Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,513 members, 7,929,678 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 07:28 PM

Treaty of Cession-The Agreement That Enslaved Lagos To Britain Forever! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Treaty of Cession-The Agreement That Enslaved Lagos To Britain Forever! (368 Views)

Lagos Was Owned By The British For 99years- Rufai Shares Treaty Cession Document / Throwback Photo Of When Tinubu Signed The Agreement To Establish LFTZ / Osibanjo Was On Panel That Enslaved Lagos To Tinubu Alpha Beta At 10% Commission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Treaty of Cession-The Agreement That Enslaved Lagos To Britain Forever! by irririchris(m): 11:20am On Apr 18, 2021
The Treaty of Cession, 6 August 1861

Article I
Paragraph 4 states "I, Docemo, do, with the consent and advice of my Council, give, transfer, and by these presents grant and confirm unto the Queen of Great Britain, her heirs, and successors forever, the port and Island of Lagos with all the rights, profits, territories, and appurtenances whatsoever thereunto belonging, and as well the profits and revenue as the direct, full, and absolute dominion and sovereignty of the said port, island, and premises, with all royalties thereof, freely, fully and entirely and absolutely. I do also covenant and grant that the quiet and peaceable possession thereof shall with all possible speed, be freely and effectually delivered to the Queen of Great Britain, or such person as Her Majesty shall thereunto appoint for her use in the performance of this grant; the inhabitants of said island and territories, as the Queen’s subjects, and under her sovereignty, Crown, jurisdiction, and government, being still suffered to live there.

Full Citation on- http://chrisdaramola.com.ng/treaty-of-cession-the-agreement-that-enslaved-lagos-to-britain-forever/

Previous Post- https://www.nairaland.com/3378916/lagos-treaty-cession-genesis-british
Re: Treaty of Cession-The Agreement That Enslaved Lagos To Britain Forever! by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 18, 2021
Every treaty expires after 100 years.
Now 160 years.
Not a news that King Docemu ceded Lagos to British in 1860 under deception and duress.
UK amalgamated Nigeria in 1914 which also expired in 2014.
The validity of Certificate of Occupancy also expires after 99 years.
Re: Treaty of Cession-The Agreement That Enslaved Lagos To Britain Forever! by orikoku: 2:15pm On Apr 18, 2021
All those are now null and void.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Kiss Mazi Nnamdi Kanu / NPA Appoints 4 Gms, 8 Agms – Official / My Advice To Southern Nigerian Who Still In Nigeria Armforces.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.