Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,670 members, 7,918,145 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 12:02 AM

Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation (6246 Views)

Shun Religion, Ethnicity In Choosing Tinubu’s VP, Ex-Deputy Govs Urge APC / Unknown Gunmen And The Army — My Observation / My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Idiko1: 6:17am On Apr 27, 2021
Faithful007:
I have long heard rumors about Igbo's being sidelined and not being drafted into a "fulanized" army. So I decided to statistically confirm if it's true.

According to statista.com, 15.2 percent of Nigerians are Igbo.

Therefore, I sampled 421 officers promoted by LT GEN Buratai on November 25, 2020.

My shocking observation,

62 out of 421 officers promoted have direct Igbo surnames. This equals to 14.7 percent of the promoted officers in the Nigerian Army. This is a very close call to the actual 15.2 percentage of the Igbo ethnicity.

So my question is this, isn't this military marginalization claim simply false?

NB: No Ethnic banters, no stupid comments. No unintelligent comments please.

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/investigationspecial-reports/428234-exclusive-nigerian-army-promotes-39-brigadiers-97-colonels-285-others-full-list.html

Stat Source: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1203438/distribution-of-ethnic-groups-in-nigeria/

The source of your facts is ignorantly wrong. Nigerians who are Igbo are not less than 35-45%. You are still underwater if you had intended to write 15.2% of Nigerian army are Igbo.
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Idiko1: 6:21am On Apr 27, 2021
alfasexy:
I am 100% Igbo.

My army should be 100% Igbo.

Anything less is marginalisation.

I rest my case on your submission, pal.
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Idiko1: 6:25am On Apr 27, 2021
theTranslator:
you don't know
I also don't know so why bring it up?
Igbos are 20% at most

And what percentile of Nigerian population is your ethnic group?
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Idiko1: 6:34am On Apr 27, 2021
helinues:

I can't just help but loose the hypocrisy we practiced in real life when we can not tell ourselves the truth...

I prefer people to hate me for telling the truth than hailing me for telling lies and continue the real life hypocrisy on social media

helinues and truth are typical Nigerian. Most Nigerian tend to take themselves moronically serious.
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by theTranslator: 7:32am On Apr 27, 2021
Idiko1:

And what percentile of Nigerian population is your ethnic group?
I'm Yoruba we're between 21 to 23 23 at most
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by theTranslator: 7:35am On Apr 27, 2021
Idiko1:

The source of your facts is ignorantly wrong. Nigerians who are Igbo are not less than 35-45%. You are still underwater if you had intended to write 15.2% of Nigerian army are Igbo.
lol why can't you guys stop deluding yourselves
45?
so you're saying igbos are more than 100 million?
how many is Yoruba and hausa then?
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Idiko1: 7:40am On Apr 27, 2021
theTranslator:

I'm Yoruba
we're between 21 to 23
23 at most

I do not care if you are Yoruba or not. Yoruba have never been more populous than Igbo in the history of Nigeria.
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Faithful007: 7:55am On Apr 27, 2021
Idiko1:

Then show me the correct facts, Ibos think of themselves higher than they should. That's why we screaming marginalization all the time. It's all a ruse.
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Faithful007: 7:57am On Apr 27, 2021
NarcoPolo:

Why don't you go and join Nigeria Army, so that Boko Haram can 'Fulanize' you into the grave

Instead of creating useless threads on nairaland
This thread is not meant for your species pls.
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Faithful007: 8:11am On Apr 27, 2021
ImmaculateJOE:

No be human being like me and you write that yeye statistics? I know you are only looking for people will visit your blog, thank your stars, I've done that..

But know it that, that statistics is from Kaduna media house.

Hausa are the third largest population we have in the country, behind Igbo and Yoruba..

In the entire NE, it's only in Bauchi you will get real Hasua speakers..
They are mainly found in the NW where there are also many minority tribes.

But in SE and SW you will get 97% Igbos and Yorubas respectively.. In Igbo case you can count millions of migrants in other parts of the country.
statista is my blog? This is the problem with Ibos, thinking too highly of yourselves, then feeling that everyone is against you.

If you have counter figures, bring up stats or are foreign independent stats against Ibos too?
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Powersurge: 8:11am On Apr 27, 2021
Faithful007:
I have long heard rumors about Igbo's being sidelined and not being drafted into a "fulanized" army. So I decided to statistically confirm if it's true.

According to statista.com, 15.2 percent of Nigerians are Igbo.

Therefore, I sampled 421 officers promoted by LT GEN Buratai on November 25, 2020.

My shocking observation,

62 out of 421 officers promoted have direct Igbo surnames. This equals to 14.7 percent of the promoted officers in the Nigerian Army. This is a very close call to the actual 15.2 percentage of the Igbo ethnicity.

So my question is this, isn't this military marginalization claim simply false?

NB: No Ethnic banters, no stupid comments. No unintelligent comments please.

