Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,813 members, 7,945,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 08:02 PM

Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) (19856 Views)

Benin Ore Road During OBJ Admin And GEJ Admin (pic) / Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! / The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Ibime(m): 12:46pm On Apr 14, 2011
See these cretins celebrating the mere resurfacing of 267km of road which was awarded by YarAdua.

The same cretins told us how Buhari skewed PTF projects in favour of the North and  "only rehabilitated 4,440 kilometres of roads in the South", telling us that 76% of the roads Buhari rehabilitated were in the North.

Unless they have a shaky grasp of Arithmetic, the difference should be clear like 7Up!

When one is accustomed to living with dogs like St Lazarus, they celebrate mere crumbs tossed under the table
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by lekyar(m): 1:00pm On Apr 14, 2011
Truth be told there has been a vast improvement on the road. Travelled it last march 5th to a wedding in Asaba and despite my pre - journey anxiety I saw we only had little problems at the ondo stretch and the work was evidently on-going on bad streches of the ondo section. Yes, the new leadership should take credit for the will to ensure that contractor keep to their agreement.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by sley4life(m): 2:03pm On Apr 14, 2011
GEJ deserves commendation. Ore was a death trap. Its been long i past thru der
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by funken: 2:15pm On Apr 14, 2011
sley4life:

GEJ deserves commendation. Ore was a death trap. Its been long i past thru der

@sley4life, i agree GEJ deserves credit, However, look at it this way, You work for a company and you put in 10-12hr days everyday and then at the end of the month you celebrate, jubilate and thank the MD profusely for paying your salary, Infact you send him a thank you card and tell everyone that cares to listen that he is the best MD in the world,

Pray tell, is the salary he paid you a favour you did him and his company? Or is it your legitimate right as a worker that has put in 10-12hr days?

Its when we start to see good roads and infrastructure as our rights as citizens of this country, that is when we will start moving forward as a nation,
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by ideylaff: 3:09pm On Apr 14, 2011
if this is true, then i may vote for Jonathan. I once witnessed a sight too gory to describe on that road

Is this what we have bn reduced to?, Danm, Did I hear right,  , we are going to vote A PRESIDENT IN BECAUSE A ROAD WAS CONSTRUCTED,

Oh LORD, please come and cleanse my Nation of the Poverty Of Mind that has beclouded us within ourselves.

So I can be President too then, if I fix one major road,   grin

nA wah oooooo

Borehole we clap and dance

Water we call AIT

Road constructed we call CNN and give national Award for it

Election, the rulling party lose 1 or 4 major seats deservedly,  We call if free and fair grin

WHAT IS WRONG WITH US,  Meeeeeen

When one is accustomed to living with dogs like St Lazarus, they celebrate mere crumbs tossed under the table

Thank you ooo my brother, @ Ibime, that is so factual and right on POINT

Its when we start to see good roads and infrastructure as our rights as citizens of this country, that is when we will start moving forward as a nation

Thank you 2 ojareeeee @ funken my sista. Bleep
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Pataki: 3:14pm On Apr 14, 2011
ideylaff:

So I can be President to then, if I fix one major road,   grin

nA wah oooooo

Nooooo, you are being far too kind my brother.

Just [size=14pt]PATCH[/size] one major road and you would be fine! You got my vote - SEMPE! grin Some Nigerians foolish die.

@ Topic:

Page 5 and still no picture from the OP, who is fast becoming a rampant liar on this forum.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by ideylaff: 3:19pm On Apr 14, 2011
Borehole we clap and dance

Water we call AIT

Road constructed we call CNN and give national Award for it

Election, the opposition lose 1 or 4 major seats deservedly,  We call if free and fair

4 hrs of light , we Go and You tube and praise as if its not meant to be,

I've never seen Ghana and other well rounded African Country celebrate mediocrity like we do in Nigeria

What is the meaning of Governor of the year, , Senator of the year when people cannot find food to eat, water to drink, light to see
money to spend,

I cannot remember Obama, Cameron, Attah of Ghana bn involved directly in the construction of a Road, or building of an edifice like awa so called
leaders do in Nigeria. No wonder nothing gets done,

