Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,756 members, 7,879,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 03:33 PM

I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! (7364 Views)

Super Ministers, Super Nova, Brahe ,buhari And Bakare / Buhari And Bakare Turned Dramatist / Buhari And Bakare Will Fail (by Prophet Theo Olabayo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by PapaBrowne(m): 12:01pm On Apr 22, 2011
The senseless killings in the north can be directly traced to the various statements and acts of incitements Buhari and also Bakare made on their campaign trail.
Their supporters had already begun showing signs of violent inclinations long before the elections. Rather than encourage these supporters,  most of whom are violent minded, blood hungry, intolerant, uneducated lowlifes, to eschew violence and channel whatever grievances through appropriate means, they went to town inciting these lowlifes to unleash terror on innocent citizens.

Hundreds, including the very honorable youth corpers have been killed because of the statements of these two evil politicians and their cohorts. The 2007 elections were the most flawed in our history, but there were no violent reactions because Buhari didn't incite his followers in the direction of violence. Same as 2003. The Legislative and Senate elections in the North a week before the presidential elections were swept by the PDP, but there were no violent reactions. Why are we seeing violent reactions in the election that had Buhari on the ballot?? They had this planned out and it was obvious from their tone and the rhetoric that emanated from their orifice.

Buhari called for "Lynching" and Bakare talked about a "wild wild north". I also have a video where Bakare talked about and encourages the idea of  his supporters going to the polling units with matches and a bottle of Kerosine, obviously to burn down INEC officials(Youth Corpers) suspected of rigging. In all these, they forgot to explain to their Blood Hungry, violent minded, intolerant, uneducated lowlifes what exactly is the meaning of rigging.

[size=15pt]I want to sue.
[/size]
We should be tired of complaining endlessly and instead take action against these evil men that continually sacrifice the lives of innocent Nigerians for their own selfish ambition.
Bottomline is I'm looking to sue Buhari and Bakare for murder and wanton destruction of lives and property and I'm very serious about it.

So I have these few questions for Lawyers and those that know law in the house.

1) What kind of charges can I file against Buhari and Bakare given the fact that I am not directly affected by this violence.
2) Would it be better to get those that have been affected directly to file a suit? For example, families of those that have been killed and folks that have had their properties destroyed!
3) What directions is a case of this nature likely to take?
4)[/b]What kind of evidence linking Buhari and Bakare to the violence would be permissible in court?
[b]5)
When this case is done and when  its been won, how many years are Buhari and Bakare likely to spend behind bars??
6) Can the law suit be filed anywhere in the country or only in the location of the violence?

Please all, feel free to advice. The lives of the innocent people that have been killed are not less than the freedom of these evil tyrants!

I am suing and I'm serious about it!! Don't care how much it would cost!!
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by hercules07: 12:17pm On Apr 22, 2011
@Papa

If you feel like wasting your money please go ahead, I am sure some lawyers need the money, the people you should be suing is the FG as they were meant to provide security, they were complacent in their duties and you stand a better chance than by suing people who were not responsible for the dastardly acts.
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by AndreUweh(m): 12:18pm On Apr 22, 2011
I hereby pledge to support you.
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by PapaBrowne(m): 12:45pm On Apr 22, 2011
hercules07:

@Papa

If you feel like wasting your money please go ahead, I am sure some lawyers need the money, the people you should be suing is the FG as they were meant to provide security, they were complacent in their duties and you stand a better chance than by suing people who were not responsible for the dastardly acts.

Mr man, this your reasoning is sad. If you had the simplest form of empathy and understood the agony the families of those murdered are going through, your take on this issue would be totally different.
I really can't comprehend your morality. That you cannot see wrong in the killings, and rather choose to point fingers at the government is pathetic. Maybe those that were killed in the SEPT 11 attacks should have sued the American Government for failing to protect them. Maybe known assasins should be allowed their freedom, while we sue the police for failing to protect the populace. Maybe thieves should be left alone while we place the blame on the government for failing to provide jobs for them.
I'd like to remind you of the fact that if you venture into the north and stumble upon Buhari and his killers, you life would not be spared because you voted Buhari, it would only be spared if you have a Muslim name and can dance the Jihadist tunes. Pity you bro, pity you.
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by PapaBrowne(m): 12:48pm On Apr 22, 2011
Andre Uweh:

I hereby pledge to support you.

