Stats: 3,173,646 members, 7,889,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 10:56 PM

Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! (31848 Views)

Regina Askia Celebrates Daughter, Stephanie As She Turns 24 / Regina Askia’s Daughter, Stephanie, Smoking Cigar, Shows Off Sexy Bikini Body / Throwback Pictures Of Regina Askia And Her Pretty Daughter, Stephanie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by igbsam(m): 3:23pm On Apr 23, 2011
Here she is,

Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by Ystranger: 3:26pm On Apr 23, 2011
EzeUche__:

Ystranger/fstranger even annoys people in this section.

Should he be banned?

Come and find out.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-652390.0.html

rosefleurs:

There there, baby **patting Ezeuche on his oversized neanderthal pea-brained head** everything is allright.  Just suck your thumb and leave the discussion to adults.  tongue

grin You got a good heart, Ezeuche.  Albeit a misguided brain.  The way I see it, you and your nemesis aren't that different, with the outlandish posts.  Just stay well out of my way!  Goodbye and Goodluck to you. grin

Very apt!
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by 9ja4eva: 3:35pm On Apr 23, 2011
Ystranger:

Are you crazy? With her status in Nollywood, she could shoot a film for say $30,000, and with the high turnover rate in Nollywood, I can see her shooting 20-30 in a year. The movie industry in Nigeria is till very primitive and not as stressful, she could be making 20x the amount she would be making as a nurse and still have time for her family.

She can always fly to the US every weekend or have her kids come stay with her in Lagos.

My point: Very senseless move on her part.

Agree with you.I don't see her making half of what Rita or Genny makes in a year.

Goodluck to her though. Not easy surviving in God's own country(America)
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by Ystranger: 3:38pm On Apr 23, 2011
9ja4eva:

Agree with you.I don't see her making half of what Rita or Genny makes in a year.

Goodluck to her though. Not easy surviving in God's own country(America)

Finally, someone with a brain!

The Ph.D isnt gonna add more money to her paycheck. And Ph.D is nursing? one of the most brainless doctorates in the whole of academia.

Even worse than Ph.D in music
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by buzugee(m): 3:49pm On Apr 23, 2011
Ystranger:

Are you crazy?  With her status in Nollywood, she could shoot a film for say $30,000, and with the high turnover rate in Nollywood, I can see her shooting 20-30 in a year. The movie industry in Nigeria is till very primitive and not as stressful, she could be making 20x the amount she would be making as a nurse and still have time for her family.

She can always fly to the US every weekend or have her kids come stay with her in Lagos.

i concur. very silly move. dont know her but if she was a huge star in nollywood in nigeria then what she has done is extremely shortsighted. she is already a brand name. she coulda parlayed her brand into business than can fetch her $1000000 a year in nigeria easily. she coulda gone to fashion school and learned how toput an outfit together and then opened her own boutique and fashion line in naija.people woulda flocked there. instead she is in yankee with $40,000 after tax ? getting disrespected by patients and racist filipina nurses. crazy woman. how many famous actresses in their different countries go to america to become nurses ? nada, zero, zilch. she is wasting her brand name
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by THEAMAKA(f): 3:51pm On Apr 23, 2011
buzugee:

i concur. very silly move. dont know her but if she was a huge star in nollywood in nigeria then what she has done is extremely shortsighted. she is already a brand name. she coulda parlayed her brand into business than can fetch her $1000000 a year in nigeria easily. she coulda gone to fashion school and learned how toput an outfit together and then opened her own boutique and fashion line in naija.people woulda flocked there. instead she is in yankee with $40,000 after tax ? getting disrespected by patients and racist filipina nurses. crazy woman
lol, but truth be told, Nollywood does not even pay that much. its only because Genny and Rita are big stars that they even make anything over $100,000 a year. most Nollywood actresses make less than $7,000 per film.
and besides, maybe she enjoys nursing
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by Ystranger: 3:53pm On Apr 23, 2011
^^^^

