Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,051 members, 7,946,591 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 09:53 PM

Ribadu Stands Down - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Stands Down (21980 Views)

BREAKING: Court Stands Down To Await Dasuki’s Arrival / Drama In Court As Nnamdi Kanu Refuses To Take His Plea, Judge Stands Down (PHOTO / Fec Stands Down Motion To Declare Yar'adua Unfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Kobojunkie: 5:24am On Apr 13, 2011
roflmao!!
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by EPOMA(m): 5:24am On Apr 13, 2011
if GEJ wasn't actually giving us free and fair elections, will Buhari's supporters even have hope? No matter how false it may be?

This is why we as a country can never grow, as far as I concern this election started well until Hijacking by PDP started. Kwara state, Benue State, Akwa Ibom state etc,. I Don t join that crap of free and fair. With modern tech and the money spent, every polling boot should have  been given a gps device that will sends the result in front of all parties reps involved to INEC HQ. Most returning officer and REC corrupt.Please why are all the result not out by nowif they were counted at the polling stations or the maths too much.

Free and Fair  , day dreaming
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Genius100: 5:25am On Apr 13, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I hope that in the next 45 secs, you'll realize that if you cannot hold an intelligent discussion, you have the main right to STFU.

Who is this illiterate mo-ron? The word "intelligent" should not be coming out of your mouth given your pedigree on this forum.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Nobody: 5:28am On Apr 13, 2011
Genius100:

Who is this illiterate mo-ron? The word "intelligent" should not be coming out of your mouth given your pedigree on this forum.

It's not that hard to say "Thank you". Just try it once in a while.

Funny, your ID is such an irony, btw.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Genius100: 5:32am On Apr 13, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

It's not that hard to say "Thank you". Just try it once in a while.

Funny, your ID is such an irony, btw.

Please go back to your cave. You sure do have the brain capacity of a neanderthal,
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Kobojunkie: 5:46am On Apr 13, 2011
@Ileke-idi oooo . . . I see you were looking for some intelligent discourse there . . . ROFLMAO!!
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Nobody: 5:49am On Apr 13, 2011
LOL it was the ironic ID. . . my mistake for expecting an intelligent reply from him.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by soloqy: 5:52am On Apr 13, 2011
Alj Uche:

Sorry i want to ask a question and i hope you do not mind

Are you a Swestern/yoruba ?

if so, why would you think jonathan is going to win in the SW. What is the economic and political advantage that would give SWers

@Alj Uche

I am Igbo. Have lived for the past 17 years in Lagos. I can tell you that the way they think is quite different from the way people from other parts of the country think.
If you ask the question what political advantage jonathan winning would give the SW, its also pertinent to ask the same question of Buhari.

Like I posted earlier, the Ribadu/ACN advert where they were dissing Buhari is still running now. I was watching a political program and the advert came up like three times before the end.

In the advert, they were asking people to beware of Buhari who scuttled the Metro line project of lagos state during Jakande's time which, in their claim, is why Lagos is bedeviled by traffic problems. That should tell you a lot about their underlying feelings towards Buhari.

Lagos state, which is largely the face of the SW, generates its own money and there hasnt been issue or misunderstandings with Jonathan on anything. In fact, Fashola and Jonathan have been able to come to agreement in major issues and projects since Jonathan came that hitherto , were contentious areas. Like the issue of who should be responsible for some major road constructions. There has been compromises here and there. I dont see how a continuation of Jonathan would suddenly decrease their economic or political progress. In truth, this election further tells them that they can trust Jonathan not to impose himself on them.
For Buhari, there is still a lot of skepticism. Forget about what we read on internet forums. Most of them dont even go out to vote and the rest are most often than not, resident abroad and depend on what the foreign media gives them.

I go out and I ask questions. It may surprise you to note that major corporations and their staff(From communicating with staff of telcos and banks etc) are favoring a Jonathan presidency. That says a lot.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by soloqy: 6:00am On Apr 13, 2011
EPOMA:

This is why we as a country can never grow, as far as I concern this election started well until Hijacking by PDP started. Kwara state, Benue State, Akwa Ibom state etc,. I Don t join that crap of free and fair. With modern tech and the money spent, every polling boot should have  been given a gps device that will sends the result in front of all parties reps involved to INEC HQ. Most returning officer and REC corrupt.Please why are all the result not out by nowif they were counted at the polling stations or the maths too much.