Thank you Bro.
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by seanet02: 12:50pm On Apr 22, 2011
complete wastage of bandwidth
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Sunofgod(m): 12:51pm On Apr 22, 2011
In 'Sharia court'?

Afterall the crimes took place in a 'Sharia' juristiction.

I dont rate your chances - murder is probably legal in Sharia law.

You may end up having to pay for/supply 72 virgins to Buhari in compensation.
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Odunnu: 12:55pm On Apr 22, 2011
I'm with you sir.
The blood of Aikfavour Ukeoma and Obinna Okpokiri must be avenged
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by texazzpete(m): 1:08pm On Apr 22, 2011
Wow, PapaBrowne usually displays much more intelligence than this.

Go ahead and Sue though. Last I checked, it was the federal govt that was supposed to guarantee the lives and properties of the innocent civillians in the north.
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by seanet02: 1:14pm On Apr 22, 2011
texazzpete:

Wow, PapaBrowne usually displays much more intelligence than this.

Go ahead and Sue though. Last I checked, it was the federal govt that was supposed to guarantee the lives and properties of the innocent civillians in the north.

I wonder oooooooo!! Maybe Papabrowne have overthrown GEJ sorry Odechukwu.
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Bassey131: 1:20pm On Apr 22, 2011
@ PapaBrowne,
Please consider also a possibilty of trial by the ICJ- International Court of Justice in The Hague for human rights violations. My   understanding is that, the ICJ are looking at these killings.There is a similar case going on right now involving opposition politicians  (from either Uganda or Kenya) for elections violence.
If indeed you have video evidence of what Pastor Bakare said, then by all means send it to ICJ. I am in support of your action. Some of you people may think this is funny, but PapaBrowne's impending legal action is quite real. I am sure a well versed Human Rights Lawyer will guide you.
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 22, 2011
some folks are really dumb,instead encouraging brown in any way possible,they decided to exhibit their low IQ in the public because their family was not affected

am with u on this bro and i appreciate ur courage to even think in this direction,

the answer to your questions are still waiting for answer
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Rhino5dm: 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2011
When its time to get their votes. You will start hearing core north, north central, northwest, hausa/fulani . . .

when there is some isolsted killings of innocent souls. . .Thesame hypocrites will be shouting NORTHERNERS are barbaric, savages. . . quick to forget their so

called division.

I smell assembly of bigots on this thread.
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Dave6: 2:18pm On Apr 22, 2011
^^^
I thought the poster said he wanted to sue buhari and bakare.
Has 'buhari and bakare' become another term for Northerners?
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by hercules07: 2:20pm On Apr 22, 2011
@Papa

Please separate your vain and bigoted self from the pain being felt by the families of those who died, the violence is condemned in its entirety and no right thinking person will welcome the death of fellow human beings, even if we are not of the same tribe. Your lawsuit has a higher chance of success if you target those responsible for security, Buhari did not call for violence, he condemned it and has appealed for people to channel their energies through the proper channel, your Jonathan was caught napping, he rigged and did not put in place the machinery to contain the effects of his rigging, abeg direct your energies at the right people and stop chasing shadows.
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by kcjazz(m): 2:26pm On Apr 22, 2011
Why sue a private citizen when there is a government that is supposed to protect citizens according to the constitution?

Am not a lawyer but you have no chance sueing Buhari, however you have a great chance to sue the FG for failing to protect citizens and NYSC members who are supposedly sent out to foster "unity" and died in course of discharging their civic duties.
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Dave6: 2:28pm On Apr 22, 2011
Na new thing pesin dey hear everyday!
So the effect of Jonathan rigging automatically translates to killing of Christians, Southerners, Burning of Churches by supporters of the opposition?
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by dayokanu(m): 2:28pm On Apr 22, 2011
Any law suit should be towards whoever was supposed to be in charge of security.

Whoever put Corp member in charge of elections when there wasnt adequate security
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Ystranger: 2:31pm On Apr 22, 2011
Are corp members the only people whose lives are worth protecting?

What about the people that were killed in other parts of the country?

