Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,008 members, 7,987,605 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 01:19 PM

Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 (21315 Views)

Senators Exchange Blows As Biafra Mentioned / Drama As Biafra Agitators Take On Buhari At His Hotel In London / Catholic Priest Emerges Biafra-INEC Chairman, As Biafra Plans Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 08, 2007
Xris74:

@Ono,

Apology to a poor student who argues unintelligently with his lecturer? Are you kidding me? That said, I am almost certain that Ono is from Delta state and an urhobo. They are the usually stupidly stubborn folks. One more reason the Igbo and Yoruba should give him a wide berth. Hear! Hear.

I don't think so.
He once referred fondly to Ken saro wiwa and used the pronoun "we" so he must be from Old rivers state.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Planner(m): 8:58pm On Aug 08, 2007
Ono is from Urhobo in Delta state. Ono you will not get an apology. I know you must be enjoying the speculation on your ethnic origin.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by laudate: 10:31pm On Aug 08, 2007
What does Ono's ethnic background have to do with this debate?? Oh, I get it. Someone wants to turn this whole debate into an Ono's ethnic group vs. Our own ethnic group contest. What a brilliant idea!!

Oya, make una start di show. Na me go collect tickets for dis corner. . . . . wink
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Nobody: 1:45am On Aug 09, 2007
Planner:

Ono is from Urhobo in Delta state. Ono you will not get an apology. I know you must be enjoying the speculation on your ethnic origin.

since when did Urhobo people start their own Igbo hating,when did they get nails to scratch with lipsrsealed
wetin concern uchicha with motorcycle?
Are they the ones on speed boats kidnapping little kids?
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Nobody: 1:56am On Aug 09, 2007
from ono

You want make I tell you now so that you go go tell Ojukwu and company to go and pollute their minds? Anyways, just to let you in on one that's popular. Ken Saro Wiwa style did not pay much at the time because we were under military regime. We will still largely adopt his tactics, especially now that we are in a democratic settings. That's why you see, education is the key. Our people need to be enlightened to move ahead.

And that's why I'm amazed at you guys because a lot of you in the 60s were well educated. So, I'm still wondering how Ojukwu managed to pull a fast one on you guys and you fell very hard for it.

That's the bit I can let you in on at this time. Takia.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by grafikdon: 5:11am On Aug 09, 2007
Urhobo people are one of the most detribalized Nigerians in existence. This is not to say that every Urhobo man is a saint, but the vast majority look beyond tribe. I have dealt with many of them and I am still shocked there are people like that in Nigeria. The only person I can entrust with all my secrets here in New York is an Urhobo guy. They are cool just like that, there is even one Urhobo babe I been dey eye like hawk tay tay grin grin. I think Denex is Urhobo, I could be wrong though.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by ono(m): 7:43am On Aug 09, 2007
Interesting! But, of a truth, Ono is not Urhobo. And like Laudate said earlier, I will not allow the relative peace we have now to deteriorate to another Igbo Vs ?? bashing - and please I'm not Itsekiri either!

If you guys are still interested in talking about the Biafran War, make una carry go!
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by ebos(m): 8:16am On Aug 09, 2007
Now you guys are getting the points. There is nothing wrong to quarrel, but there must be a limit of everything because we are not enemies on this forum. I have disagreed with a few people on some threads in the past while at the same time agreed with them on some. Do you know the person you are seeing as enemy on this forum could be that person you once said God bless you for your kindness to me sometime ago? Do you know the person could be your close neighbour behind your street and have related well with him or her in the past? That is why we must disagree and quarrel with minimal force but not see ourselves as enemies. You can make your point and also correct where you feel someone is wrong but don’t curse.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 09, 2007
laudate:

What does Ono's ethnic background have to do with this debate?? Oh, I get it. Someone wants to turn this whole debate into an Ono's ethnic group vs. Our own ethnic group contest. What a brilliant idea!!

Oya, make una start di show. Na me go collect tickets for this corner. . . . . wink

I think you should be man enough to abuse anybody if that makes you happy than formenting trouble for others.

I think Afam is right, you are the worst Igbo hater on this thread but will not say it. I think you are more dangerous than ONO.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Xris74: 10:45am On Aug 09, 2007
mikeansy:

I think you should be man enough to abuse anybody if that makes you happy than formenting trouble for others.

I think Afam is right, you are the worst Igbo hater on this thread but will not say it. I think you are more dangerous than ONO.

True talk. People who hide under the shadow of the internet to spew their hatred and pretencious existence. Hell fire on earth awaits them.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by grafikdon: 11:04am On Aug 09, 2007
Chei my pipulu, like Ono said, let's not allow the relative peace we have now deteriorate into another Igbo versus them. Una no like am when we all sit round a table cracking jokes and eating mangala and nkwobi with John Udoye fresh palm wine to wash am down? Me I like am o. cheesy
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by doyin13(m): 11:07am On Aug 09, 2007
Ummmmmmmmmm

Nkwobi

What I would do to have some Nkwobi soup?
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Afam(m): 11:19am On Aug 09, 2007
mikeansy:

Thank God people are beginning to see Laudate for what he is.

