Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,920 members, 7,872,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:40 AM

Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex (2422 Views)

Nigerian Air: FG Spent N190bn On Ethiopian Aircraft Photoshoot- Peter Okoye / Peter Okoye Posts The Road To His Home Before And During Peter Obi's Tenure / The Igbo Socio-Political Elite Are The Most Useless People In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 20, 2021
Igbo socio-cultural confusion, cultural inferiority complex, mental weakness/disorder and patriotic divergence.—Chijioke Ngobili

Peter Okoye (Psquare)'s recent “evangelizing” tweet about uniting Nigerians and eschewing ethnic divisions is a good reflection of the confused and divergent mental-psychological states of many Ìgbò youths born from the late 1970s to early 2000s. I have never seen a generation of Ìgbò so fake, so confused, so distracted and so missionless like that generation, of which I equally belong to.
That generation is where you find the greatest number of young parents raising their Ìgbò children to be anything but Ìgbò yet they go about identifying as Ìgbò.

That generation is where you find young mums competing with each other over whose children speak better English as well as ensuring that their own mother tongue—Ìgbò language—is never spoken by the children to avoid 'spoiling' their English accent.
That is the generation where you find Ìgbò undergraduate students studying in universities based in Ìgbòland who go about foolishly conversing in Yoruba to show their fellow Ìgbò some urban-cultural superiority as being born and bred in Lagos — in Ìgbòland o!
That generation is where you find the greatest number of IPOB and ESN critics and haters who still want the Fulani herdsmen in their villages to get out from the bushes in Ìgbòland 'automatically'.

That generation is where you find the greatest number of Ìgbò people speaking and writing Hausa and Yoruba languages so fluently but tell you they “understand” Ìgbò but cannot speak and write it fluently.

That generation is where you find the greatest number of Ìgbò people whose entire names are anything but Ìgbò and still do not care about the future implications as long as the American-media has reconfigured their mind to care less.

That generation is where you find the greatest number of fake Ìgbò people very much eager to show love and affection publicly on social media screens but are often lilylivered to make real and true sacrifices when the loyalty to love is tested.

That generation is where you find young people making jokes with their one and only natural constituency—their village—appropriating it (and the kindred living in it) to misfortunes and undesirable things. “Na im village people dey worry am”, they say and laugh away, oblivious of the monumental damage they're doing to their minds, themselves and those of their children.

I really do not want to add anything to what many sensible Ìgbò people have already said in their fitful responses to Peter Okoye and his “unity” message. I only wanted to use him as a reflector of the larger stupidity dealing with his generation. It is a reflection of socio-cultural confusion, cultural inferiority complex, mental weakness/disorder and patriotic divergence. If not, he and those Ìgbò rationalizing for him would have known what their ancestors meant when they made these proverbs:
“onye ụnọ ya na-agba ọkụ ada achụ oké”
“a zọta anị, a zọba ute”
“A na-esi n'ụnọ malụ mma wee pụọ n'ama”
—Chijioke Ngobili

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by Prolificgiant(m): 4:28pm On Feb 20, 2021
It's not only the igbo, it affect every southern Nigeria, we want to speak queens English at the detriment of our mother tongue , if u are an experienced teacher and reside around bada, ayobo, Lagos check my signature requirements WAEC, OND and NCE

3 Likes

Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by Fahdiga(m): 4:33pm On Feb 20, 2021
Peter that can't even unite with his twin brother is the one asking Nigerians to unite. talk about a foolish man

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by gidgiddy: 5:44pm On Feb 20, 2021
Fahdiga:
Peter that can't even unite with his twin brother is the one asking Nigerians to unite. talk about a foolish man

Very true grin grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by haffaze777(m): 5:57pm On Feb 20, 2021
That is the generation where you find Ìgbò undergraduate students studying in universities based in Ìgbòland who go about foolishly conversing in Yoruba to show their fellow Ìgbò some urban-cultural superiority as being born and bred in Lagos — in Ìgbòland o!

This is so truegrin

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by Biafrannuke: 6:39pm On Feb 20, 2021
Peter okoye is a lunatic who wants tribes to unite but is at war with his own twin brother.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by Rugaria: 7:00pm On Feb 20, 2021
The guy is too opionated for his own good..

