Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,609 members, 7,944,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 05:11 AM

Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? (1745 Views)

Just Curious>>>>>>who Comes First In A Man's Life? / Pic: Who Comes First In A Man's Life? / Moment When You Want To Flex Your Babe In Your Dad's Car. photo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by MrsChima(f): 2:50am On Apr 17, 2011
I see my husband everyday, Sighs. So seeing dad is like a breath of fresh air!
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by Nobody: 3:33am On Apr 17, 2011
well, he is no longer alive but even in death my beautiful father will always come first. smiley
he gave me life, gave me my looks grin and bottom line he is my other half and no man will take his place. smiley
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by Phate07(m): 4:04am On Apr 17, 2011

Families stick together! And until you marry her, you are not yet a part of her family! So her dad comes first.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by ShyOne(f): 5:07am On Apr 17, 2011
If married, my husband comes first (my dad taught me that) - my husband comes even before my dad.

If I am unmarried - my Dad comes first every single time.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by Nobody: 5:11am On Apr 17, 2011
I can respect that @ shy-one.

Maybe if my dad didn't pass I would see it your way, I think that is
in fact the right way to do it, it's just I was raised that blood is always first in line. smiley

but hey we all have to branch out on our own someday right?
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by ShyOne(f): 5:25am On Apr 17, 2011
@ MzDksn

You pay allegiance to your dad - I understand totally and completely.  That is quite loyal and tender of you.  You have my sympathies.  You are very sweet.

Your Dad loves you and Your Dad is completely aware that you miss him and he loves you deeply.  He wants you to know that he knows that you miss him because he misses you too - he misses your awareness of his presence.  When they part from us - they still love us just as deeply and even more so when they depart from this level.  He sees you and he is very proud of you and your development.  Your Dad adores you where he is right now.  Just as he adored you when you were able to physically see him and speak with him.

Mz Dkskn - talk to him - he has only left this level of existence - he still lives and still thinks the same as he thought when he was here.  I encourage you to talk to him - he definitely listens even now.

I just wanted to let you know.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by kaypeegee: 5:27am On Apr 17, 2011
my dad would come first if he is just a boyfriend, then when he becomes a hubby he can enjoy the benefits of being first. but he can easily fall back to being second if he doesnt make me happy,
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by Nobody: 5:30am On Apr 17, 2011
Shy-One:

@ MzDksn

You pay allegiance to your dad - I understand totally and completely.  That is quite loyal and tender of you.  You have my sympathies.  You are very sweet.

Your Dad loves you and Your Dad is completely aware that you miss him and he loves you deeply.  He wants you to know that he is knows that you miss him and he misses you too.  When they part from us - they still love us just as deeply and even more so when they depart from this level.  He sees you and he is very proud of you and your development.  Your Dad adores you where he is right now.  Just as he adored you when you were able to physically see him and speak with him.

Mz Dkskn - talk to him - he has only left this level of existence - he still lives and still thinks the same as he thought when he was here.  I encourage you to talk to him - he definitely listens even now.

I just wanted to let you know.

Awe shy! Girl you got me teary eyed right now. A lot has been said about my father some good some bad by imbec1les on here but I swear on my life that, that above is the ONLY thing YET that has caused me to get so emotional.  smiley God bless you sis. I know he is watching me and he loves me. He knows I love him too. Aside from my brothers he is the only man I believe that I could love the way I do.

LOL you got me messed up shy LOL I am fanning my eyes right now. That is so touching. Thank you.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by rman: 8:13am On Apr 17, 2011
Based on the info from poster, has it occured to anyone that the girl may not even spend an hour with him if he is not the one responsible for her transport fare home? The OP has genuine reason to be worried.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by charity00: 1:28pm On Apr 17, 2011

Based on the info from poster, has it occured to anyone that the girl may not even spend an hour with him if he is not the one responsible for her transport fare home? The OP has genuine reason to be worried.

