Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,427 members, 7,950,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 06:26 AM

Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty (39321 Views)

Buckingham Palace's Statement On Harry, Meghan Interview / Prince Charles Responds To Prince Harry, Meghan Markle's Interview / Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Interview With Oprah: Top Takeaways (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:52pm On Feb 20, 2021
post=99241868:
Harry and Meghan have already begun the process of carving out their post-royal roles, building the foundations of their media empire with a number of high-profile deals. In December, they announced they would be producing podcasts for Spotify, and before that they signed a multi-year production deal with Netflix.

In this world, you can only do what makes you happy in life, no matter your background.
You only live once.

Wishing you safe delivery in everything and especially on the expected delivery of your second baby.

Life is beautiful. kiss kiss

What do kids know
So what media are they escaping really when they'll be producing podcasts and having shows on netflix. One would think they'll buy a ranch in Texas or go into farming.
I fear Meghan the vintage American feminist and capitalist may have thought they are better off doing their own things and getting the reward than being tied to her grandma-in-law's apron.
Reminds me of a certain prince who took such path. It didn't really end well.
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by tonididdy(m): 12:58pm On Feb 20, 2021
inoki247:
so that means they're no more an asset dey ar just ordinary citizen now.....

Anybody wey kidnap dem na ordinary citizen e kidnap shocked shocked
Do you think they reside in your shitty hole where kidnapping is the order of the day?

They have a safe life in canada
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by Saintmary(f): 1:00pm On Feb 20, 2021
Tonytonex:
hmmm! so many versions don't even know which one to believe. heard that it's because the mother was a is a black woman

You don't have to listen to liars,

Princess Di married a man in love with another woman, so they were three in the marriage, she slipped into depression while her two boys watched.

One of them supported Daddy while the other pitied Mummy.

In the long run, Princess Di started acting out, divorced the unfaithful husband, picked up a new lover but the royal family didn't want a Muslim step son to drag the throne with their sons in the future, so 'miraculously' the problem got solved through an 'accident'.

The small boy wailing at his Mom's funeral now grew up, and decided to part ways with his Mummy's 'enemies', so to speak.

Meanwhile, the man went on to marry the woman who indirectly caused his wife's death and the disintegration of his family.

This is the summary of what I found out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by Saintmary(f): 1:06pm On Feb 20, 2021
mariahAngel:

Why wait till he got married then?

Cutting off ties with his family after getting married was and is selfish of him. He only used them for emotional support for as long as he needed them. Now, he wants "freedom"?

Let's hope it doesn't backfire on him.

He didn't cut off ties, he just resigned from his official duties.

He didn't say he has disowned them naw, be calming down.

1 Like

Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by Saintmary(f): 1:09pm On Feb 20, 2021
mariahAngel:

Why wait till he got married then?

Cutting off ties with his family after getting married was and is selfish of him. He only used them for emotional support for as long as he needed them. Now, he wants "freedom"?

Let's hope it doesn't backfire on him.

He didn't cut off ties with them, he just resigned from his official duties.

He didn't say he has disowned them naw, be calming down.
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by hybridblood07(m): 1:10pm On Feb 20, 2021
I pray so too. I believe the woman is not comfortable her husband being in the Royal family.
nextBIGthing:
Buhari again !!!

I pray make this girl no do this guy strong thing at then end ..
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by DryMouth: 1:12pm On Feb 20, 2021
[quote author=akpunda86 post=99241925][/quote]
I dnt care abt where am being buried.
My children can bury me anywhere.
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by alexola20(m): 1:14pm On Feb 20, 2021
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by DryMouth: 1:15pm On Feb 20, 2021
Rubbiish:

What do u mean by normal life?
Living like a commoner is now better than royalty?
How can u compare your dirty traditional rites with British royalty?? The Lady is deceiving the guy. Nobody in his right senses will make such decision?
U can't compare yourself ur pple...
because u prefer royalty doesn't mean another person likes it!
I dnt like that either...
I prefer to lead a low life(with money tho), away frm everybody.
Jst me and my family

1 Like

Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:21pm On Feb 20, 2021
PrinxArthur1:
simp or no simp the royal palace said he and his entire generation has no claim to the throne, after he started dating a black person, so if it was you what will you do?
Where did you get dis from?