As for young Igbos and their behavior, I think we have to understand that we must pay a price for raising a generation almost in foreign lands.., following the dangerous policies of the federal government that pauperized and made igbo states almost uinhabitable. Fresh out of the war, Igbo land was a carnage! Many left to seek better opportunities elsewhere, especially following the coming of murtala and Obasanjo..
That movement provided many positives by helping lots of igbo families to escape raw apartheid in igboland and start earning decent pay..

On the downside, it created this problem; Igbos raised with foreign cultural practices and norms. You start to see Igbos who fight and defend "foreign interests", far more than they do that of Igbos because they only go home few times in a decade... If the igbo State Union was not banned by Gowon, as strong as it was, it could have helped. But without a central igbo organization for a long time until Ohanaeze, it was everybody to himself.. Essentially, you have to find some positives there.. You win some, you loose some..

8 Likes

Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by Resurrection212: 7:02pm On Feb 20, 2021
I'm really ashamed of being igbo.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 20, 2021
It is a reflection of socio-cultural confusion, cultural inferiority complex, mental weakness/disorder and patriotic divergence

I guess the above explains why Igbos care more about Tinubu, the SW and what Yorubas are doing in their land than their own affairs in ala Igbo.

I have always argued that most Igbos, because of their obsessive behavior toward the SW and her indigenes, are Yoruba wannabes and this article confirms my opinion precisely and why it is so.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by Rugaria: 7:25pm On Feb 20, 2021
Oshigun:

I guess the above explains why Igbos care more about Tinubu, the SW and what Yorubas are doing in their land than their own affairs in ala Igbo.

I have always argued that most Igbos, because of their obsessive behavior toward the SW and her indigenes, are Yoruba wannabes and this article confirms my opinion precisely and why it is so.

You must inject yourself in the middle of the discuss.. We talking about foreign cultural influences and the impact on the young generation, you are here talking about Igbo "fixation" on a renowned drug baron and all that.. where is the correlation? How many Igbos know about Tinubu until he worked tooth and nail to impose a re-tarded herdsman as the president of Nigeria? Should we clap for him for doing so?

5 Likes

Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by Monogamy: 7:26pm On Feb 20, 2021
grin cheesy

Na family affairs
Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 20, 2021
Biafrannuke:
Peter okoye is a lunatic who wants tribes to unite but is at war with his own twin brother.

You guys are such unevolved simpleton. So I can't fall out with my brother and still back national unity? Are the two intertwined? Mumu people.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 20, 2021
Rugaria:

You must inject yourself in the middle of the discuss.. We talking about foreign cultural influences and the impact on the young generation, you are here talking about Igbo "fixation" on a renowned drug baron and all that.. where is the correlation? How many Igbos know about Tinubu until he worked tooth and nail to impose a re-tarded herdsman as the president of Nigeria? Should we clap for him for doing so?

You know exactly what I am talking about which is that that Igbos are obsessively and abnormally involved in the affairs of the Yorubas because most young Igbos today suffer from an identity crisis that sees them identifying more with things and people outside ala Igbo.

You people should move to change this because the obsession of Igbos with everything Yoruba is really scary and disconcerting for Yorubas.

It is the reason most of us rise up to tackle Igbos here. If Igbos were not obtrusive in manner, towards everything Yoruba-related, then most Yorubas would not care about them.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by nedu666: 7:42pm On Feb 20, 2021
Peter okoye did not write this article for those that can't read and those that read but can't understand. Chijoke nobilli wrote it.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by nedu666: 7:43pm On Feb 20, 2021
Oshigun:

You know exactly what I am talking about which is that that Igbos are obsessively and abnormally involved in the affairs of the Yorubas because most young Igbos today suffer from an identity crisis that sees them identifying more with things and people outside ala Igbo.

You people should move to change this because the obsession of Igbos with everything Yoruba is really scary and disconcerting for Yorubas.

It is the reason most of us rise up to tackle Igbos here. If Igbos were not obtrusive in manner, towards everything Yoruba-related, then most Yorubas would not care about them.

