Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,496 members, 7,951,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:54 AM

The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) (14103 Views)

Hausas And Fulanis In Enugu Taking Refuge In Army Barracks - Ekweremmadu / Ambode Has Just Sold Us To The Hausas In Mile 12 / Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by omenala(m): 1:10pm On Apr 22, 2011
@ ndu chuks, i giv up, SMH

@ Murtalaa, i understand how it feels. There's a south african saying that goes 'There cannot be love where there has been blood'. So northerners like you or buhari shouldn't expect us not to harbour bitterness against you guys. I was in owerri during the presidential elections, all political parties held a last minute meeting & agreed to support gej. Cpc should get this into their head, We did not rig! Buhari was lucky to even get the few votes he got. I repeat, the way you love buhari in the north is different from the way we view him over here. We no send buhari period!
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 22, 2011
well,i have  done no accusing, yet. but ask yourself what you ought to do about this.what have the so-called good mallams ever done to prevent recurrences.
quite frankly your hand -wringing righteousness is vile to my senses.  i do not see you lot as brothers or compatriots but as a terrible  affliction from god. a pestilence and a damnation,a disease with no cure.
believe me after this last incident the toothpaste is out of the tube.and will never return
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by murtalaa(m): 1:31pm On Apr 22, 2011
iwonbaoko:

well,i have done no accusing, yet. but ask yourself what you ought to do about this.what have the so-called good mallams ever done to prevent recurrences.
quite frankly your hand -wringing righteousness is vile to my senses. i do not see you lot as brothers or compatriots but as a terrible affliction from god. a pestilence and a damnation,a disease with no cure.
believe me after this last incident the toothpaste is out of the tube.and will never return

C'mmon it that all you've got? Let it out, all of it. I refuse to descend to your level.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by AljUche: 1:35pm On Apr 22, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Friends, beware of wolves in sheeps' clothing. nuff said.

Let me just add to the criticsm of so-called Northern leaders. They have indeed failed Northerners and indeed all Nigerians, but if we must castigate them, we must also  include their co-conspirators from the West, East, and South in the castigation. These political elite have everything in common, they benefit immensely from the oil wealth and other resources of Nigeria, they do not care about the poor masses, and continue to oppress the most marginalized Nigerians i.e. the almajiris of the North and the common man of the ND.

Over $15billion have been spent by the Federal ministry of education in the past 12 years. Is that not enough to provide adequate and free education to every single Nigerian?  The average salary plus fringe benefits of senators/reps is well over $1million/year, yet they have not found it necessary to inact laws which would mandate, primary education.

You people should direct your anger towards your leaders who hail from every area of Nigeria and leave the almajiris out of your criticisms. The almajiris are victims and deserve our understanding. When you subject any human being to the kind of oppression and neglect that they have experienced, the behavior you get from them is completely expected and predictable.

The real murderers are the riggers and the authorities who expected the recent violence but took no action to curtail it. The blood of every Nigerian who was killed is in their hands.

u have said it all
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by springtime(m): 1:38pm On Apr 22, 2011
Honestly, i must say that sometimes, i find no rational explanation to the killing orgies that is a common occurrence in the North. It is not a problem of poverty or lack of Education, but a deep seated feeling of inferiority and barbaric inclination particularly predominant in the Hausa tribe. Otherwise, how can you explain these; An election result turned out the way you don't want, their response, killing spree of innocent people in cold blood, Someone drew a picture of Mohammed in far away Denmark, response, killing of Christians and southerners in the North here in Nigeria. I don't think we have to blame the politicians and the Imams, because there are equally bad politicians and Imams here in the south, why are they not able to mobilize people to start killing here. My reason for also concluding that it is an hausa problem is this, consider the other so called Northern states like Taraba, Nassarawa, Kogi, Kwara, Benue where Hausas are not the predominant tribe, you will see that these places do not witness such barbarism. I think the Hausas should work on getting a cure to this there bloodletting disease. To the southerners, rather than allowing ourselves to be infected with this Hausa disease, i think we must innoculate ourselves and stand out as the light we truly are to this country.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 22, 2011
a few years back this same scum went into a school in lagos and cut the throats of school children because of a dispute over who should control mile 12 market. then we are told oh it is a minority of misguided elements.we have our share of those too but they never stoop so low.

