Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,158 members, 7,887,367 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:38 AM

Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! (2314 Views)

Buhari Refuses To Sign 2016 Budget, Returns Document To National Assembly / Buhari Refuses To Meet With Saraki-PUNCH / Election Results, Tompolo Calls For Calm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by agabaI23(m): 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
Only God can help us in Nigeria: Buhari was asked on AlJazeera "with trouble in North by ur supporters, what message do you have for them? Buhari said "l want INEC to explain the results in some polling stations first"
IS THIS RESPOSE FROM BUHARI GOOD ENOUGH TO STOP VIOLENCE NOW?

Is that the kind of president we want?
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by nwabobo: 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2011
agabaI23:

Is that the kind of president we want?

Thank God he didn't win.
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by Nchara: 12:31pm On Apr 18, 2011
Arrant nonsense from Buhari and his mad supporters.
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by okosodo: 12:38pm On Apr 18, 2011
Confirmed
Buhari is a Fanatic like his Moronniicc brothers in the North
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by enohj2ee(m): 12:46pm On Apr 18, 2011
I supported and Voted for Buhari & Bakare and that was my decision, and I have taken it. No one is hurt, no law is broken, whether human or divine. BB WIN or NOT WIN, my Conscience is clear that I voted for the greatest and honest politicians and Leaders that tribe, region and religion and PDP don’t want. But Corruption has no generation, no tribe, nor region and is a common enemy. Sorry Nigerians: another 4 years
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by Mobinga: 12:49pm On Apr 18, 2011
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by agabaI23(m): 12:53pm On Apr 18, 2011
Is this for real or a scene from a nollywood movie?
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by Mobinga: 12:58pm On Apr 18, 2011
Someone in Kaduna posted that on twitter

http://twitter.com/danhausawa
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by vedaxcool(m): 1:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2011/04/201141861014635999.html

Please read that the above article and point where Bukhari Refused to urge for calm, all the respondents that insulted Bukhari- are idiotic morons who rather than asked proof simply swallowed the Op story line hook and sinker is this how foolish you guys actually are? with no respect for truth and honesty? shakes head twice
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by Nchara: 1:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
Wrong picture. That was from a train accident that happened in Port Harcourt (around Mile 1) a few years back. The victim was a girl selling wares on/around the train track who could not get off the track on time before she was crushed
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by squirell5: 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2011
If Buhari cannot call a press conference to hail the best election in 9ja so far & calm the frivolous & inhuman acts of vilolence in the north, then i wonder whether if he is worthy of my vote or our votes, ?
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by agabaI23(m): 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2011
Thanks
Nchara
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by hercules07: 1:11pm On Apr 18, 2011
@Okere

Why should Buhari hail an election that he believes is not free and fair, abeg, let Jonathan act presidential by deploying troops to the hot spots to guarantee lives and property.
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by ayinba1(f): 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2011
If Buhari calls for the rioters to stop for whatever reson, does it not tactically imply that he told them to riot in the first place?

What about Jo Boy? Is he not the PRESIDENT as at this moment?? No one is telling him to do anything. Why

So do we pin the blame of the prior unrest in the North on Buhari too- Jos, Jos agian and again

Buhari is not the C in C, Jonathan is and should step up and arrest the unrest. Quit barking up the wrong tree.
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by ifyalways(f): 1:36pm On Apr 18, 2011
ayinba1:

If Buhari calls for the rioters to stop for whatever reson, does it not tactically imply that he told them to riot in the first place?

What about Jo Boy? Is he not the PRESIDENT as at this moment?? No one is telling him to do anything. Why

So do we pin the blame of the prior unrest in the North on Buhari too- Jos, Jos agian and again

Buhari is not the C in C, Jonathan is and should step up and arrest the unrest. Quit barking up the wrong tree.
@bolded,Awurade ooh shocked shocked shocked

What is Gods name are u saying?Jeez!

So when 2 people are fighting and you step in to ask for ceasefire then you become guilty of inciting the fight

I stopped reading at that line . . . .
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by Muza(m): 1:52pm On Apr 18, 2011
OP u ar a liar,why ddnt u wait till d end of the interview before concluding?
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by hercules07: 1:55pm On Apr 18, 2011
@Ify

Buhari asking for the riots to stop is a good thing but he should not be crucified for the riots, afterall we have a president who should have foreseen a situation like this and prepared accordingly.
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by baslone: 2:09pm On Apr 18, 2011
Is GEJ not man enuff to control the restlessness in the nation! Why Buhari? ?
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by deniyor: 2:12pm On Apr 18, 2011
The North fighting cos their presidential choice in the election lost is not going to make a positive difference in their lives.
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by Dave6: 2:13pm On Apr 18, 2011
Interview or no interview. It is the few cpc supporters that are committing atrocities up and down.
I saw it myself in Borno. Don't worry, GEJ has put the security in place. Enough of the urchins have got their iron deficiency corrected by placing iron tablets in their skulls.
What we're saying is for the so-called mr integrity to come out and condemn such actions by his supporters whether INEC has anything to explain to him or not because the goats feel they are fighting for a sensible person and are risking their lives for nothing.
No one person has a monopoly over violence, they should know!

Do you know persons were caught in Maiduguri with ballot papers thumbprinting for cpc? They were caught and I learnt it was only shown on the local state news.

If you are not liked by people, na by force?
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by ayinba1(f): 2:25pm On Apr 18, 2011
@ifyalways
I do not wish to trade words with you.

