Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,658 members, 7,979,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 01:59 AM

Have I Done The Right Things? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have I Done The Right Things? (43247 Views)

Am Just Tired Of Existing. It's Exhausting. What Have I Done? / I Done Enter One Chance Relationship... How Do I Come Out? / New Year 2018: New Opportunities To Do The Right Things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have I Done The Right Things? by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 01, 2021
afoife:
Hello all, I have a staff on my farm whom I have known for sometimes before I employed him. Then I have been supporting him financially in the little way I can until I needed an extra hand, so he joined me.

It was during our conversation that I realized he is actually a bricklayer, I have been able to help him get construction jobs from friends who are civil engineers, but still I noticed he is always broke.

So I asked him how come, or is it that my friend has not been paying? He told me has been getting his wage, so why are you always broke?

He told me it's his family, but I know he is not married, he said it's his mum, she is a.drunk and smokes, this guy is in his mid thirty so I presume the mother should be in the mid fifty (I have never met her)

This guy lives around bere in Ibadan (the mum lives around there also), so I raised funds for him and relocated him to Akala express, and I told him to separate himself from him family members for some time. So he can give directions to his life, which he did and he called me yesterday that he wants to buy a mini gas cylinder as fasting is approaching, but he didn't use his phone, so I asked him of his phone, he said he switched it off as his mum has been disturbing him for money

But just yesterday, I was going to sending money to my mum for weekly upkeep, I felt bad that I advised someone against giving money to his mother and here I am giving to my mother.

Am I doing the right thing?

U did the right thing.
Re: Have I Done The Right Things? by frozen70(f): 9:28pm On May 01, 2021
afoife:
Hello all, I have a staff on my farm whom I have known for sometimes before I employed him. Then I have been supporting him financially in the little way I can until I needed an extra hand, so he joined me.

It was during our conversation that I realized he is actually a bricklayer, I have been able to help him get construction jobs from friends who are civil engineers, but still I noticed he is always broke.

So I asked him how come, or is it that my friend has not been paying? He told me has been getting his wage, so why are you always broke?

He told me it's his family, but I know he is not married, he said it's his mum, she is a.drunk and smokes, this guy is in his mid thirty so I presume the mother should be in the mid fifty (I have never met her)

This guy lives around bere in Ibadan (the mum lives around there also), so I raised funds for him and relocated him to Akala express, and I told him to separate himself from him family members for some time. So he can give directions to his life, which he did and he called me yesterday that he wants to buy a mini gas cylinder as fasting is approaching, but he didn't use his phone, so I asked him of his phone, he said he switched it off as his mum has been disturbing him for money

But just yesterday, I was going to sending money to my mum for weekly upkeep, I felt bad that I advised someone against giving money to his mother and here I am giving to my mother.

You were advicing him to stop sending no money to his mother but you did not try to understand why he keeps sending money steady and what's the use of such money

That why you see when they tell people mind your business
Re: Have I Done The Right Things? by skedy1(m): 10:15am On May 02, 2021
afoife:

I go soon leave this Nairaland for una
Re: Have I Done The Right Things? by Juliearth(f): 10:29am On May 02, 2021
You are a good fellow, judging by this guilt, but you need not work yourself up. Your advise were targeted at your friend having a direction in his life and maybe the absence of cashflow on his mother's part would help her stay clean. You can advise him to help his mum with foodstuffs, however.
Re: Have I Done The Right Things? by Lostchild(m): 11:40am On May 02, 2021
afoife:

Thank you.
Some info is missing up there, the woman from what the guy told me had multiple marriages.

He being the only child the woman had with his father, has some other siblings and they all set the mother up in firewood business, and as expected she couldn't maintain the business and they couldn't have account for investment let alone profit.

I told him to only buy food stuffs and stop sending money and he told me she will throw the food at you and say she can't eat what you have brought.

I suffered many things over the wrong choices of my earthly father.

I have vow that as long as I live, I will never suffers anymore over the wrong Deceision of anyone. Be it wife or children

In this way, I can enjoy my life.
Re: Have I Done The Right Things? by Aarenasbaba(m): 12:29pm On May 02, 2021
Some advise atimes
Re: Have I Done The Right Things? by Aarenasbaba(m): 12:29pm On May 02, 2021
Some advices atimes
Re: Have I Done The Right Things? by Nweike190(m): 3:38pm On May 02, 2021
You are a � devil and you know it..

afoife:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"No! Don't Touch Me There" / Wife Rejects Divorce, Begs Court To Save Marriage / Pastor Divorces Wife Of 21 Years For Sleeping With A Deacon And A Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.