Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,499 members, 7,904,905 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 09:19 PM

Labour Party Logo Was Excluded From Ballot Paper! What Happens Thereafter? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Party Logo Was Excluded From Ballot Paper! What Happens Thereafter? (1089 Views)

Buhari 100 Days: Nothing To Celebrate – Labour Party, Afenifere / VP Osinbajo Was Never Excluded From National Security Meetings - Premium Times / Which Party Logo Is More Symbolic Of The 21st Century? - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Labour Party Logo Was Excluded From Ballot Paper! What Happens Thereafter? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 09, 2011
I voted in my ward in (SURULERE LAGOS) RELUCTANTLY when i observed that labour party logo was missing from the lagos central senatorial seat. Can this election hold?
Re: Labour Party Logo Was Excluded From Ballot Paper! What Happens Thereafter? by yinka1774: 4:35pm On Apr 09, 2011
Hey Timehin, pls clarify, is Labour Party not on the voting paper at all or just the logo?
Re: Labour Party Logo Was Excluded From Ballot Paper! What Happens Thereafter? by adino(m): 4:38pm On Apr 09, 2011
That election will never hold, it will be anulled in court, just get ready for the re-run. If i were you I would not have voted, no Labour Party no election In lagos central
Re: Labour Party Logo Was Excluded From Ballot Paper! What Happens Thereafter? by Kobojunkie: 4:42pm On Apr 09, 2011
@Poster, Log your complaint here

http://184.106.82.81/reports?page=30

Also Call INEC immediately to log a verbal complaint as well. If this is election is to be free and fair, it is ordinary people like you that will make it so by your actions.

[size=13pt]It urged complainants to send such text messages to 0816 666 2222 or Call 0707-027-3671 to 9.[/size]
Re: Labour Party Logo Was Excluded From Ballot Paper! What Happens Thereafter? by journerman(m): 4:57pm On Apr 09, 2011
u talking bout the logo, I could not even see d name at all, I actually wanted to vote labour. I assumed they did nt feed any candidate but if they do, then,
Re: Labour Party Logo Was Excluded From Ballot Paper! What Happens Thereafter? by Kobojunkie: 5:01pm On Apr 09, 2011
journerman:

u talking bout the logo, I could not even see d name at all, I actually wanted to vote labour. I assumed they did nt feed any candidate but if they do, then,

Rather than assume, why not report the incidence and then let INEC inform you of the FACTS instead? Please send SMS to INEC on this and also go to site listed above to report or vote for the report that states the problem. Keeping mum is not going to help at all.

Also Please send us your observations during Saturday's NASS elections in your area.
SMS to: 08134742454, 07061078412 Email: 2011elections@vanguardngr.com
BB messages to PINs: 25684D5F, 25688269
Re: Labour Party Logo Was Excluded From Ballot Paper! What Happens Thereafter? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 10, 2011
@Yinka1774, i mean both logo and name missing. It was a shock after receiving the ballot paper from inec official i walked to the cubicle and placed my thumb on the ink pad then attempted to thumbprint. It was at that point i realised labour party logo & name missing. I'l forward my complaints to inec as advised because it will be fraudulent should labour be denied participation and i believe the appropriate thing to do is that lagos central senatorial election should be cancelled.
Re: Labour Party Logo Was Excluded From Ballot Paper! What Happens Thereafter? by Beaf: 1:35pm On Apr 10, 2011
That election will be cancelled, no two ways.
Re: Labour Party Logo Was Excluded From Ballot Paper! What Happens Thereafter? by Lagosboy: 1:39pm On Apr 10, 2011
Is Tinubu making some mischief here undecided

Aje ke lano omo ku leni , tani o mo pe aje ano lo pa om eni

Durosinmi Etti has been giving Remi Tinubu the fight of her life and the labour logo was missing from the ballot paper, shior.

The election will be cancelled and in fact LAbour will get more sympathy votes in this election.
Re: Labour Party Logo Was Excluded From Ballot Paper! What Happens Thereafter? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 10, 2011
Durosinmi etti the LABOUR PARTY candidate for lagos central senatorial candidate has lodged series of complaints when this same omission was observed on the postponed 2nd april NASS election, yet inec went ahead with the election without correcting the missing name & logo.
Re: Labour Party Logo Was Excluded From Ballot Paper! What Happens Thereafter? by Ade0001(m): 2:06pm On Apr 10, 2011
Nothing will happen to the election. Durosimi-Etti seems to be the problem himself.

1. The form he completed and submitted to INEC bears no acknowledgement stamp as required.
Negligence on the part of both the Independent National Electoral Commission and the Labour Party may enhance the chances of the former Lagos State first lady and Action Congress of Nigeria candidate for Lagos Central, Mrs. Oluremi Tinubu in the senatorial election, which held Saturday.

Facts available to THISDAY showed that LP, which has Mr. Dapo Durosimi-Etti as its candidate for Lagos Central, was unable to secure INEC’s acknowledgment after submitting his senate form, a situation generally considered an act of negligence.
( http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/senatorial-poll-how-inec-labour-party-s-negligence-may-favour-tinubu/89374/ )

2. His name was never included in the list displayed by INEC all this while, and both himself and his party kept quiet all along.

http://www.inecnigeria.org/candidates-for-senatorial-election-2011-3/
Re: Labour Party Logo Was Excluded From Ballot Paper! What Happens Thereafter? by Adanora: 2:26pm On Apr 10, 2011
Datz atomatic re- run

(1) (Reply)

Youth Corper Ukeoma Aik Is Missing In Bauchi State! / Obasanjo To Ibb: " A Fool At 70 " / Usa Places Top Nigerian Politicians On Terrorist Sponsors List!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.