anyway we know what to do so let us not waste time here.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by namfav(m): 1:49pm On Apr 22, 2011
people generalize nrotherners too much in general we don't have ills against southerners, of course there are filth like ezeuche but we know there are many others who are good hearted, it is this platform that you can get people like ezeuche, udezue, iwonbaoko, justcash, arosa etc. who i wish can just be driven into the atlantic, we don't need these people in nigeria, they will be happy if there is a war because they will not be on the frontlines
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by blasterman(m): 1:50pm On Apr 22, 2011
Is Naija story turning to what happend in the USA when there was a divide  between the south and the north over the issue of slavery.  Now Nubian brothers and sisters are fighting themselves over another man cultures  and faith. Faith either christainity or islam is the pratice of mind over matter where the mind is the attracting force.

It is not until we have war then our eyes will clear.

Pls let this caricature stop

I think the imams and clerics in the north need to be called together and spoken to on the needs to demand better governance from their leaders and also making the north a farming and crop harvesting zone

Pls let this caricature stop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcqamwbYkQY&playnext=1&list=PLF245ADDFACBE0C69
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by lastpage: 1:54pm On Apr 22, 2011
I have read TWO VERY BRILLIANT CONTRIBUTIONS FROM "HAUSA-MUSLIMS" in the persons of "gadogado" and "Ibrahim A"

For gadogado, some of his assertions are not entirely correct but there are many correct ones there.
Examples:
It never fails to have my ribs crack ingwhenever southerners try to analyze the north, you know so little of it, about it, its history and even the religion. You draw (especially beaf) the most ignorant generalizations and stereotypes an individual with a brain could possibly muster. Its beyond imagination.
Just to correct some misconceptions.

1)The average northerner would be the happiest man alive if this country were to split. He wants a muslim nation with a muslim ummah, thats preferable to him.
True, the average Northerner does not give a hoot whether we split or not, he does not benefit from the looting perpetrated by his elite Norther brothers, who steal and deposit the nations purse in foreign accounts. Again, this is not the exclusive preserve of the Northern elites, (IBB, Abacha, Uba Ahmed, Atifku, e.t.c) Southern elites also loot, given the opportunity (The OBJ's, Anenihs, Alams/Ibori, Orji's, e.t.c). Thus, the PROBLEM IS CAUSED BY THE ELITES FROM BOTH SIDES (though the Northerner had spent more time at the cookie jar than anyone else; 38yrs!). If we MUST remain one country, a united Nigeria, then all sides must be ready and willing to accept and sacrifice THE ELITE LOOTERS in our zones.

2) Beaf, Almajiri culture extends to Senegal and even Sudan, its not just "Hausa culture" Almajiri's started out as islamic students who were sent to quranic schools far away from home and lived the monk lifestyle. Whether or not this practice is still compatible with modernity is another question entirely.
Be honest, "It is NOT another question". The Almajiri system is outdated, impoverishing for the Northern children and mothers, inciting to violence and as you can see, when you compare "an average" Southern 12yr old to his Northern counterpart, bodes no future for the Northern kid. Be honest about that; Even in Saudi Arabia, which is considered as the bastion of Islamic religion, they have embraced Western Education and you can see the benefit on their children and country.

3) Hausa-Fulani people have more knowledge of southerners, way more than southerners do of them!! The difference is all too glaring. The superiority complex stems from the simple fact that he, the hausa man learned to read and write hundreds of years before southern tribes knew what an alphabet was and were socially indoctrinated and thoroughly colonized by white colonialists. Hausa's hail from the east, Nubia to be exact, they have a glorious history, they stumbled on reading and writing in their contact with arabs through trans-saharan trade routes in the 13th century or before. They weren't colonized by arabs. So I'm giving you the root of any perceived complexes and prejudices Hausa's have regarding southern Nigerians. You call them illiterates, they call you ignorant slaves. HAHAHAHA If only you knew!
Again, you're not being honest here! Granted that the "Hausa learned alphabets" in 2000BC, before the Southerners, WHAT HAVE THEY DONE WITH IT TILL TODAY? How has it benefited their domain and children of today? Just learning to "recite the Quaran" off-hand or scribble it on boards does not constitute "Education". EDUCATION IS (the sound one as compared to religious indoctrination and fanaticism) KNOWLEDGE PUT TO GOOD USE AND HUMAN BENEFIT! Honestly speaking, can you say 'that', of the Nigerian Northerner, with all the "learning of Alphabets" as far as two million years ago? NO!
Teach your children "science, history, philosophy, Geography, e.t.c" and you would have benefited them, than making then canon-fodders to "violent and terrorist-inclined" Imans or Mullahs!
No offense.

