Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,320 members, 7,943,795 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 02:25 AM

South Africans Rap Better - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / South Africans Rap Better (2438 Views)

Why Wizkid And P-square Lost Mtv Ema 'best African Act' To South Africans / Jjc - We Are Africans (naija Remix) Official Video / We Are Africans By Jjc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africans Rap Better by point45(m): 10:22pm On Jul 06, 2007
now people, don't eat me alive. only i've got this south african friend who thinks they do it better than us, now think with your mind and judge with evidence. if you aint vast, this aint your page.lets do it artisie for artiste. holla at your boi
Re: South Africans Rap Better by gbadex1(m): 4:16pm On Jul 08, 2007
You start, son. There are equally damn wack mcs in S.A so honestly, i see no basis for comparison. But if you want to sha. . .

That SA friend of yours just has a local mentality where "peeps" within his immediate environs are the "best".
Re: South Africans Rap Better by point45(m): 6:59pm On Jul 08, 2007
taking it one for one, i'd personally argue that proverb makes mode9 sound like mode2nd position, no diss to mode anyway,zola is another sick sick artiste man, his "don't cry" makes me cry for "cry"
Re: South Africans Rap Better by regulator(m): 7:10pm On Jul 08, 2007
who cares do we compare uk and american musicians?
Re: South Africans Rap Better by point45(m): 11:03pm On Jul 10, 2007
you know this is why some people should never put their mouth in rap. enter: a guy named regulator who's talking about why we dont compare uk and american artistes, well let me school you little brova, rap aint about your country cos rap is black and so long as you do it right you'll be compared with anybody anytime. perhaps you never heard of a guy called big pun ,he was from puerto rico. he gets compares with everybody evrytime. you need to learn the basics before you talk man, this thread aint for everybody
Re: South Africans Rap Better by kgoddie(m): 11:08pm On Jul 10, 2007
@point 45

I don't think I agree wit ur friend sha.though I know say dat PROVERB guy is tite sha.4 zola,don't know much about him.The truth is,I sincerely feel we have better rappers over here.
Re: South Africans Rap Better by initiator(m): 11:25pm On Jul 10, 2007
This is no misplaced nationalism but naija has more rappers (wack and authentic) than SA and so more dope rappers. That proverb is good but dont think he's got a detailed album like mode9's pentium x. Zola is more like a flash in the pan 4 now, only time would confirm.
Re: South Africans Rap Better by point45(m): 7:36pm On Jul 11, 2007
in that case type in the name mkhukhu funkshen and listen up, tha album is like wow.thats if you think proveb is good anyway. i bet skwatta kamp would give you a new reason to wanna listen to rap
Re: South Africans Rap Better by point45(m): 9:21pm On Jul 11, 2007
MR REGULATOR,
Guy! no be you talk say peace or war na im be best nigerian video? my guy no come this thread again if you no wan make i email virus to you. no! na kollington you for talk. u be anyhow guy! you fit start pwith
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFTBFwTmeQ then spend another 5years searching for more before you come back
Re: South Africans Rap Better by kgoddie(m): 9:48pm On Jul 11, 2007
O boy take am easy ooooooooo! neva send da virus to the guy yet ooooooooooooo! we no want mk he come affect others for here oooooooooooooo! grin grin grin
Re: South Africans Rap Better by Oracle(m): 4:07am On Jul 12, 2007
It depends on individual talents, people are talented individually irrespective of their nationalities.
It is possible to find a south african rapper thatz better than a nigerian rapper and vice versa.

Although environment may affect your talent slightly, it can never stop you from showing what you have, at least not forever.

So let talented people do their thing
Re: South Africans Rap Better by kaydee(m): 6:44pm On Jul 12, 2007
It ain't like i'm not patriotic but SA's got better rappers.As for me,the best is here with us lipsrsealed(i'm patriotic now). It's kinda hard to find a wack South African MC. From

Tumi (Volume)
Proverb
Prokid
Optical Ill
Reason
All very ill cats from SA. Only Modenine can step up 2 them lyrically.