Why is d Government so big if the President has to see to a mere bla bla km of road to be constructed and he has Special Assistants/Special adviser and advisor + adviseee on Road affairs, Minister for ds and dat,  sad sad sad

Its a damn shame ,, 

WHAT IS WRONG WITH US,  Meeeeeen,
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by lionness(f): 3:38pm On Apr 14, 2011
@Ibime:

The likes of PapaBrowne and Beaf are the reasons why GEJ wont be getting my vote because everything is done for the sake of propaganda and not true and positive progress. GEJ isnt the Messiah, he spent half a year debating with himself whether to run or not. The guy cant even make up his own mind, the same cabal who exploited UMY sickness realized that GEJ is far more pathetic, senile and corrupt that UMY, and thats why they are on his bandwagon.

Please, see another PDP Rigging at place here. I am sure GEJ wont take this credit for this, as the guy is already taking credit for JEGA's success

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl5JSE1YrCs
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by funken: 3:42pm On Apr 14, 2011
@ideylaff thank you jare my broda,

Its only in Nigeria that i see that we celebrate mediocrity and it sickens me, Instead of reading newspapers and magazines all we see now are full page sponsored ads of govs, senators, hons, and local government chairmen and their "GIANT STRIDES", They sink a borehole and the put it on the pages of newspapers, they build a health centre - not even a standard hospital and they put it on the pages of newspapers,

I guess fixing this road is one of the GIANT STRIDES of GEJ, no offense to him, But when will we wake up from this slumber and realise that these things are our rights? When will we snap out of these poverty mentality and know that we deserve much more than we have gotten this past number of years?
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 14, 2011
lionness:

@Ibime:

The likes of PapaBrowne and Beaf are the reasons why GEJ wont be getting my vote because everything is done for the sake of propaganda and not true and positive progress. GEJ isnt the Messiah, he spent half a year debating with himself whether to run or not. The guy cant even make up his own mind, the same cabal who exploited UMY sickness realized that GEJ is far more pathetic, senile and corrupt that UMY, and thats why they are on his bandwagon.

Please, see another PDP Rigging at place here. I am sure GEJ wont take this credit for this, as the guy is already taking credit for JEGA's success

damn thank you, that is a big election fraud,

PDP POWER to the people LOL
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 3:45pm On Apr 14, 2011
Ibime:

See these cretins celebrating the mere resurfacing of 267km of road which was awarded by YarAdua.

The same cretins told us how Buhari skewed PTF projects in favour of the North and  "only rehabilitated 4,440 kilometres of roads in the South", telling us that 76% of the roads Buhari rehabilitated were in the North.

Unless they have a shaky grasp of Arithmetic, the difference should be clear like 7Up!

My broda, you dey obodo oyibo, so you have no idea what Nigerians passed thru on that road. Anybody that had traveled that road in the last 5 years, and travels it today would thank whomever has made that road smooth again. Nobody cares whether its a resurfacing, reconstruction or a rehabilitation. People just want to get from point A to point B without having to undergo the life threatening scenarios that the road previously presented. If you read thru the thread you will realise that all those that travel the road are appreciative of the fact that it has been smoothened. Those like you that are negative have never travelled the road so you don't understand why people are appreciative!!
You are in London enjoying the centuries of labor of others, you never take out time to think how all that progress came about. Ibime,You are a smart man, do some more studies on development and you'd appreciate the change that is taking place in Nigeria under Jonathan.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 14, 2011

election fraud going on,
click this link and watch

Video evidence of fraud by election officials at the polls in South South Nigeria. (Rivers State). Where are all the international election monitors. This only shows that we Nigerians control our own destiny. INEC take note.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Pataki: 3:50pm On Apr 14, 2011
lionness:

@Ibime:

Thanks for that video!

Damn!!! See open faced rigging!!!

How I wish I can lynch that woman!!! YES - LYNCH HER!!!
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 4:02pm On Apr 14, 2011
funken:

@sley4life, i agree GEJ deserves credit, However, look at it this way, You work for a company and you put in 10-12hr days everyday and then at the end of the month you celebrate, jubilate and thank the MD profusely for paying your salary, Infact you send him a thank you card and tell everyone that cares to listen that he is the best MD in the world,

Pray tell, is the salary he paid you a favour you did him and his company? Or is it your legitimate right as a worker that has put in 10-12hr days?