4) I'd love to split the country, the only thing keeping southern Nigerians united at this juncture is your mutual hatred for the north, once a split is concluded, you'll turn on each other in your pursuit to dominate each other. The north would not have such a problem because there is a clear block majority.
This may be very accurate, but we can only second-guess NOW. Unfortunately, IT IS ALSO TRUE AND APPLICABLE, TO THE "MONOLITHIC NORTH"! You cannot tell me that the "Benue man, Berom or Junkun man" would want to continue to be subjugated and dominated by a Kano/Sokoto man who sees himself as superior, by lineage! Can you? It applies both ways but that itself, (is not an excuse or issue to cause worry and prevent splitting) would be resolved eventually and "equilibrium would be achieved" since all "Matter" eventually seek and achieve a state of equilibrium.

5) Oil is not a requisite for livelihood nor is it one for prosperity and growth. Nigerians go to many non oil exporting countries as economic refugees. So you can quit with this north loves oil mantra. It deviates from the facts on the ground.
THIS IS VERY CORRECT. It is only the "elite on both sides" who see the "Oil Money" as a cheap way to getting stinking rich and unfortunately, "The Awoof" has become ingrained into their system but dont forget, "if we split, the only people who will no longer have access to "awoof money" are the Northern elite (The southern elite will still have it because the oil comes from their domain! grin ). Thus, the "Northern elite" who represent the North (at the 'Looting Table') have a lot at stake and more to loose, IF WE SPLIT.
Again, Remember, when Ojukwu tried to split-away "the East" from the yoke called Nigeria, IT WAS THE NORTHERN DOMINATED NIGERIAN MILITARY AND POLITICAL CLASS WHO UNLEASHED THE "NIGERIAN" army (or Northern army, so to say), on them.
Of course, it could not have been successful, if the "WEST" did not foolishly cooperate with the Northern establishment!. Again, this "cooperation" was from the "Western Elites" like Awolowo who prefer to rule a "bigger Nigeria" than a fractured one (a bigger table, so to speak)!
But in 2011, the situation is very different and EVERYBODY IS PISSED-OFF with these mindless killings of Southerners, by some Northern Muslims!

6) I detest sharing a passport with southerners because I cannot travel anywhere without being suspected of being dishonest, fraudulent and scheming. Northerners are certainly not the ones that bring Nigeria this dirty image because their religion teaches being content and having pride in what you have.
I guess somebody has given you a "honest answer" to these assertion! NO SOUTHERNER HAS PUT A BOMB IN HIS PANTS OR ANYWHERE, TO DESTROY INNOCENT SOULS. This again lends credence to the fact that the kind of education that the Mullahs and Northern elites allow their children to get, is the destructive and dangerous one. They have not put their "age-long advantage" of exposure to the ALPHABETS, to good use. I guess most Southerners were very angry when the Western world put the Nation on the "terrorist list", instead of just the Northerners! or do you think that is justified?
Anyway, l can tell you that "The average Northerner Youth" may not be "academically and ingenuity-wise", capable and equipped,  for 419! It is not a chore for Almajeri-educated peeps! Only "very smart youths" can pull-off scam, though, l wish some of the Southern youths involved, would put their "smartness and education" to better use!  

7) I reiterate, I'd love a split, absolutely wish for it. But Both southern and Northern elite would rather keep the status quo because it serves them in numerous ways. If you heard what Odien Ajumogobia said to the council on foreign relations, you'll understand exactly what I'm attempting to point out. if 2015 is the year Nigeria will split then I wish as a northerner that i could fast forward to that day. Typical northerners want to split more than you do. Go if you have the liver and ask them in kaduna or kano.

.,.,.,."Current Nigeria" serves the interests of not more than 10,000 individuals to whom all are in bondage to and these people have insisted that it remain one country to furnish their interests. The average northerner sees no oil money, smells non of it because its hoarded by the so called "elite" a split therefore implies he is losing absolutely nothing.
ABSOLUTELY SPOT-ON. Dont have anything to add to this.