1 Like

Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by OwenJesse27(m): 1:22pm On Feb 20, 2021
DryMouth:
They want a normal life...
I could remember when i was called to the village to perform some useless traditional rites as the first son...

I warned all of them never to call/associate me with their stinking poverty life...

Lol grin
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:39pm On Feb 20, 2021
texazzpete:

There you go again, parroting racists talking points cheesy

“It was not racist for these white people, so how can you say deliberate racist material is racist when a black person is involved?”

Lmao.

People posted blogs with racist tropes. Depicted eating watermelons. Photos with her baby depicted as a monkey. Pictures of her with monkeyish features.

Some of you Nigerians sha...

And all these will stop once she leaves the palace?
How many of you Nigerians have carried Buhari gworo chewing Fulani? I've not seen him resigned from the presidency because of that. Those ppl who posted those things online are largely inconsequential idiots and I doubt that decision was made because of them.
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:39pm On Feb 20, 2021
texazzpete:

There you go again, parroting racists talking points cheesy

“It was not racist for these white people, so how can you say deliberate racist material is racist when a black person is involved?”

Lmao.

People posted blogs with racist tropes. Depicted eating watermelons. Photos with her baby depicted as a monkey. Pictures of her with monkeyish features.

Some of you Nigerians sha...

How many of you Nigerians have called Buhari gworo chewing Fulani? I've not seen him resigned from the presidency because of that. Those ppl who posted those things online are largely inconsequential idiots and I doubt that decision was made because of them.
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:43pm On Feb 20, 2021
wonder233:
They just couldn't bear that he opted to marry a lady that was a quarter black...not even half black o. Yet they make players take the knee before every football game in England to denounce racism, whereas the racism is so deep-rooted from the top all the way down.
Nobody made players take the knee. The players agreed in their union to take the knee
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by Rubbiish(m): 1:46pm On Feb 20, 2021
DryMouth:

U can't compare yourself ur pple...
because u prefer royalty doesn't mean another person likes it!
I dnt like that either...
I prefer to lead a low life(with money tho), away frm everybody.
Jst me and my family
Then it should be by your own decision!
Not a woman talking u into doing it like a puppet!
Why did he have to wait till his wife started having issues with his people before doing all these?? Even a kid will know his wife is behind all this nonsense!
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by Mike008(m): 1:47pm On Feb 20, 2021
Well, she misses Hollywood
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by DryMouth: 2:11pm On Feb 20, 2021
Rubbiish:

Then it should be by your own decision!
Not a woman talking u into doing it like a puppet!
Why did he have to wait till his wife started having issues with his people before doing all these?? Even a kid will know his wife is behind all this nonsense!
Who said it was because of his wife...
We jst dey dis shithole country and assume what's happening abroad.

1 Like

Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by stonecoldcafe: 2:29pm On Feb 20, 2021
fergie001:

SOURCE

Family and your happiness comes 1st. I guess Harry learnt from his mother's life and tragic death.
Family 1st. If he needs to move away with his wife to protect their sanity and raise children in peace, so be it.

[s]Though something tells me someday, he will still return home. Home being England[/s] lipsrsealed
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by mariahAngel(f): 2:44pm On Feb 20, 2021
ImaIma1:

Probably marriage made it more glaring that he needed privacy and freedom.

How long do we think the marriage will even last? If it backfires, he will face the consequences himself

Well, I pray they stay happy and grow old together, with their children and grandchildren.

Harry deserves to be happy, Meghan too deserves to be happy.
I hope they make each other happy.
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by LutanFyah: 3:05pm On Feb 20, 2021
alexola20:
Maybe one of many reasons he is running away from them.
Running from the British crown? You're very funny.