The late Mr Devious, Zola.Though i don't feel Swatta but they kool. and Isaac Mutant.Haaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I go shut up.
The future is brighter,i know lots of underground 9ja Mcs and those ones on Nairaland here sef.
Re: South Africans Rap Better by kaydee(m): 1:41am On Jul 15, 2007
Why's everyone silent now? shocked
Re: South Africans Rap Better by zigbo(f): 6:41am On Jul 15, 2007
becos the thread doesnt make sense.almost al SA rappers rap in their language so how wud u know who d better lyricist is xcept of course yall are some bunch of SA's promoting ur country

i second regulator's statement though,dat makes sense 2 me.
Re: South Africans Rap Better by point45(m): 12:48pm On Jul 15, 2007
funny, the thread doesnt make sense cos most sa rappers do so in their language. i.e the basis for judging rap is language abi? to an extent, i agree that ,to break down the lyrical strength of a track, you need to be able to understand what the rapper is saying. but at the same time mode 9 is getting criticized by the likes of you because what? he's too "western"? c'mon pal. i dont know how many times i have to tell you that not everything is for everybody.i would never talk about party tracks cos it wouldnt make sense to ME. but does that make it senseless to dancers? hell no! so , just cos you cant relate to a particular level of reasoning makes you lame in that category and as such mum should be your word. and pls let me chip it in that if you are a real rap critic, ll you need is 30secs of any rap track no matter the language, to decipher tha cypher
Re: South Africans Rap Better by point45(m): 12:52pm On Jul 15, 2007
and pls zigbo, get it right, the thread is about being a better rapper not a better lyricist.wallace was a better rapper than pac but , strength of lyrics? its got 2 be tupac! (my views anyway)
Re: South Africans Rap Better by kgoddie(m): 1:15pm On Jul 15, 2007
@point 45

sorry,am deviatin a bit.Pls,though u have stated it clearly dat its ur own view,I 4 like make u throw some more light on why u feel say BIG nah better rapper than PAC.
Re: South Africans Rap Better by point45(m): 5:19pm On Jul 15, 2007
kgoddie,
              i was hoping nobody would ask that question because the tupac and biggy thang? is so deep, it ought to have websites dedicated to it but i'll just give you more of my views and hope that it doesnt grow to overshadow the original topic. now see, on the afterlife,tupac has definately been too hot for biggy to handle but while they were alive(i mean taking it back to the pre-"juicy" era,pac was known for one thing alone-the ability to drop lines that'll make you sit the f**k down and think deep.that made him famous. in my views, if you've got that touch then you've gats 2 b called a lyricist(which i rate higher than a normal rapper). now read this part well because you might think im contradicting myself. being a rapper is one thing while being a lyricist is an extension of it.when i say biggy was a better rapper, it meant that based on the flow,style and attitude, biggy had a higher tendency of dropping tracks you'd want to listen to on the peripheral,(say better rhythm, i.e compare juicy and dear mama) pac only takes the ace if you want a track you can think over.a good analogy is with obtaining degrees. if A graduates with a 2'1 and B with a 2'2 at undergrad level, B might post a better performance at masters level. thats what i mean. i don't listen to tracks on the peripheral level so you know i prefer the lyricist
Re: South Africans Rap Better by zigbo(f): 6:40pm On Jul 15, 2007
@point y are u so threatened by every statement one makes here eg. regulator jst spoke his mind in a simple statement nd u started raking.