She was already a household name, even before Genny cam on board

Are you 12 or something?
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by Ystranger: 3:54pm On Apr 23, 2011
buzugee:

i concur. very silly move. dont know her but if she was a huge star in nollywood in nigeria then what she has done is extremely shortsighted. she is already a brand name. she coulda parlayed her brand into business than can fetch her $1000000 a year in nigeria easily. she coulda gone to fashion school and learned how toput an outfit together and then opened her own boutique and fashion line in naija.people woulda flocked there. instead she is in yankee with $40,000 after tax ? getting disrespected by patients and racist filipina nurses. crazy woman. how many famous actresses in their different countries go to america to become nurses ? nada, zero, zilch. she is wasting her brand name

Vs. A tax-less Nigeria.lol

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by THEAMAKA(f): 3:55pm On Apr 23, 2011
Ystranger:

^^^^

She was already a household name, even before Genny cam on board

Are you 12 or something?
i know that, but even then, there wasn't as much money in the industry as there is now. maybe she decided she wanted a simple life and making $6,000 per film was not her destiny.
and besides, her husband and children are in the states, do you expect her to totally abandon them? or they should all move to Omo Naija?
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by buzugee(m): 3:57pm On Apr 23, 2011
THE AMAKA:

lol, but truth be told, Nollywood does not even pay that much. its only because Genny and Rita are big stars that they even make anything over $100,000 a year. most Nollywood actresses make less than $7,000 per film.
and besides, maybe she enjoys nursing  
enjoys nursing ? have you ever met one person who enjoys nursing in america ? especially a minority nurse ? emptying bedpans etc etc ? really ?  people just do it because of the easy accessibility to jobs. thats it. and the pay is somewhat better than the average national wage. its easy to get into.
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by THEAMAKA(f): 3:59pm On Apr 23, 2011
buzugee:

enjoys nursing ? have you ever met one person who enjoys nursing in america ? especially a minority nurse ? emptying bedpans etc etc ? really ?  people just do it because of the easy accessibility to jobs. thats it. and the pay is somewhat better than the average national wage. its easy to get into.
yeah, i was just trying to have some hope. lolol but in all honesty, Nollywood does not pay as much. the highest paid are Genny, Omo, and the Glo Ambassadors. i understand she probably would still be acting if she hadn't relocated some years back.
and maybe she is tired of acting or got bored with it, you know undecided
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by buzugee(m): 4:01pm On Apr 23, 2011
in nigeria, once youhave a brand name, the sky is the limit. nigerians are very loyal to their stars. everyone will want to rush to her boutiques to see her and buy from her. her marketing technique will be that she will be the one personally ringing you out of the till. you know how many star struck people will queue their to own an outfit that was made by regina askia ? she can easily make 10 million dollars annually if she has like 10 workers sewing for her. short sight
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by buzugee(m): 4:04pm On Apr 23, 2011
THE AMAKA:

yeah, i was just trying to have some hope. lolol but in all honesty, Nollywood does not pay as much. the highest paid are Genny, Omo, and the Glo Ambassadors. i understand she probably would still be acting if she hadn't relocated some years back.
and maybe she is tired of acting or got bored with it, you know undecided
i am not talking about how low the acting money is. thats irrelevant. she has created a brand name. she is now a commodity. she is not capitalizing on it. her name is worth millions of dollars. heck we are all here talking about her as are millions of nigerians who love her work.
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 23, 2011
When Regina was reigning, who was Genevieve?? grin

[flash=425,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E85ec-sy66M?version=3[/flash]

buzugee:

in nigeria, once youhave a brand name, the sky is the limit. nigerians are very loyal to their stars. everyone will want to rush to her boutiques to see her and buy from her. her marketing technique will be that she will be the one personally ringing you out of the till. you know how many star struck people will queue their to own an outfit that was made by regina askia ? she can easily make 10 million dollars annually if she has like 10 workers sewing for her. short sight