You just really underestimated the powers and reach of that Crown. If they want them to disappear,it's a piece of cake.
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:05pm On Feb 20, 2021
Saintmary:

You don't have to listen to liars,

Princess Di married a man in love with another woman, so they were three in the marriage, she slipped into depression while her two boys watched.

One of them supported Daddy while the other pitied Mummy.

In the long run, Princess Di started acting out, divorced the unfaithful husband, picked up a new lover but the royal family didn't want a Muslim step son to drag the throne with their sons in the future, so 'miraculously' the problem got solved through an 'accident'.

The small boy wailing at his Mom's funeral now grew up, and decided to part ways with his Mummy's 'enemies', so to speak.

Meanwhile, the man went on to marry the woman who indirectly caused his wife's death and the disintegration of his family.

This is the summary of what I found out.
How exactly would the Muslim stepson drag throne with William
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by Orpe7(m): 3:07pm On Feb 20, 2021
Atleast ure not the next in line for the throne so u can jakpa now rather than build hatred inside
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by texazzpete(m): 3:21pm On Feb 20, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

How many of you Nigerians have carried Buhari gworo chewing Fulani? I've not seen him resigned from the presidency because of that. Those ppl who posted those things online are largely inconsequential idiots and I doubt that decision was made because of them.

Yes, the amount of racist vitriol has begun to taper off.

Also, at least they aren't constantly harrassed by paparazzi. Their children will grow up with even more privacy.
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by texazzpete(m): 3:25pm On Feb 20, 2021
Rubbiish:

Forget privacy talk!
Why wait till now he is married??
His wife is the one behind all this!

You've heard that someone's wife is being harrassed by the media and paparazzi and you're going "why wait until he is married".

Is everything OK with you? Do you take malaria medicine when you're healthy?

Rubbiish:

Any man that know his worth won't leave his family because of a woman!

'wife'. Not woman. WIFE.

A real man knows his new family with his wife and kids are the major focus of his affections. That's how the cycle of life goes. The parents also once left their families to be with their wives.

Only poorly educated, misogynistic neanderthals than infest Nairaland keep parroting this nonsense that a 'man' should even care more for his siblings than the wife and mother of his kids.
In reality, we see this happen a lot when many Nigerian men would put their brothers as their next of kin, not their wives. and when they die, the brother takes all the property and money and throw the man's wife and children on the streets.

Too many kids are getting married these days.
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by texazzpete(m): 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2021
bukatyne:

And how did he get his game and fortune?

Prior to January 2020, what made Harry Harry?

What gave him access to ALL the things he has?

Was that a license for people to harrass his family and violate his privacy?

The man has now said he doesn't want to do again, so he doesn't pay the same Iron Price his mother paid. How is that so difficult for you people to comprehend?

Some of you need more exposure. When you're at rock bottom, you think fame and titles are everything. The man himself don hammer and has a net worth in the tens of millions of dollars. He can buy any car or house he wants. Why is it supposed to be a blow to him that he doesn't get to dress up for functions and wave to crowds as a 'royal'?

You remind me of Nigerians overseas wey dem dey dupe into coming back to their village to take chieftancy titles and pay millions of naira. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by texazzpete(m): 3:34pm On Feb 20, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

So what media are they escaping really when they'll be producing podcasts and having shows on netflix.

You can make your podcasts from the comfort of your home. You can shoot netflix shows in secure, remote locations.

Agboriotejoye:

I fear Meghan the vintage American feminist and capitalist may have thought they are better off doing their own things and getting the reward than being tied to her grandma-in-law's apron..

No, that's just the misogynist in you telling you that a 'wicked woman' must be behind this decision. Never mind that the overwhelming evidence is that Harry - who witnessed his own mother being harrassed and torn apart in the media, and who saw her die from media frenzy - is likely to be the one behind this decision.

