Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,822 members, 7,872,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:10 PM

Swedish Admissions And Student Visa - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Swedish Admissions And Student Visa (129576 Views)

Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Chrishertz8: 10:26pm On Jun 26, 2022
Chrishertz8:
Good morning, pls is it true that embassy is no longer taking micro finance bank statement?

Somebody pls respond cry
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 3:59am On Jun 27, 2022
I doubt
Chrishertz8:

Somebody pls respond cry
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by HeyHey(f): 8:44am On Jun 27, 2022
Lionize:
Hello People, an update on transportation. I just came back from Greece and through Arlanda and can better describe how you leave the airport using the SL bus (the cheapest). As you are leaving, just ask where you get the busses (it is on terminal 4). When you get there, just walk out and look out for a bus booth. The signs will lead you there (local bus is what you look out for). If you are confused, just ask someone where to get the SL bus. Board the bus to Marsta where you ride the train to the city or any other part of stockholm.

The next thing I will pot is about shopping, my experience only.

Cheers people.

Thank you.

Can the SL card be gotten immediately and used that day?, or na queue too?,
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Olafivestar: 9:19am On Jun 27, 2022
Chrishertz8:

Somebody pls respond cry
No they don’t accept MFb anymore
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Chrishertz8: 9:51am On Jun 27, 2022
Olafivestar:

Thanks
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 12:43pm On Jun 27, 2022
why? aren't they licensed banks?
Olafivestar:

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Olafivestar: 1:14pm On Jun 27, 2022
Mobil567:
why? aren't they licensed banks?
when I was interviewed , I was asked why I moved a huge sum from my MFB to fidelity account so the Swedish woman from the other room came in and said MFb isn’t allowed so my interviewer responded saying “ he didn’t tender a MFb statement, I was only asking why a huge sum from his personal MFb was transferred to a fidelity bank.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Temmrow: 2:31pm On Jun 27, 2022
Olafivestar:

when I was interviewed , I was asked why I moved a huge sum from my MFB to fidelity account so the Swedish woman from the other room came in and said MFb isn’t allowed so my interviewer responded saying “ he didn’t tender a MFb statement, I was only asking why a huge sum from his personal MFb was transferred to a fidelity bank.

So please, what is the reason you now have?

Please I need your response, it's very urgent

God bless you
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Temmrow: 2:33pm On Jun 27, 2022
Olafivestar:

The reason you gave?
Thanks as I await your response
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Chrishertz8: 2:46pm On Jun 27, 2022
Olafivestar:

So the statement you tendered was from Fidelity all through, its not that part was from the micro finance bank and the rest from Fidelity?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Temmrow: 2:49pm On Jun 27, 2022
Olafivestar:

Please can we chat privately?

My email: temitopealukog@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Lionize: 8:05pm On Jun 27, 2022
HeyHey:

Thank you.

Can the SL card be gotten immediately and used that day?, or na queue too?,

Sure, just recharge it and boom!

same with the app. You can buy the ticket on the app and it will remain there until you activate it before it starts counting.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Olafivestar: 10:06pm On Jun 27, 2022
Chrishertz8:

So the statement you tendered was from Fidelity all through, its not that part was from the micro finance bank and the rest from Fidelity?
Yes it’s a fidelity statement not mfb
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Olu1992: 1:41pm On Jun 28, 2022
If I transfer money from a mfb bank to my bank account I want to use as prove of fund will there be issues, how do I go about it?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Chrishertz8: 10:32pm On Jun 28, 2022
Olafivestar:

Yes it’s a fidelity statement not mfb

Thanks, the Fidelity bank statement is how many months statement?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by HeyHey(f): 7:59am On Jun 29, 2022
Lionize:

Sure, just recharge it and boom!

same with the app. You can buy the ticket on the app and it will remain there until you activate it before it starts counting.

The reduced fare is for students right?, and can my Naira card fund it. The app asked for Swish

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Lionize: 1:38pm On Jun 29, 2022
HeyHey:

The reduced fare is for students right?, and can my Naira card fund it. The app asked for Swish

Yes, for students.
I don't think your naira card can pay more than 20 usd.
I think you can use card.

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Ferg12: 9:46am On Jun 30, 2022
Hello please does anyone know if Nigerian bank cards can be used to make payment through fly wire is the standard transaction limit going to make it not work?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Ferg12: 2:09pm On Jun 30, 2022
Guys please paying of tuition fee through fly wire they are charging almost extra 1million as rate how is this possible and also is there an alternative way of paying the approximate tuition fee or atleast slightly higher?? Please I need a fast response
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by omoluwabibowale: 5:07pm On Jun 30, 2022
You can only pay through flywire. What you can only do is this?
1. Either select to pay your tuition in Swedish krona or euro/dollar whichever you want then generate your teller and look for a third party to pay for you. In this case either CBN or anyone you trust to charge you a fair price if that exists.

