Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,893 members, 7,969,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 12:58 PM

Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 (57942 Views)

National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 / Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 / President Jonathan Predicts Stable Electricity By April 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by wesley80(m): 8:19pm On Apr 16, 2011
Watching channels tv and apparently, the VP (Sambo) Lost his polling unit in Kaduna state to the CPC. Same report also says the PDP is doing quite well in Kaduna south but doing poorly in the northern part of the state. I predict a tie or at the very least, the minimal 25% the PDP needs.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by maipeople(m): 8:21pm On Apr 16, 2011
This thing is getting serious over there. I was just informed that a person has been killed for voting BUHARI in ENUGU
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by ziccoit: 8:22pm On Apr 16, 2011
jos north
PU:31/05/01/028 CPC=902 ANPP=4 PDP=0 ACN=0 invalid=1

PU:31/05/01/005 CPC=1098 ANPP=3 PDP=1 ACN=0
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by enyojo(f): 8:23pm On Apr 16, 2011
In Idah, Kogi State (My Town)
Ede-Adejoh ward, Idah Kogi-east, CPC 19 PDP 68 ANPP 6, Invalid - 213

Invalid won there
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Akainzo(m): 8:24pm On Apr 16, 2011
efisher:

The number of eligible voters in the North has always been over inflated with such methods. GEJ openly announced to people NOT to rig for him and not to be violent. Buhari could not tell his people not to use underage voters. At the end, he will be frustrated. If he decides to complain, he should be ready to lose those underage votes also.

Yes he openly announced that they should not rig fr him, but he secretly mobilised them to rig for him.

I almost got beaten up today for daring to speaking  up against what was happening. The rigging in favour of PDP in the SS is very pathetic and they justify it by saying the North is also rigging too. DO not be surprised when the same as the Odili elections plays out again, 100% voter turn out.

In my area, the corpers, police and observers were in on it. I later learnt a million was promised to the unit and by the time the votes count began, there was commotion as the police hadn't received their pay and thus a kind of rebellion ensued which delayed the announcement. I personally witnessed the ballot stuffing.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Doyin2(m): 8:25pm On Apr 16, 2011
JUBILEE ESTATE,IKORODU,LAGOS:

ACN      120
ANPP        2
ADC         1
CPC       94
NCNP       1
NCP         3
PDP      266

I VOTED FOR MY CONSCIENCE,RIBADU/ADEOLA!.I STILL BELIEVE THAT COMPARED TO OTHER OPPOSITION CANDIDATES,THEY REPRESENT A MORE GENERATIONAL AND DYNAMIC CHANGE WE'VE BEEN CLAMOURING FOR,
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Remii(m): 8:26pm On Apr 16, 2011
enyojo:

Invalid won there

sounds like palm beach florida election 2000
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by EPOMA(m): 8:26pm On Apr 16, 2011
maipeople:

This thing is getting serious over there. I was just informed that a person has been killed for voting BUHARI in ENUGU

how did they know he voted Buhari  when you vote secretly except it was during the vote count and it doesn't surprise me .
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Kobojunkie: 8:28pm On Apr 16, 2011
Akainzo:

Yes he openly announced that they should not rig fr him, but he secretly mobilised them to rig for him.

I almost got beaten up today for daring to speaking  up against what was happening. The rigging in favour of PDP in the SS is very pathetic and they justify it by saying the North is also rigging too. DO not be surprised when the same as the Odili elections plays out again, 100% voter turn out.

In my area, the corpers, police and observers were in on it. I later learnt a million was promised to the unit and by the time the votes count began, there was commotion as the police hadn't received their pay and thus a kind of rebellion ensued which delayed the announcement. I personally witnessed the ballot stuffing.

Did you document any of this somewhere?? Any pictures or videos please
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Princek12(m): 8:28pm On Apr 16, 2011
EPOMA:

[b][/b]

how did they know he voted Buhari  when you vote secretly except it was during the vote count and it doesn't surprise me .

maybe he was running his mouth.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by emcaluv(m): 8:28pm On Apr 16, 2011
I am not a politician but this is not healthy for Nigeria. Most people from other ethnic group could not vote in the North because of fear of molestation. May this Nation not tear apart because of 2011 Election. It is no more PDP issue rather tribe. I wonder what will happen in Nigeria in the next 48 hrs. There is much to this than GEJ or Buhari. May God help this country.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by EPOMA(m): 8:29pm On Apr 16, 2011
Where is Beaf, has he not finishing voting yet
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by edicolove: 8:30pm On Apr 16, 2011
how did they know he voted Buhari when you vote secretly except it was during the vote count and it doesn't surprise me .

a proof of bb supporters using propaganda technic. you cannot know what someone voted.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by bros1234(m): 8:30pm On Apr 16, 2011
EPOMA:

[b][/b]

