Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,156 members, 7,890,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:52 AM

Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience (12681 Views)

‘Even The Prophets Went To Prison’ – Sirika Comforts Himself In Court / Are The Supporters of This Man Not Ashamed Of Him? What is this? / Video: Obasanjo Went To Toilet 5 Times In 2 Hours – Ex Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by NwaNimo1(m): 5:15pm On Mar 23, 2021
Chief Whip of the Senate and former governor of Abia State, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu, on Monday night said he was thankful to God to have been imprisoned for six months.

He revealed that God allowed the conspiracy of his enemies because it is part of his life’s script.

Speaking in Aba North Ward 1 during his ward-to-ward campaign for All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate, Chief Mascot Uzor Kalu, for the Aba North/South Federal Constituency by-election scheduled to hold on Saturday, March 27, the former governor in response to statements by Abia State Governor, Okezie Ikpeazu and Senator representing Abia South Senatorial zone, Enyinnaya Abaribe alleging that he had not recovered from Kuje prison experience, Kalu said he was not ashamed of having gone to prison, which afforded him the opportunity of experiencing the other side of life.

Ikpeazu and Abaribe had stated that Kalu’s suggestion that road projects in Aba were funded by the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) and the federal government was a clear pointer that something is wrong with him.

“It is either he is yet to fully recover from the effects of his several months of incarceration at the Kuje prisons or he is just plain ignorant,” the governor’s press statement read.

In his response, Kalu told a mammoth crowd in Aba that Abaribe was little minded to think he was ashamed of his prison experience.

He said Abaribe, who he picked from the gutters and made him deputy when he was Abia State governor, was busy supplying petitions to his conspirators because they were afraid he could be President in 2023.

Kalu said: “My conspirators thought I would be President in 2023 , so they decided to cut my journey short at all cost. Abaribe continued to supply petitions, but you see, these people are not God. They think I am ashamed to have gone to prison. I am not and I don’t blame them because they don’t know my relationship with God. They are little minds and wicked people who have refused to do any project for their own people. They have kept a centre table for you and called it bridge.

“You can’t even pay Common salaries and you are here swearing true to God, ‘na me build this road.’ The only road the state is constructing is the 600 meters road in Eziukwu which they have been building since last six years; that’s one year 100 meters. Compare my village and these people’s village and you will see how shameless they are. If you can’t build your own village, is it my own you will build?”

To his question, the crowd responded with a thunderous “Nooo.”

Continuing, Kalu said: “This is 10pm and I am here with you; can the governor or Abaribe come here? That is why in leadership you have to be with the people you are leading. They don’t understand this simple technique; all the projects they claim to be doing are all on radio, nothing on ground. Joseph went to prison; even Obasanjo went to prison. My going to prison is part of my life’s script and I am thankful God allowed it.”

Kalu last weekend lambasted the Abia State government for laying claims to World Bank NEMAP projects, NNDC and Federal government sponsored projects in Abia as state government funded projects.

He told a crowd in Igwebuike Hall in Aba South that he federal government of Nigeria was responsible for the N27 billion Ngwa road project and not the state government, saying: “a government that is owing over 23 months to Abia Polytechnic, 22 months to Abia Teaching hospital, 18 months to Health Management Board , 27 months to Technical School, Arochukwu, amounting over N29 billion as arrears of salaries, excluding pension, cannnot embark on a N27 billion road job. You cannot give what you don’t have .

“The senator representing you in the Senate, Enyinnaya Abaribe, has been in the Senate for 16 years and has done no single project in Abia South. He is busy speaking English as if English is what you need. You need infrastructure, you need good roads; you need schools and hospitals. Go to Abia North, just a year in the Senate, I have given them 19 roads, renovated schools, built hospitals, with many empowerment programme. Abaribe is so shameless that he doesn’t even have a road leading to his village in Umuekwensu.”

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/kalu-replies-ikpeazu-abaribe/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by Xscape1993(m): 5:16pm On Mar 23, 2021
Is going to prison now an achievement in Nigeria? What a great country rule by unfortunate people!

28 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by NwaNimo1(m): 5:17pm On Mar 23, 2021
Shameless man....you were convicted and sentenced to 12 years for looting!

Did Abacha send OBJ to prison for looting?

[img]https://media./images/2d9be30ad8be03d95f6c70f722dd7e83/tenor.gif[/img]

Your only free today because your in Nigeria / APC!

104 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by lilvicky68(m): 5:17pm On Mar 23, 2021
That means you will steal more if given the opportunity..ole

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by IgweOfNnewi: 5:32pm On Mar 23, 2021
The 5% thieves aren't ashamed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by VictorUSA(m): 5:34pm On Mar 23, 2021
I have the feeling that soon you will take your family members along with you to the prison.It's your home, no one will be ashame of where he lives.Wetin this man smoke ? Comparing his miserable life to Joseph's who was a great and wise leader. See wetin cocaine turn nigerian leaders to.