Its when we start to see good roads and infrastructure as our rights as citizens of this country, that is when we will start moving forward as a nation,

@Funken, let us put your analogy in better perspective. Look at it this way, You work for a company and you put in 10-12hr days everyday and then at the end of the month your salary is delayed and when it s finally paid, you get only half of it. Your boss eats the rest. This goes on for 11 years and because there is no alternative, you just accept it as it is.
Then suddenly, your MD is sacked and a new one is brought it. The new MD pays your salary in full at the exact time it should be paid.

Question: Would you celebrate, jubilate and thank the MD for being different from the previous by paying your salary completely and at the right time??

Truth is Nigerians are celebrating the fixing of the road because since our new MD, Goodluck Jonathan came on board, he has been doing things that make our lives easier. This is the same reason Lagosians are celebrating Fashola. People should be celebrated when they do their jobs especially when those jobs were ignored by previous leaders.
When the country becomes more developed and when fixing roads stops being a big deal, we would be glad to celebrate leaders for more complex achievements like Fiscal responsibility, R & D, International diplomacy and Complex structural economic advancements and the like. For now, simple basics would do. And we will continue to celebrate the likes of Donald Duke, Tunde Fashola and Goodluck Jonathan.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by ideylaff: 4:05pm On Apr 14, 2011

Posted by: Donlittle

election fraud going on,

Video evidence of fraud by election officials at the polls in South South Nigeria. (Rivers State). Where are all the international election monitors. This only shows that we Nigerians control our own destiny. INEC take note.

My brothers and sisters lets shine awa eyes well well oooo, International Observers dey see balu balu, na d same colour dey vote, oyinbo man no no d difference betwen chinedu and chike oooo or between Kola and Lanre, or between Ahmed and Lamido,

Half of the time if the heat is so much for them to handle, they tell dem , Oga go and swim in your hotel, or someone dodgy engaged them in a conversation to distract them.

all they see is black men and black women voting,

About time these International Observers start recording things like this self, as nice as they seem to be wont be surprised if GEJ has organised a warm reception
for them to compromise their reports,  I mean why report negative about someone that has put you up in a nice hotel, fed you and all.

Not saying they are corrupt but there are situations in which they just look away and think, well its not wide spread so lest call it free and fair,  Hmmmm

ds time around PDP have taking it to higher levels oooo, we dey take awa Camera to record the election on ground, counting at the centres, and den when we go
to bed we wake up in the morning with announcement of PDP figures, That is what they are doing ooooo

International observers dont want to rock the 9ija boat ds time around and so they are saying its free and fair, as in 1 man 1 vote
but what they are not saying is dat 1 man votes, 1 is counted, but on report 20 is reported,

On Saturday NO SLEEP ooooo cos PDP will steal your mandate away overnight,

There is so much Evidence of Bukola Saraki and other PDP cohorts spending their live savings to get power.

I repeat any compromising electoral officer will face GOD up there, in fact they will go up their early and if they do not go up there early
they will use the proceeds of the dodgy results they are announcing to look after sickness. Yes they will

cos me I no know wetin we wan do again ooo, if INEC HQ are reporting figures over night and doing balu balu (the more u look the less u see for us oo)

I DON TIRE, 4 PDP,  (all the seats they lost was just shakara/fascade to give election credence /impression that its free and fair)

LORD HELP US, LORD WE NEED YOU>, INDEED>

INEC HQ WORKERS IF YOU DO US OJORO YOU WILL 4EVER BE SAD AND JUDGED OOOOOOOOO.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 14, 2011
ideylaff:

my brothers and sistresr lets shine awa eyes well well oooo, International Observers dey see balu balu, na d same colour dey vote, oyinbo man no no d difference betwen chinedu and chike oooo or between Kola and Lanre, or between Ahmed and Lamido,

Half of the time if the heat is so much for them to handle, they tell dem , Oga go and swim in your hotel, or someone dodgy engaged them in a conversation to distract them.

all they see is black men and black women voting,

About time these International Observers start recording things like this self, as nice as they seem to be wont be surprised if GEJ has organised a warm reception
for them to compromise their reports, I mean why report negative about someone that has put you up in a nice hotel, fed you and all.

