Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,603 members, 7,878,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:53 AM

Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke (33801 Views)

Wike: I Sponsored And Removed Secondus As PDP National Chairman / FG May Reduce Minimum Tax Rate Next Year / Ahmed Babawo's Shoe Shining Kits For Empowerment Of Borno Youths (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by yetunsbay(m): 7:52pm On Mar 10, 2021
Thunder fire you and ur generation
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by onoms4luv(m): 7:53pm On Mar 10, 2021
well let's analyze it.

level 1 is 30k per month right?

level 4 is also 30k x 4 per month right?

level 16 is 30k x 16 per month.

now calculate how much those civil servants get as salary for doing nothing.

They will go to their offices sitting down from morning till 4 telling how government refused to do this and that.

in short a bill should be pass to reduce their service year and also a system should be developed to eradicate those with multiple government jobs.

I support the bill.
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by salford1: 7:53pm On Mar 10, 2021
Never knew we have the republican party in Nigeria too cheesy
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Ghostmode2two(m): 7:54pm On Mar 10, 2021
This man has serious brain ache
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by salford1: 7:55pm On Mar 10, 2021
johnmartus:
No wonder their region happen to be capital of poverty in the world. Those southern reps have no shame ...They always support silly bills like this.
Lol.
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Teezie(f): 8:02pm On Mar 10, 2021
ko ni da fun e. werey
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by nemynely(m): 8:03pm On Mar 10, 2021
@Datti-Babawo, it wouldn't be well with you and all those supporting and sponsoring you.
You all will not end well.
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by lancdoz: 8:04pm On Mar 10, 2021
what is even the real value of 30k, what can 30k buy in economy infected with high inflation.
can't they come up with a legislation to reshape this country
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by shadeyinka(m): 8:09pm On Mar 10, 2021
Warripikine:

https://www.icirnigeria.org/why-i-sponsored-bill-to-change-national-minimum-wage-reps-member-datti-babawo/
Shameless people. They think that N30k is good enough for the citizens of this country. Minimum wage must also apply to senators salaries.
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by purpleicious(f): 8:10pm On Mar 10, 2021
I think what should rather be reduced is your salary.

1 Like

Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Oshokalo: 8:15pm On Mar 10, 2021
babalawo abi na wetin ur name be ur newspaper allowance alone na govt workers annual salary,the thunder wey go fire u still never don
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by themanderon: 8:20pm On Mar 10, 2021
I am sure if your salaries and allowances can be cut to a quarter of what it presently is then there will be more than enough to pay. You thieves get paid for doing next to nothing. Wicked oppressors.
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by gbagyiza: 8:25pm On Mar 10, 2021
Sometimes journalist r bias. I expected them to ask that useless rep member if he will allow his jumbo package n that of his colleagues to be slash in other to compensate for civil servants salary.
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by yetunsbay(m): 8:52pm On Mar 10, 2021
onoms4luv:
well let's analyze it.

level 1 is 30k per month right?

level 4 is also 30k x 4 per month right?

level 16 is 30k x 16 per month.

now calculate how much those civil servants get as salary for doing nothing.

They will go to their offices sitting down from morning till 4 telling how government refused to do this and that.

in short a bill should be pass to reduce their service year and also a system should be developed to eradicate those with multiple government jobs.

I support the bill.

Tell me what Nigerian legislature does even with bogus pay.

Baba maybe sha by the time u reach such position you can amend but for now na civil servants rights. Make them enjoy am
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Theoarhics: 8:53pm On Mar 10, 2021
Nothing we no go see for this country.
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Kaybex007(m): 9:17pm On Mar 10, 2021
let all states work on their resources in order to generate revenue and stop waiting for the federal government allocation/bailout.

also let them splash all their allowances, they keep shouting no money, no money and the continue to collect all their entitlement. I have never heard them say salary abi na allowance of National Assembly members can not be paid due to no money, it's always no money for civil servants but there is money for National Assembly members, governors and others. what a crazy government
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Eriokanmi: 9:23pm On Mar 10, 2021
Nbotee:
Greedy mofos, wen U ppl slash ur jumbo pay to help the govt meet up
Abioo. The most expensive law makers in the world.
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by ElukuGabari: 10:30pm On Mar 10, 2021
Another protest looming endbadgovernment ���
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Taku555(m): 10:51pm On Mar 10, 2021
Until the youth stand against these blood suckers this country would continue to be where it is. All youth should protest and demand a slash in their salary to 50%
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Onuoha1234(m): 10:58pm On Mar 10, 2021
Your -humongous take-home pay in NASS made Nigeria broke.National if you understand E,nglish means single.and only Exclusive.List is the correct location.
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by pastillon: 11:52pm On Mar 10, 2021
I guess that babawo was a mistake it should be babalawo
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by grandstar(m): 12:05am On Mar 11, 2021
The NLC is delusional.

At 18k,many states were borrowing to pay it. Do they expect it to get easier at 30k? The states can't afford it.

These workers barely do anything in the office. Their productivity is nothing to write home about.

1 Like

Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Organizer111222(m): 12:32am On Mar 11, 2021
All I see is a dumb fool
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by calcal: 1:19am On Mar 11, 2021
Reducing minimum wage is not common. Good morning to those Nigerians.
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by BurbeeStyles(m): 3:25am On Mar 11, 2021
That man is unstable

Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Tundex911: 5:53am On Mar 11, 2021
Datti na your life go dirty...

Why can't you propose to reduce the huge salary that both the house of assembly and representative collect in other to fund una stupid govt wey broke.

Aye e LA baje
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by babington91(m): 6:36am On Mar 11, 2021
Racoon:
And yet the same government can pay your bogus allowances, over-bloated salaries despite the dubious constituency allowances you lots collect in addition to the budget padding corruption abi?

Yet the same useless bicameral NASS can approve a staggering amount far far beyond what was used to build the NASS complex for renovation works? The sis above have given you a piece of my heart but in addition may God punish you all.Wicked souls.

Bro, Bogus means fake not huge.. thanks
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by otokx(m): 6:36am On Mar 11, 2021
What a wicked fellow? The politicians pay themselves world class allowances and yet to pay the masses they start lying.
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Nyela(m): 6:43am On Mar 11, 2021
Why are some Nigerian representatives so shameless, so shameless that they wear it like a perfume.
Oh God!
Re: Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke by Nyela(m): 6:48am On Mar 11, 2021
Why are some Nigerian representatives so shameless, so shameless that they wear it like a perfume.
He said states governors are not paying the 30k minimum wage, and rather than decrying the evil practice, he went on to justify it.
Oh God!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019: Okorocha, Nnamani, Nwobodo, Ministers, Others Shun Buhari Campaign Meeting / Atiku Meets IBB & Abdulsalami In Minna, Arrives Yola For Governorship Election / 'Fayose Hired People To Monitor Buhari's Movements In London' - Garba Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.