The decent thing is to complete reading the post before you comment on it.

No, I do not support violence. But open your mind's eyes and place the reponsibility where it should be.

Buhari did not ask these people to riot and cause unrest. If he decides to say something, fine but he is not required to say so because some people have assumed that these people are CPC supporters.

We all know Northern Nigeria. With this mayhem going on, is a non Northern CPC supporter safe?
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by MaiSuya(m): 2:33pm On Apr 18, 2011
@mobinga, kindly take that picture down. hope you're aware this is a public forum.
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by ifyalways(f): 2:38pm On Apr 18, 2011
hercules07:

@Ify

Buhari asking for the riots to stop is a good thing [/b]but he should not be crucified for the riots, afterall we have a president who should have foreseen a situation like this and prepared accordingly.
Finsh.

please where did i say Buhari should be blamed or held responsible,where  

ayinba1:

@ifyalways
I do not wish to trade words with you.
[b]
The decent thing is to complete reading the post before you comment on it.

No, I do not support violence. But open your mind's eyes and place the reponsibility where it should be.

Buhari did not ask these people to riot and cause unrest. If he decides to say something, fine but he is not required to say so because some people have assumed that these people are CPC supporters.

We all know Northern Nigeria. With this mayhem going on, is a non Northern CPC supporter safe?
Read what ? Please !!!!!!!
Did u per chance read what u posted earlier  

Buhari should not ask/call the rioters to stop else he wud be held liable tactically for inciting violence . . . .The BEST bu.llshit I have seen/read in my life. shocked

We are this hypocritical?

Someone is supposedly fighting your cause and you cannot ask him to stop  

Are we for real here  undecided
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by ifyalways(f): 2:45pm On Apr 18, 2011
To even see the so-called literate ones on NLD making excuses here is disgusting . . .how much more the common almajiri on the street.  angry

Buhari shld not ask for ceasefire cos there is a CIC,he wud be tactically guilty blah blah blah  shocked

What really wud it cost him to step out and publicly accept defeat and declare that he is moving on or pursing his case legally in court . . .If he felt the election was rigged 

We love denials sha  shocked  angry

Most of us have NO conscience,sadly.

what ??  angry
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by Adanora: 2:45pm On Apr 18, 2011
Dont even involve GEJ in dis ooooooooooooooo. Northerners should know dat we av endured them for  thirty sometin years. If they tink they will make dis country ungovernable for our brother GEJ then they had better tink twice , cos we will make North unlivable for them. NO BI ONLY THEM SABI FIGHT OOOOOOOOOOOOOO. RUBBISH
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by ifyalways(f): 2:48pm On Apr 18, 2011
@Mobinga,Kindly remove that pics.

Please!!!!!!!
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by deor03(m): 2:49pm On Apr 18, 2011
[size=13pt]@ MOBINGA

I saw this picture over a year ago.

It was a train accident in Lagos.

Please take it OFF
[/size]
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by dapachez: 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2011
The one who posted that pix should be banned from this forum while heat up the polity. he is a bloody liar why why why all to discredit buhari .God go judge you for peddling lies and i pray Goodluck charges you for treason which i hope you know the penalty. Moderators take appropriate action NOW.THE TIME TO ACT IS NOW OR NEVER
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by Kobojunkie: 3:16pm On Apr 18, 2011
Rioting erupted in several towns in Nigeria's predominantly Muslim north as election officials prepared to release presidential voting results that were likely to keep Goodluck Jonathan, a Christian leader from the south, in charge of Africa's most populous nation.

Allegations of vote rigging led to street riots in various states on Monday, as results showed sharp divisions between the mainly Muslim north and the predominately Christian south.

Protesting youths challenged soldiers deployed to the streets of Nigeria's second-largest city of Kano, and troops sought to push them back, an AFP correspondent said.
[size=13pt]
The violence came as Jonathan of the ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP) took an early unassailable lead in Saturday's presidential election.

Yvonne Ndege, Al Jazeera's correspondent in Abuja, said that at least "six states are up in flames" after preliminary results upset supporters of the incumbent president's main rival, Muhammadu Buhari, in the north.

Several incidents of violence have been reported, including a church being burned down in the state of Kaduna.

Protesters also stopped cars and demanded that passengers express support for Buhari, an ex-military ruler, whose stronghold is in the north.

"Their grievance is this: That this election has been rigged," said Ndege. "They don't believe that the results that have been announced by the country's independent national electoral commission."
[/size]

Is this really the AlJazeera interview the claims expressed by the OP on this thread is supposed to be based on?  Or are we not even going to ask for a news before we plunge into dissect the claim?

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2011/04/201141861014635999.html
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by kasiem(m): 6:05pm On Apr 18, 2011
One of the reasons i voted gej was 4 him to arrest and charge buhari 4 crimes against humanity.BTW, i'd prefer the gov't kept out of this strife so that it'll be fought once and 4 all, so that we know who is who in naija
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by ayinba1(f): 9:30pm On Apr 18, 2011
@ifyalways
My wish is my command.

I asked a question, you turned it into a statement of fact. You lied.

And salam to you too. Tone down your language!
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by Kobojunkie: 9:32pm On Apr 18, 2011
Still no verifiable source provided for the so called claim quoted !!! undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watching Rochas For 2015 Presidency / Is Rochas Okorocha For Real(still Skeptical) / Nigeria Ex-delta State Governor James Ibori Guilty Plea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.