Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,942 members, 7,883,287 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 08:19 AM

Are Internet Services In Nigeria Really Another Big Joke? - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Are Internet Services In Nigeria Really Another Big Joke? (8598 Views)

Setting Up Pc To Pc Lan And Sharing A Usb Modem Internet Services In The Network / When Will Nigerians Get Good Unlimited Internet Services In This Country? / Broadband Internet Services in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Internet Services In Nigeria Really Another Big Joke? by Saddam: 8:51pm On Apr 16, 2011
konami001:

Well i use a 3g Repeater (Booster) with mtn and glo combination, works well for me, i can download at very high speed and also can switch whenever any one of them is mis-behaving, so i really have no complaints, if you have 3g network in your area, and you have a 3g Repeater, then it will appear very strange to you whenever people complain about Mtn or Glo internet, believe me,

Re: Are Internet Services In Nigeria Really Another Big Joke? by Dagash95: 8:41am On Apr 17, 2011
just use swift 4g

really fast n reliable n there is an optioin 4 single usre
Re: Are Internet Services In Nigeria Really Another Big Joke? by pricetag: 10:54am On Apr 18, 2011
The ISPs in Nigeria need to improve on their customer relations management,
MTN was used in my office for a month and thrown in the trash,
we now use starcomms, its relatively efficient (sometimes)
Re: Are Internet Services In Nigeria Really Another Big Joke? by ojobello: 7:03pm On Apr 18, 2011
If you live in Port Harcourt, Vangage Broadband is your best option. Reliable and dependable. I love their consistency and excellent support. Cost of ownership is a bit steep, but the pay back comes through the quality service they provide.
Re: Are Internet Services In Nigeria Really Another Big Joke? by hopeday: 6:04pm On Apr 21, 2011
Pls delinger,

I have been a victim before I saw your post on LINKSERVE here which confirm my suspicion. I have told Cyril, Amaka and one Lekan Balogun who calls himself sales executive that they are professional fraudsters before I came here. Whoever you are pls help me, they have ran my business down. I need your assistance to get my money back. My name is Waidi in Ifo Ogun State. nos are 08098204098, 08084204084. email trippleconsent@yahoo.co.uk, trippleconsent@hotmail.com. Thanx

Waidi
Re: Are Internet Services In Nigeria Really Another Big Joke? by bhsadmin: 8:00pm On Apr 21, 2011
hmm. well mtn is trying
Re: Are Internet Services In Nigeria Really Another Big Joke? by citee(m): 8:47am On Apr 22, 2011
@ poster since you live in PH, I suggest you try Direct on Pc. In my opinion they are the best ISP in their locations of Lagos, Abuja and PH. The initial set up cost is about N15150, which is 12k for the modem and 3150 for 50hrs of browsing valid for 30 days. Believe me when I say they are really and truely reliable.
Re: Are Internet Services In Nigeria Really Another Big Joke? by owner(m): 10:12am On Apr 22, 2011
Learn How to Browse for Freeeeeeeeeeeeeee with your Unlocked Modem @ www.
http://www.
Re: Are Internet Services In Nigeria Really Another Big Joke? by Goldieluks: 12:10pm On Apr 22, 2011
the other time i was trying to send an email,in Nija i couldn't,it took me up to an hour,
i almost smashed the PC.

good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Are Internet Services In Nigeria Really Another Big Joke? by adonn: 10:40pm On Jun 02, 2011
Hmm! where does one start from.
I have been punished by various ISPs in Port Harcourt, but I won't even bother talking about MTN.
I started using Hyperia in December 2010, it was pretty good(Downloads at an average of 70-80kbps, sometimes even higher), I could watch youtube videos without much buffering, and the entire videoof about 5 mins would ultimately load in less than 4 minutes but i was unsatisfied. My dissatisfaction was mostly due to the fact that it has a download limit of 5GB/month.
I began to search for alternatives, the choice came down too ipNX or Direct on PC. ipNX had a N15,750/month 10GB plan while DOPC had an unlimited plan for same price.
So on the 1st of June 2011, my 5GB for hyperia ran out even though the actual subscription was to end on 9th June. I went to ipNX but the only 24 hour plan they had was N21000/month for 15GB, because the 10GB package was "full."
I went to DOPC and bought their home surfer pack for N23,750(including modem of N8,000), and let me just say it was a huge mistake.
My download speeds have not been able to cross 30kbps and that is with a download accelerator.
I have come to the conclusion that the "perfect" internet provider doesn't exist in Nigeria, but meanwhile while I wait, I will go back to hyperia and restrict myself to the 5GB limit.
If anyone has had a better experience in Port Harcourt let me know.
Re: Are Internet Services In Nigeria Really Another Big Joke? by RapidBTS: 11:22pm On Jun 23, 2013
[size=18pt]Works great, all 3G full network bars,
[/size]

[size=24pt]Call O8O677-18O31[/size]

`

Re: Are Internet Services In Nigeria Really Another Big Joke? by henro2: 10:36pm On Jul 23, 2015
Ezweb wireless Limited is the best in port Harcourt.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Get Bandwidth Via SAT-3? (NITEL Wholesale Internet Services) / Come In For Your Free Open Vpn Servers / Laptop Prices In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.