Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,819 members, 7,889,693 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:19 PM

Nigerian Interior Minister Suspended For 'lapses Of Leadership' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Interior Minister Suspended For 'lapses Of Leadership' (1685 Views)

Video-residents Blame Security Operatives For Lapses In Handling Agiliti Violenc / EFCC Quizzes Abba Moro, Ex-interior Minister, Over NIS Recruitment Saga / We’ll Correct The Lapses In The Oil Sector, Says Jonathan-finally Accepting Rot! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Interior Minister Suspended For 'lapses Of Leadership' by Beaf: 3:26pm On Apr 19, 2011
[size=14pt]Nigerian Interior Minister Suspended For 'Lapses Of Leadership'[/size]

IBADAN, Nigeria -(Dow Jones)- Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan on Tuesday ordered the immediate suspension of the country's Interior Minister Emmanuel Iheanacho.

Iheanacho's suspension as minister and member of the Federal Executive Council comes "as a result of lapses in the political leadership of the ministry traceable to his personal and official conduct, according to a statement from Ima Niboro, the president's adviser on the media, which also said Iheanacho " continued manning of the ministry is not in the interest of the nation."

Iheanacho has been directed to hand over to Minister of Labour, Emeka Wogu, who will, in addition to his present portfolio, oversee that ministry.

No other reasons were given for the minister's suspension or whether he would be recalled.

Incumbent President Jonathan was declared winner of Nigeria's presidential elections Monday, but the result was immediately disputed by the man rival, former military ruler Muhammadu Buhari. Groups of young men rioted in several northern Nigerian cities in an apparent protest of the result, despite local and international observers saying the vote was Nigeria's most credible election in decades. Buhari has since publicly disassociated himself from the violence.

-By Obafemi Oredein, contributing to Dow Jones Newswires; 234 2 7510489; obafemioredein@yahoo.com
http://www.nasdaq.com/aspx/stock-market-news-story.aspx?storyid=201104191010dowjonesdjonline000242&title=nigerian-interior-minister-suspended-for-lapses-of-leadership
Re: Nigerian Interior Minister Suspended For 'lapses Of Leadership' by Bisijohn: 4:05pm On Apr 19, 2011
This is the type of President we need. A president full of action,not a weakling. Kindly show all the non-performing Ministers the way out,and bring in tecnocrats who can help build Nigeria. More grease to your elbow.
Re: Nigerian Interior Minister Suspended For 'lapses Of Leadership' by Fhemmmy: 4:08pm On Apr 19, 2011
Let us hope something good will come out of this.
Let us hope that he is really ready for action this time around.
Re: Nigerian Interior Minister Suspended For 'lapses Of Leadership' by Beaf: 4:18pm On Apr 19, 2011
Bisijohn:

This is the type of President we need. A president full of action,not a weakling. Kindly show all the non-performing Ministers the way out,and bring in tecnocrats who can help build Nigeria. More grease to your elbow.

We Nigerians are just impatient sha. lol
I believe Jonathan is going to be much less hampered this time, especially once his new cabinet is in place and sabotage from Yar Adua cabal people within is eliminated.
Re: Nigerian Interior Minister Suspended For 'lapses Of Leadership' by monkeyleg: 4:27pm On Apr 19, 2011
@Beaf, your Oga do win now, your voice don dey strong. Warri man. meanwhile how far now with Uduaghan, we go kick dat one commot abi? Udu broda do enter Jette na im go follow. I beg help me tell goddie say we no want am. i thibk i promise u Doris be4 abi na Mercy?
Re: Nigerian Interior Minister Suspended For 'lapses Of Leadership' by EkoIle1: 4:36pm On Apr 19, 2011
Which one be suspension? What about just firing him?

Yeye people dey do post election grah grah, lmao,
Re: Nigerian Interior Minister Suspended For 'lapses Of Leadership' by Fhemmmy: 4:39pm On Apr 19, 2011
Beaf:

We Nigerians are just impatient sha. lol
I believe Jonathan is going to be much less hampered this time, especially once his new cabinet is in place and sabotage from Yar Adua cabal people within is eliminated.