I prefer to relate with Ono 1000 times over than relate with Laudate because anyone that vents his anger using words or actions is far better than one that will pretend that all is well while harboring deep rooted hatred towards you.

In Laudate I have seen enough, I am actually looking for a blindfold this minute.

My message to all Igbo haters remain:

LOVE THE IGBOS OR HATE THEM, YOU CANNOT IGNORE THEM, NEVER.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by ono(m): 1:09pm On Aug 09, 2007
Well, I'm Isoko - for those who care to know.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 09, 2007
ono:

u are welcome, but most importantly you are Nigerian.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by youngies(m): 1:38pm On Aug 09, 2007
ono:

Awwww, so bad, an Isoko colleague of mine that has been following your posts now feels so sad and downcast that he is from the same area with you.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Xris74: 1:53pm On Aug 09, 2007
No wonder! grin grin

One Peter Esiri who was my father's neighbour when we lived at the NNPC quarters in Eleme, near PH said similar things about the Igbo. It is generic vintage Isoko. Please can anyone remind me of any Isoko indigene of note? Can't remember any. grin grin
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by doyin13(m): 1:57pm On Aug 09, 2007
Pardon my ignorance.

Isoko is Edo State right?
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by youngies(m): 2:01pm On Aug 09, 2007
Ignorance pardoned! cheesy

Isoko is in Delta State
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Xris74: 2:04pm On Aug 09, 2007
No. Its Delta
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by ebos(m): 2:27pm On Aug 09, 2007
Not Delta, Isoko is old Bendel State
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by doyin13(m): 2:42pm On Aug 09, 2007
You guys never disappoint.

You manage to disagree over the minutest of details

Keep it up grin
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by ebos(m): 2:44pm On Aug 09, 2007
dimka:

old bendel is part of Delta,Isoko is still in Delta State.

No, Isoko was in Delta state, but presently Old Bendel State

doyin13:

You guys never disappoint.

You manage to disagree over the minutest of details

Keep it up grin

Abi o, the guy can't get grin
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by ebos(m): 2:54pm On Aug 09, 2007
dimka:

,what state is Isoko now.

I have told you before and this will make it three times - Isoko is Old Bendel State now. I hope you don't argue this simple truth? Can't you get it?
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Xris74: 3:25pm On Aug 09, 2007
Dimka is an slowpoke. He can't grasp even the simplest joke? grin
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 09, 2007
Isoko?what are the towns in Isoko?
and how does one get there from Asaba?
How many people are there sef in this minority tribe that warrants such hatred ?,what relationship do they have with Igbos? grin

It's amazing when one is being hated by people that don't even know of their existence
Go to my hometown and say you're Isoko,the average grandmama will thing you said Isi okuko grin

I can understand Igbo hatred by some  Hausa, some Yoruba and even Ijaw,Igbo and Igboid people of Rivers state.
Which one be Isoko again?
Are they still crying over Asaba being the capital of delta. grin grin

, schooled at Uniben,met Isoko people but never a hateful one
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by doyin13(m): 5:10pm On Aug 09, 2007
Ol bob Naija diverse o.

Na which ones be Igboid ppl now?
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by naijaking1: 5:14pm On Aug 09, 2007
@babyosisi

Is Babypassionate the meaning of your name?
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 09, 2007
naijaking1:

@babyosisi

Is Babypassionate the meaning of your name?

lol,I can imagine being ridiculed by a Calabar or gboko man,we are neigbors and inlaws so we can yab ourselves.
being made fun of by someone that I probably cannot pick out his tribe from his name is flat out ridiculous.
Is there any place in Nigerian history that Igbos have had anything overtly to do with Isoko people that'll warrant
him analysing Igbos and calling us names.

I deserve an apology from Ono.

doyin13:

Ol bob Naija diverse o.

Na which ones be Igboid people now?

that is a whole 'nother thread honey.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by ebos(m): 5:42pm On Aug 09, 2007
dimka:

yawn @ Wazobia,The Northerners are the real Majority in Nigeria.

No, don't say Northerners but say Hausa/Fulani. When you say North (as a whole), then you have to say South (as a whole). There many ethnic groups in the Northern part of Nigeria just as we have in the southern part of Nigeria.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by doyin13(m): 5:44pm On Aug 09, 2007
But i thought all northerners had one thing in common

Cattle herding
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by ebos(m): 5:46pm On Aug 09, 2007
Benue, Kogi etc?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Agony On Shagamu-ogijo mosinmi-ikorodu Road / Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget / Uzodinma: Ihedioha’s Bid To Reverse Supreme Court Judgement Based On Falsehood

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.