Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,117 members, 7,933,730 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 11:54 AM

Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu (14283 Views)

Nigerian Female Senator Chris Anyanwu Slapped PDP Chairman Madu During Congress / Bola And Oluremi Tinubu At Their Traditional Wedding / Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by Justcash(m): 3:32pm On Apr 11, 2011
@Poster;
LMAO! Na who dash Monkey (O. Tinubu) Banana?  lipsrsealed
First Female Senator For where?
Is she legal? Was She not imposed on other ACN Contestants? Is it Legal to do that?

The Right title is, "First "Illegal" female dictator. Her election will be cancelled. I will ensure that.
The difference between PDP and ACN is that PDP rigs openly. ACN rigs digitally? How did LP's name disappear? You think it is INEC's fault? Why LP and not other parties?
While her other female contestants contested and won in primaries, she relied on her baboonic dictating husband to be imposed.
Nonsense.
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 11, 2011
While Justcash is rolling on my lawn, I'll go check out how Dora rigged this election. She so dumb, if say na 10000 ppl dey live in one location, why would you give yourself 11000 votes for that location?

Up Oluremi Tinubu, imposed or not, people voted for you in thousands. The greener pasture is yours to take now cool
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by johnie: 3:47pm On Apr 11, 2011
HER foray into politics took many by surprise. It was not an era when female politicians were reckoned with. Then in the Second Republic when she contested and won senatorial seat in the male-dominated senate, a female needed more than just guts. Then she had guts. But she also had a quiet resolve that got her focused on the goal she was set to achieve.

Tall, youthful, elegant and still smarting from a relationship with Senator Joseph Tarka that went sour, Franca Afegbua set off to her home state, the old Bendel State to seek to represent her people in the senate. Although, Bendel State was controlled by the Unity Party of Nigeria, UPN, under the control of the late Professor Ambrose Folorunsho Alli, Afegbua, a member of the opposition National Party of Nigeria, NPN, decided to stoop to conquer and that took her far. Employing her strategies as a woman, Afegbua worked up the feminine sentiment that endeared her to many and made the women to fall in love with the svelte figure that wore hats and visited their homes by night to solicit their support.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200304120154.html
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by johnie: 3:50pm On Apr 11, 2011
Women and 2003: How They Fared

Since independence there has been a clamour for Nigerian women to join the fray for elective offices. Senator Franca Afegbua made history as the first female senator during the Second Republic. Since then a host of other female politicians have made their mark. The first phase of the Fourth Republic had three female senators, a female deputy governor and the first female speaker of a state House of Assembly. With the elections into the various levels of government almost concluded, Utibe Uko chronicles female politicians who won as well as those who were unsuccessful in their bids in both the governorship and National Assembly elections

Gbemi Saraki-Fowora

Gbemi Rukkyat Saraki-Fowora daughter of strongman of Kwara politics, Dr. Olusola Saraki is moving from the House of Representatives to the Senate. Fowora was in 1999 elected into the House of Representatives on the platform of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP). She decamped from the ANPP shortly after her father also switched allegiance from the ANPP to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). Largely quiet in the House she was not known to have made any landmark contribution and analysts aver she is not likely to improve on her performance in the senate. The only reason she got the mandate in the first place is that she is a Saraki in the state where her father calls the political shots. Given that she is only one of three female senators, however, there will be a lot of attention on her and this, many posit, could ginger her to do better than her former outing.

Daisy Danjuma

Danjuma who is the wife of the present Minister of Defence, retired General Theophilus Danjuma is a new face in the senate. She is in the senate on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and she is representing Edo South senatorial zone. Though a newcomer to the political terrain without any antecedent, her position as the spouse of the incumbent Defence Minister puts her in a good position to wield some influence. Her electoral success can be traced to the pedigree of her spouse as well as a close relationship with Chief Tony Anenih who is widely regarded as the political godfather of the Edo/Delta political axis. As a lawyer, it is expected that she will be an active participant and a voice essentially for women and children in the Senate.