2. Option one is the only way I know.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Ferg12: 5:33pm On Jun 30, 2022
omoluwabibowale:
1. Either select to pay your tuition in Swedish krona or euro/dollar whichever you want then generate your teller and look for a third party to pay for you. In this case either CBN or anyone you trust to charge you a fair price if that exists.

ok so if I get someone from us or Sweden to pay for me the rate is usually lower and payment gets to school almost instantly right?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by alabajay: 5:41pm On Jun 30, 2022
Ferg12:
ok so if I get someone from us or Sweden to pay for me the rate is usually lower and payment gets to school almost instantly right?

The rate is not usually lower man! You have to send the money to the person and if you want a faster mode you have to use blackmarket so it’s all the same thing. And yes if the person pays max 48hours your school should confirm your fees!
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Ferg12: 5:59pm On Jun 30, 2022
alabajay:

The rate is not usually lower man! You have to send the money to the person and if you want a faster mode you have to use blackmarket so it’s all the same thing. And yes if the person pays max 48hours your school should confirm your fees!
ok thanks for this info
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Ferg12: 6:01pm On Jun 30, 2022
omoluwabibowale:

so if I decide to pay via the local Nigeria online bank transfer would it still be the same 48 hours as? So In this thread has done payment with fly wire should enlighten me??
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by omoluwabibowale: 6:57pm On Jun 30, 2022
Ferg12:
so if I decide to pay via the local Nigeria online bank transfer would it still be the same 48 hours as? So In this thread has done payment with fly wire should enlighten me??
Dear broda ferg12, I don’t know how this nairaland works but I will share you my experience.
1. If you are going to pay through FORM A like I did hmm, you will be on the queue which can take forever i.e at any local Nigeria bank expect you bribe just like I did. Boom in 5days money arrived in flywire account.

2. You can also ask someone from abroad to pay for you, which is much easier I think and within 3 working days flywire will be credited. The exchange rate will be a negotiation between you and the person paying on your behalf.

3. Another way I think it can work though I didn’t try it. Is you have a foreign currency account with your local bank, fund it with foreign currency and use your card to pay online via flywire platform.

Warning: Make sure you go through the tuition payment process yourself or aware of the process because should you be ask to go for interview, you will be asked the step by step of how you paid your tuition. Good luck
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Lionize: 7:25pm On Jun 30, 2022
Shopping in Stockholm.
When I arrived newly, my landlord, a Nigerian, took me to two African shops, I bought scumbia fish and Quaker Oats (tin). I was new and didn't pay much attention to the price then. Now I buy swedish oat meal packages in waterproof or paper bags.
But subsequently, I didn't know where those shops were. Then I would visit malls. The popular brands to me here are ICA (has different subs), COOP, City Cross, WIlly:s, Lidl, Pressbyran, 7-Eleven, and others. I repeat, 'popular to me'.

Pressbyran is almost in all train stations.
7-eleven is pretty strewn around (both 7-eleven and pressbyran are in Frecasti campus of SU).

The things to consider when shopping are: proximity, availability, price and variety.

Proximity. When you have emergency, the closest mall may be your best pick, irrespective of all other qualities. That is the reason you need to plan yourself. Ignorance may also confine you to a particular mall, no blames. I was shopping at COOP because it was closest to where I first lived and I had not discovered other big malls, and price sensitivity had not gotten hold of me.

Availability. This is in terms of the mall, timing and products. Pressbyran is about the most available when you are on transit (since they are almost in every train station), but they don't have as much goods as others, and I think they are quite expensive, except for their bannanas (they sell them in singles, and the more the cheaper). 7-eleven also sells bannanas like that. I buy 1L ice cream (vanilla flavour) only at Lidl for 14 kr abi 17kr, na only dem dey satisfy me for that one.

So, for me, out of all these, I settled for WIlly:s and Lidl only, even though I perceive Lidl to be the best (it's a German company). So,I first discovered WIlly:s, but it was far from me. Then I would branch to shop when I'm coming back from work because it was closer to my workplace than home. But if there was ever anything I needed while at home, I strolled to Coop to pick it.