9) The fact remains that southern Nigerians understand so little of the north. It is clear from all that I hear and read that this is the case. Will beaf's comments on nairaland change anything or will nairaland have even the minutest baring on what happens in Nigeria, absolutely not!!!  You feel you hate northerners, trust me when I tell you they hate you more at this point!
Why not "educate" the Southerners more, about Northerners so they can understand and probably relate better.
If "Twitter and FaceBook" where the precursor of the current "ARAB UPRISINGS" that has changed governments that have been entrenched for over forty years, l tell you, you can only ignore "Social Networks" out of ignorance. It is "the information and the speed at which they spread it" that has the power to mobilize and precipitate CHANGE. "Nairaland" falls into this category, on a very small scale

10) the OP said alternative perspective and some of you jumped to spray your hateful venom. The funny thing is which is my last point that northerners are not nearly as bigoted as southerners. Kano voted en mass for MKO Abiola over Bashir Tofa who is from Kano. The north voted overwhelmingly for MKO in 1993. Some how I doubt that southerners would vote for a northerner to that extent. PLEASE break this country up, this is what the majority want but will the slave masters oblige?
*If you consider that MKO was more of a Northern benefactor than any Nigerian alive in 1993!
*If you consider that it was the same "Northern Elite" that prevented him from achieving his mandate, from the freest election in Nigeria, JUST BECAUSE HE IS A SOUTHERNER (He is a Muslim, like most Northerners!),.,.,.,.,.,.,
[color=#000099]Then you will reconsider your statement
Even Southern Muslims who have lived all their lives in the North are considered as INFIDELS and are slaughtered like COWS, under the flimsiest excuse! Thats not EXTREME tribal and religious bigotry, right?[/color]

11) The riots in the north, where emirs (traditional symbols of islam) palaces were burned to the ground! What does that imply? that the riots are generally over perceived injustices, pent up frustrations, suspicion of colluding to disenfranchise them and deep mutual suspicion that exists between them and xtians and southerners!! Instead of wasting your energy on insulting northerners, why not divert it towards making our dream of a split come true?
The simple QUESTION you should ANSWER yourself is that When Umaru Yar Adua was rigged-in in 2007 (in a Guinness World record for rigging)
WHY DID THE SOUTHERNERS NOT START SLAUGHTERING INNOCENT NORTHERNERS IN THE SOUTH? [color=#000099]Or do you think "perceived injustice, pent up frustrations, suspicion of colluding to disenfranchise them and deep mutual suspicion that exists between them and xtians and southerners " is the sole exclusive of Northerners?

The unpalatable TRUTH which you must accept is that Northerners are more prone to violent and mindless murders, than Southerners and the reasons have to do with their "religious-Almajeri indoctrination", extreme bigotry and fanatism and their "wishful sense of superiority". Despite the graphic details and coverage of the murder of "priced Southern Christians" in the North, Southerners have kept heir cool and refused to be brought down to this level of animalism and barbaric-savagery displayed by "most" Northerners. See, we are just too different! [/color]

In summary, the earlier we face the truth and address the root of the problem, the better we can proffer a viable solution.
Nigeria would not the the first nor the last to split.
We can sit down and do it in a discussion (like civilized people do) or we can engage in a mindless civil war like we did in 1966 only that the outcome in 2011 will CERTAINLY be different. Let the population decide in a Referendum (like in Sudan!), as for the ELITES on both side, they would incite and threaten everyone, so that they can maintain the status-quo but as we say in local parlance (Dem never reach enough): Woon-po too wink
Remember: Those who make peaceful change impossible, make violent change inevitable and unavoidable".

@Ibrahim B.A Thank you a million.
Someone like you, l pray, will be one of those to lead the North, in the event of a break-up, if the problem you raised are addressed (and they can be!), the North has nothing to fear from a break-up. Sharia, is like the SAP-IMF conditionalities of the 80's. Good policy, Bad implementation by selfish leaders who use it for selfish reasons. Result: FAILURE.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by AljUche: 1:57pm On Apr 22, 2011
namfav:

people generalize nrotherners too much in general we don't have ills against southerners, of course there are filth like ezeuche but we know there are many others who are good hearted, it is this platform that you can get people like ezeuche, udezue, iwonbaoko, justcash, arosa etc. who i wish can just be driven into the atlantic, we don't need these people in nigeria, they will be happy if there is a war because they will not be on the frontlines

u forgot onlytruth, ZnO, reccome/gokuu and mkuta
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by phreakabit(m): 2:44pm On Apr 22, 2011
I guess Eva/Evans/Evan Enwerem was a genius as well?