Iyabo Anisulowo

Anisulowo is a former Minister of State for Education between 1995 to 1998 under the late General Sanni Abacha administration. She defeated Chief Kola Bajomo of the Alliance for Democracy in the quest for the Ogun West senatorial district seat by 85,673 to 69,716. Though new to the National Assembly she is not new to politics and government administration. Her experience in both areas would stand her in good stead during her tenure at the Senate where she will be in good company with Daisy Danjuma and Gbemi Saraki-Fowora.

Khairat Gwadabe

Khahirat Gwadabe was one of the out-going senate's active participants. One of the three female senators in the outgoing senate, Gwadabe who represents the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) was defeated at the PDP senatorial primaries which was won by retired Colonel Isa Maina. She has since decamped from the PDP to the ANPP.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/archive/2003/05/11/20030511ins01.html
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by juman(m): 3:50pm On Apr 11, 2011
Congrat to Asiwaju Tinubu and his ACN people.
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by Justcash(m): 3:50pm On Apr 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

While Justcash is rolling on my lawn, I'll go check out how Dora rigged this election. She so dumb, if say na 10000 ppl dey live in one location, why would you give yourself 11000 votes for that location?

Up Oluremi Tinubu, imposed or not, people voted for you in thousands. The greener pasture is yours to take now cool

You are exposing your slave mentality, and very biased personality. You accused and criticized APGA for trying to impose a candidate on Anambra people, but Tinubu did same over other aspiring contestants in ACN, you saw nothing wrong with it.
I'm sure you'll willingly allow ACN thugs to bang you because they serve the same god with you; Tinubu.
Get well soon.
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 11, 2011
Justcash:

You are exposing your slave mentality, and very biased personality. You accused and criticized APGA for trying to impose a candidate on Anambra people, but Tinubu did same over other aspiring contestants in ACN, you saw nothing wrong with it.
I'm sure you'll willingly allow ACN thugs to bang you because they serve the same god with you; Tinubu.
Get well soon.

When did I accuse APGA of imposition. I believe APGA has more serious issues, like electoral rigging, to bother with imposition.

Even those the LP ballot logo was omitted from the ticket, atleast Oluremi did not plan it. INEC has taken full blame for that. So even if this so called issue is taken to court, Oluremi will still be the most chosen, gbe be! Pro- LP were fruious because their logo was not on the ticket, so either they voted for someone of the other party or Oluremi, point is, they didnt ALL vote for her.

BTW, shouldnt you be making sure that "the title is changed to 'illegal' "? Empty garawa, you no dey learn.
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by Justcash(m): 4:13pm On Apr 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

When did I accuse APGA of imposition. I believe APGA has more serious issues, like electoral rigging, to bother with imposition.

Even those the LP ballot logo was omitted from the ticket, atleast Oluremi did not plan it. INEC has taken full blame for that. So even if this so called issue is taken to court, Oluremi will still be the most chosen, gbe be! Pro- LP  were fruious because their logo was not on the ticket, so either they voted for someone of the other party or Oluremi, point is, they didnt ALL vote for her.

BTW, shouldnt you be making sure that "the title is changed to 'illegal' "? Empty garawa, you no dey learn.

She is illegal. Which other type of rigging is bigger than Tinubu using coercion to make contestants step down for his wife, daughter and in-law? That is the type of thing that the likes of Abacha does.  I will take good care of her. Meanwhile, your ACN is hearing it hot in Anambra. It would have been way easier for your party if you guys had kept quiet. Watch Ngige finally hit the ground just because he is running under ACN. That is if Dora doesn't decide to step down for some moral reasons.
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by sbeezy8: 4:14pm On Apr 11, 2011
whats the big deal she won
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 11, 2011
Justcash:

she is illegal. Which other type of rigging is bigger than Tinubu using coercion to make contestants step down for his wife, daughter and in-law? That is the type of thing that the likes of Abacha does.  I will take good care of her. Meanwhile, your ACN is hearing it hot in Anambra. It would have been way easier for your party if you guys had kept quiet. Watch Ngige finally hit the ground just because he is running under ACN. that is if Dora doesn't decide to step down for some moral reasons.