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/investigationspecial-reports/428234-exclusive-nigerian-army-promotes-39-brigadiers-97-colonels-285-others-full-list.html

Stat Source: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1203438/distribution-of-ethnic-groups-in-nigeria/

The problems of Nigeria has gone beyond this. There is massive dislike for the system across the country. Govt on the other hand believes in guns and suppression.
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Faithful007: 8:27am On Apr 27, 2021
Powersurge:

The problems of Nigeria has gone beyond this. There is massive dislike for the system across the country. Govt on the other hand believes in guns and suppression.
Exactly. The problem of the country is adminstrative. But igbos living in Nigeria like to make it look as there's is a calculated plot against them. Everyone should abandon his/her bloated sense of self worth, fulanization conspiracy theories and face incompetence and bad governance in Nigeria. That's the only way things could get better. I thought endSARS would open their eyes but unfortunately it didn't.
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Powersurge: 8:34am On Apr 27, 2021
Faithful007:
Exactly. The problem of the country is adminstrative. But igbos living in Nigeria like to make it look as there's is a calculated plot against them. Everyone should abandon his/her bloated sense of self worth, fulanization conspiracy theories and face incompetence and bad governance in Nigeria. That's the only way things could get better. I thought endSARS would open their eyes but unfortunately it didn't.

Honestly, I wouldn't blame or go against any Igbo man. I will rather pitch my tent with Igbo than with Fulani. Besides, I am personally tired if the system.

I used to be an active preacher of Nigeria being stronget as one. But I hv relinguish that view. There is no hope for this entity called Nigeria. No. No hope.

I don't want to be in a country where my children cannot go out. Wherey parents cannot go to their farm. Where the president and his tribe sees foreigners as brothers at the expense of fellow country men.

I am done with anything called Nigeria.
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Faithful007: 8:54am On Apr 27, 2021
Powersurge:

Honestly, I wouldn't blame or go against any Igbo man. I will rather pitch my tent with Igbo than with Fulani. Besides, I am personally tired if the system.

I used to be an active preacher of Nigeria being stronget as one. But I hv relinguish that view. There is no hope for this entity called Nigeria. No. No hope.

I don't want to be in a country where my children cannot go out. Wherey parents cannot go to their farm. Where the president and his tribe sees foreigners as brothers at the expense of fellow country men.

I am done with anything called Nigeria.
There's tribalism in Nigeria, fact. But it's not the same as marginalization. Also, buhari's poor governance does not mean that Nigeria has zero hope.

The biggest problem we have now is misinformation, of which I will partly blame PDP and their allies. In their quest to get into power, they carelessly make statements taken out of context and partly true accusations. They're very much to blame for the division we have now. It's a very greedy way to get back in power, at the expense of your country.

That's why it's good to fact check and confirm news before believing it. Sometimes, what gets into the media is heavily biased.

Lastly, Biafra as a country would work only if the Niger delta are fully part of it. If not, there will be serious questions on it's viability.
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by pointblank247(m): 9:51am On Apr 27, 2021
flamingREED:
Igbos are 15% of Nigerian population?
I.e 15 X 200 000 000/100
= 30 000 000?

I doubt.
We're more than that.
yes of course, we are at least 45m

1 Like

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Ahamefuna0001(m): 9:59am On Apr 27, 2021
Faithful007:
There's tribalism in Nigeria, fact. But it's not the same as marginalization. Also, buhari's poor governance does not mean that Nigeria has zero hope.

The biggest problem we have now is misinformation, of which I will partly blame PDP and their allies. In their quest to get into power, they carelessly make statements taken out of context and partly true accusations. They're very much to blame for the division we have now. It's a very greedy way to get back in power, at the expense of your country.

That's why it's good to fact check and confirm news before believing it. Sometimes, what gets into the media is heavily biased.

Lastly, Biafra as a country would work only if the Niger delta are fully part of it. If not, there will be serious questions on it's viability.

Where did he talked about Biafra working or not working? Busybody

Someone just talked about been tired of the Nigerian system and all you could think about is dishing some empty sermon about how Biafra work or will not work.
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by YoungBlackRico(m): 10:00am On Apr 27, 2021
helinues:

We are here to debunk all your lies..
Carry this bunkum to beer parlor and discuss with your fellow.
Na illiterate this guy be self. Little wonder.
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Faithful007: 10:10am On Apr 27, 2021
Ahamefuna0001:

Where did he talked about Biafra working or not working? Busybody

Someone just talked about been tired of the Nigerian system and all you could think about is dishing some empty sermon about how Biafra work or will not work.
Ok, if you didn't notice, I was conversing with a rational mind.

So, kindly stay away. I have no business with you. Thanks.
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Ahamefuna0001(m): 10:22am On Apr 27, 2021
Faithful007:
Ok, if you didn't notice, I was conversing with a rational mind.

So, kindly stay away. I have no business with you. Thanks.

The rational mind you talked about must have sensed your stupiidityy, little wonder he chose silence which happens to be the best answer for your likes..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt / FG Is Working ‘very Hard’ To Contain Security Challenges-jonathan / Are The EFCC Operatives Authorized To Carry Firearms?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.