Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,679 members, 7,878,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 10:45 AM

The PAJERO Club - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The PAJERO Club (10723 Views)

Is The Mitsubishi Pajero 2007 Great As A First Car. / 2020 4th Generation Mitsubishi Pajero Sport SUV Launched In Lagos / The Unmatching Beauty Of MITSUBISHI PAJERO 2017 MODEL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The PAJERO Club by HOTARIO(m): 9:51pm On May 13, 2021
See image

Re: The PAJERO Club by johnabraham: 11:08am On May 22, 2021
thank you. appreciate your response. let me see what lagoscarfix has to offer. all the best.
HOTARIO:

I did a leather replacement job with a guy at Ilasan but I'd score it 70%. He said it was because he had to rush to meet my timeline especially for the front seats (3 days). Leather selected was good, beige colour was near perfect match but the stitch could be better. Some noticeable folds at some edges. Perhaps if I had more time I could have supervised him to get what I want.

On IG, there is @lagoscarfix. I haven't tried them though. You can speak with them and see if they can meet your needs.

There are also some threads here in the Auto section you can look up. Please share feedback when job is done.

Good luck
Re: The PAJERO Club by HOTARIO(m): 6:47am On Jul 30, 2021
johnabraham:
i recently bought 2010 naija used Pajero manual gear. Issues at the time of purchase indicated worn out clutch disk. getting it replaced at a reputed nairalander's workshop. any leads where to convert fabric seats to leather? otherwise the vehicle is very sturdy and fun to drive. zooms out of any kind of potholes with ease...

Hi, how is your Pajero doing? Got the leather seats fixed?

1 Like

Re: The PAJERO Club by johnabraham: 1:40pm On Aug 19, 2021
Hi. Apologies for delayed reply.
I got it done from a guy near air force workshop along agege motor road. Paint job, dash board and seats were done perfectly well. I am really enjoying the vehicle now.
Thanks.

HOTARIO:

Hi, how is your Pajero doing? Got the leather seats fixed?

1 Like

Re: The PAJERO Club by Shagati(m): 10:55pm On Nov 26, 2021
johnabraham:
Hi. Apologies for delayed reply.
I got it done from a guy near air force workshop along agege motor road. Paint job, dash board and seats were done perfectly well. I am really enjoying the vehicle now.
Thanks.
Any pictures?
Re: The PAJERO Club by HOTARIO(m): 11:51am On Dec 13, 2021
Season's greatings everyone. Trust you are enjoying your Pajeros. Sorry i have been away from here for sometime. We back on the grind now.
Re: The PAJERO Club by Gadgetmobil(m): 6:46am On Jan 21, 2023
HOTARIO:
Do you own a Mitsubishi Pajero/Shogun, especially from 2007 upwards? Let's connect here to discuss experience, shared thoughts, Mods, maintenance, parts supply/availability, technical support, etc.

I have been an Acura MDX lover (2007 MDX Tech/Ent/Sports package) from 05/2015 to date. Recently found affection for the Pajero/Shogun full size SUV and got a deal on a 2010 model, black on black. My MDX is also 7 seater black on black�

2010 Pajero, one owner from new. 103KM on Odo.

Issues at purchase:
Minimal. Light scratches and cracks in leather seats edges.
One weak ignition coil (No. 5)
One missing fog light chrome
Worn steering wheel leather
Few scuffs and scratches on body and fender. No dents
Faulty brake switches
Broken key fob

Works done
Leather repair cream. Small touch fixed leather seats
Ignition coil 5 changed
Fog light chrome fixed
Steering wheel cover installed
Full paint refresh. Oven job
Brake switch replaced
Key fob replaced
General service/Oil change (Total Quartz 7000).
Brand new Bridgestone tyres 265/65R17

Mods done
Led headlights low& full beam installed
Led fog light installed
Android entertainment head unit installed
Rear camera installed

Driving experience?

Awesome. Wifey & the kids have left Acura MDX for me. They are fully on Pajero �.

One bummer though:
Floor under driver side gets hotter than normal especially in heavy traffic. Research on forums finger the Cat Converter. Some people said they fixed theirs by removing the Cat (I'm not sure yet). Will update on this fix.

Overall, I'm loving the Mitsubishi Pajero and looks like it's a keeper for the long haul.

