Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,397 members, 7,881,441 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:42 PM

Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke (33807 Views)

Wike: I Sponsored And Removed Secondus As PDP National Chairman / FG May Reduce Minimum Tax Rate Next Year / Ahmed Babawo's Shoe Shining Kits For Empowerment Of Borno Youths (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by nairalee(m): 6:37pm On Mar 10, 2021
Nonsense spiced with ingredient

1 Like

Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 10, 2021
Can you imagine such rubbish. Firstly I was born in Africa that was not okay oh, dem come born me for Nigeria. Is this what we are struggling through 4 years for.
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by EdoAirline: 6:38pm On Mar 10, 2021
maishai01:
We may blast him all we want, but truth is he has point.

I certainly don't support the reduction of wages, but I think states should be at liberty to pay as thier financial capacity permits.

Putting a so-called minimum wage whish more than half states can not met doesn't make sense.

Maishai has spoken!

Recently a Governor gave 10 million naira to the son of one of their late colleague to sponsor hthe son's education...This is a family that already has enough.....

Yet this state is lagging behind when it comes to development and infrastructure.....

Later this same state will claim they can't pay 30k for minimum wage...

My last Nepa bill was 18k....If I'm earning 30k as minimum wage....will 12k be enough to feed me and my family for a month

1 Like

Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Oluwademilade: 6:38pm On Mar 10, 2021
God punish your generation. Government is broke but they can afford to pay you N34million per month
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by thatigboman: 6:39pm On Mar 10, 2021
And someone was here comparing Nigeria with US that are increasing their minimum wage to $15 per hour, which is over N1,200,000 per month
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Jeffyblaq(m): 6:39pm On Mar 10, 2021
Total cleansing is needed in dis damn country.

I mean every word I say.

What does the future holds with all these dehumanisation to the poor?

Heart bleeds...
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by gurunlocker: 6:39pm On Mar 10, 2021
But you did not sponsor bill to reduce you and your colleagues salaries and allocation?
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by 9jaRealist: 6:40pm On Mar 10, 2021
Warripikine:

https://www.icirnigeria.org/why-i-sponsored-bill-to-change-national-minimum-wage-reps-member-datti-babawo/

This is so DUMB...
All states can a N30K minimum wage if they cut the Governor’s entourage, aides, free Government House food, Abuja governor’s lodge, etc.

Furthermore, these illiterate legislators should quit equating a minimum wage with a uniform wage...
Each state is free to negotiate with NLC regarding wages, so long as it is NOT below the minimum wage (that has been set as a FLOOR).
>

3 Likes

Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Burgerlomo: 6:40pm On Mar 10, 2021
Nah wa ooo, the 30k salary that's not even enough in the first place is now the one they want to reduce.

Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Lordpeckxy(m): 6:42pm On Mar 10, 2021
30k/monthly, you no fit pay!!

Wahala 4 who dey work 4 government Oo.

even okada riders dey see 1500 - 5000 everyday.
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by 9jaRealist: 6:42pm On Mar 10, 2021
thatigboman:
And someone was here comparing Nigeria with US that are increasing their minimum wage to $15 per hour, which is over N1,200,000 per month

Let’s not be distracted with polemic BS...
If you pay the taxes they do in the US, then you can start to compare yourself to the richest-ever nation in human history.
>

1 Like

Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Lanre0: 6:43pm On Mar 10, 2021
I am looking forward to a day when the whole satanic national assembly will be erased from Nigeria system.

1 Like

Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by sirtuler(m): 6:46pm On Mar 10, 2021
When we all refuse to stand up against their omogus salary and benefits definitely they will still want to take out of the little we are getting.
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by matm: 6:46pm On Mar 10, 2021
The states paying d minimum wage added 3k,some 4k for each worker,and that's d new minimum wage.And dts what they want to adjust.
Its high time workers let s world know how much d minimum wage is per state for ds paying.
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by tellwisdom: 6:47pm On Mar 10, 2021
Tomorrow, some idiots will still line up under the sun and rain trying to cast a vote for these bastardss. The day you all will get up and fight is the day they will start taking you serious. But for, some people go chop sand soon.
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by nedekid: 6:48pm On Mar 10, 2021
Monogamy:
Why not propose the bill for reducing Reps and senators salary.

30k is hard for you people to pay to the workers yet you guys can approve millions for yourself.