Yawn. . . .boring. This is not a case of step down. The LP candidate informed INEC of his decision to run a week before the election, but it was INEC's fault that the LP logo was not on the ticket.

How is she illegal again? Did she pressure INEC to ommit LP's logo? As far as I know it, she's innocent in all this and she won.  . . . cool
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 11, 2011

[size=18pt]Why INEC omitted LP, CPC logos on ballot papers – REC [/size]

Party in Lagos Central Senatorial district, Dr. Dapo Durosimi-Etti, to become a senator appeared dashed on Saturday as the Independent National Electoral Commission said he was not a candidate in the National Assembly polls.

Also, security was tightened at the Lagos State headquarters of INEC as men of the Anti-Bomb Squad, Anti-Terrorism Squad and Mobile units of the Nigerian Police as well as the Federal Fire Service were on ground to forestall violence.

This, according to the state Residential Electoral Commissioner, Dr. Adekunle Ogunmola, was to prevent the recurrence of a bomb blast that rocked Suleja, Niger State on Friday.

Visitors at the INEC headquarters in Lagos, with journalists, security agents, top government officials and members of the public, were frisked by the men of the anti-bomb squad before they were allowed into the street leading to the office.

Some supporters of the LP and the Congress for Progressive Change protested the non-inclusion of the logo of their parties in the ballot papers used for the election in the Lagos Central senatorial district.

But Ogunmola told newsmen that this was because the parties did not field any candidate for the National Assembly election.

He said, “Yes, it is true that the logo of the CPC and LP were not on ballot papers in some parts of the state and this is in line with a section of the Electoral Act.

“In Lagos Central senatorial district, LP did not have a candidate, so also is CPC.”

Ogunmola explained that Durosimi-Etti’s name was not on the list of the 25 candidates competing for the three senatorial slots in the state.

He explained, “The problem is not with Lagos INEC, we only deal with candidates that are sent to us from INEC headquarters in Abuja. The issue of candidates is between INEC and national headquarters of the political parties.

Durosinmi-Etti in a telephone interview with our correspondent on Saturday, said, “I cannot be happy about the whole thing. It is only in my constituency that the LP contested the senatorial seat in Lagos and, interestingly, the Lagos Central is where Remi Tinubu is also contesting.

“While I will not want to be quick in reading meanings to it that some politicians are behind the omission of my party name and logo, I want to say that I suspect that INEC is involved in foul play.

[size=14pt]“Interestingly, we notified the INEC about the omission of our party logo and name since last week Monday and served them a court writ. Yet, they disregarded the court.[/size]

“This is a violation on us. There was no fairness in the exercise and INEC has not explained why they omitted our name and logo.”

The LP candidate, however, vowed to go to court by Monday to get justice

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110410054120
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by vislabraye(m): 5:21pm On Apr 11, 2011
At least I no go dey receive non sense text message for my phone.
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by danteweb: 6:23pm On Apr 11, 2011
Young people and the Nigeria we see

Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 11, 2011
danteweb:

Young people and the Nigeria we see

"Young"? Check the medicine cabinet of your "young" ppl and you'll find black hair dye in quantity, except for Teju kiss
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by uceee(m): 6:59pm On Apr 11, 2011
Naija elections suppose don pass the level of Igbo, Hausa or yoruba. Una neva hear about "national Interest"?
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 7:04pm On Apr 11, 2011
@Poster, the picture you have is not that of Remi Tinubu, going by pictures of her available online.

http://newnigerianpolitics.com/2011/01/13/i-am-not-an-imposed-candidate-%E2%80%93-remi-tinubu/

You only need to google her name to find pictures of a much older woman out there. Please cut the crap with that DOCTORED up PICTURE of her looking like a 30 year old please. ROFLMAO!

http://www.google.com/search?q=Remi+Tinubu&hl=en&prmd=ivnsofd&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=_EGjTdCoJsjz0gH-paWXBQ&ved=0CDwQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=775

