Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,863 members, 7,945,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 05:36 AM

Medical Tourism: Senate Moves To Block Revenue Leakages, Exodus Of Doctors, ... - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Medical Tourism: Senate Moves To Block Revenue Leakages, Exodus Of Doctors, ... (13681 Views)

"Thousands Of Doctors Could Be Considering Leaving The UK" - GMC / Exodus Of Doctors May Worsen Nigeria’s Poor Health Indices, Says NMA / A Nigerian Family Of Doctors Based In The US (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Tourism: Senate Moves To Block Revenue Leakages, Exodus Of Doctors, ... by Jman06(m): 1:27pm On Feb 20, 2021
rotadeco27:

Which physician wants to become kpharmacist? I spot a johesu member . I'm a neurosurgery trainee, having operated 10- 15hrs on the brain ,do u think I will want to combine another person's work with that? Until that EVIL amalgamation against the doctors is disbanded, health sector won't have peace no matter how much is pumped in to it. In the countries u made mention of , no interprofessional rivalry because everyone knows his or her limit and does his or her job.
I once wrote a post operative order and a nurse told me I should change it to post operative plan because "no one is here to carry out any order of yours" I told her if she was not comfortable carrying it out she should relay her complaints to the management.
I am not a JOHESU member for the records. But from my observation, the interprofessional rivalry in Nigerian healthcare was initiated and is being perpetuated by Nigerian doctors. Nigerian doctors are the ones who train the so called auxiliary nurses and use them as substitute for qualified BSc Nurses. Imagine if people begin to train "auxiliary doctors"! Go to private hospitals and you see doctors employ school cert holders to dispense drugs in their pharmacies which in most cases are not even registered by appropriate authorities, so who is now looking for trouble These practices have been going on and no one cared to correct them! Now, NMA is the one going about and complaining of the same problem they are architects of.

Y’all continue to deceive government into pumping money into the sector, but the truth is that the problem of our health sector lies mainly with poor management and you and I know that doctors have been the ones mismanaging our health sector since time immemorial. If we had wise people in government, what they'll do is to first overhaul the management of the sector by employing seasoned healthcare managers with qualification in healthcare administration and management before investing money into the sector.

1 Like

Re: Medical Tourism: Senate Moves To Block Revenue Leakages, Exodus Of Doctors, ... by Teleprompter(f): 2:37pm On Feb 20, 2021
I don't but this.
Government doesn't care about brain drain because at the end of the day, these doctors and nurses send a lot of money back home and more doctors and nurses are raised via such funds.
Economically, the government does not lose because the money comes back here with less people to cater for.
Re: Medical Tourism: Senate Moves To Block Revenue Leakages, Exodus Of Doctors, ... by steric58(m): 2:52pm On Feb 20, 2021
If this government don't want to be unfortunate in life they shouldn't implement this rubbish law o, how many medical personnel wey graduate get job for this God forsaken country, aye won Ma baje ni
Re: Medical Tourism: Senate Moves To Block Revenue Leakages, Exodus Of Doctors, ... by Burstit(m): 3:51pm On Feb 20, 2021
post=99244683:

Even with this good and positive news , Racoon, you never saw any positivity in it.
All you do is wail and cry on EVERYTHING.
Is the wall clock in your house permanently on hate O'clock?!
Please be positive for once in life biko.
Please don't wail from 2015 to 2023 , that is loooong 8 years brotherly.

You and your ilks are only negative 24/7 and 365 days in a year.
You wake up in hate and anger and live throughout the day the same way!
When do you find time to be happy, smile with family members, have fun, make love and  sometimes, just as other human beings do!
Cc Omenka 

If we criticize constructively this country will be better for us all.
#BeLikeDemManna, acknowledge the positive things And let us criticize the negative things together, as we do @[color=#006600][/color].

An advice from the elders.
U ar a foooool
Peace out!
Re: Medical Tourism: Senate Moves To Block Revenue Leakages, Exodus Of Doctors, ... by cutechioma1: 8:07pm On Feb 20, 2021
Senate is talking like its just doctors that are fleeing this country. Most youth and adult are looking for a way to leave this country irrespective of their profession. Its not about increasing the pay of doctors as it will not solve the economic challenges we have in the country. The reason it seems like those in abroad earn is just the value of their currency. If $1 is equivalent to #1, most people will not be complaining. What they are even paying doctors over there is not even that wonderful just that when we convert it to our naira it would seem much. The Senate should come up with ways to make our economy good and provide social amenities.
Re: Medical Tourism: Senate Moves To Block Revenue Leakages, Exodus Of Doctors, ... by Ikpunekenwa(m): 10:37pm On Feb 20, 2021
rotadeco27:

It is obvious that the guy is benefiting form useless system . Every clamoring for continuation of the nonsense one Nigeria is either directly or indirectly cashing out from the failed country. Since I was a little boy, I was used to the saying Nigeria will be better ! But what do we have ? --- selfish and vision less led amalgamation called country! I won't allow my children to start quoting the same . No law can stop us from going away from the Shithole
To tell you how much I loved this one Nigeria with hope it will be better, I applied to join the army four good times but recently what am seeing, I feel this one Nigeria is nonsense I swear. Am still in confusion that this herdsmen and banditry is making waves to the extent the the defence staff is saying we should now defend ourselves which is exactly what ESN is doing but the bandits are begged with amnesty while ESN is bombed. Am just tired of this country I swear, it kills dreams, suffocates talent and destroys hope.
Re: Medical Tourism: Senate Moves To Block Revenue Leakages, Exodus Of Doctors, ... by Farolo: 11:44pm On Feb 20, 2021
NLPoliceWoman:

S My44 Justw Domin.
Rule 2

You are still here behaving foolishly abi? Lol grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF / Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues / Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.