6 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by Bobotic(m): 5:34pm On Mar 23, 2021
E neva do baba sha shocked shocked
#Government_by_Government

Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by Resurrection212: 5:36pm On Mar 23, 2021
That's what government caused.
Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 23, 2021
You are nothing but a thief. So you had the ambition of becoming Nigeria's president. Thief!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
Who is this one?

You went to jail because of corruption Oga.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by gambia(m): 5:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
This country is completely finished. These politicians are so shameless.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by oladele00(m): 5:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
Obasanjo went to prison, not as a looter but you went to prison as a looter. You are a thief

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by karzyharsky(m): 5:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
You are going back

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by slawormiir: 5:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by Tvoice: 5:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
Mumu dey talk , shame kiiiiii u dia.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by BOLLDD: 5:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
Kalu u are a shameless man

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by Olatunji1929: 5:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
association awon elewon dont worry bubu will soon join your association ode e dey brag with his criminal record

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by LegacyB: 5:53pm On Mar 23, 2021
Normal level. Kalu won’t disappoint.
Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by boolet: 5:53pm On Mar 23, 2021
Lol. Kuku equate yourself with Nelson Mandela na... Thief! undecided

*Spits

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by ijewejones: 5:53pm On Mar 23, 2021
undecided lipsrsealed

Politicians like Orji Uzo makes Nigerian politics look like den of thieves

Majority of the peoples' reaction to Orji Uzo would be

Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:54pm On Mar 23, 2021
They think I am ashamed to have gone to prison. I am not and I don’t blame them because they don’t know my relationship with God… Joseph went to Prison
Joseph went to Prison for doing what was right, he was sent to prison for refusing to sleep with a man's wife, he had to run out of the house leaving his jacket behind, before he was framed by the prostitute call housewife for attempted rape!

But you were sent to prison for stealing BILLIONS!!

Just imagine how this criminal and looter just turned our Holy Bible upside down! shocked

Modafoking and shameless ex-convict!!!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by opsyswagger(m): 5:54pm On Mar 23, 2021
Is that prison you went to when corruption have taken over the judiciary system in nigeria if it usa or uk you comit this crime you could have spend all your years in prison

2 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by GIANTPLUSHUB: 5:54pm On Mar 23, 2021
Hahahaha
Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by KingOfAmebo(m): 5:54pm On Mar 23, 2021
These are the people boko haram, isis, bandits, fulani heardsmen, assassin, kidnappers and angry mobs should be targeting and not innocent citizens.

Someone should start publishing home addresses of corrupt politicians for all to see so we can go pay them a visit and burn them down...

They escaped #EndSars they won't escape the next one.

Shameless and wicked lots.

NB
This convicted criminal who just finished his prison time is still mentioning God, what a mockery?

2 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by Asgard13: 5:55pm On Mar 23, 2021
BUHARI SEF BOOK ROOM WELLA FOR INSIDE

GOING TO PRISON IS TERM FROM GRASS TO GRACE IN NIGERIA POLITICAL SETTING

NA WHY IT WILL TAKE TINUBU FOR EVER TO SMELL ASO ROCK SEAT OF POWER

NOT EVEN HIS GENERATION.

Poor soul... he will BE BURIED WITH HIS BULLIONS
WHILE HIS E URCHINS WILL WAIL AT HIS GRAVE LOOKINF AT HIS BULLION AND SALIVATING
Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by akeeng: 5:55pm On Mar 23, 2021
No shame

OBJ went to jail for different reason. Your kleptomaniac ways landed you in jail

4 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by OBALOLA55(m): 5:56pm On Mar 23, 2021
THIS ARM ROBBER NOR SABI SAY PA OBASANJO NOR BE HIM AGE MATE angry

NGADAAWO OYA USE YOUR SECOND MONIKER CANCEL MY POST grin
Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by bigdammyj: 5:57pm On Mar 23, 2021
Noted
Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by israelmao(m): 5:57pm On Mar 23, 2021
The circumstance that led to Obasanjo's imprisonment was different from yours.Obasanjo was roped in a coup while you were found in corruption and APC forgave you as soon as you joined their party.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by Ashirioluwa: 5:58pm On Mar 23, 2021
The reason you went to prison is different from that of baba Obasanjo. Obasanjo went to prison for attacking the then president (President Abacha) but you went to prison for fraud.

2 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience by Topmaike007(m): 5:58pm On Mar 23, 2021
Kalu my man no mind them

BELIEVE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market / Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu / Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.