Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,274 members, 7,967,676 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 04:24 AM

Ribadu Stands Down - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Stands Down (22033 Views)

BREAKING: Court Stands Down To Await Dasuki’s Arrival / Drama In Court As Nnamdi Kanu Refuses To Take His Plea, Judge Stands Down (PHOTO / Fec Stands Down Motion To Declare Yar'adua Unfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Stands Down by ogaemma: 1:47pm On Apr 13, 2011
Ribadu is gradually telling Nigerians the kind of person he is,I forgot he is a police officer who can sell his birth rite for N50. With my political calculations,even if Ribadu steps down or step up,he and the old retired General Buhari cannot stop Goodluck.Attempting to stop goodluck is like attempting to stop a tsunami,and we all know how impossible that is.Never you trust a police man.They can make so much noise and step down at the eleventh hour.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Kobojunkie: 1:49pm On Apr 13, 2011
I somehow don't get the sense that Ribadu is even involved in this decision making. I suspect this is more Tinubu and his henchmen trying to, as usual, cut a deal that will benefit them personally, more than it would the nation.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by marychi18: 1:51pm On Apr 13, 2011
agabaI23:

AN APPEAL TO NIGERIANS

GOODLUCK JONATHAN lost support from (king-makers) Ciroma, IBB, Atiku and their fellow corrupt men because he refused to sign an agreement on who becomes Nigeria's President in 2015. GEJ said: "What I'm not comfortable with is the rationale behind 15 of us sitting here and deciding who becomes president in 2015. I will want Nigerians to choose their president in 2015".

Even when we were not there GEJ is still fighting for a free and fair process. He disappointed OBJ and BANKOLE because of his transparency and goodwill towards Nigeria.

Now, Buhari has been begging the same Ciroma, IBB, Atiku, Tinubu and Mohammed Abacha for help to win. He even promised to make Ribadu president in 2015 if he steps down for him. They are already forcing Fake Bakare to sign his resignation letter. Less than 10 men appointing 2015 president; is this not corruption in the highest order?

Nigerians, come out enmass and call your neighbors on Saturday so that we can kill this evil cabal forever. Vote GOODLUCK JONATHAN

@Agaba123,  May God bless you and ur generations forever!

GEJ all d way. The rest can come back in 4 years.  

( takes a cane and chases them off, )  oya out!
grin
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Micuilles: 1:58pm On Apr 13, 2011
I'm not supprised at this. I always knew these nothernans have an agenda. With Today's papers quoting leaks on Atiku being a sponsor of militancy in Nigeria with proofs, I'm really confused now. Anyway, I'll still vote for GEJ.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Layioye: 2:00pm On Apr 13, 2011
The alliance will surely not work.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Natasha2(f): 2:08pm On Apr 13, 2011
[s]na wa oh after I don go tell every body say him don step down now all those people wen i don tell go spread the news which khain wahala be dis na[/s] *hisses and walks away*
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by haboosa(m): 2:30pm On Apr 13, 2011
ACN/CPC alliance irretrievably collapsed ds morning. Those of us that believe in BB will go and deliver our votes to BB. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by marychi18: 2:52pm On Apr 13, 2011
haboosa:

ACN/CPC alliance irretrievably collapsed ds morning. Those of us that believe in BB will go and deliver our votes to BB. shocked shocked shocked shocked
dats not our biz. mschewwwwwww!
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by EPOMA(m): 3:00pm On Apr 13, 2011
How true is dis? If it is true then Jonathan is makin a history 4 himself & pdp, because he is goin 2 win by 80% of total vote

Any candidate that wins this election by the percentage must have rigged
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 13, 2011
I can understand the despration of the BB and Ribadu fans, but under this tension, the chances of Mr President winning without stress has increased.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Vavavoom(m): 3:34pm On Apr 13, 2011
The problem with our politics, it is too convenient for even those who disagree along their absent idelogies.

I have ever wondered why our opposing politicians think the change we seek can't be achieved unless in power.

<<shudders>>
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by geometry(m): 3:43pm On Apr 13, 2011
@WADOYE,
HEART ATTACK,? SURELY FOR GOODLUCK. grin wink tongue
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by jamesugo: 4:17pm On Apr 13, 2011
He already new presidency remains for JEG.
If he surrenders fine, if he doesn't, that is his own cup of tea.
However, he is not capable.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by totorimi: 4:41pm On Apr 13, 2011
, and what shall we say if Buhari goes in and fails to put IBB,Atiku, OBJ in jail instead decides to hole up our dear own GEJ for giving him the tough time. What shall we say if Buhari goes in and the South is marginalised what is the guarantee that my people will be protected in this arrangement when as it is now there is no place for the SE, SS in his political equation.
For the safety of Naija, GEJ is the answer. Buhari will break Naija up he is a fanatic
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by marychi18: 4:49pm On Apr 13, 2011
totorimi:

, and what shall we say if Buhari goes in and fails to put IBB,Atiku, OBJ in jail instead decides to hole up our dear own GEJ for giving him the tough time. What shall we say if Buhari goes in and the South is marginalised what is the guarantee that my people will be protected in this arrangement when as it is now there is no place for the SE, SS in his political equation.
For the safety of Naija, GEJ is the answer. Buhari will break Naija up he is a fanatic

True talk baby!
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by efisher(m): 4:52pm On Apr 13, 2011
Three armies went to war. Two of the armies decided to destroy the third and share the spoils. Unfortunately, they turned on themselves. When the third army arrived the war front, the battle was over and all that was left was a bunch of worn out soldiers ready to surrender. The third army however, decided not to slay them. They were welcome with open arms. CPC and ACN did the fighting, PDP got the victory.