Let's keep this going
Re: The PAJERO Club by chris81964(m): 3:42pm On Feb 21, 2023
I will be looking at a 2011 and 2012 tomorrow. Are there things that I should look out for?
Re: The PAJERO Club by chris81964(m): 2:02pm On Feb 22, 2023
Please I am looking for someone to do am inspection on a 2012 Pajero that I want to buy. Thank you in advance
Re: The PAJERO Club by kingreign(m): 3:31pm On Feb 22, 2023
chris81964:
Please I am looking for someone to do am inspection on a 2012 Pajero that I want to buy. Thank you in advance
If you’re in abuja and environ, feel free to DM 07034581213
Re: The PAJERO Club by chris81964(m): 4:03pm On Feb 22, 2023
kingreign:

If you’re in abuja and environ, feel free to DM 07034581213
I am in Lagos
Re: The PAJERO Club by kingreign(m): 4:51pm On Feb 22, 2023
chris81964:

I am in Lagos
Oops .
Re: The PAJERO Club by chris81964(m): 5:40pm On Feb 24, 2023
I got the 2013 Pajero. Will need to get new tyres, perform all fluid changes some correction on the fender and I am good to go. Detailing inside and out.

2 Likes

Re: The PAJERO Club by chris81964(m): 2:22pm On Feb 25, 2023
HOTARIO:
Android Head Unit
Engine bay cleanup. The good guys at @sprynxmulti on IG did a great job. No water gunning. Just meticulous detailing.
I have sent them a message. I want them to detail the whole car
Re: The PAJERO Club by ControlModule(f): 10:29pm On Feb 25, 2023
chris81964:
I got the 2013 Pajero. Will need to get new tyres, perform all fluid changes some correction on the fender and I am good to go. Detailing inside and out.

big congratulations on the latest purchase. can you share more pix of interior and engine bay?

1 Like

Re: The PAJERO Club by ControlModule(f): 10:31pm On Feb 25, 2023
HOTARIO:
Season's greatings everyone. Trust you are enjoying your Pajeros. Sorry i have been away from here for sometime. We back on the grind now.
can you pls possibly provide a review on the following;
1. cost of maintenance?
2. cost of parts
3. ease of getting replacement parts
4. reliability
5. how the suspension performs considering naija roads.

thanks

1 Like

Re: The PAJERO Club by chris81964(m): 11:11pm On Feb 25, 2023
ControlModule:

big congratulations on the latest purchase. can you share more pix of interior and engine bay?
Will take pictures tomorrow.

Re: The PAJERO Club by chris81964(m): 9:15pm On Mar 01, 2023

1 Like

Re: The PAJERO Club by chris81964(m): 6:08pm On Mar 04, 2023
I did a coolant flush. First with liqui Molly and a 2nd with Prestone. After draining with Liqui Molly. Coolant was still green. Réservoir is reddish. I am running it with Prestone for a few days. Then I will do a 50/50 mix. I also did a engine flush using Liqui Molly engine flush. Drove the Pajero for a few days. I drained it today and it was nasty. Very heavy. I used a Mitsubishi filter and Shell Rotella T6 15W40 oil. It has some powerful detergents and it would help clean the engine. I also added 12 oz of Techron fuel system cleaner to the tank. All this I did myself. Earlier in week I replaced four tyres. General Tyre 265 65 17. I also replaced the air filter. It was very dirty.
Coming up a torn boot and spark plugs.
I use an app My Car to track everything that I do on the car.

Re: The PAJERO Club by chccho(m): 8:53pm On Mar 04, 2023
naijadrivablog:
There is one 2005 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.5TDI that has been for sale for months now. No buyer.

It seems Mitsubishi is a dying brand in Naija market. I learnt that Mitsubishis are fragile vehicles.
The reason there's no buyer for this is because it's diesel.
Dying brand ke!!! Whoever told u Mitsubishi is fragile is probably hallucinating.
Mitsubishi, especially the Pajero brand is one of the most rugged, durable, tough SUV i have ever driven. As a matter of fact I think the Pajero is even a better SUV than a Toyota Prado.