Lets stick to the point hear! Don't forget the allegations against Tinubu too fast, my good friend. But that's not what we are deliberating on right now, is it?

@lastpage You are too much! Your lengthy post kinda portrays you as a very patient person.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by soloj1(m): 2:59pm On Apr 22, 2011
Please understand the following distinctions I made in an earlier post:-

'Northerners' is a relative term. We have the-
1, Geographical North;
2. The Economic North;
3. The Political North and
4. The Religious  North.
Unfortunately, the distinction between the Political and the religious north is very slim as far as the muslims are concerned. Theres no separation between politics and religion.
Lets cut to the chase and call a spade a spade. Its high time we told ourselves the hard truth. -The northern hausa- fulani muslims ( fundamentalist, extremist, or otherwise) have and will always be our collective problems.
That's it!
History has given us more than enough proofs. We are not blind anymore, the time of ignorance is long past.
So next time you say north/ northerners, with regards to similar discourse, remember the distinctions and say hausa/ fulani muslim extremist or whatever instead.
Many of us in the north too have been victims of there heinous prejudice.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by duvaale2: 3:45pm On Apr 22, 2011
The government at the center with all the security apparatus at its disposal (the army, the police, the SSS, etc) is largely insensitive when it comes to the protection of lives and property of the citizenry. The SSS is the worst culprits. A functional state secrete service should have been able to gather information in advance and warn both the government and citizens of the impending danger in some parts of the north. Considering the incessant cases of riots in the northern part of the country, the government should set up a hotline (similar to 911 in the United States) for people to call whenever they see rioters. This way, the reaction time for the intervention of the law enforcement agencies will be minimized. A situation where rioters are out in the streets for several hours killing innocent people and destroying houses before the emergence of any security personnel is no longer acceptable. The government at center should show enough courage and political will to protect the lives and property of Nigerians irrespective of where they live.

Successive governments have been treating these almajaris with kid gloves. The national assembly did well to pass a law pronouncing death penalty on anyone convicted of kidnapping. And you can agree with me that it is yielding fruits. The menace of rioting is not less than kidnapping. Therefore I would suggest that the national assembly should pass a similar law to discourage these murderers.

Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by ikeyman00(m): 4:48pm On Apr 22, 2011
@@@@@@@@@@@@

it waste of time talking to those alcedeA network

those vampire as i mentioned far back then till now and plz take a look and tell me does these sons of animals worth my time angry

people like navfa; alj uche should bury their head in shame

and saying an average northen doesnt give a damn on weather we split or not is absolutely irrelevant and nonesense!!!what do u expect from a walking mad  man

and should u forget what justification do some of these aboki derive from a drama as far away in denmark got to do with killing innocent people

and what justification do some get from hosting miss-world in abuja;

there is simply no justification for all those killing that has been going on that vampire den as far back as cave time

the only difference is as for now they are going after brothers at that side and what will be the talk of the time when they start to kill those they sees as detractors?

now some of these aboki in here could talk all they want but remember this; everybody got a problem but the north got a serious cancer that needed very serious attention

and mind some of these goon last time i was in Benue the tiv hate u lots?? so your definition of emm the north need to be reveiwed

bloody as         sholesssssssssssssssssssss
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by IbrahimBA1: 6:55pm On Apr 22, 2011
It's a bit saddening reading the exchange of very abusive back and forth going on here (but hey it's message board so what can I do). In response to southerners views of the north, well having a slightly negative first impression is alright for some of you, the first northerners you might beet are those selling bubblegum, hawking fruit or begging on the streets. But just as some of you would find it insulting for a white man to think that since you're African then you live in mud huts wearing loin clothes and going lion hunting every evening northerners find it extremely insulting that you think we are all backward extremists. A point of note is a good number of so called northerners in the south, particularly Lagos, are from other African countries, particularly Niger, Mali and Chad, but they are referred to as northerners and we are blamed for their transgressions. Many of you non-northerners do need to be a bit more open minded and understand that.

