Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,960 members, 7,873,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:56 AM

DO YOU KNOW? Only Burna Boy Won Grammy Award, Wizkid Didn’t (see Why) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / DO YOU KNOW? Only Burna Boy Won Grammy Award, Wizkid Didn’t (see Why) (687 Views)

Banky W: I Was Disappointed Wizkid Didn’t Attend My Wedding / Peter Okoye Slams Fans Claiming P-Square Would’ve Won Grammy (Video) / Tiwa Salvage Has Won Grammy Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DO YOU KNOW? Only Burna Boy Won Grammy Award, Wizkid Didn’t (see Why) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 15, 2021
The 63rd Annual Grammy Awards took place yesterday March 14, 2021 around the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles.

It recognized the best recordings, compositions, and artists of the eligibility year, running from September 1, 2019, to August 31, 2020.

The self-acclaimed African Giant Burna Boy
won the Best Global Music Album For ‘Twice As Tall’. While Beyoncé, Blue Ivy & WizKid wins Best Music Video For “Brown Skin Girl”.

Literally the award belongs to Beyonce not
Wizkid directly. You get the point now?
And for the records, it was Buhari tenure Naija win Grammy. Another win for Buhari. Congratulations Bubu.

https://www.vivsco.com/2021/03/do-you-know-only-burna-boy-won-grammy.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: DO YOU KNOW? Only Burna Boy Won Grammy Award, Wizkid Didn’t (see Why) by etrange: 3:51pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tonbra4:

While Beyoncé, Blue Ivy & WizKid win Best Music Video For “Brown Skin Girl”. Literally the award belongs to Beyonce not Wizkid directly.

You're contradicting yourself. You mentioned the people that won the award and then went on to undo the mentioning and gave it one person. Funny you even used the word 'literally'. It was a collabo and just like any other collabo, the award goes to the artists involved. It has always been like that. The same thing happened when Beyonce did the Baby Boy track with Sean Paul. They both got awarded for the song. We don't have to change this because a Nigerian artist is the involved.
Re: DO YOU KNOW? Only Burna Boy Won Grammy Award, Wizkid Didn’t (see Why) by Kaybaba1997(m): 4:08pm On Mar 15, 2021
The write up is correct.. same thing happened when drake won the grammys (one dance) everyone was hailing wizzy but who carry the award go house. The real winner here is burna cos he did all by himself (his own album). History would only record burna's achievement as the real deal. I love and respect wizzy a lot but I want him to win it based on his work not collaboration like the last time.

3 Likes

Re: DO YOU KNOW? Only Burna Boy Won Grammy Award, Wizkid Didn’t (see Why) by wearsandtrends1: 4:54am On Mar 16, 2021
TIWA SAVAGE TOO

(1) (Reply)

I Promise To Flog Any Children I See Washing Car On The Road- Bbnaija Star, Alex / Watch The Moment As Bride And Groom Arrive Their Wedding Venue In A Plastic Barr / Ali Baba Emotional Tribute To TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.