i'd lik 2 ask,how else can u tel a good rapper?is it by d sound of their voice or d shape of their mouth or their countenance?i dnt gettit becos almost al SA songs sound alike. if ur SA friend came up to u nd said hey look we are better rappers, dat is xpected or wat did u xpect?
Re: South Africans Rap Better by point45(m): 9:33pm On Jul 15, 2007
now hold on a sec bro, there aint nothing wrong in anybody airing his mind, regulator did and i replied him. that dont mean that i gat anything against his person. , aiight? of course i'ma be patriotic and be it for tha fact, we've got a coupl'a good acts here but i think its worth thrashing out, thats why im doing this with y'all.so either its you or regulator or even anybody else, its about throwing punches of facts at one another so the other can be left bleeding with the truth, so if i be putting 9's to other people's brains and pulling the trigger, beleive me it's not a metal 9, it's a verbal one and at the end of it, y'all still remain my brothers
Re: South Africans Rap Better by skingo(m): 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2007
where ARE the links to all the tight south african rappers?
Re: South Africans Rap Better by zigbo(f): 9:53pm On Jul 15, 2007
yo hold up point, u said bro nd thats supposed to mean brova rite?k. get to know though dat i'm nt a guy so dat makes me a girl, 10Q.
Re: South Africans Rap Better by kaydee(m): 1:36am On Jul 16, 2007
Most of those South Africans i listed do it in English.I'll try uploading some of their tracks here.
Re: South Africans Rap Better by kgoddie(m): 8:31am On Jul 16, 2007
I get ur gist BRO.tanx for takin ur time to explain plus,u did a wonderful work at it.I agree with you cos I feel same way.Yes,I will always have PAC ahead of BIG as a lyricist.Thanks man.CHEERS grin
Re: South Africans Rap Better by ladebi(m): 12:04pm On Jul 16, 2007
if koldprodukts are from south africa i say they are good but nigerians raps better than south africans.dudes like gino, terry tha rapman, freestyle, blaise is the capone not a nigerian.man nigerian is tighter than south africa are jozzis not from south africa they are preety tight wack artist.Please if there was a best rapper award in channel 0 please who won it.Zola is he a rapper.Is K naan not from south african he is good but not better than nigerians i can call 3 rappers that can murder all of south africas rappers from port harcourt .Mack G Scalla and Jeffy J.Please South Africans we spit better than you guys.
Re: South Africans Rap Better by zigbo(f): 8:48am On Jul 17, 2007
@ladebi is dat supposed 2b d knaan that did a track with one pretty girl nd another guy,d song is kinda like "till we get there i'm on ur side" or sumfin

if dats who u'r referin to he's west african,niger republic to be precise.
Re: South Africans Rap Better by ladebi(m): 10:45am On Jul 19, 2007
zigbo:

@ladebi is that supposed 2b d knaan that did a track with one pretty girl nd another guy,d song is kind of like "till we get there i'm on your side" or sumfin

if that is who u'r referin to he's west african,niger republic to be precise.
Yeah, and thanks for tellin me were he comes from i actualy thought he was from south africa.
Re: South Africans Rap Better by zigbo(f): 5:24pm On Jul 19, 2007
you are welcome
Re: South Africans Rap Better by eleshin(m): 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2007
@ point,
that is your own opinion.mine is that nigerian rapper are far better than those stupid south african rapper,even lord of ajasa is better than ur highly rated zola.mandoza is always shouting not rapping,skwatta camp are nothing but opportunist.going by your appraisal i think their album should be all over africa not only in south africa and it's environs.i dont feel their lyrics because it is too local,i dont feel their beats because it is too identical comparing to other artists in their country.you are lying because i know you are doing all these defenses just 4 p'ple to think you are a real hiphop head.you better go and dust the apala record you inherited frm ur oldman.modenine,ruggedman,freestyle,terry tha rapman,gino, , are kings in africa
Re: South Africans Rap Better by ladebi(m): 1:07pm On Jul 20, 2007
@eleshin
Man your on track.
Re: South Africans Rap Better by kaydee(m): 1:49am On Jul 21, 2007
We ain't talking bout those that sing in they mother tongue now,let's talk bout those that do it in english.
Re: South Africans Rap Better by point45(m): 5:54pm On Jul 21, 2007
eleshin,
na wa 4 u o. I'M lYING! why would anybody want to lie on a thread? basically i dont even know any of the peeps on this thread one on one so why lie? to impress em?if you are real man you are real, it u you aint you aint, dont blame your hatred for SA rappers on me,abi i be south african?and please dont see me as a "real hip hop head" and spare me your tongue lashing cos one one, you dont wanna involve this n**a.and thats real tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is Who In The Fuji House? / Rick Ross Enlist Fat Joe,the Game & Ja Rule To Diss 50 On Mafia Music(remix) / Looking For Wasiu And Solek Live Music To Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.