Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,703 members, 7,930,418 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 05:44 PM

A POS Agent Has Just Been Defrauded. - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A POS Agent Has Just Been Defrauded. (3247 Views)

Banker Caught By EFCC Selling New Naira Notes To POS Agent / I Have Just Been Defrauded By A Staff In A General Hospital / I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A POS Agent Has Just Been Defrauded. by MansoryMX(m): 11:00pm On Apr 16, 2021
A guy and 4 of his friends or I will say gang walked into my office to purchase an iPhone XMax (Then it was newly launched cost a whopping 450k plus). As God will have it I just got it and noticed the drama scene which they normally use as distraction. He made a fake alert transfer and starts causing drama as a decoy. I just logged in my bank app instantly and caught them! Omoooo the full plaza na gather best them to almost half dead before police came to whisked them away!

1 Like

Re: A POS Agent Has Just Been Defrauded. by nedekid: 11:39pm On Apr 16, 2021
uruba23:
Wait did she not count the money because I am not understanding the 100 naira story, abi baba come test jazz.
No be jazz, it's usually a sleight of hand.
Re: A POS Agent Has Just Been Defrauded. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 16, 2021
nedekid:

No be jazz, it's usually a sleight of hand.
well it is possible, i have been distracted like that before,use vex collect my money, only to be shortchanged by $100 by one Jalabiya wearing monkey .
Re: A POS Agent Has Just Been Defrauded. by nedekid: 11:53pm On Apr 16, 2021
uruba23:

well it is possible, i have been distracted like that before,use vex collect my money, only to be shortchanged by $100 by one Jalabiya wearing monkey .
Exactly, that is what those fx guys around airport hotel and Allen Avenue axis did those days. Same thing they do in computer village where you buy phone, take it home and find out you bought fufu. Heck my formers drivers brother that came visiting in Lagos bought cloths in traffic, got home and saw rags.

1 Like

Re: A POS Agent Has Just Been Defrauded. by nedekid: 11:56pm On Apr 16, 2021
Otuegbe:
not juju.The guy purposely created atmosphere of confusion when he refused to pay the originally agreed 1k. During that 10-20mins agurment, he swapped the original money the lady must have counted and gave her the replica. Which looks like the same bundle.
Old trick

The guy will move to another location and continue with his crime .
One day he will be caught.
You hot it right.
Possibly the account the guy got the money transfered to will be another pos agent he collected account from to receive transfer from his "bloda".

1 Like

Re: A POS Agent Has Just Been Defrauded. by ictjobber: 12:33am On Apr 17, 2021
Thylord:
Yesterday being 15 april.a guy came to her shop to deposit 95000 to his bank account.the lady charge him 1000 for her transaction service after counting the money.the guy refuse and say he is going to pay 700 and collected his money back.the lady has to call his elder brother who is the owner of the business and he told her to collect the 700 like that since the market is dull generally.the lady collected the money perform the transaction and the guy left only for her check the money after 5 minutes and she found out that what the guy actually gave her was 12000 the guy use four pieces of 1000 naira note and cover the other 100 naira note.
She has been crying since yesterday.i will attach the transaction details and the money in question.she has gone to zenith Bank this morning and she was told to go and get police report and some other details too.pls I want to know is there anyway she can get her money back.

Pls seun I will this to get to front page for wide view and audience.

Please pardon any typo error.

When a fool is kept in charge of a shop, criminals rejoice
Re: A POS Agent Has Just Been Defrauded. by lawalosky(m): 3:58am On Apr 17, 2021
My own experience guys,
He came ask me if I collect transfer, that devil wey just enter me that day, I said yes. He made first transfer of 35k, and showed me debit alert, I didn't see any, immediately he repeatedly another one, show me a debit and balance of almost a million, in fact he was making a fake call like a real business man, he trick me gaving him money for one of the transactions, hoping that when the 2 drop I will transfer one back him, he called my business line and even gave me his bank account. As soon as he left my shop, he switched off his phone and later he blocked my number, I tried calling him with my mtn line he stile block it again, I tried creating a thread because of my ordeal here.
This the fraudster phone number 09138287948, his name is MOSES INNOCENT ONOS, you can call it, he will still block you.
And here is his bank account he gave me to transfer the money back to him 3174235168 first bank, Moses Innocent Onos, this transaction happened on 11/4/2021,
I went to court to obtain caurt other only to discover judiciary are on strike, though I have reported it to the police, I don't know because they haven't given me any feedback yet. I don't even care about my 35k but innocent people who will still fall to this guy trick.
. This thing happen to me somewhere in Abuja,
Re: A POS Agent Has Just Been Defrauded. by 2shaw: 6:03am On Apr 17, 2021
Went to sabo to change 150$,aboki count am e complete,I count am,as I dey count am he distracted me. When I got home,my money less by 3k. The thing shock me
Re: A POS Agent Has Just Been Defrauded. by adesupo2018: 7:44am On Apr 17, 2021
yeah i almost had similar experience with an aboki dollar exchanger on allen avenue at night recently. I parked to request for a change and the boki ran to me telling me an exchange rate a bit higher than the usual exchange rate. We bargained and agreed on the said price, i gave him the dollar , he gave me the naira note but it was not complete. Was missing about 3k or 4k so while i was counting , he went to the front of my car to use the head light of the car to check the originality of the dollar i gave to him where as have changed the original dollar to a fake in the process. When he came back he asked if the money is complete, i told him No that it has 4k shortage , i was about handling the naira notes back to him before a friend beside me said i shouldn't that he should just go that we will be okay with the shortage but he insisted that he counts the money and in the process have dropped the dollar ( fake now ) bank to my friends hand. So if he had succeeded in getting the naira notes back, he will just say he doesn't feel safe exchanging with us anymore or tell us he made a mistake in the exchange rate and gave us a ridiculous one in which in process we would drive away in annoyance with the fake dollar. I learnt a new lesson that night.
Re: A POS Agent Has Just Been Defrauded. by yetunsbay(m): 8:57am On Apr 17, 2021
This country can never be good more than this.

Someone that steals/defraud can kill

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Families Count Losses, Cry To Efcc As Ponzi Firm Elopes With 7.5 Billi / Man Caught Bonking His Mother, Claims It Boosts His Business / Slay Queen Inside Evil Forest..... Doing This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.