Do you know how much you must hate women for you to dismiss the thought that a man who was hit hard by his mother's death and blamed the media for it would be the one pushing to boost his family's privacy?
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by saasala(m): 4:53pm On Feb 20, 2021
BrandBrainBox:
Royalty could become a cage for free spirits. People in the palace envy the freedom outside it. Famous people sometimes desire to have the freedom of being unknown even when they don't want to lose the power of fame. Every star has a scar. But, the worst of all situations remains poverty and powerlessness. It even makes you worthier of hell. So, get rich and powerful the right way and you'll be the happiest person on Earth.

Meanwhile, Prince Harry only resembles his mom Princess Diana in being a free spirit. She also broke royal protocol. Some people even think that her death was arranged from the palace for "disgracing the royal family". Maybe, it's the hidden reason Harry chose to 'escape' to the US.

Aside from your very intelligent point of reasoning, I also like your style of writing. It is impeccable.
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by ImaIma1(f): 5:07pm On Feb 20, 2021
mariahAngel:

Well, I pray they stay happy and grow old together, with their children and grandchildren.

Harry deserves to be happy, Meghan too deserves to be happy.
I hope they make each other happy.

Amen o.

I hope for the best for them. We don't want to read ugly stories on the tabloids later.
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:22pm On Feb 20, 2021
texazzpete:

You can make your podcasts from the comfort of your home. You can shoot netflix shows in secure, remote locations.

No, that's just the misogynist in you telling you that a 'wicked woman' must be behind this decision. Never mind that the overwhelming evidence is that Harry - who witnessed his own mother being harrassed and torn apart in the media, and who saw her die from media frenzy - is likely to be the one behind this decision.

Do you know how much you must hate women for you to dismiss the thought that a man who was hit hard by his mother's death and blamed the media for it would be the one pushing to boost his family's privacy?

Lol. I hate women because I have chosen a narrative different from yours.
Whether you make podcasts from your toilet seat or shoot netflix videos from Mars, the fact is you still remain in the public eye with such stuff and publicity is like a rope with no end. You can start it but once it starts, you can't determine how far it will go.

I hope you know Diana herself never sought privacy from the media. She courted them and harnessed their attention as much as she could benefit.
That said, Harry spent 36 years in the family without seeking for privacy until he gets married to an American star who simply didn't like being told what to do or how to live. Fact is, if he had married a conservative British who understands well the British monarchy and cherishes it, I doubt this search for privacy which involves shooting netflix videos and making podcast and doing interviews with Oprah won't come up.

1 Like

Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:27pm On Feb 20, 2021
texazzpete:

Yes, the amount of racist vitriol has begun to taper off.

Also, at least they aren't constantly harrassed by paparazzi. Their children will grow up with even more privacy.

Lol. Taper off indeed. When British tabloids blame her for the decision and even tagged it Megxit
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by akpunda86: 5:46pm On Feb 20, 2021
DryMouth:

I dnt care abt where am being buried.
My children can bury me anywhere.

Pray to die at an old age bro which is rare in naija now.village people important bro biko
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan Announce Final Split With British Royalty by salford1: 5:58pm On Feb 20, 2021
texazzpete:

Was that a license for people to harrass his family and violate his privacy?

The man has now said he doesn't want to do again, so he doesn't pay the same Iron Price his mother paid. How is that so difficult for you people to comprehend?

Some of you need more exposure. When you're at rock bottom, you think fame and titles are everything. The man himself don hammer and has a net worth in the tens of millions of dollars. He can buy any car or house he wants. Why is it supposed to be a blow to him that he doesn't get to dress up for functions and wave to crowds as a 'royal'?

You remind me of Nigerians overseas wey dem dey dupe into coming back to their village to take chieftancy titles and pay millions of naira. cheesy
Exactly, he is a made man. People making it seem like he would suffer by breaking away like in some Nollywood movie. They forgot that Diana's family (The Spencer) are extremely rich too.

The royal family stuff is fading out sef. No one really gives much fvcks about them anymore.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Countries That Gained Independence In October Just Like Nigeria / "You Ruined This Country" Angry Civilians Yell At Israeli Minister (video) / 'Powerful' Prisoner Impregnates Four Guards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.