Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,925 members, 7,942,324 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 07:33 AM

SSD Not Working - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / SSD Not Working (1738 Views)

Craigslist Reply Button Not Working / I Help Someone To Reformat His Pro-book 6560b Window 7, WIFI Not Working Anymore / Keyboard Not Working (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SSD Not Working by qtguru(m): 2:16pm On Mar 31, 2021
We were trying to fix an IC issue and te SSD Drive on the laptop no longer detects if there a way to connect an internal SSD disk to an external adapter or something ?

1 Like

Re: SSD Not Working by The5DME(m): 2:40pm On Mar 31, 2021
Try posting this question on quora. You'll get better anwsers than here
Re: SSD Not Working by Drella(m): 8:23pm On Apr 03, 2021
qtguru:
We were trying to fix an IC issue and te SSD Drive on the laptop no longer detects if there a way to connect an internal SSD disk to an external adapter or something ?

Try get an external hard drive casing.It comes with a USB cord.Insert the ssd and plug the usb connector to the usb port on the system.

The ssd might have issues tho
Re: SSD Not Working by qtguru(m): 9:46pm On Apr 03, 2021
Drella:

Try get an external hard drive casing.It comes with a USB cord.Insert the ssd and plug the usb connector to the usb port on the system.

Yeah I figured ssd would be harder , but if I can retrieve some docs then I can happily trash it
Re: SSD Not Working by qtguru(m): 9:48pm On Apr 03, 2021
Drella:

Its a laptop SSD will i see a connector ?
Re: SSD Not Working by Drella(m): 11:26pm On Apr 03, 2021
qtguru:

Its a laptop SSD will i see a connector ?

Is it a SATA connector or IDE(pin mouthed)?
If it is sata,just get an external casing.If it is ide,you will need a converter first before using an external casing.

would love to upload pics of how they look like but network ish....just google them to see which connector yours is.
Re: SSD Not Working by Drella(m): 11:28pm On Apr 03, 2021
qtguru:

Yeah I figured ssd would be harder , but if I can retrieve some docs then I can happily trash it

The casing works for both hard disk drive and solid state drive as long as they are SATA connectors

How many gigabyte is the ssd?
Re: SSD Not Working by Drella(m): 11:39pm On Apr 03, 2021
Image 1 SATA connector

Image 2 IDE connector

image 3 External casing.It varies though

Re: SSD Not Working by udemzyudex(m): 3:53am On Apr 04, 2021
qtguru:

You can convert the ODD ( dvd rom) space and use it as internal SSD.

If you really want to go through the stress, which I believe you can do it since you said you were working on an ic on a laptop.

your sata connector uses 5v,some use 5v and 3v power supply, with odd detect# which should be low, then the sata transmitting and receiving line, there are capacitor on these lines, if one is short to ground, it will affect it too.
below is an example of what I'm talking about, get the laptop schematic diagram and trace it.

The second pic is the converter.

Re: SSD Not Working by qtguru(m): 9:25am On Apr 04, 2021
This is it

Re: SSD Not Working by udemzyudex(m): 10:09am On Apr 04, 2021
It's the same thing, just get laptop motherboard part number and look for the schematic, locate the SSD part and check if there is any missing voltage or signal.
Re: SSD Not Working by The5DME(m): 12:31pm On Apr 04, 2021
udemzyudex:
It's the same thing, just get laptop motherboard part number and look for the schematic, locate the SSD part and check if there is any missing voltage or signal.
Bros this your own level of repair na advanced one oh. You dey even use circuit diagram?
Re: SSD Not Working by qtguru(m): 12:55pm On Apr 04, 2021
udemzyudex:

You can convert the ODD ( dvd rom) space and use it as internal SSD.

If you really want to go through the stress, which I believe you can do it since you said you were working on an ic on a laptop.

your sata connector uses 5v,some use 5v and 3v power supply, with odd detect# which should be low, then the sata transmitting and receiving line, there are capacitor on these lines, if one is short to ground, it will affect it too.
below is an example of what I'm talking about, get the laptop schematic diagram and trace it.

The second pic is the converter.

Oh i get now, I will check the motherboard, can you recover data from SSD , I am going to CV tomorrow. I will check for that
Re: SSD Not Working by udemzyudex(m): 1:21pm On Apr 04, 2021
qtguru:

Oh i get now, I will check the motherboard, can you recover data from SSD , I am going to CV tomorrow. I will check for that

No I can't, since it is the laptop that is not detecting the SSD, put it in another laptop and get your files.
Re: SSD Not Working by udemzyudex(m): 1:22pm On Apr 04, 2021
The5DME:

Bros this your own level of repair na advanced one oh. You dey even use circuit diagram?
Lol, na normal thing to do naa.
Re: SSD Not Working by Kunleforreal(m): 3:18pm On Apr 04, 2021
qtguru:

Hello, you can contact me for data recovery service if you are in Lagos
Re: SSD Not Working by Drella(m): 6:17pm On Apr 04, 2021
qtguru:
This is it

oh!Never knew this was the type of ssd you were saying.

udem.... has proffered a solution.
Re: SSD Not Working by Dogmatix: 4:27pm On Jun 18, 2021
If you are having problems with your SSD or hard drive, then you can use Partition Recovery to restore your files.
Re: SSD Not Working by Deicide: 5:10pm On Jun 18, 2021
qtguru:
This is it
This one Na NVME Na this is not Ssd

Are you trying it on your Linux system? if it's an optane drive it wouldn't work except for Windows. Check if you would see optane written on it. if you don't then just check if you could see drivers to install for it.

(1) (Reply)

Seminar:enhancing Antivirus Protection Ft Weymola,netotse,soki2ng,sting_224 / I Want To Open A Cyber Cafe Please I Need An Experience Man / Can Mtn 3.5g Data Card Be Shared To Four (4) Systems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.