Free and Fair  , day dreaming

If PDP rigged in all those areas you mentioned, why is it that they lost in places like Ogun, Oyo, Ondo and the entire south west where they had the power? Why couldnt they take Ondo from Labor Party? The thing is that where a party wins, they will say it was free and fair but where they lose, they scream rigging
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by EPOMA(m): 6:08am On Apr 13, 2011
If PDP rigged in all those areas you mentioned, why is it that they lost in places like Ogun, Oyo, Ondo and the entire south west where they had the power? Why couldnt they take Ondo from Labor Party? The thing is that where a party wins, they will say it was free and fair but where they lose, they scream rigging

We all know that Yorubas have political ethics they follow, they dont need to rig but what I was sying is that Nigeria election is not free and fair in any manner.
Why should voting entails people carry guns like a war zone intimidating voters. With the money spent they can get people to vote in a civilized manner
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by ziccoit: 6:10am On Apr 13, 2011
soloqy:

If PDP rigged in all those areas you mentioned, why is it that they  lost in places like Ogun, Oyo, Ondo and the entire south west where they had the power? Why couldnt they take Ondo from Labor Party? The thing is that where a party wins, they will say it was free and fair but where they lose, they scream rigging

Hold your breath, elections tribunal will throw more light on this. Many elected honourable members will be dishonoured. Mark my word.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by EPOMA(m): 6:12am On Apr 13, 2011
Hold your breath, elections tribunal will throw more light on this. Many elected honourable members will be dishonoured. Mark my word

Lets hope so
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by muami(m): 6:20am On Apr 13, 2011
ACN Angry as CPC Scuttles Alliance Talks

By Chuks Okocha

13 Apr 2011

Three days to the presidential election, the leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, and President Goodluck Jonathan, who is flying the flag of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), are expected to meet for a rapprochement.

This is as the proposed alliance talks between ACN and the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) for Saturday’s election finally hit the rock Tuesday night.

The planned meeting with Tinubu, which was at the instance of Jonathan, THISDAY learnt, is for fence-mending following the criticism that trailed Jonathan’s use of the word “rascals” believed to be aimed at ACN leaders during his presidential campaign rally in Ibadan, Oyo State.

South-west, now largely controlled by ACN, is one of the highest voting zones in Nigeria.

However, the possibility of an alliance between CPC and ACN ahead of the all-important election is fading.

Both parties failed to resume negotiation Tuesday night despite a meeting called to that effect, forcing an angry reaction from ACN.

Under the proposed arrangement, THISDAY learnt, ACN candidate, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, had agreed to step down for the CPC flag bearer, Major General Muhammadu Buhari[rtd], if the alliance talks had succeeded.

ACN would then ask all its supporters to vote for CPC on Saturday.

Even though Ribadu had accepted to make the “sacrifice”, fuelling rumours Tuesday night that he had finally withdrawn from the race, the talks have now come to a close.

ACN now believes the time is too short to educate voters on the arrangement as all campaigns must, by law, stop Thursday.

The original agreement was for the party that won more seats in the National Assembly to produce the presidential candidate, while the party that came second would produce the leadership of the parliament if the alliance succeeds in winning the presidential election.

ACN has so far won 13 Senate seats, compared to CPC’s six, in addition to 52 House of Representatives seats, compared to the latter’s 35.

However, it is believed that Buhari is still popular in the North-west despite the poor performance of his party.

ACN, according to sources, was ready to concede the presidential ticket in the hope that Buhari could still deliver the North-west while the South-west is expected to go ACN’s way.

The talks, which had been in fits and starts, finally crumbled Tuesday even though Buhari was said to have invited ACN back to the table “of his own volition”.

Surprisingly, though, the CPC team did not turn up for the meeting, forcing angry reaction from the ACN hierarchy which termed Buhari as “unserious”.