Not saying they are corrupt but there are situations in which they just look away and think, well its not wide spread so lest call it free and fair, Hmmmm

ds time around PDP have taking it to higher levels oooo, we dey take awa Camera to record the election on ground, counting at the centres, and den when we go
to bed we wake up in the morning with announcement of PDP figures, That is what they are doing ooooo

International observers dont want to rock the 9ija boat ds time around and so they are saying its free and fair, as in 1 man 1 vote
but what they are not saying is dat 1 man votes, 1 is counted, but on report 20 is reported,

On Saturday NO SLEEP ooooo cos PDP will steal your mandate away overnight,

There is so much Evidence of Bukola Saraki and other PDP cohorts spending their live savings to get power.

I repeat any compromising electoral officer will face GOD up there, in fact they will go up their early and if they do not go up there early
they will use the proceeds of the dodgy results they are announcing to look after sickness. Yes they will

cos me I no know wetin we wan do again ooo, if INEC HQ are reporting figures over night and doing balu balu (the more u look the less u see for us oo)

I DON TIRE, 4 PDP,  (all the seats they lost was just shakara/fascade to give election credence /impression that its free and fair)

LORD HELP US, LORD WE NEED YOU>, INDEED>

INEC HQ WORKERS IF YOU DO US OJORO YOU WILL 4EVER BE SAD AND JUDGED OOOOOOOOO.

Am posting this on every wall out there, ribadu, so many walls,even jonah,
cuz am very sure it will convince most ppl
pdp power lol
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 4:12pm On Apr 14, 2011
^^^^^^

It's so sad that you guys are not happy that the elections were free and fair. Everybody commended the election. The international observers commended it.

I understand your annoyance. The fact that the credible elections increased Jonathan's ratings and put paid to your principal's chances is making you hate free and fair elections. You have nothing to complain about any longer, so you are getting depressed. What a way to live!!
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 14, 2011
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by koltraders: 4:16pm On Apr 14, 2011
Posted by: Donlittle

election fraud going on,

Whoever made this video was brave and courageous. I do not belong to any party but this shouldn't happen. I will try and push it to my mailing lists,

I implore everyone to do the same,
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by ideylaff: 4:17pm On Apr 14, 2011
even with a video eveidence, your still blabbing
lmfao u funny well well ooo

what more eveidence did you need, that there was rigging that day

Leave them now, they must have a price, Cheap people,

if GEJ was so good why did he have to employ rigging in his own area, sad
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 14, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-643162.0.html

just another breath of fresh air

and people blather about gej solving the fuel crisis
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by funken: 4:26pm On Apr 14, 2011
@PapaBrowne my point is i deserve the fruit of my labour, And i guess the MD will have a board of directors, Now if it is the same board of directors working with the new MD, come on, its still the same old story, He is still running with the same old crowd that the former MD ran with, What is the probability that his board wont kick him out and install a new MD there?

@PapaBrowne my point is i will not stoop so low as to celebrate mediocrity. If Fashola, GEJ and the likes are fixing/recontructing/upgrading/resurfacing/filling roads, GREAT!!! That was what they were elected to do,

Or was there something else they were put there by the pple to do?? grin
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Pataki: 4:27pm On Apr 14, 2011
And yet another fresh breath of air!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-646084.0.html

I hope PapaBrowne has an explanation for that link.

Yeye dey smell, no be small thing.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by honeric01(m): 4:40pm On Apr 14, 2011
@PapaBrowne

WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR THE PICTURES OR IS THERE TRAFFIC ON THE ROAD TO WHERE THE PICTURES ARE?
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by CGKing(m): 4:43pm On Apr 14, 2011
Benin - Ore Road today. . . is in a state of calamity. So, if driving thru the road is in a state of macabadance, culpability lies in the hands of Government. It must be sadonic, it must be lugubrious. . . .,

It finally paid off Senator. The grammar wasnt a waste after all.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Ibime(m): 4:53pm On Apr 14, 2011
@ Papabrowne,

Don't patronsise me. Just help me calculate how this 267km of road GEJ has surfaced compares to the 4,440km of road Buhari surfaced in the South alone under PTF.