So would you issue an ultimatum? Guy doesn't pay for transport, unless gal is willing to let him meet family? If there really isn't any ulterior motive, the guy looks like a jerk. But doesn't the gal have an obligation to build some trust?
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by rman: 2:10pm On Apr 17, 2011
charity00:

So would you issue an ultimatum? Guy doesn't pay for transport, unless gal is willing to let him meet family? If there really isn't any ulterior motive, the guy looks like a jerk. But doesn't the gal have an obligation to build some trust?
A lady that truly cares about you will definitely try to spend time with you. It is obvious you care about her and you are also willing to meet her parents while she always give you excuses. If you have made the promise of giving her the money please do without issuing any ultimatum. What I will now suggest is suspend further financial assistance after this. She should go to her DAD. What you need to do is to observe her over the next few months. Do you know when she is free from work or school or whatever? Give her a call few days during this free time but don't ask how she is spending it. If she never made plans on her own to spend part or whole of this free time with you, then I guess she isn't taking you serious.
If she does, make sure that no financial reward or financially related problem will be solved before, during and immediately after visit. Be ready to move on if you observe she is not all that into you. If you think she is into you, you can slowly but gradually return to helping her out financially but don't let make yourself Mr Too Nice.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by Atreides(f): 10:15pm On Apr 17, 2011
My daddddy!!! Well,maybe it's because i'm not dating anyone yet Even if i was,i don't think i would choose some random guy over the man who pays my bills,plays chess with me,chats with me(whatsapp!),gives me money,buys Hadley Chase novels for me,etc etc. Here's to Amazing(even if they're sometimes boy-hating,over-protective,social-life destroying and just generally frustrating)fathers! I'm not getting married anytime soon so until then,every guy in my life'll be a random guy. And until he's more than a random guy,i'll pick my dad anyday!
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by MrsChima(f): 11:22pm On Apr 17, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

Awe shy! Girl you got me teary eyed right now. A lot has been said about my father some good some bad by imbec1les on here but I swear on my life that, that above is the ONLY thing YET that has caused me to get so emotional.  smiley God bless you sis. I know he is watching me and he loves me. He knows I love him too. Aside from my brothers he is the only man I believe that I could love the way I do.

LOL you got me messed up shy LOL I am fanning my eyes right now. That is so touching. Thank you.

Never let anyone see you sweat concerning your father and there are millions who wish they have their father's love or even know their fathers. My father have taught me to be strong and know that people smile when they see you sweat don't let them see you sweat even if you want to sweat.

Remember those good things about your father and live on with those thoughts in your head. No one even a hater can't take that away from you. Memories good or bad last forever and it is yours to remember.

There is nothing wrong with picking your father over your man for your father will always be there for you remember this even if you branch out and God forbid something happens to that man who would you return to? Of course, your parents for they were the first people you saw coming into this world.

Many people have chosen their partners over their father, mother, and both when they have lost their partners in war, divorce, murder, break up, and abandonment they all returned back to their parents.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 18, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Never let anyone see you sweat concerning your father and there are millions who wish they have their father's love or even know their fathers. My father have taught me to be strong and know that people smile when they see you sweat don't let them see you sweat even if you want to sweat.

Remember those good things about your father and live on with those thoughts in your head. No one even a hater can't take that away from you. Memories good or bad last forever and it is yours to remember.

There is nothing wrong with picking your father over your man for your father will always be there for you remember this even if you branch out and God forbid something happens to that man who would you return to? Of course, your parents for they were the first people you saw coming into this world.

Many people have chosen their partners over their father, mother, and both when they have lost their partners in war, divorce, murder, break up, and abandonment they all returned back to their parents.

*cyber hugs chima* kiss kiss

thank you sis. That is soooo true. and I def. will remember this.
i appreciate it sis. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley the irony is i was looking at his picture
not to long ago and i remembered what shy said, then i checked
and saw you sent me the link. Thanks a bunchies for the kind words Chima.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by isalegan2: 2:18am On Apr 18, 2011
ssumpta:

How old are you? A husband was once a guy remember?? This is why some girls remain single at 30. Then they start blaming it on their ancestors.

Wow! "Single at 30." A fate worse than death! Why even get up in the morning, huh? lol.  What "ancestors"?

Seriously, you misunderstood my post.  And I also initially misunderstood that it was the girl who split for 2 months.  The "some guy" comment is because the relationship doesnt seem properly defined.  I got nothing against the menfolk. cheesy
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by MrsChima(f): 2:28am On Apr 18, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

*cyber hugs chima*  kiss kiss

thank you sis. That is soooo true. and I def. will remember this.
i appreciate it sis.  smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley the irony is i was looking at his picture
not to long ago and i remembered what shy said, then i checked
and saw you sent me the link. Thanks a bunchies for the kind words Chima.