Thunder scatter una
Abi oh. I knew then someone that was just a special advicer in one of the poorest states in the SW. See, the way this guy was spending cash, marrying wives, camping chicks in different abroad countries, you just cannot but weep for that state. I can imagine that other political appointees would have being doing same. Yet they cannot pay just 30k (weekend beer money) as minimum wages to Nigerians.
So sad.
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Cti28(m): 6:49pm On Mar 10, 2021
This men are so insensitive, wicked and heartless. Instead of reducing their exorbitant salary, they want reduced minimum wage.

Minimum wage that cannot sustain a single person for a month.

Just the cloth, shoes writst watchc and cap the fool is wearing, will turn the fortutne of at least two households that earn the minimum wage.
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by eastgates1: 7:04pm On Mar 10, 2021
Same should be dnne to law makers
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Miracle1991: 7:05pm On Mar 10, 2021
This is the right reason for his constituents to recall him but because of poverty and illiteracy its not possible. Instead of the idiot to sponsor a bill for the reduction of their jumbo pay, he is trying to collect from the people that don't have anything.
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by perezeghi: 7:13pm On Mar 10, 2021
Warripikine:

https://www.icirnigeria.org/why-i-sponsored-bill-to-change-national-minimum-wage-reps-member-datti-babawo/

Look at this one, and people are blaming PMB
He needs to be recalled back to his village by those who voted or rigged him into office.
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by PotatoSalad(m): 7:18pm On Mar 10, 2021
maishai01:
We may blast him all we want, but truth is he has point.

I certainly don't support the reduction of wages, but I think states should be at liberty to pay as thier financial capacity permits.

Putting a so-called minimum wage whish more than half states can not met doesn't make sense.

Maishai has spoken!
Go and pick your brain from where you left it.
They should start by slashing their jumbo pay.
I wish someone can send two ICBMs to that nass building when everyone is present.
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Ejaisky: 7:23pm On Mar 10, 2021
You are maaad!
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Blackdisciple(m): 7:23pm On Mar 10, 2021
Useless man , useless legislators useless President. But he couldn't say they should reduce their jumbo pay.
modafuckers

1 Like

Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Bukasuka: 7:23pm On Mar 10, 2021
[So 30k is too much while you guys are taking 35m as take home every month ,there's God oo.
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by McLizbae: 7:27pm On Mar 10, 2021
He is not connected with the people he speaks for. So sad!
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by abraham01emma01: 7:28pm On Mar 10, 2021
selfish politician .

NIGERIA POLITICIANS ONLY THE RICH

MAN WILL BE GETTING RICHER AND

POOR GETTING POORER.

MAY GOD DELIVERED US.

�������������
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Lafrresh: 7:36pm On Mar 10, 2021
Coming from idiots that earn millions per month ....
If the government can pay your extremely high salaries then why is it hard to pay minimum wages...
It's better to sacrifice your high salaries for the general public because I don't see any reason why some people should be earning millions for just sitting down and doing almost nothing and the hard-working people are getting some thousands undecided

1 Like

Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Lafrresh: 7:37pm On Mar 10, 2021
It's better to sacrifice your high salaries for the general public because I don't see any reason why some people should be earning millions for just sitting down and doing almost nothing and the hard-working people are getting some thousands undecided
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Lafrresh: 7:41pm On Mar 10, 2021
30k per month is 360k a year
It can barely pay rent.
The person would still eat oo and spend on a lot of important things...
30k is not enough in the first place and you guys still want to reduce it

1 Like

Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Brushstrokes20: 7:44pm On Mar 10, 2021
Useless bunch of self serving Lunatics!

Only a bloody revolt can salvage the doomed shithole.

1 Like

Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Lafrresh: 7:45pm On Mar 10, 2021
How did we get here sef undecided
A senator earns X 1000 the minimum wage cry and we expect the country to move out of debts
Personally I don't see any reason why these useless senators should be earning more than 50 times the minimum wage...
It's totally unfair
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 10, 2021
Sponsor a bill to rewrite the constitution, 90% of our problems would be solved.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku's 33,000 Minimum Wage Not for All Staff, Only Gotel Staff Will Get It / Amotekun Kills 3 Youths In Oyo Over Carnival / Barrister Ejiofor Takes #FreeNnamdiKanu Campaign To Odumeje's Church (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.