Dude pls do us a favour and stfu. Everything about u is tinubu dis tinubu dat. The man does not even know ur sorry ass

7 Likes

Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by Fulcrum15: 8:06pm On Feb 20, 2021
jerseyboy:
Igbo socio-cultural confusion, cultural inferiority complex, mental weakness/disorder and patriotic divergence.—Chijioke Ngobili

Peter Okoye (Psquare)'s recent “evangelizing” tweet about uniting Nigerians and eschewing ethnic divisions is a good reflection of the confused and divergent mental-psychological states of many Ìgbò youths born from the late 1970s to early 2000s. I have never seen a generation of Ìgbò so fake, so confused, so distracted and so missionless like that generation, of which I equally belong to.
That generation is where you find the greatest number of young parents raising their Ìgbò children to be anything but Ìgbò yet they go about identifying as Ìgbò.

That generation is where you find young mums competing with each other over whose children speak better English as well as ensuring that their own mother tongue—Ìgbò language—is never spoken by the children to avoid 'spoiling' their English accent.
That generation is where you find the greatest number of IPOB and ESN critics and haters who still want the Fulani herdsmen in their villages to get out from the bushes in Ìgbòland 'automatically'.

That generation is where you find the greatest number of Ìgbò people speaking and writing Hausa and Yoruba languages so fluently but tell you they “understand” Ìgbò but cannot speak and write it fluently.

That generation is where you find the greatest number of Ìgbò people whose entire names are anything but Ìgbò and still do not care about the future implications as long as the American-media has reconfigured their mind to care less.

That generation is where you find the greatest number of fake Ìgbò people very much eager to show love and affection publicly on social media screens but are often lilylivered to make real and true sacrifices when the loyalty to love is tested.

That generation is where you find young people making jokes with their one and only natural constituency—their village—appropriating it (and the kindred living in it) to misfortunes and undesirable things. “Na im village people dey worry am”, they say and laugh away, oblivious of the monumental damage they're doing to their minds, themselves and those of their children.

I really do not want to add anything to what many sensible Ìgbò people have already said in their fitful responses to Peter Okoye and his “unity” message. I only wanted to use him as a reflector of the larger stupidity dealing with his generation. It is a reflection of socio-cultural confusion, cultural inferiority complex, mental weakness/disorder and patriotic divergence. If not, he and those Ìgbò rationalizing for him would have known what their ancestors meant when they made these proverbs:
“a zọta anị, a zọba ute”
—Chijioke Ngobili
You are very correct. A lot of efulefus!!

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 20, 2021
nedu666:

Dude pls do us a favour and stfu. Everything about u is tinubu dis tinubu dat. The man does not even know ur sorry ass

Where was Tinubu mentioned in the post you responded to? Confused hack.

You Igbos never honestly introspect about why you do the offensive things you do over and over again. That is your major problem along with insulting those who try to show you that.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by Biafrannuke: 8:36pm On Feb 20, 2021
Oshigun:

You guys are such unevolved simpleton. So I can't fall out with my brother and still back national unity? Are the two intertwined? Mumu people.
yes. except you are a lunatic too.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by Rugaria: 8:37pm On Feb 20, 2021
Oshigun:

We know those who fought, killed and died to live with Igbos in the same country... We also know those who are still fighting and agitating to separate from you... You make yourself a legitimate target, when you prime your politics to be more concentrated on what you deny others and not what you get... When you insist that the only way you can stand tall is when you stand on others.. When you make a murderer the president over me, I'm at liberty to react the best way I feel it's okay...
So if you're really worried about Igbo "obsession" with Lagos, maybe you should try stopping your support for obnoxiously evil government that treat certain people with levity in their own land.. it's that simple you know...?

2 Likes

Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by Omuaro38: 8:48pm On Feb 20, 2021
Oshigun:

Utter Nonsense, Ogbeni don't get ahead of yourself. Don't let the microcosms of social media banter between Igbos and yorubas fool you, majority of the Igbos who always attack Tinubu or your Lagos just do so because they know those two targets (Tinubu and Lagos) are the easiest ways to get under the skin of Yorubas and rile them up when they attack Igbos or mock the dead memory of Biafrans who perished in the Civil War (which is the typical descent of filth and classlessness of Yorubas e-warriors when they want to insult Igbos). So it's a two way thing, yorubas insult Igbos and Igbos oblige the battle by giving it back even hotter. The reality on ground though is different... lots of Igbos in the East don't give a fu*k about Tinubu or yorubas for that matter as they are focused on hustling and making their money, I doubt the average man in Aba, Owerri or Onitsha even cares or knows what Tinubu looks like to be honest. The only Igbos who seem immersed into the sociopolitical dynamics of your region are the ones born or raised in the South west particularly Lagos, and even those ones are very tiny minority... the vast majority of Igbos resident in your region are more focused on their business and commercial strongholds in most parts of Lagos and other areas in the SW than your political issues.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by Hellraiser77: 8:59pm On Feb 20, 2021
Resurrection212:
Olatunde i will slap you, Wear your yoruba ewedu identity with pride grin