It reminds me of what happened at the debate! GEJ is a special gift to Nigerians. We should appreciate him.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by marychi18: 4:56pm On Apr 13, 2011
efisher:

Three armies went to a war. Two of the armies decided to destroy the third and share the spoils. Unfortunately, they turned on themselves. When the third army arrived the war front, the battle was over and all that was left was a bunch of worn out soldiers ready to surrender. The third army however decided not to slay them. They were welcome with open hands. CPC and ACN did the fighting, PDP got the victory.

It reminds me of what happened at the debate! GEJ is a special gift to Nigerians. We should appreciate him.
@ efisher,
Thumbs up. Quite creative.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by marychi18: 5:01pm On Apr 13, 2011
efisher:

Three armies went to a war. Two of the armies decided to destroy the third and share the spoils. Unfortunately, they turned on themselves. When the third army arrived the war front, the battle was over and all that was left was a bunch of worn out soldiers ready to surrender. The third army however decided not to slay them. They were welcome with open hands. CPC and ACN did the fighting, PDP got the victory.

@ efisher,
Thumbs up. Quite creative.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by efisher(m): 5:09pm On Apr 13, 2011
^ Thanks. cool

Re: Ribadu Stands Down by tlops(m): 6:22pm On Apr 13, 2011
step aside,
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Diligence: 6:22pm On Apr 13, 2011
Expect millions of invalid votes - Joe all the way!
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Kobojunkie: 6:37pm On Apr 13, 2011
totorimi:

Wait a minute here . . . the current person in office . . . in fact the last 3 have failed to do just that. Matter of fact, they have at most every opportunity subverted attempts to jail the 3 men you listed for the crimes they have been linked to both locally, and internationally, but you are unwilling to try another because you are afraid that one might fight?

You are unwilling to change from the status quo simply because you are afraid . . . most all these fairs not based on realities or facts of any kind? I mean the fact that Nigerian felt safest(both locally and internationally) during the Buhari Administration, or even during Ribadu's time as EFCC stint need not be considered at all because your delusion leads you to believe that this man, who by the way has shown NO FANATIC tendencies both when he worked or in his past, is the problem?
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by PapaBrowne(m): 6:45pm On Apr 13, 2011
efisher:

Three armies went to war. Two of the armies decided to destroy the third and share the spoils. Unfortunately, they turned on themselves. When the third army arrived the war front, the battle was over and all that was left was a bunch of worn out soldiers ready to surrender. The third army however, decided not to slay them. They were welcome with open arms. CPC and ACN did the fighting, PDP got the victory.

Dude Mehn, you are genius!! I tap from you wisdom!!
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Desanta(m): 7:21pm On Apr 13, 2011
vote goodluck jonathan for president
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 13, 2011
See humility - This man only cares about saving our beloved country

God bless Nigeria

God Bless Buhari and Bakare

[flash=850,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acd4f_miAvA?version=3[/flash]
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 13, 2011
The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) candidate, Nuhu Ribadu has bowed out of the Presidential race in favour of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (Rtd).

Sources have told Daily Times that the deal which has just been struck between the ACN and the CPC would see Mr. Nuhu Ribadu stepping down for General Muhammadu Buhari in Saturday's Presidential Election.

The two parties gained a sizeable representation in the National Assembly after last Saturday's election which reduced the dominance of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP). However officials of both parties feel that an alliance of both parties would be very welcome.

BUT Y WOULD HE?

Re: Ribadu Stands Down by soloqy: 8:00pm On Apr 13, 2011
GenBuhari:

See humility - This man only cares about saving our beloved country

God bless Nigeria

God Bless Buhari and Bakare

[flash=850,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acd4f_miAvA?version=3[/flash]

Sorry man, its a lost cause .
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by omanzo02: 8:08pm On Apr 13, 2011
soloqy:

Sorry man, its a lost cause .

Dude,

GenBuhari can't break his contract midway else Buhari will send him to Kirikiri to cool off, I think his campaign contract expires on Saturday.

Until then let enjoy his weak strategies.  grin grin grin
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 13, 2011
^ You don't get it whole nation is in the Kiri kiri of poverty & backwardness, Buhari has the key to free us!!
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by efisher(m): 8:29pm On Apr 13, 2011
^ The Whole Nation? Sorry that was back in the 80's. Millions of Nigerians have since moved on. Today, GEJ is taking us a step further to join the great economies of the world.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 13, 2011

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari / Poor Performance Of APC Giving PDP Hope Of Return In 2019 – Lar / Defamation: Odili Sues Peterside, Claims N6bn Damages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.