Its shame my brother but in this land anything can happen
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Akainzo(m): 8:31pm On Apr 16, 2011
maipeople:

EPOMA:

It is possible when the results were announced, he challenged it by identifying that his vote was not counted and thus they knew who he voted for and that he has a  valid basis to challenge/invalidate the result of that polling unit.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Limaoscar: 8:35pm On Apr 16, 2011
We need to see more credible results posted here. Folks don't worry, we are praying and the enterprise of the Company of spear men and blood thirsty people in our country will not thrive, Amen!
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Wadeoye(m): 8:36pm On Apr 16, 2011
Our morally bankrupt SS and SE people are busy doctoring their results now.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by 10cirenoh: 8:39pm On Apr 16, 2011
PDP 148, ACN 29, CPC, 19, ACREDITED 210, ANPP 2, NCP 1, INVALID 11. PU 24/03/01/015 Akowonjo Egbeda Alimosho LGA Lagos
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by manosteel(m): 8:39pm On Apr 16, 2011
@Akainzo you just said what happened in your place but you did not tell us the state, LG, Ward or even Polling unit. We need information that can be verified. You never can tell, such information can play a role in pursuit for justice.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by bros1234(m): 8:40pm On Apr 16, 2011
This whole thing you guys call election is nothing but tribal and ethnic power play. I am so disappointed in the backwardness of the Nigerian mentality
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by kcjazz(m): 8:42pm On Apr 16, 2011
enyojo:

Invalid won there

Haha! Very progressive party I guess
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by jmaine: 8:43pm On Apr 16, 2011
Wondering why Kano is polling such astronomical numbers . . . . no break down of the polling results . .just a huge number saying  . .so so and so ward  . . .bla bla bla . . .E be like say this Kano result pass wetin man eye see  . . . . Sha we dey wait for other wards too . .and also INEC knows better . . . grin grin
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Pataki: 8:46pm On Apr 16, 2011
enyojo:

Invalid won there

grin grin

I think I have to start a political party called: Invalid Party. cheesy
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by AljUche: 8:47pm On Apr 16, 2011
[size=15pt]reports that PDP politician was beaten almost to death in kaduna for trying to rig[/size]
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Nicklee(m): 8:48pm On Apr 16, 2011
Pataki:

grin grin

At least, you'll be sure to win a councilor position there. LoL!!!
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by edicolove: 8:49pm On Apr 16, 2011

it is a shame that you come here and insult a whole tribe and section of the country. and you say that Nigeria is one? it is sad
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by enyojo(f): 8:52pm On Apr 16, 2011
Pataki:

grin grin

MAke me your National women Leader. Attached with Angry-looking Security operatives with 5 Bullet-proof Jeeps

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Akainzo(m): 8:52pm On Apr 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Did you document any of this somewhere?? Any pictures or videos please

manosteel:

@Akainzo you just said what happened in your place but you did not tell us the state, LG, Ward or even Polling unit. We need information that can be verified. You never can tell, such information can play a role in pursuit for justice.

My unit is in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. You need to know that intelligence is knowing what is right but wisdom is knowing is being able to make the right decisions. When I accessed the situation, I knew I could be a statistics if I attempted to bring out a recording device.

Like I said, every single one of them was in on the rigging. Including the police and the observers! The observers made a show of overseeing one of the polling units (There were 4) but they left the others completely alone to do whatever was agreed. I probably would not be writing this or maybe, from an hospital bed if I had attempted a video evidence. My mama still needs me.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 8:52pm On Apr 16, 2011
Wadeoye:

have you said anything about the underage voting in the north?
All those high numbers coming from the north must all be eligible voters.

I hear you!
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Wadeoye(m): 8:53pm On Apr 16, 2011
@edicolove, why cant they post their results the same way others across the country are doing?
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Pharoh: 8:54pm On Apr 16, 2011
bros1234:

This whole thing you guys call election is nothing but tribal and ethnic power play. I am so disappointed in the backwardness of the Nigerian mentality
emcaluv:

I am not a politician but this is not healthy for Nigeria. Most people from other ethnic group could not vote in the North because of fear of molestation. May this Nation not tear apart because of 2011 Election. It is no more PDP issue rather tribe. I wonder what will happen in Nigeria in the next 48 hrs. There is much to this than GEJ or Buhari. May God help this country.

That was why i never joined those people from the south shouting change and saying they will vote for ribadu and buhari.

We need to move beyond religion and tribalism before you start election your leaders on competence alone.

This is a north versus south issue and nothing more, also when the violence starts it will surely fall along the same line.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by ysg4real(m): 8:55pm On Apr 16, 2011
enyojo:

Invalid won there

thats so funny.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (42) (Reply)

Chidiogo Akunyili Weds Andrew, Her White Boyfriend (photos) / Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) / Maduafokwa Olisakwe: "PDP Should Find My ₦26 Million" - Anambra Guber Aspirant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.