4 Likes

Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by Resurrection212: 9:05pm On Feb 20, 2021
Please someone should help me warn this dude to stop tormenting up and down.Nairaland is big to accommodate all of us.
Hellraiser77:
Olatunde i will slap you, Wear your yoruba ewedu identity with pride grin

2 Likes

Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by Hellraiser77: 9:07pm On Feb 20, 2021
Resurrection212:
Please someone should help me warn this dude to stop tormenting up and down.Nairaland is big to accommodate all of us.
Olaniyi the ewedu green teeth boy, why do you enjoy denying yoruba so much? grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by adekolaelect(m): 9:09pm On Feb 20, 2021
Rugaria:

Oga it even reach a stage where you concentrate on Lagos and Tinubu than your state .ask your brother why they abandoned their state and start claiming how Lagos is no mans land. Igbo's are the most confused Tribe in Nigeria. Many Igbo's know Tinubu and envying him bcs you have nowhere to leave than Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by Resurrection212: 9:12pm On Feb 20, 2021
I'm very proud of my igbo heritage.
Hellraiser77:
Olaniyi the ewedu green teeth boy, why do you enjoy denying yoruba so much? grin grin
Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 20, 2021
adekolaelect:
Oga it even reach a stage where you concentrate on Lagos and Tinubu than your state .ask your brother why they abandoned their state and start claiming how Lagos is no mans land. Igbo's are the most confused Tribe in Nigeria. Many Igbo's know Tinubu and envying him bcs you have nowhere to leave than Lagos.
When everyone money was being channeled to Lagos, you didn't talk o.
Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by Rugaria: 9:14pm On Feb 20, 2021
adekolaelect:
Lagos is not even a Yoruba state. I don't know why you Yorubas get heart attacks whenever it's mentioned! Such feeling of insecurities must be very frustrating! I mean the original indigenous owners of Lagos don't worry at all. The Eguns and Aworis are fine with their Lagos, but it's you from a dusty Oshogbo that keeps shouting Lagos this and Lagos that... You need to go sit your sorry ass down in a corner..

5 Likes

Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by Hellraiser77: 9:14pm On Feb 20, 2021
Resurrection212:
I'm very proud of my igbo heritage.
grin grin grin Oladale i know you hate being yoruba but you cant turn and become igbo just like that, You have green ewedu blood

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by mbaise1000: 9:28pm On Feb 20, 2021
THAT BOY IS A PROFESSIONAL PATRIOT SIMPLE.
I have spoken.

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by Easternblood: 9:33pm On Feb 20, 2021
jerseyboy:

“a zọta anị, a zọba ute”
—Chijioke Ngobili
100000% Truth.... Conservative Igbos like us needs to do something about this

2 Likes

Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by Easternblood: 9:34pm On Feb 20, 2021
Resurrection212:
You are born inbred slowpoke just like your dad
Re: Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex by adekolaelect(m): 9:51pm On Feb 20, 2021
Rugaria:

Lagos is not even a Yoruba state. I don't know why you Yorubas get heart attacks whenever it's mentioned! Such feeling of insecurities must be very frustrating! I mean the original indigenous owners of Lagos don't worry at all. The Eguns and Aworis are fine with their Lagos, but it's you from a dusty Oshogbo that keeps shouting Lagos this and Lagos that... You need to go sit your sorry ass down in a corner..
I agree with you bcs you are among the confuse Igbos that p- squar is reversing to.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra : Simon Ekpa Threaten To Activate Guerilla Warfare From 15th March If-pic / HRH Dandeson Douglas Jeki V On The History Of Opobo / Reno Omokri: Peter Obi Should Be Sued For Libel And Slander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.