Also, may I ask where you get the information that she is a lawyer? From her own interview, the lady tells you she is still in law school!
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

@Poster, the picture you have is not that of Remi Tinubu, going by pictures of her available online.

http://newnigerianpolitics.com/2011/01/13/i-am-not-an-imposed-candidate-%E2%80%93-remi-tinubu/

You only need to google her name to find pictures of a much older woman out there

http://www.google.com/search?q=Remi+Tinubu&hl=en&prmd=ivnsofd&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=_EGjTdCoJsjz0gH-paWXBQ&ved=0CDwQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=775

Also, may I ask where you get the information that she is a lawyer? Has she ever been called to the bar?

KoboJunkie, those pixs I posted are Oluremi Tinubu's. I got them from her 50th birthday bash party thing.
However, like Spiked said, they must have been photoshopped. But the pixs you posted are even more beautiful/natural than the ones on the front page.

I never said she was a lawyer.
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 11, 2011

Still the same woman.
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 7:11pm On Apr 11, 2011
Abegi!!! The DOCTORED -RETOUCHED-PHOTOSHOPPED picture looks more of that of a 30 years old -- This woman does not look anything like that though.  Legal Female Senator? What court cases were you referring to? She is still in law school, and was a house-wife prior  grin
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 7:12pm On Apr 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Still the same woman.

You mean same like looking at a picture of my person and that of my father's and declaring it is still the same man?? ROFLMAO!!
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Abegi!!! The DOCTORED -RETOUCHED-PHOTOSHOPPED picture looks more of that of a 30 years old -- This woman does not look anything like that though.  Legal Female Senator? She is still in law school.  grin

She'll send you  thank you not for that 30-years old compliment grin

Our overly overly certified Politicians, what have they done to show they're different from those still in law school? I'm givng her a chance.
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You mean same like looking at a picture of my person and that of my father's and declaring it is still the same man?? ROFLMAO!!

No, it means you can just post your pix and your father's on NL and lemme be the final judge lol tongue
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by MeGaStReEt: 7:19pm On Apr 11, 2011
ACN, PDP in the making, I believe a few years from now, people will be shouting "vote them out" just like they are saying to PDP now
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by fstranger3(m): 7:19pm On Apr 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Eeeeeeeewo   Kobojunkie is a man!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewo!
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 11, 2011
fstranger3:

Eeeeeeeewo   Kobojunkie is a man!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewo!

This your affection for KoboJ sha cheesy

I thought Yoruba men knew how to sweet talk women. . . . wetin shele for your side o?
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by fstranger3(m): 7:27pm On Apr 11, 2011
^^^

I dont sweet talk men.

Cant you see that he is a man?

Anyway, nice thread so far. Dont mind him, the pictures are for Remi Tinubu. She has always been gorgeous, only second to Onari Duke in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by Sarahluv(f): 7:35pm On Apr 11, 2011
Congrats Remi. The topic is wrong and misleading. There have been many "legal female senators without court issues" in Nigeria. Remi Tinubu is one beautiful lady.
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by PhysicsHD: 7:42pm On Apr 11, 2011
Franca Afegbua was the first Nigerian female senator. From Bendel state.
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by Dunniah(f): 7:45pm On Apr 11, 2011
Congrats are in order Chief Mrs Tinubu!!!
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by tlops(m): 8:31pm On Apr 11, 2011
good one,
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by soloqy: 8:48pm On Apr 11, 2011
Dont know why you guys are celebrating this. With 2 billion naira per month, a man can do anything, even make a rival party's logo disappear.

And the person that said Remi Tinubu is the first Legal Female Senator in Nigeria, is probably one of those people living abroad who know next to nothing about Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's First Legal Female Senator Without Court Issues. . . Oluremi Tinubu by olaogunb(m): 8:52pm On Apr 11, 2011
she is not bright

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dilapidated Roads In Ijeshatedo Surulere Lagos / Elections Reorder Undermines INEC’s Independence – Jega / Lack Of Quorum Forces Senate To Adjourn Plenary. Only 10 Senators Present.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.