No problem sis!  The father love is nothing like any love you will get from your partner or anybody else. A real father will never force you to choose between your HUSBAND and him.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by Brite02(m): 3:08am On Apr 18, 2011
Both of you are not married yet, right? That make's you a total strange infact a nobody despite the fact that both of you're dating! So let her be, Family(home) first before any other. If both ya were married then it would have been a very tricky question you know!
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by MrsChima(f): 3:37am On Apr 18, 2011
Brite02:

Both of you are not married yet, right? That make's you a total strange infact a nobody despite the fact that both of you're dating! So let her be, Family(home) first before any other. If both ya were married then it would have been a very tricky question you know!

Even if they were married, a real father would never force his children to choose between him or her/his spouses.

It is a pity that one must choose and you have to question the character of both the father and the spouse in question. It is that simple.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by Ranoscky(m): 5:17am On Apr 18, 2011
God has NOT YET created a gal that I would choose before my parents/family (NOT EVEN MY WIFE)!
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by Nekai(f): 6:58am On Apr 18, 2011
charity00:

Ok, something may be up here. Tell her this- You want to spend the time with her because you missed her, and you want to take things to the next level by meeting her family. If she says she isn't ready, tell her that you aren't ready to finance her trip, and that 5k isn't mere change, and you have to save your money for more important times. Don't argue, just tell her outright, then tell her that you will talk to her later because something came up. Use a firm tone, but when you tell her you will talk to her later, be more light with your tone.

How she responds to this will tell u alot about her true character. Again, don't argue, and don't get upset. If she argues and complains just tell her your mind is made up already. She will have no choice to tell you what is really on her mind, and if she is up to no good, she will get angry.

If you told her that you will give her the money already, proceed with caution, but still let her know that you have changed your mind.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by kandiikane(m): 3:54am On Apr 19, 2011
My man. I have never seen dad and he has never been involved in my life.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by Ranoscky(m): 4:51am On Apr 19, 2011
^^ Damn!

What happened (mind sharing)?
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by kandiikane(m): 5:51am On Apr 19, 2011
smiley Don't even care but since you want to know.

Left when I was three months and called me one day when I was 16. Imagine the rubbish angry
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by Nekai(f): 6:16am On Apr 19, 2011
^Wow. sad
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by Ranoscky(m): 6:19am On Apr 19, 2011
kandiikane:

smiley Don't even care but since you want to know.

Left when I was three months and called me one day when I was 16. Imagine the rubbish angry
WTF!

Sorry sis, thank God you'r now a grown up girl and err'thing is fine with U.

That man needs to be taking to the northern part of Nigeria for sharia law!!!

TO HELL WITH SUCH MEN, I HATE EM ALL !!! angry

What about your mom? Hope U dont mind me asking all these here?

Check ma profile for ma email lets chat on YM.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by jjgirljay(f): 7:43am On Apr 19, 2011
she needs to grow up. my man comes first,its a pity my ex didnt agree. As an ibo man,he puts his family first,well i left.
maybe am wrong but i never had a strong relationship with my dad but still i guess every woman should put der man first.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by jjgirljay(f): 5:42pm On Apr 19, 2011
Welcome to the club@ Kandiikane,my dad left when I was abt 8mths and came running back 19yrs after,for no reason at all and when I call him MR he gets angry.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by kandiikane(m): 6:37pm On Apr 19, 2011
@jjgirljay, thats why I will not have a child before marriage atleast then the likelihood of the man not taking care of my child is less.
Imagine he brags about having a school in sierra leone but when asked for money to pay for my travels he tells me he will send it and when the time comes he simply vanishes from the face of the earth. Never rely on them. Rubbish Men.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by MrsChima(f): 6:39pm On Apr 19, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by chibaby5(f): 6:55pm On Apr 19, 2011
@topic

Very hard to answer ds one

(1) (2) (Reply)

Online Love! / Fine Boy,no Money! / I Was A Vìrgìn When I Married Her, Now She Says I'm Bad In Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.