On Monday night in Abuja, at the first meeting between Buhari and former military president, General Ibrahim Babangida; former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar; former Inspector General of Police (IG), Alhaji M.D. Yusufu; former National Security Adviser (NSA), General Aliyu Gusau; and former Minister of Finance, Mallam Adamu Ciroma, they reportedly agreed on a working relationship.

According to an insider at the meeting, the harmonisation of the grey areas between the Northern leaders was to usher in another meeting between Buhari and the leaders of the ACN led by Tinubu, who has turned the beautiful bride.

According to the source before the collapse Tuesday night, “we are expecting a special press conference on Wednesday where the leaders of the CPC and ACN will unfold the new working agreement”, which he said might include the stepping down of Ribadu for Buhari.

Asked why he did not attend the meeting of the G15 with CPC and ACN, one of the Northern leaders, Alhaji Tanko Yakassai, said an invitation was not extended to him, former Minister of Defence, Alhaji Shettima Mustapha, and Mogaji Dambatta.

But THISDAY gathered that the organisers of the meeting did not invite them because of allegations that they might have “sold out” following their membership of the Federal Government Peace Committee to douse tension in the heat of campaigns in the North.

The National Organising Secretary of PDP, Prince Uche Secondus, told THISDAY that the party was aware of the plot against President Jonathan by opposition parties and said: “Surely they will gather, but surely they will scatter.”
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by soloqy: 6:23am On Apr 13, 2011
ziccoit:

Hold your breath, elections tribunal will throw more light on this. Many elected honourable members will be dishonoured. Mark my word.

So what you are saying in essence is that the rigging was across board? You are not singling out PDP, right?
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by ektbear: 6:40am On Apr 13, 2011
@muami: CPC and Buhari are not serious politicians, if what you posted is accurate.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by efisher(m): 6:48am On Apr 13, 2011
I laff in Sokoto!
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by muami(m): 6:50am On Apr 13, 2011
ekt_bear:

@muami: CPC and Buhari are not serious politicians, if what you posted is accurate.

I think it is accurate because I got it from THISDAY. I just saw now that even SR that reporterd the alliance is now saying that it has broken down.see the link below.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/ribadu-remains-presidential-race-alliance-talks-between-acn-and-cpc-have-broken-down
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by salix9ice(m): 7:01am On Apr 13, 2011
THE TIME HAS COME AND SO HAVE I, I WILL LAUGH LAST COS P.D.P IT TIME TO DIE RIP[color=#000099][/color] grin grin grin shocked shocked tongue tongue
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by soloqy: 7:06am On Apr 13, 2011
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by agabaI23(m): 7:15am On Apr 13, 2011
Dear all,

I am writing to inform you all that a dangerous rumour has enveloped the nation suggesting that our own Nuhu Ribadu, NR, has stepped down for the CPC presidential candidate, Muhammed Buhari. This is a wicked lie and a terrible diversion with high propaganda value.

Northern advocates for consensus have urged NR to step down for Buhari but the party, ACN, actively led by the governors and the man they now call the lion of Bourdilion [Bola Tinubu], have resisted this, saying only over their dead bodies will this notion be allowed to prevail. As one of them put it at the meeting, the myth of Buhari's electoral value has been punctured at the last National Assembly elections and it will amount to rewarding a failure if Buhari is called to lead a campaign against the PDP in the Presidential elections this Saturday.

Buhari's CPC failed to assume a national outlook and remained a northern based party unable to win a seat outside its northern regional base on last weeks elections. Only the ACN and the ruling PDP were able to win seats in the six geo-political regions of the country.

As you read this, the meeting just ended in Abuja.

Call To Action: We need to all get online and debunk this lousy rumour NOW PLEASE

Dapo Olorunyomi

Ribadu/Adeola Campaign Organization, Abuja
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by ideylaff: 7:39am On Apr 13, 2011
No mind dem jare! That was how Buhari was going to sweep everything, only to end up with 3% of NASS. LOL!