For awhile I have had an idea of writing an article about the north and it's complexity as a geo-political region, I had simplified the Nigerian problems to that of ethnicity and religion (ignoring other equally important issues, I know) and viewed all of Nigeria , segmenting her into 3 regions, the north, south-west and south-east. I noticed that while the south-west and south-east each  faced challenges of either ethnicity or religion, but never really both (the south-west seems ethnically homogenous, being predominantly Yoruba, but  very religiously diverse. The south-east however seems religiously homogenous, being predominantly Christian, yet ethnically diverse). The north however is both ethnically and religiously diverse. You may find this a bit perplexing, but while Islam is a majority in the north there are enough of Christian population there to afford them an identity and a reasonably loud voice. Ethnically the Hausa-Fulani is the most identified group in the north but in actuality the are just a section of the different languages, dialects and cultures in the north and unless the north comes to terms with that fact and accords each religion and ethnicity it's deserved respect we will continue to be in chaos. The job however doesn't just fall on the Muslim Hausa Fulani to bring us together, it will be a monumental task of compromise, mutual respect and creating a united cause.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by IbrahimBA1: 6:57pm On Apr 22, 2011
It's a bit saddening reading the exchange of very abusive back and forth going on here (but hey it's message board so what can I do). In response to southerners views of the north, well having a slightly negative first impression is alright for some of you, the first northerners you might beet are those selling bubblegum, hawking fruit or begging on the streets. But just as some of you would find it insulting for a white man to think that since you're African then you live in mud huts wearing loin clothes and going lion hunting every evening northerners find it extremely insulting that you think we are all backward extremists. A point of note is a good number of so called northerners in the south, particularly Lagos, are from other African countries, particularly Niger, Mali and Chad, but they are referred to as northerners and we are blamed for their transgressions. Many of you non-northerners do need to be a bit more open minded and understand that.

For awhile I have had an idea of writing an article about the north and it's complexity as a geo-political region, I had simplified the Nigerian problems to that of ethnicity and religion (ignoring other equally important issues, I know) and viewed all of Nigeria , segmenting her into 3 regions, the north, south-west and south-east. I noticed that while the south-west and south-east each  faced challenges of either ethnicity or religion, but never really both (the south-west seems ethnically homogenous, being predominantly Yoruba, but  very religiously diverse. The south-east however seems religiously homogenous, being predominantly Christian, yet ethnically diverse). The north however is both ethnically and religiously diverse. You may find this a bit perplexing, but while Islam is a majority in the north there are enough of Christian population there to afford them an identity and a reasonably loud voice. Ethnically the Hausa-Fulani is the most identified group in the north but in actuality the are just a section of the different languages, dialects and cultures in the north and unless the north comes to terms with that fact and accords each religion and ethnicity it's deserved respect we will continue to be in chaos. The job however doesn't just fall on the Muslim Hausa Fulani to bring us together, it will be a monumental task of compromise, mutual respect and creating a united cause.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 22, 2011
Ibrahim BA:

as far as prose goes ambitious,presumptuous but ultimately disappointing. so people in the south have prejudices and stereotypes and many abokis are from niger and mali.how illuminating!

what evidence is there that most easterners are christians,this is a guess.