Phuck you OP, go siddon somewhere jo. Bloody bigot!
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Beaf: 2:37pm On Apr 22, 2011
Bassey131:

@ PapaBrowne,
Please consider also a possibilty of trial by the ICJ- International Court of Justice in The Hague for human rights violations. My   understanding is that, the ICJ are looking at these killings.There is a similar case going on right now involving opposition politicians  (from either Uganda or Kenya) for elections violence.
If indeed you have video evidence of what Pastor Bakare said, then by all means send it to ICJ. I am in support of your action. Some of you people may think this is funny, but PapaBrowne's impending legal action is quite real. I am sure a well versed Civil Rights Lawyer will guide you.

I believe this is the proper way to go, especially as the ICJ signalled interest two days ago. What we need to do is start up a social networking movement to gather evidence for submission to the ICJ. That network will also presure the ICJ for action and keep the matter burning in the Nigerian press.

Another thing such a movement can do is go out to actively aqcuire membership of the bereaved, those who lost businesses, wellbeing, were injured or traumatised. With that, carrying out a defining and Earthshaking class action will be straightforward and easy.

Nothing stops us from keeping both prongs of action going simultaneously. I hail PapaBrowne for his passion and starting our thought processes.
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by dayokanu(m): 2:55pm On Apr 22, 2011
Who do we sue for people who lost their lives in the violence of MEND.

Some people were killed in the MEND attacks on Atlas Cove and other parts of the country, Who do we hold responsible
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Rhino5dm: 2:58pm On Apr 22, 2011
In all honesty, I should think you may wish to start by sueing IBB/Dokpesi/MEND/GEJ/SSS for the Abuja bombings and utter lackadaisical display and  insincerity in the wake of that horrible incident.

It baffle's me to see how people want an isolated justice to be done to satisfy their bigotry lust. I assume the position of shamefulness to any one who thinks

it is only Buhari that worth being tried while IBB/Dokpesi should be allow to rome freely.

With the clear evidence against the duo of IBB/dokpesi, one would think that by a serious case is been filed against them in the court of law.

Nah, Those that died in Abuja bombing are of lesser humans than those that died in the post election violence in the north. abi?

while the president finds nothing wrong in romancing with Sen. Teslim Folarin, even when it was clear he ordered the killing of innocent Nigerian citizen.

Thesame government want us to pertinacious in its sincerity to prosecute the 'perpetrator' of post election violence in the north.

START BY SUEING IBB/Dokpesi or else the WHOLE democrazy will be crash.
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by violent(m): 3:07pm On Apr 22, 2011
@OP

You cannot sue Buhari or Bakare as neither your civil rights nor those or your close relatives has been directly breached by the duo.

The families of the victims can however sue the federal government for negligence, pointing to the inciteful statements made by opposition parties as evidence and insisting that the state had a lot of opportunity to respond adequately to safety concerns that such statement raises.

The primary responsibility of the government is to protect the integrity of the constitution and the lives and properties of citizens
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by texazzpete(m): 3:25pm On Apr 22, 2011
Beaf:

I believe this is the proper way to go, especially as the ICJ signalled interest two days ago. What we need to do is start up a social networking movement to gather evidence for submission to the ICJ. That network will also presure the ICJ for action and keep the matter burning in the Nigerian press.

Another thing such a movement can do is go out to actively aqcuire membership of the bereaved, those who lost businesses, wellbeing, were injured or traumatised. With that, carrying out a defining and Earthshaking class action will be straightforward and easy.

Nothing stops us from keeping both prongs of action going simultaneously. I hail PapaBrowne for his passion and starting our thought processes.

I remember seeing you jubilating here on nairaland when MEND attacked and slew NINE innocent people in Lagos in the Atlas Cove jetty bombing. Isn't it a tad hypocritical for you now to take this stand?
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by seanet02: 3:31pm On Apr 22, 2011
texazzpete:

I remember seeing you jubilating here on nairaland when MEND attacked and slew NINE innocent people in Lagos in the Atlas Cove jetty bombing. Isn't it a tad hypocritical for you now to take this stand?

GBAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by texazzpete(m): 3:31pm On Apr 22, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Buhari called for "Lynching" and Bakare talked about a "wild wild north".