When she left, Nollywood wasn't all that. And besides in acting profession, it's a matter of new faces. The people that were in her league then like Ibinabo Fiberesima  that are still in Nigeria, we don't hear their names like you do Genevieve, Rita even Mercy. There are times people have to move on to other things, if you don't, you become overused. Regina was already a biology graduate from unilag. So going into a science related course eventhough its Nursing isn't far-fetched. You guys shouldn't take it too hard on her. wink
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by buzugee(m): 4:24pm On Apr 23, 2011
stillwater:

When Regina was reigning, who was Genevieve?? grin

[flash=425,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E85ec-sy66M?version=3[/flash]

When she left, Nollywood wasn't all that. And besides in acting profession, it's a matter of new faces. The people that were in her league then like Ibinabo Fiberesima  that are still in Nigeria, we don't hear their names like you do Genevieve, Rita even Mercy. There are times people have to move on to other things, if you aren't you become overused. Regina was already a biology graduate from unilag. So going into a science related course eventhough its Nursing isn't far-fetched. You guys shouldn't take it too hard on her. wink

move onto other things ? i concur. move into nursing ? dont concur. she is a star for chrissakes.
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 23, 2011
buzugee:

move onto other things ? i concur. move into nursing ? dont concur. she is a star for chrissakes.

Well we just have to respect her choice. wink And also respect the Nursing profession.
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by THEAMAKA(f): 4:33pm On Apr 23, 2011
^ ^ ^ shocked cheesy
is that you? if so, you've got that typical Igbo beauty. lol
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by buzugee(m): 4:37pm On Apr 23, 2011
stillwater:

Well we just have to respect her choice. wink And also respect the Nursing profession.
nothing wrong with the nursing profession if you are a plebeian like myself and probably the rest of you lot. but when you are a celeb ermmmm odikwa risky my sister grin
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by bidemi12(m): 4:39pm On Apr 23, 2011
Ystranger:

Are you crazy?  With her status in Nollywood, she could shoot a film for say $30,000, and with the high turnover rate in Nollywood, I can see her shooting 20-30 in a year. The movie industry in Nigeria is till very primitive and not as stressful, she could be making 20x the amount she would be making as a nurse and still have time for her family.

Na small pikin de do you. Senseless move indeed!!! For your information (cause i dont know where you are getting your stat's from) RN's on average make 90k per annum. And that is for the first 3 years in the proffession. The more experience you have the higher you are paid. Last year alone RN's with enough experience were making between 120 to 140k. I know this because my wife is one. she graduated last year and she's already making 76k annualy. I dont know about you, but that kind of salary in America or anywhere else for that matter no be joke. Regina has already paid her dueS, she has been there and done that, what makes you think she didn't go into this field for self fufillment. what makes you think she did not go into this field in order to gain more experience as foundation to set up a massive hospital in Nigera. and with the resources in america that would not be a problem. all she has to do is have good credit, walk into a bank and apply for a loan. whatever she makes financialy after then would dwarf any female artist in Nigeria. But at the same time Money is not everything you know. you have to ask yourself, HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH?
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by dayokanu(m): 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2011
She could have made more money being my a politician mistress even GEJ might have made her Minister of State for Diaporan living in Easton Avenue Somerset NJ  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by emmybuoy(m): 4:41pm On Apr 23, 2011
clueless ppl
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 23, 2011
THE AMAKA:

^ ^ ^   shocked cheesy
is that you? if so, you've got that typical Igbo beauty. lol

Lol, that's not me o. That's my sister wink. Me I black o. grin

buzugee:

nothing wrong with the nursing profession if you are a plebeian like myself and probably the rest of you lot. but when you are a celeb ermmmm odikwa risky my sister  grin

I know how you feel on the Star thing. This woman was the finest, classiest thing on TV then.
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by Ystranger: 4:47pm On Apr 23, 2011
stillwater:

I know how you feel on the Star thing. This woman was the finest, classiest thing on TV then.

Do you look like your sister?