I am really hoping he would do all that.
Cos he has the opportunity to fire all the cabinets that were surrounding him that were loyal to Yaradua and wont give him space to deliver, but he failed.
But willing to give him time to see what would change
Re: Nigerian Interior Minister Suspended For 'lapses Of Leadership' by Beaf: 4:39pm On Apr 19, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Beaf, your Oga do win now, your voice don dey strong. Warri man. meanwhile how far now with Uduaghan, we go kick dat one commot abi? Udu broda do enter Jette na im go follow. I beg help me tell goddie say we no want am. i thibk i promise u Doris be4 abi na Mercy?

I'm happy with the balancing act that Uduaghan represents, its healthy for the state. If he is to be replaced, then its got to be by an Isoko or Igbo man otherwise a huge proportion of Deltans will feel they don't belong. DPP when you de support na Urhobo peeps full am.

My prayer instead is that GEJ signs the FOI bill pretty sharply and makes it kick off from May 29 or thereabouts, then the corrupt would have fewer hiding places and be forced to perform. All in all though, Ogboru is an infinitely better candidate who would do wonders for the state.

Bros, just know all these Dorris and Mercy promises must one day come to pass o! grin
Re: Nigerian Interior Minister Suspended For 'lapses Of Leadership' by Odunnu: 4:42pm On Apr 19, 2011
If you know Goodluck well and that hs Oronto Douglas aide, you'l know he's a strong no nonsense man.
Kudos mahn. Kick them all out lets make Nigeria the most desirable in a few years to come
Re: Nigerian Interior Minister Suspended For 'lapses Of Leadership' by monkeyleg: 4:45pm On Apr 19, 2011
@Beaf,

for all the fight wey me and u get for this forum, you remains my bro, so better dey for you no worry. As long as we get rid of Uduaghan who is only interested in balancing his pocket, then all is well.

the Urhobo boy and girls in DPP we can work with, including Ogboru, he knows that. I believe he will bring a more unifying presence to the state. uduaghan and the ghost of ibori has been bad news for everyone, including the good Itsekiri people he claims to represent.

No worry, once dem annouce result on saturday to my satisfaction, i go give u mercy number. I dey her home town right now
Re: Nigerian Interior Minister Suspended For 'lapses Of Leadership' by dayokanu(m): 4:54pm On Apr 19, 2011
So is this a tacit admmitance that the issue/riots was not handled properly?

Where are those cretins screaming yesterday that govt did all it could do regarding the riots?

Instead of passing the blame to Buhari or CPC,

GEJ has just done what he should have in the first place. Whoever is in charge should be fired for incompetence. I don't expect GEJ himself to go there and do the peace keeping but the minister who was in charge should be dismissed.

First step in the right direction to address the issue. Now we have to learn from this and whoever the new minster is should know that things don change no time for "sme sme" especially with issues involving security of lives and properties
Re: Nigerian Interior Minister Suspended For 'lapses Of Leadership' by Beaf: 4:56pm On Apr 19, 2011
Fhemmmy:

I am really hoping he would do all that.
Cos he has the opportunity to fire all the cabinets that were surrounding him that were loyal to Yaradua and wont give him space to deliver, but he failed.
But willing to give him time to see what would change

He did not fail.
Did you witness the riots in the North, the bombings and massacres in Jos? Or how there was jubilation in Kano at the sight of military jets in the sky, because the people thought a coup had taken place? You don't solve such problems by firing people and making them resort to cruder means of dissent. No, you hold them close and make them think you can't see their vile actions.
A practical idea of how such dissent would have been received in the core-North was presented with the way rioting took off after the election. They really gave a vivid view of the support such crude methods would have gained in the core North, mix that with upcoming elections and you have an unimaginably explosive situation.

Jonathans trick was to defeat those people intellectually on all fronts, while playing the fool. Has it worked? lol! Like a magic trick, it has!
The President is displaying a new form of civilised, highly effective leadership that is alien to the battered and traumatised Nigerian street, nevertheless, its one that is appreciated and which we will see emulated by many. No more military frog-jump methods or "Do you know who I am? I will lock up your family" style methods; they are backward, uncivilsed and have no place in the new Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Interior Minister Suspended For 'lapses Of Leadership' by Odunnu: 4:58pm On Apr 19, 2011
Hey DK! @least you aint retarded. Other proBB guys wont admit ths
Re: Nigerian Interior Minister Suspended For 'lapses Of Leadership' by monkeyleg: 5:02pm On Apr 19, 2011
well, we really need to take security seriously from now on. We really need to start looking after our own
Re: Nigerian Interior Minister Suspended For 'lapses Of Leadership' by Beaf: 5:05pm On Apr 19, 2011
monkeyleg:

No worry, once dem annouce result on saturday to my satisfaction, i go give u mercy number. I dey her home town right now

Lol!
. . .And it came to pass that Beaf was c*mpr*mised. wink
Re: Nigerian Interior Minister Suspended For 'lapses Of Leadership' by Remii(m): 5:06pm On Apr 19, 2011
What a good place to start the clean up, SE with their 99% votes for "darling" GEJ. I pray he has the gut to continue doing the right thing no matter whose horse is gored.
Re: Nigerian Interior Minister Suspended For 'lapses Of Leadership' by monkeyleg: 5:38pm On Apr 19, 2011
@Beaf,

No be com***, it comes with the territory. I go even throw 40k naira join am, plus 2 cartons of Odeku. Once the result come through I go send you 2 pichure make u pick the one wey u want
Re: Nigerian Interior Minister Suspended For 'lapses Of Leadership' by Beaf: 5:55pm On Apr 19, 2011
^
40k? lol
I will accept the odeku my broda.

monkeyleg:

well, we really need to take security seriously from now on. We really need to start looking after our own

Yes, the Interior Minister really messed up big time, especially with allowing the election riots happen at all. Everyone knew what was coming, the man was probably a 5th columnist.
Re: Nigerian Interior Minister Suspended For 'lapses Of Leadership' by Kilode1: 6:15pm On Apr 19, 2011
Beaf:

My prayer instead is that GEJ signs the FOI bill pretty sharply and makes it kick off from May 29 or thereabouts, then the corrupt would have fewer hiding places and be forced to perform. All in all though, Ogboru is an infinitely better candidate who would do wonders for the state.

Bros, just know all these Dorris and Mercy promises must one day come to pass o! grin

As long as he signs the real FOI bill, not the adjusted one PDP was trying to force down our throat.

hey, Bros must support Ogboru by fire by force, anyway, e be like sey you don gree already wink

@Topic, He needs to fire the laggard outrightly and make sure we see justice for the victims, no more mere talk.

I have no pity for those thieveing politicians who lost their houses though.
Re: Nigerian Interior Minister Suspended For 'lapses Of Leadership' by Beaf: 6:29pm On Apr 19, 2011
Kilode?!:

As long as he signs the real FOI bill, not the adjusted one PDP was trying to force down our throat.

hey, Bros must support Ogboru by fire by force, anyway, e be like sey you don gree already wink

@Topic, He needs to fire the laggard outrightly and make sure we see justice for the victims, no more mere talk.

I have no pity for those thieveing politicians who lost their houses though.

I don't know Sambo to be a thief, he is a very decent man; it should have been IBB, Atiku, Ciroma etc losing their lives and property.
Re: Nigerian Interior Minister Suspended For 'lapses Of Leadership' by monkeyleg: 6:38pm On Apr 19, 2011
@Beaf, which one u dey, the 40K is to assist you give her a good time.

Anyway, like i have always said, it is in everyone interest the goddie does well, and I just have this feeling he will.

Someone put in succiently " a case of you have to join them to beat them".
Re: Nigerian Interior Minister Suspended For 'lapses Of Leadership' by Kilode1: 7:33pm On Apr 19, 2011
Beaf:

I don't know Sambo to be a thief, he is a very decent man; it should have been IBB, Atiku, Ciroma etc losing their lives and property.

I'm sure the people of his state know him better than we do. I cannot absolve any Nigeria gov of that.

So if the kids they failed to educate and provide employment for can burn the stolen money out of their hands once in a while, it will be great till we get a more effective, more transparent government. As long as they don't kill people, I really feel no pity for the likes of Sambo.
Re: Nigerian Interior Minister Suspended For 'lapses Of Leadership' by Eziachi: 7:41pm On Apr 19, 2011
Even when the champagne bottle is still foaming, the first thank you gesture for the millions of our vote from our much loved and begotten foreign son GEJ.
The first Igbo man bite the dust even before dawn. tongue tongue tongue

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It That Only Fashola Get To Be On The Front Page? / Reps Bow To Pdp, Appoint Akande-adeola House Leader / List Of African Countries By Literacy Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.