Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,386 members, 7,904,471 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 02:02 PM

What Would You Do If This Was You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Would You Do If This Was You (666 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do If This Was You by dealordea(m): 3:48pm On Apr 08, 2011
The STD thread reminded me of a pretty horrible situation.

A girlfriend of mine just found out that she has herpes, when she talked to her bf she was shocked to find out that he passed it on to her and that the creep knew of it before they started dating and "forgot" to mention it to her,

She is obviously devastated, and is considering taking him to court, can she do that? not so sure,

What would you do in her case?
Re: What Would You Do If This Was You by 25omega(m): 4:12pm On Apr 08, 2011
she can take him to court if she recorded the convo they had where he admitted that he knew he had it but "forgot" to tell her.
That will possibly be called germ warfare with intent to spread grin

That dude is such a dirt bag i will do harm to him if that were my sister
Re: What Would You Do If This Was You by MrsChima(f): 4:24pm On Apr 08, 2011
Depending on the country you are currently residing and their laws.  However, if a person who has HIV/AIDS knowingly infected another that is Attempted Murder but STD exchanges are not against the law whether the person knew it or not. 

That why stupidity has a lot of enemies.  She should have put her HEALTH and WELL BEING first instead of a 2 minutes nut.
Re: What Would You Do If This Was You by SexyDuby(f): 4:34pm On Apr 08, 2011
She shuld be thinking of treating herself properly & not wasting her time in any jackshit court case! tongue tongue
Re: What Would You Do If This Was You by livedit(f): 6:53pm On Apr 08, 2011
It's very sad that happened to her. But you can never be too careful. It is YOUR responsibility to make sure you use the necessary precautious when "just dating" to ensure your health. That was so evil of that guy to do that. I shutter the thought of what I might do if that was me. It'll take every angel in heaven and my Lord to stop me from going loco on him. Sadly enough, the damaged is done and she gotta live with that disease for the rest of her. sad
Re: What Would You Do If This Was You by 190: 7:01pm On Apr 08, 2011
she should thank Her God it wasnt HIV
Re: What Would You Do If This Was You by trueluv: 7:06pm On Apr 08, 2011
am very sure he did not force himself on her,let them go for the treatment together and they can take it from there. meanwhile,if the guy doesent wnt it,probably he has something up his sleeves,lay ur cards on the table,
Re: What Would You Do If This Was You by Mynd44: 7:17pm On Apr 08, 2011
Call your lawyers and prepare for a very long suit
Re: What Would You Do If This Was You by CrudeOil2(m): 7:35pm On Apr 08, 2011
Her boyfriend is a selfish bastard. Suing him wont help matters, she just has to take care of herslef medically considering that herpes is incurable.
Re: What Would You Do If This Was You by Odunnu: 7:49pm On Apr 08, 2011
A court?
Hope not in Nigeria. She'l only make a fool of herself.
Re: What Would You Do If This Was You by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 08, 2011
He'd have to take ME to court for bodily harm!  angry angry

but depending on where you live nothing can be done about that
esp. in the United States UNLESS you are able to prove he did so with intent.
If so he can be prosecuted and may be ordered to pay restitution. I know there
have been cases in which ppl have been given hard time or life sentences for purposely giving their
partners AIDs/ HIV.
Re: What Would You Do If This Was You by Nekai(f): 10:10pm On Apr 08, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

That why stupidity has a lot of enemies. She should have put her HEALTH and WELL BEING first instead of a 2 minutes nut.

Lol! She has nobody to blame but herself. She should have protected herself. There are many people who don't even know they are walking around with an STD. He is a wicked person for doing this, but did she expect him to tell her that he has an incurable STD? He woudn't get any punnnny that way!
Re: What Would You Do If This Was You by InkedNerd(f): 6:37am On Apr 09, 2011
@OP: Depending on the country she's in, she can legally do it. There have been of few cases of people who have done that.
Re: What Would You Do If This Was You by tashanja(m): 7:01am On Apr 09, 2011
^^^^ correct, you never fail to post intelligently and impassionately, pls keep it up wink smiley cool

(1) (Reply)

Pls Contribute 2 Dis My Fellow Nigeria / What do you think about this! / What Will You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.