Hey, how you doing?
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by aktunde(m): 4:49pm On Apr 23, 2011
@ All those criticizing her

Yes, she might have made a mistake of her marriage to an African-American, which made her to relocate to the U.S Isn't it better that she moved on with her life right there? Many made same mistakes of abandoning good lives in Nigeria, and they turn out to be drug peddlers and prostitutes in the U.S just to survive. This woman still moved on doing something productive despite her mistake (if she ever considers it a mistake anyways) and some people are still criticizing her? Na wa o. If I remember clearly, she and Liz Benson used to be the hottest in Nollywood those days. Liz Benson stayed back in Nigeria. Where is she today? Abeg make una leave matter jor!

I think it's always good to bow out when the ovation is still loud. I think that is what she had done. To the fans, its always painful; but for the celebrities, its always the best means of retaining their honor. Jay-Jay Okocha bowed out when his ovation was loud, and he is well respected till date. Brother Kanu Nwankwo refused to do the same and I guess football fans know the rest of the story.
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by IbitoruA(f): 4:53pm On Apr 23, 2011
wait oh, all these people that are saying she's acting dumb and senseless, IS IT BY FORCE TO ACT?? so the woman wants to do something else with her life, big whoop. Get over it and move on! If y'all cant respect her decision or find something good to say, then zip it joor!
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by dayokanu(m): 4:53pm On Apr 23, 2011
stillwater:

Can I have your digits or are you still seeing Davidylan?
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 23, 2011
Haters gotta hate no matter what
Everything is not about fame or money, not everyone cares about that, its about fulfillment.
If thats what makes her happy, no need for anyone  to drink panadol for her headache. at least she has done something meaningful with her life
you all think PhD easy to collect abi na beans u dey call am, abeg leave tori jor
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 23, 2011
Emmyboy

spot on.

Nigerians and their frustrated bad belle, na wa. Is it by force to remain in nollywood?

This was how she got cussed out on her blog years back- people were just attacking her for no reason, and i wouldnt be surprised if that's why she closed the blog down.

She has done what she feels is best for her, and she seems to have a good head on her shoulders- hope she doesnt listen to bad advice from people who hate her secretly but suck up to her in public.

Of course if she abandons her kids in the US and relocates to nigeria, all the esinsin go have access to her nah. Lord knows most of their current flames look like the backside of a camel.

Osi pelu iranu.

The only question i'd have for her is why didnt she study medicine since she has a first degree in biology.
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by dayokanu(m): 5:03pm On Apr 23, 2011
^^^She got to the US probably in her mid-late 30's If she is to study medicine, How old do you think she would be when she finishes?

People who started in their teens even dont finish till they are like 30.

How would she cope with the stress of medical school and Internship as a mother and given her age

The only thing better she could have done was to be my mistress like you kiss
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by Ystranger: 5:04pm On Apr 23, 2011
^^^^

Well said.
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by buzugee(m): 5:08pm On Apr 23, 2011
yall folks are yarning opata. this is about prestige. i doubt any of you have shadowed black nurses in america for a whole day. if you have then you will find out that it is the most degrading job ever. the pay is good. but in nursing their is a pecking order.
1, sexy young white nurses
2, old white nurses
3, asian (filipina and chinese) nurses
4, male nurses
5, black female nurses

the people who disrespect black female nurses the most are those in number (3). i have seen numerous instances where they have blatantly called black nurses niggers.
" is that nigger woman going to empty the bedpans"

then you get tonnes of patients who dont want to get touched by black nurses.

i dont care what you people say or how much money you say is involved but this is not the job for a huge celebrity in the most populous black nation on earth. geezzzz

look at her picture with that white female nurse ? she looks like her spirit has been broken
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by buzugee(m): 5:12pm On Apr 23, 2011
dayokanu:

^^^She got to the US probably in her mid-late 30's If she is to study medicine, How old do you think she would be when she finishes?

People who started in their teens even dont finish till they are like 30.

How would she cope with the stress of medical school and Internship as a mother and given her age

The only thing better she could have done was to be my mistress like you kiss
thats not an issue. i know a girl in medical school. the oldest student in their class is 69

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Adeniyi Johnson Acquires A New Car / Uche Ogbodo & Her Baby Daddy, Bobby Maris In Loved Up Photos / What Is Denrele Wearing?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70