Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,764 members, 7,930,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 12:13 AM

Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped (33259 Views)

14-Year-Old Girl Slashes The Joystick Of Man Who Almost Raped Her In Katsina / Charlie Champagne Arrests Gay Hairstylist Who Almost Raped His Friend In Lagos / How My Electrician Almost Raped My Nanny – Nigerian Lady Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by tellwisdom: 2:36pm On Feb 18, 2021
wisdomkid:

BASTARD Rape apologist.

An idiot like you, birthed with an infected spermatozoa will never understand the question. I don’t blame you, I blame the careless person who carried u.
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by sharpwriter(m): 3:04pm On Feb 18, 2021
RayJr:

They just met 2 weeks ago and she got to know him through someone that directed her to him so she could get her wallet funded

Baba, I'm sorry about the incident that happened to your sister. However, I urge you to take a step as regard the issue, possibly contacting the police.
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Emeka71(m): 3:08pm On Feb 18, 2021
pocohantas:

Attempted rape, just like attempted murder is a crime. What did Nigerian women do to deserve such slow-thinking men?
Do you see a man catching fun with a random babe in a crowd as an offence
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Adasun(m): 3:27pm On Feb 18, 2021
shortgun:
Better you let sleeping dog lie.
The said guy have apologised and besides you don't know the ralationship between your sister and the guy.
There's a reason she told u not to go further with the matter.

Modified for those quoting me and insulting their ancestors
How do you provide evidence for attempted Rape?
Rape is one of the most difficult cases to get a conviction not to talk of attempted rape.

My point is OP will be wasting precious time trying to proof this case...which will still end in futility.

A little elderly advice: As a Man Never go to War on the account of emotional tales by a woman; be her your mother, sister, girlfriend or wife....many have gone.
If you like follow wisdom.
you are wise

1 Like

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Blakpot: 4:16pm On Feb 18, 2021
[quote author=tellwisdom post=99170321]Confirm from your sis how close she is to him. [/quote

Wise words indeed!
So if she's in a relationship with him, attempting to rape her should be acceptable?
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Coinbased: 5:15pm On Feb 18, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by naturefellow(m): 6:13pm On Feb 18, 2021
Umaruxoxo:
[b]Report him to police [/b]and sue his ass.as him no succeed on top ur sister .anoda pesin sister fit cry on top him matter
same police that assaulted lekkitollprotesters?

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Kingsean(m): 8:44pm On Feb 18, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

The document is not an evidence.

First of all, you don't even have the right to force someone to sign a document. You are coercing someone to do something against their will. That is not allowed under the law because if you force someone to do something, they do it because they are being forced to, and not because they really want to. There is a difference between a testimony made out of free will and one made under compulsion.

Second, the judge would know that you forced him to sign the document. And this could bring a counterclaim of coercion against you.

What he should have done is make recordings of the guy's admittance to attempting to rape. And even this is hard to prove, and can be costly. And the Nigerian Police don't like to spend on costly cases. In fact, it is OP and his sister that would likely be the sponsor of their own case, which they may still end up losing.

There have been a lot of miscarriages of justice regarding rape cases, that is why the police always thread carefully. So, you are the one who will be most likely to get your own evidences for the police to use to charge the person to court.

how would she record the attempted rape? his phone calls with her are evidences. for the fact that he was begging her to forgive him, she should have recorded it. documentation cannot be overlooked as well. shikena

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 18, 2021
MejiLoyon:
If you confront the guy or beat am you've shown him mercy. He probably would have done it to someone and gotten away with it. And he probably will still do it to someone else.

Nowadays I can't stress myself. Report to the police and sue his ass to court. Let him be dragging with the law. When hand touch am he go learn lesson.

Don't confront him oooo. Make you no go use vex nack am better blow. I won't want to read about you on front page tomorrow. Igbere news no go cover you o

I second this. Don’t let him go he will try with someone else or even her God forbid if he gets away with it this time.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by folake4u(f): 9:20pm On Feb 18, 2021
pocohantas:

Assault is a crime. I know I didn’t study law and not familiar with you guys grammar, but attempted rape is a “crime”. It is a criminal offense. It is punishable by law (or it should be).

Lol. I study Law and yeah, you're right.
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by pocohantas(f): 9:44pm On Feb 18, 2021
folake4u:

Lol. I study Law and yeah, you're right.

Thanks o. I was almost giving up on Nigeria, again. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by sircatherine45(m): 10:23pm On Feb 18, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Confront him, and give him the warning of his life. Never condemn a man based on the first impression. He might not be like that with every woman. You may be surprised it was his first time.

All the same, confront him. Make sure your warning is firm, and make sure it condemns his act in full, without mincing words. What he did is criminal, and carries a harsh sentence in any jurisdiction in the world.

To report such a case to the police, you would need proof, otherwise it would be a waste of time. If you recorded his call while he was apologizing, then you can use that to press charges in the meantime.

But I must warn that cases are not as straightforward as lay people always see them. You may think you have a strong case against the guy, but you will be surprised that he may beat you and your sister in court, and even get compensation.

So, if you want to press charges, have solid irrefutable evidences. Because "my sister said this, my sister said that" are nothing but mere empty words in a court of law.

This is the best advice. take it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by sircatherine45(m): 10:35pm On Feb 18, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

The document is not an evidence.