@ beaf don't fool yourself PDP know in their heart of hearts deep down that they manipulated most of this results from INEC HQ.

Kwara/Akwa ibom/Sokoto/Kaduna and a few states are already saying they did not vote for PDP. Let them carry on but all I know is this time around the evil doers will pay b4 the even get to enjoy what they have stolen

You watch GOD move through the people soon.

Every bought returning officer will use that money to bury themselves.

You can't fool us with all these overnight PDP votes surge when in the morning they were losing and well behind embarassed

Dodgy PDP sacrificed a few seats Iyabo, Bankole and co that they will normally have rigged to make their election look so credible. People were rejoicing over this while PDP was scheme'n with returning officers

Hmmmmm

Enuff is Enuff.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by jmaine: 7:49am On Apr 13, 2011
All Noise with no voters card to exercise your civil voting right makes Jack a very Useless and shameless boy . . . Do You all have a voters card  lipsrsealed
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by niyimat(m): 7:59am On Apr 13, 2011
I am laughing so very hard and loud following this trend. Information is very powerful the heart and minds of men is so very deep and it can travel millions of miles within a seconds! You can imagine all those subtraction, multiplication and permutations following the news, the fact is the NASS election is an eye opener to any previous arrangement for a merger and consensus. shine your eyes
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by efisher(m): 8:00am On Apr 13, 2011
Hen hen hen hen hen! grin

I laff in Sokoto!
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Dave6: 8:04am On Apr 13, 2011
I laff in Bodijah!

2 days to go. I dey celebrate already o!!!!!!!!

Pop Sumfin!
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Ogetogeo(m): 8:14am On Apr 13, 2011
saharareporters.com/news-page/ribadu-remains-presidential-race-alliance-talks-between-acn-and-cpc-have-broken-down
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by niyimat(m): 8:18am On Apr 13, 2011
I dey laugh so very hard and loud gan. Information is so very powerful and the heart and minds of men is so deep that it can travel several thousands of miles in a seconds. Imagine those addition,subtraction and permutations following the new, the fact is the NASS election is an eye opener to any previously proposed merger or consensus. Relax and shine your eyes.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Lagosboy: 8:24am On Apr 13, 2011
Oh Gosh it seems this thing never worked out, all parties should have been flexible . I guess we go back to the status quo and i am begining to have the funny feeling GEJ might win this election. These PDP morons have a large support base in the SW sad

All hope is not lost though , the struggle continues.

One thing is certain though Ribadu cannot win this election, so i dont understand the aim of ACN in this presidnetial election. SW is captured fine but what of the center which affects the whole country is the main problem. States cannot give us electricity, Major roads, major infrastuctures e.t.c
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by namfav(m): 8:26am On Apr 13, 2011
undecided
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by watergate(m): 8:28am On Apr 13, 2011
So the alliance is finally broken down,

Sadly though and hard as it may seem, GEJ and PDP has been handed the first refusal on the presidential election victory. embarassed cry undecided
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by rasputinn(m): 8:31am On Apr 13, 2011
Tinubu/ACN/Ribadu are not as beautiful a bride as everybody is assuming,Lagos has 6 million voters,more than 80% of these will vote for GEJ on Saturday,irrespective of what Tinubu says or doesn't say

We've walked this road before,where GEJ tried to carry everyone along,those that felt they stood a better chance ganging up against GEJ along ethno-religious lines tasted the bitter pill of defeat,come Saturday April 16,the story will be the same,whoever doesn't get on the divine winning train of GEJ WILL TASTE THE BITTER PILL OF DEFEAT

[size=24pt]VOTE GEJ FOR PRESIDENT[/size]
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by teskyg: 8:35am On Apr 13, 2011
We know their antics all this while that he will step down for his brother Buhari .He wasted his time going round the Nigeria to campaign even when he knew deep what the plan was.I pity Adeola for rubbing his name in the mud with those jokers

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Customs Advertise Sale Of 2 Aircraft, 1 Helicopter / Serah John Awa Kidnapped By Boko Haram In Borno. Photos / Soldiers Invade Touma In Rivers State, Raze 15 Houses (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.