When I discovered Lidl, I did a lot of comparisons and finally settled for Lidl, unless when i need to eat chocolate bar peanuts, or there's no Lidl shop around, then Willy:s. Willy:s membership will enable you enjoy further discounts (but you can't get this without a personnummer).

Lidl and WIlly:s close by 9pm in some locations, and 10pm in others.

African shop
I decided not to care about this anymore because items are just expensive there, I mean stuff you can get in other malls. The only thing that will take me to an African shop is to buy an African food not found elsewhere. Since I arrived sweden, I haven't had any need to visit an African shop. Garri would have been what would always take me there, but 'manna gryn' don substitute for everything eba here for me.

When you go to any shop to buy plastic drinks (like 1,5L sprite), the cost of the empty container is included separately, you can also go trade it when it empty, it costs 2kr.
It is normal for people to buy some stuff and just carry it in their hands and stroll back home. The reason is beause the bag wey dem go use package your stuff if you need (paper or nylon), na buy you go buy am. I dey put extra nylon bags for my backpack now, just incase e plenty pass the bag wey I carry for back. But once in a while, then you may have to buy a bag.

Some places would not take cash if you buy a thing, but these malls where I shop, they take cash as well. If you are in stockholm, reach me and I'll tell you how you can get a debit card quicker than you think.

make sure all your electrical appliances have two round pins (that is their standard here), if not, then you will need an adapter.

If you want to buy phone accessories and some electronics, then Elgigante comes to mind. Kjell & company also, but this people no dey take cash. I remember when I came in, my macbook has 3-pin charger plug. My classmate took me to Kjell to get one and I for no fit buy am if no be for my classmate- she had to pay with her card and then I gave her thecash. I never enter there again.

If you have issues with any appliance in the house, then Bauhus is the place to go, they sell anything there. I don tire.

3 Likes

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Ferg12: 8:19pm On Jun 30, 2022
omoluwabibowale:

Dear broda ferg12, I don’t know how this nairaland works but I will share you my experience.
1. If you are going to pay through FORM A like I did hmm, you will be on the queue which can take forever i.e at any local Nigeria bank expect you bribe just like I did. Boom in 5days money arrived in flywire account.

2. You can also ask someone from abroad to pay for you, which is much easier I think and within 3 working days flywire will be credited. The exchange rate will be a negotiation between you and the person paying on your behalf.

3. Another way I think it can work though I didn’t try it. Is you have a foreign currency account with your local bank, fund it with foreign currency and use your card to pay online via flywire platform.

Warning: Make sure you go through the tuition payment process yourself or aware of the process because should you be ask to go for interview, you will be asked the step by step of how you paid your tuition. Good luck
when I tried to put through online Nigeria bank transfer fly wire gave me a Nigerian bank account detail (wema bank) to transfer the money to I think from there they will convert and send them selves so I don’t think that method will include formA
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by omoluwabibowale: 9:30pm On Jun 30, 2022
Ferg12:
when I tried to put through online Nigeria bank transfer fly wire gave me a Nigerian bank account detail (wema bank) to transfer the money to I think from there they will convert and send them selves so I don’t think that method will include formA

Aha that’s good. I never tried that, which means you’re good. But isn’t it why you screamed about the 1million naira extra.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Ferg12: 10:23pm On Jun 30, 2022
omoluwabibowale:

Aha that’s good. I never tried that, which means you’re good. But isn’t it why you screamed about the 1million naira extra.
lol yeah but unfortunately they said no other way to get a lower exchange rate so I might as well just stick to the first methodsmiley
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Lionize: 2:48pm On Jul 01, 2022
Here, there are second hand stores around. My advice: Before you walk into a second hand store, you may first visit mall of Scandinavia or any other store and look up things (H&M is where I buy my jackets, I now have their membership). Sometimes the second hand clothes are not cheap in comparison, may be better to get a new stuff. Some things are more affordable online.

1 Like

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Victosa: 5:39pm On Jul 01, 2022
Thanks for the update, when you first got to Sweden, how much did you spend on winter clothes and is autumn really cold? Do we need to get at least one jacket before we come.

Lionize:
Here, there are second hand stores around. My advice: Before you walk into a second hand store, you may first visit mall of Scandinavia or any other store and look up things (H&M is where I buy my jackets, I now have their membership). Sometimes the second hand clothes are not cheap in comparison, may be better to get a new stuff. Some things are more affordable online.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Olafivestar: 9:41pm On Jul 01, 2022
Hello everyone , anyone who knows about housing in Orebro ? Kindly share
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (63) (Reply)

Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA / From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story / Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.