Some told us he surfaced 15000km of road in the North and only 4440km in the South, yet want us to vote GEJ for surfacing 267km just in time for elections.

Bros, I have only travelled that road 4 times in my life, usually on my way from PH to Lagos to catch a flight from Murtala, and in the 90s around PTF time, it used to take me 6.5 hours from PH to Lagos. Now you're telling us that people spend days on that road in PDP years. Well I wonder how many hours it would take me from PH to Lagos even with GEJ's pre-election resurfacing gimmicks.

Please forget long story and help me divide 267 by 4440, cos my Maths teacher is telling me that Buhari is far more productive
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by komekn(m): 5:10pm On Apr 14, 2011
Prior to the work being done they were in a criminally deplorable state, after years of awarding and re-awarding of the same contracts to the PDP faithful. There should be an investigation to determine the massive collusion in terms of inflated costs and wilful abandonment of contractual obligations. Then we can say GEJ has done something.

Having passable functioning roads is not an achievement but the most basic of governmental obligatory responsibility.  Government has so failed us that our expectation of government is so,so low, that we now commend the condemnable.

Do you think anybody would hail, commend Cameron for resurfacing and doing the basic maintenance required for the M25, M1 or M6, absolutely not. You think say somebody go deh hail Obama say chei you don try, because, he repair I95, only Naija.  

My advice we need to desperately raise our expectations.

As for rigging only a blind will say there was no rigging, what we may be commending in some areas, is its reduction not its complete eradication.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by funken: 5:18pm On Apr 14, 2011
komekn:

Prior to the work being done they were in a criminally deplorable state, after years of awarding and re-awarding of the same contracts to the PDP faithful. There should be an investigation to determine the massive collusion in terms of inflated costs and wilful abandonment of contractual obligations. Then we can say GEJ has done something.

Having passable functioning roads is not an achievement but the most basic of governmental obligatory responsibility. Government has so failed us that our expectation of government is so,so low, that we now commend the condemnable.

Do you think anybody would hail, commend Cameron for resurfacing and doing the basic maintenance required for the M25, M1 or M6, absolutely not. You think say somebody go deh hail Obama say chei you don try, because, he repair I95, only Naija.

My advice we need to desperately raise our expectations.

pls preach this to PapaBrowne and co, jubilating and shouting hallelujah because bitumen was poured on Benin Ore road angry angry angry angry
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 14, 2011
CPC Senatorial candidate for Nasarawa West Senatorial District, Rtd. General Ahmed Abdullahi Abokie was last night arrested by the Police.

Commenting on the development, CPC National Secretary, Buba Galadima stated that General Abdullahi had been arrested by two pick-up van loads of mobile police officers dispatched on the orders of the Inspector General.

He claimed that General Abdullahi had won the election for the Senatorial seat but been cheated by the ruling PDP, who had sent the police officers to arrest the CPC candidate in hopes of destroying evidence he had gathered on the rigging by the PDP.

Gen Abokie joined the Army in 1968. He later studied at the British Royal Army Signals School of Basic Communications (1970-1971). US Army School of Artillery, Oklahoma, USA, Command and Staff College, Jaji (1978), US Marines Staff College, Qnautico, USA (1980-1981) and Imperial Defence College, London (1991-1992).

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/cpc-senatorial-candidate-arrested
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by muta78: 5:35pm On Apr 14, 2011
To all gej supporters, Is this democracy?
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 14, 2011
muta_78:

lol them no fit answer you oooo, them no fit
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by ideylaff: 6:17pm On Apr 14, 2011

ahhh sometimes sef GOD no dey quick do Justice ooo but if ds bad people no chop in the yawa they are causing because
they want to hold on to power by force, their kids will chop the punishment in Jesus Name AMEN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Anambra Governorship Election: IPOB Insists On Election Boycott / Abdulsalami Abubakar Pictured With Davematics Ombugadu Nasarawa PDP Candidate / Youths Arrest 31 Suspected Boko-Haram Members In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.