or that yorubas are homogenous whilst being religiously diverse.
i am yoruba and do not recognise your characterization.
you tell us nothing new but confirm that we are generally ignorant about each other and guess work is poor ersatz for research/data .
one point of note ;recent events confirm that we don't really want to know  your people and the sooner we are shot of  each other the better
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by deadie(m): 7:19pm On Apr 22, 2011
Some NYSC members have lost their lives in the NORTH. Blame it on extremists or whatever you like, but you guys need to develop the intellectual capacity to live in the 21st century. You deserve a country (Hausa Islamic Republic or Sharia Nation sounds good) where you can be blow things up, and not the lives of Southerners, most of who struggle to have education which you don't bother to have. Animals.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by deadie(m): 8:01pm On Apr 22, 2011
Animals killing NYSC members who are there to serve their fatherland.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by CrudeOil2(m): 8:07pm On Apr 22, 2011
Hausas are disgusting snakes.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Kilode1: 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2011
Ibrahim BA, you are bringing great points and perspectives to the thread. Keep it coming bro.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by CrudeOil2(m): 8:24pm On Apr 22, 2011
Hausas should know that they have been ungrateful parasites since independence. Why cant they realise that without the oil from the south south, poverty and diseases would kill them all, they wont have any roads, no airports, no universities, no electricity, no hospitals, no elites, no dangote, no atiku,no sanusi, no buhari, no babangida.
They would all be worthless savages! BLOODY INGRATES!!! WHEN WOULD THEY STOP HATING AND KILLING THEIR INNOCENT HOSTS?
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Jenifa1: 8:40pm On Apr 22, 2011
but ask yourself what you ought to do about this.what have the so-called good mallams ever done to prevent recurrences.
quite frankly your hand -wringing righteousness is vile to my senses.  i do not see you lot as brothers or compatriots but as a terrible  affliction from god. a pestilence and a damnation,a disease with no cure.

you tell us nothing new but confirm that we are generally ignorant about each other and guess work is poor ersatz for research/data .
one point of note ;recent events confirm that we don't really want to know  your people and the sooner we are shot of  each other the better

so, iwonbaoko, what have YOU done to prevent the recurrences? what do you think YOU could do to prevent it? what is YOUR step of action?
have you asked yourself that question? try doing that first.

not saying that I don't understand your anger. but let's not let blind emotions overtake our sensibilities
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by ikeyman00(m): 8:48pm On Apr 22, 2011

For awhile I have had an idea of writing an article about the north and it's complexity as a geo-political region, I had simplified the Nigerian problems to that of ethnicity and religion (ignoring other equally important issues, I know) and viewed all of Nigeria , segmenting her into 3 regions, the north, south-west and south-east. I noticed that while the south-west and south-east each  faced challenges of either ethnicity or religion, but never really both (the south-west seems ethnically homogenous, being predominantly Yoruba, but  very religiously diverse. The south-east however seems religiously homogenous, being predominantly Christian, yet ethnically diverse). The north however is both ethnically and religiously diverse. You may find this a bit perplexing, but while Islam is a majority in the north there are enough of Christian population there to afford them an identity and a reasonably loud voice. Ethnically the Hausa-Fulani is the most identified group in the north but in actuality the are just a section of the different languages, dialects and cultures in the north and unless the north comes to terms with that fact and accords each religion and ethnicity it's deserved respect we will continue to be in chaos. The job however doesn't just fall on the Muslim Hausa Fulani to bring us together, it will be a monumental task of compromise, mutual respect and creating a united cause.

and what does this nonesense suppose that an aboki could walk around like heyna killing people?

these people hmmmm

clearly the hausa got a very serious problem; very serious and foolish mallam
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by ikeyman00(m): 8:57pm On Apr 22, 2011
naijaking1

Re: Facebook Page Created For Mr. Ukeoma Ikechukwu: He Is Missing In Bauchi
« #16 on: Yesterday at 04:45:10 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^^^
[size=28pt]Mallam, what doesn't cause violent reaction for you Hausas?
---An English teacher is accused of desecrating your koran in far away Sudan, a group of dirty and hungry almajiris cause violent riots in Bauchi.
---A cartoonist make s funny drawing in far way Scandinanvia, not-so-smart Hausa youths who can't even show you Denmark on a map, cause riots in Kano.
---A miss World contest is held, no, no, Hausa boys are allergic to beautiful girls and they go on rampage again their fellow countrymen.
---An Iranian author parodies prophet Mohammed in his book, the same professional Hausa riot machines go into high gear.
----An election turns unfavorable to their candidate, then the infidels have just rigged the election, and you're here justifying the so-called violent reaction?
Since when did killing, maiming, plunder, and ra*pe become an acceptable reaction to a percieved political problem? [/size]
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Jenifa1: 9:17pm On Apr 22, 2011
^Please reduce your font size.  please

what makes you think that if someone gave you a gun today, you won't go on a killing rampage against Hausas?
so in essence are you any different?

the beauty contest thing is so obvious. why would you try to hold a westernized contest in the north. it's like trying to host miss world in iraq. or trying to host a muslim festival in RCCG redemption camp. that is very silly. it seems the producers of the contest were begging for riots in the first place. it is the government's fault for not preventing it from taking place there.