1 Like

Re: The PAJERO Club by chccho(m): 8:57pm On Mar 04, 2023
olumzzz:
grin
It's actually 184 bhp sef.
Even my Honda Accord 3.5L v6 gives me 271 bhp.
Hmmn!! pls which particular Honda Accord is this??
Re: The PAJERO Club by kingreign(m): 8:58pm On Mar 04, 2023
chccho:

Dying brand ke!!! Whoever told u Mitsubishi is fragile is probably hallucinating.
Mitsubishi, especially the Pajero brand is one of the most rugged, durable, tough SUV i have ever driven. [s]As a matter of fact I think the Pajero is even a better SUV than a Toyota Prado[/s].
Wrong thinking, Pls rethink again.
There’s a reason why the toyota Prado is very popular in Middle East, Africa, Australia, Eastern Europe etc compared to the Pajero.
Re: The PAJERO Club by chccho(m): 9:11pm On Mar 04, 2023
kingreign:

Wrong thinking, Pls rethink again.
There’s a reason why the toyota Prado is very popular in Middle East, Africa, Australia, Eastern Europe etc compared to the Pajero.
I still disagree sir!!!
After using my Pajero for close to 10yrs (1995/96 model) I can confidently beat my chest and tell u there's no desert it can't cross.
That car was specially built for off road adventures and boy I did have alot of off road experiences with that baby.
As far as I'm concerned the Pajero can go anywhere the Prado can and can't go
Re: The PAJERO Club by kingreign(m): 9:16pm On Mar 04, 2023
chccho:

I still disagree sir!!!
After using my Pajero for close to 10yrs (1995/96 model) I can confidently beat my chest and tell u there's no desert it can't cross.
That car was specially built for off road adventures and boy I did have alot of off road experiences with that baby.

Lol. No need arguing. Try advertising your PAJERO to ISIS, Al-Qaeda, ISWAP, ISIL, Rebel fighters etc grin
Re: The PAJERO Club by chccho(m): 9:21pm On Mar 04, 2023
kingreign:

Lol. No need arguing. Try advertising your PAJERO to ISIS, Al-Qaeda, ISWAP, ISIL, Rebel fighters etc grin
Well Thats not my job and their opinion(s) is not "the standard"

4 Likes

Re: The PAJERO Club by chccho(m): 9:27pm On Mar 04, 2023
dannydevito:
would this serve well as a knockabout for someone into construction
would there be any issue to look out for
This car is one die hard of a vehicle.
I used a 2door manual Pajero of this exact model and that car gave me driving experiences I will never forget.
I will advise u go for it but just make sure the engine and gear box are in great shape, you won't regret it.
Re: The PAJERO Club by kingreign(m): 12:07am On Mar 05, 2023
chccho:

Well Thats not my job and their opinion(s) is not "the standard"

The annual global sales figures and reliability rankings are also worth noting!
Re: The PAJERO Club by chris81964(m): 2:42am On Mar 05, 2023
chccho:

Mitsubishi, especially the Pajero brand is one of the most rugged, durable, tough SUV i have ever driven. As a matter of fact I think the Pajero is even a better SUV than a Toyota Prado.
The person I bought the Pajero from also had a Prado. Guess what they liked the Pajero more

1 Like

Re: The PAJERO Club by chris81964(m): 2:44am On Mar 05, 2023
kingreign:

The annual global sales figures and reliability rankings are also worth noting!
Please give us your source. They have kept the same platform for a while. The people who own them around the world are obsessed by them.

1 Like

Re: The PAJERO Club by chris81964(m): 2:45am On Mar 05, 2023
kingreign:

Very high bar. So terrorists are now car experts.
Re: The PAJERO Club by chris81964(m): 2:47am On Mar 05, 2023
chccho:

I still disagree sir!!!
Toyota builds some incredible vehicles. I am not sure we should be making comparisons. However the Pajero has won the Paris Dakar race more than the Toyota. The 4WD systems in the Mitsubishi is very impressive. If compared to a Toyota of similar engine power the Mitsubishi does very well.

2 Likes

Re: The PAJERO Club by chris81964(m): 2:50am On Mar 05, 2023
HOTARIO:
3.5l V6. Good power
Who does your repairs. I need the upper tie rod boot replaced.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

12 Emergency Essentials You Should Always Keep In Your Car / 10 Ways To Pro-actively Protect Your Car Engine / Does Driving In Neutral Gear Save Fuel ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.