So how did a Southern Christian talking about 'wild wild north' lead to angry illiterate Northern MUSLIMS in the streets?

PapaBrowne:

I also have a video where Bakare talked about and encourages the idea of  his supporters going to the polling units with matches and a bottle of Kerosine, obviously to burn down INEC officials(Youth Corpers) suspected of rigging. In all these, they forgot to explain to their Blood Hungry, violent minded, intolerant, uneducated lowlifes what exactly is the meaning of rigging.

Please post the video here or we'll treat the bolded as mere falsehood. A Google search of 'Bakare Kerosene matches' yields your own post as the top ranked answer which would never have been the case if Bakare made such an incendiary (forgive the pun  grin) statement.

So provide that video or perhaps you'll be the one getting sued for defamation of character  grin
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by dayokanu(m): 4:46pm On Apr 22, 2011
Sample responses in the text below

Jakumo (m)
Location Location

Re: Mend Attacks Lagos
« #3 on: July 13, 2009, 05:43 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a MAJOR development in the Niger Delta war. With this audacious attack on Nigeria' commercial capital, located miles from the oil fields, the Niger Delta War has now officially expanded to become the Second Nigerian Civil War.

Those who have till now characterized the delta militants as a bunch of disorganized hoodlums are about to see just how wrong that assesment has been all along. Without mentioning the facilities and infrastructure by name, Lagos, Nigeria is a target-rich environment for determined saboteurs, and it is now safe to say that the chit has definitely hit the fan, with this massive explosion occurring within shouting and shooting distance of the metropolis .

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-295733.0.html#msg4176360

Where is the condemnation?

Go and check this thread and see the opinion of those screaming here? Where is the outrage when innocent ppl were killed by MEND at the Atlas Cove?
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Beaf: 4:55pm On Apr 22, 2011
texazzpete:

I wonder if there is something about supporting Buhari that reduces ones morality and manufactures dunces. If I challenge you to show me where I jubilated you will begin stammering like an id!ot.

Beaf:

Why is it so difficult for you to handle the above? It is about citizens acting lawfully and intelligently to tackle murder, assaualt and arson. What could you possibly have against that?
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Beaf: 5:08pm On Apr 22, 2011
texazzpete:

So how did a Southern Christian talking about 'wild wild north' lead to angry illiterate Northern MUSLIMS in the streets?

Please post the video here or we'll treat the bolded as mere falsehood. A Google search of 'Bakare Kerosene matches' yields your own post as the top ranked answer which would never have been the case if Bakare made such an incendiary (forgive the pun grin) statement.

So provide that video or perhaps you'll be the one getting sued for defamation of character grin

When did you descend so low? This new low IQ character doesn't fit you.
Mallam, did you watch NN24?
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Pataki: 5:12pm On Apr 22, 2011
@ OP,

Your bigotry is becoming nauseating.

Please sue CNN for asking President GEJ about a violence outbreak because of his Presidential ambitions as at October 2010. Here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGcP1Y2hQHs

Sue your GEJ and PDP for going against the zoning agreement which your President was signatory to.

Sue your security agencies and the FG for not taking the security of Nigerian lives seriously.

And while at it, remember to sue MEND for kidnappings, acts of terrorism, economic sabotage to the nation at large.

Remember to sue your PDP for outstandingly never solving any criminal or murder cases in this country!

Pure rubbish! undecided
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by ektbear: 5:15pm On Apr 22, 2011
Didn't think the OP would disgrace himself like this. Smh
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Pataki: 5:24pm On Apr 22, 2011
Beaf:

When did you descend so low? This new low IQ character doesn't fit you.
Mallam, did you watch NN24?
This nauseating dunce is back again.

Keep glorifying your fanciful daftness.

Your evidence is NN24? The same NN24 you claimed was not being watched by the local village man in a remote area in Nigeria who is busy eating Goodluck biscuits? Simply because NN24 is a cable channel. You see your idiocy in the open?

And for sake of posterity, Bakare never encouraged violence. He simply stated the obvious which CNN had equally asked GEJ as at far back October 2010.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Congrat Buhari.... Nigeria's President-elect / Osinbajo: We’ll Probe N2bn Ecological Fund Shared Under Jonathan / $9.6b Judgment: Ex-cjn Belgore, Others May Face Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.