I still maintain today that a lot of violence that goes in is very preventable. ie southerners stay away from the north. very simple!! or better still, try to assimilate into your environment. but no, we go up there to look for trouble and scream "barbaric northerners" while we continue to live in their land and carry out activities that are not encouraged by the majority of the people there

I am not completely siding the north, I think there is a clear lack of tolerance on their part that they need to let go of gradually but I can understand where they are coming from. christians in the north is like gays in nigeria. it is unacceptable way of life from the perspective of the violent protesters. it doesn't make sense to you but it makes sense to them.

If I were a christian southerner (which I am), you wouldn't see me in the north. even if i went there, I won't practice my religion openly. I will keep it to myself.
we need to learn to be more sensitive to each other's views.

as already mentioned, the northern rioters are also burining down imam and emir's houses. so the violence is not only against southerners. whatever the case may be, the govt ought to do something to arrest the offenders and deter future rampages from happening.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by CrudeOil2(m): 9:22pm On Apr 22, 2011
Jenifa_:

^Please reduce your font size.  please

what makes you think that if someone gave you a gun today, you won't go on a killing rampage against Hausas?
so in essence are you any different?

the beauty contest thing is so obvious. why would you try to hold a westernized contest in the north. it's like trying to host miss world in iraq. or trying to host a muslim festival in RCCG redemption camp. that is very silly. it seems the producers of the contest were begging for riots in the first place. it is the government's fault for not preventing it from taking place there.

I still maintain today that a lot of violence that goes in is very preventable. ie southerners stay away from the north. very simple!! or better still, try to assimilate into your environment. but no, we go up there to look for trouble and scream "barbaric northerners" while we continue to live in their land and carry out activities that are not encouraged by the majority of the people there

I am not completely siding the north, I think there is a clear lack of tolerance on their part that they need to let go of gradually but I can understand where they are coming from. christians in the north is like gays in nigeria. it is unacceptable way of life from the perspective of the violent protesters

If I were a christian southerner (which I am), you wouldn't see me in the north. even if i went there, I won't practice my religion openly. I will keep it to myself.
we need to learn to be more sensitive to each other's views.

as already mentioned, the northern rioters are also burining down imam and emir's houses. so the violence is not only against southerners. whatever the case may be, the govt ought to do something to arrest the offenders and deter future rampages from happening.

[size=24pt]Stop talking nonsense you fooool!!!![/size]
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by namfav(m): 9:23pm On Apr 22, 2011
jenifa_ may god bless you, we need more people like you
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Jenifa1: 9:25pm On Apr 22, 2011
Crude Oil,
leave the thread or create yours if you don't like it or want to resort to personal attacks.
you are the civilized one right? pls act like it. thanks smiley
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by ektbear: 9:30pm On Apr 22, 2011
Jenifa_, your empathy is almost too much. I wonder if you suffer from a bit of Stockholm Syndrome grin

Anyway, seeking to understand the motivations of the other side is fine, but I think you've crossed the line into justifying what they are doing. Yes, they might have good reasons (to them) for the crimes they've committed, but it doesn't make their actions acceptable.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by CrudeOil2(m): 9:34pm On Apr 22, 2011
Jenifa_:

Crude Oil,
leave the thread or create yours if you don't like it or want to resort to personal attacks.
you are the civilized one right? pls act like it. thanks smiley

Why dont you go an tell that to the mourning parents of the slaughtered corpers. [size=26pt]You are a disgusting eel[/size], just because an hausa man is fúcking your arse does not mean you have the right to spew trash! I repeat you are[size=24pt] DISGUSTING![/size]
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by namfav(m): 9:36pm On Apr 22, 2011
Crude Oil:

Why dont you go an tell that to the mourning parents of the slaughtered corpers. [size=26pt]You are a disgusting eel[/size], just because an hausa man is fúcking your arse does not mean you have the right to spew trash! I repeat you are[size=24pt] DISGUSTING![/size]

you should be ashamed of yourself, good for nothing b3stard

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

We Do Not Need ‘Goodluck’ But Hardwork – Atiku / Nigeria Airline Operators Threaten To Move To Ghana / For Criticising Aregbesola, Thugs Attack Newspaper Readers At Newsstand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.