First of all, you don't even have the right to force someone to sign a document. You are coercing someone to do something against their will. That is not allowed under the law because if you force someone to do something, they do it because they are being forced to, and not because they really want to. There is a difference between a testimony made out of free will and one made under compulsion.

Second, the judge would know that you forced him to sign the document. And this could bring a counterclaim of coercion against you.

What he should have done is make recordings of the guy's admittance to attempting to rape. And even this is hard to prove, and can be costly. And the Nigerian Police don't like to spend on costly cases. In fact, it is OP and his sister that would likely be the sponsor of their own case, which they may still end up losing.

There have been a lot of miscarriages of justice regarding rape cases, that is why the police always thread carefully. So, you are the one who will be most likely to get your own evidences for the police to use to charge the person to court.

Besides, any document not signed by a recognized authority or entity is void. If the guy forces the potential rapist to sign an unrecognized document, the potential rapist might make a claim for "attempted rape accusations", and the guy will win, with huge compensation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by adebayo987: 11:06pm On Feb 18, 2021
In everything, put yourself in people's shoes before you act. If you were the one that asked your mother not to further a case and she went ahead to do so, you'd feel disrespected and be like you're nothing even when you know she's trying to protect you. Confronting the guy makes you offend your sister, not even the guy. If he has appologized to his victim and the victim has accepted, just mind your business and thank your sister otherwise she may never tell you of a danger that could take her life in the future. I remembered the first time i fought in school and told my dad when i got home, he dealt with me even more and that made me to keep my school experiences a secret from him even the one that they nearly force me into cultism if not that my teacher interrupted the process. Ever since i learnt my lessons on where to go and never to go. Warn your sister to do all business matters in her shop and not in people's houses no matter the pressure from her clients. Hope that helps. Good luck!
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Ktunzmusic: 11:46pm On Feb 18, 2021
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Ktunzmusic: 12:01am On Feb 19, 2021
Jesus loves you. Jesus is the answer for the world today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC-07tA5R_o
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by sfinkzslot(m): 12:19am On Feb 19, 2021
Tbf he has been able to break your sis resistance with this 1st move, he will do it abeit subtle, this is time to sit your sis down, and build up her confidence and defence with correct sense talk, she is so vunerable to him now!
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Roseey0(f): 3:08am On Feb 19, 2021
I hope everyone saying warn him, beat him up, report him and so on, are not living this same kinda of life.
I hope you are staying true because your own cup go full someday.

Growing up in Nigeria is tough. embarassed
Do I even know any girl that was not roughened at some point embarassed
Your no means keep trying ..She just dey do shakara embarassed

Ladies. Just avoid them as much as you can.
Don't see them in private places.
Stay away from their homes till they have proven they can control their Ds. Majority of them lose it once the D stands.

Op.
Your sister must look for another partner to do business with. This one has failed the self control test. He will still do it again. Let's hope she is not on her heat period when he does.

My2kobo

1 Like

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:24am On Feb 19, 2021
sircatherine45:

Besides, any document not signed by a recognized authority or entity is void. If the guy forces the potential rapist to sign an unrecognized document, the potential rapist might make a claim for "attempted rape accusations", and the guy will win, with huge compensation.

Exactly.
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by folake4u(f): 8:29am On Feb 19, 2021
pocohantas:

Thanks o. I was almost giving up on Nigeria, again. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Nne, me sef don give up on the country a long time ago embarassed
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by syntekelite(m): 11:18am On Feb 19, 2021
RayJr:
Advice Needed: My Sister Was Almost Raped

Good evening guys, I trust Y'all had a great day.

I will try to make this as short and simple as possible.

My kid sister texted me on WhatsApp this evening saying she almost got raped by the guy crediting her online wallet for her, I drove straight to my mum's store because I was just leaving the office.

Now I met her and asked what's up.

She has an online wallet where she recharges decoders, pays electricity bills for people, sells airtime and data etc. She is a student and she's doing that business in my mum's store so she could help herself in school.

She said someone sent her 30k to pay his electricity bill and also recharge his decoder for him so she went to the guy's shop to get her account credited but he wasn't there then she called him and he directed her to his house in that same street very close to the shop.
She got there and the guy tried forcing himself on her, mind you she's on her period, she refused and during the scuffle she lost one of her earrings, she begged me not to take action that the guy has apologised, seeing that I was very hurt and I wanted to confront the guy at that moment. while she was explaining to me the guy called and kept on apologizing but I'm not having any of that.

I wanted to call some of my friends to beat up the guy but after she begged me, I still want confront the guy, warn him seriously but I need advice on if that's the best thing to do or which way do you think is best to approach the situation?

No insults please. Thank you all
whats the location of said rapist? forget all dose advice peeps dey give you,never joke with ur sister, wether na her boyfriend or not,no one has the right to rape,in my mind he has already raped her nothing like attempted rape.
solution: arrange 4 unknown soldiers to drill the guy till rape comot fr hin head then he will sign undertaking.. fck the police,and dont use men dem..use soldiers today today.. no time..
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by wisdomkid: 8:25am On Feb 21, 2021
tellwisdom:

An idiot like you, birthed with an infected spermatozoa will never understand the question. I don’t blame you, I blame the careless person who carried u.

Celebrity, come April again lets celebrate your birthday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Soldier Drills An Uninvited Guest In Delta, Makes Him Lie Inside Mud / Police Parade ‘fake Soldiers And Car Thieves’ In Lagos (Pictured) / Outrage After Girl’s Panties Was Used As Evidence To Clear Man Of Rape

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.