Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,229 members, 7,977,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 11:17 AM

Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC (1175 Views)

My Certificates Have Been Consumed By Fire, Sambo Tells INEC / IBB, Friends Have Abandoned Me, I Need Help – Omoruyi / Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by Beaf: 7:26am On Apr 23, 2011
[size=14pt]Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC[/size]
On April 23, 2011 · · In News

FORMER Director General of the Center for Democratic Studies (CDS), Prof.Omo Omoruyi, yesterday, called on the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to proscribe the Gen.Muhammadu Buhari led Congress for Progressive Change (CPC).

Prof. Omoruyi, who urged President Jonathan to “ fundamentally restructure this country by bringing about a new political order, new moral order order, new economic order and new social, insisted that “ we must do away with CPC.

And let me say this, after a presidential election there is nothing called a runner up, the person who wins, just like Jonathan did now, won the election squarely.

“If CPC is allowed to continue, it will continue to lead the rioters, its not the way to lead a political party, it is a sectarian party. So the second party you will now find, is in the National Assembly, and that is the ACN. ACN should put its home in order and run as an alternative to PDP. If you want to produce a minority leader, it is not CPC, it is ACN.

CPC can be controlling in some states but it will die a natural death like the AD and the ANPP which is dieing today.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/proscribe-cpc-now-prof-omoruyi-tells-inec/
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by Beaf: 7:28am On Apr 23, 2011
If CPC is allowed to continue, it will continue to lead the rioters, its not the way to lead a political party, it is a sectarian party. So the second party you will now find, is in the National Assembly, and that is the ACN. ACN should put its home in order and run as an alternative to PDP. If you want to produce a minority leader, it is not CPC, it is ACN.

Simple and plain. cool
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 23, 2011
“If CPC is allowed to continue, it will continue to lead the rioters, its not the way to lead a political party, it is a sectarian party. So the second party you will now find, is in the National Assembly, and that is the ACN. ACN should put its home in order and run as an alternative to PDP. If you want to produce a minority leader, it is not CPC, it is ACN.

I agree. If ACN knows it's priority, putting its home in order is number one. And number two. . . . kill PDP (but not in totality, just lessen PDP' power obsession).
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by werepeLeri: 7:40am On Apr 23, 2011
@Bottom Bead

Are you no more a CPC fan?
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by karlmax2: 7:40am On Apr 23, 2011
CPC is a fundamentalist party and would die a natural death
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by mudleyback: 7:40am On Apr 23, 2011
A couple of interesting post off the article:

I concur completely that CPC should be proscribed.Buhari, as I have always said, is a dangerous man to Nigeria's national security.He covertly preaches fanaticism and violence to his followers and engulfs himself in some sort of messiah complex.Indeed the North has shown the rest of Nigerians their true nature: backward,bigots,illiterates and power drunk.They are what I call "the Sick Region of Nigeria".

To answer Muhammad, Omoruyi did not support the annulment of June 12 and that's why his life was threatened and had to leave for exile in the US. That is the historical fact.
Prof Omoruyi is right for calling for the proscription of the CPC. CPC is a faschist part like the Nazis in Germany in the 1930s. It does not subscribe to democratic values and does not accept the verdict of the majority of the people. His supporters are radicalised Muslims who reject the presidency of a Christian as an ideology. Buhari should be tried for the massacres and destruction of properties.
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 23, 2011
Gej should become a dictator (for a time like this)
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 23, 2011
werepeLeri:

@Bottom Bead

Are you no more a CPC fan?

When did we shat chat about me being a pro -or- anti CPC?
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 23, 2011
Jail all CPC northern leaders,execute known northern extremists and their sponsors. DECLARE MARTIAL LAW.
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by egift(m): 9:22am On Apr 23, 2011
A winner takes it all mentality that have been killing Africa since generations. Useless.

Instead of thinking of how to solve the numerous problems facing Nigeria, provide security, prosecute offenders, etc - All these jobbers can think of is Kill The Opposition.

I hope if SW boils when PDP rigs Lagos, that fo.ol will call for the termination of ACN.

For now most of you have suspended the use of brains. grin grin grin
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by Odunnu: 9:28am On Apr 23, 2011
Will PDP rig Enugu state or that overgrown moustached Okechukwu the CPC governor aspirant in Enugu will win free and fair?
You are in Enugu, leave Lag PDP and ACN alone,lets talk about Enugu State.
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by francisj(m): 9:32am On Apr 23, 2011
parties name,parties slogan and their manifesto means nothing, at least people are voting 4 individual whom the thinks can deliver,  so it not CPC that is the problem but the personalities in CPC as a party.
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 23, 2011
egift:

A winner takes it all mentality that have been killing Africa since generations. Useless.

Instead of thinking of how to solve the numerous problems facing Nigeria, provide security, prosecute offenders, etc - All these jobbers can think of is Kill The Opposition.

I hope if SW boils when PDP rigs Lagos, that fo.ol will call for the termination of ACN.

Why should ACN be asked to step down WHEN pdp rigs (as usual)? Shouldnt ACN be the ones asking PDP to step down.

ACN is not Jesus sent, the party has its one mistakes. But better ACN than PDP.

Why should one party (PDP) control so much rigging power?

Would you rather have CPC than ACN?
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by Beaf: 9:35am On Apr 23, 2011
egift:

ACN might be led by a clown, but they are no primitive stone throwing murdering id!ots as we have with CPC.

Lest we forget, ACN is a far bigger party than CPC which basically only exists on paper. ACN actually has state governors and 30% of the NASS, while CPC is unlikely to even get a single governor and only has a very impotent 6% of the NASS.
The only reason we talk about CPC today, is because they killed, ra'ped, maimed and burnt.
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by Sunofgod(m): 9:36am On Apr 23, 2011
Nigeria doesn't need a 'Hezbolah' type party on its shores.
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by dasa: 9:40am On Apr 23, 2011
karl max:

CPC is a fundamentalist party and would die a natural death

They will die off. the only strong figure in the party is Buhari. no body else is known or supported. they will die off. and 80% of them will decamp to the PDP within the next 4 yrs
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by youngmonie: 9:46am On Apr 23, 2011
Wait I just like to ask one big question. DID BUHARI EVER TELL HIS SUPPORTERS TO GO OUT AND KILL PEOPLE?, DID HE NOT CONDEM THE VIOLENCE WHEN IT BROKE OUT?, so all this rant about buhari being behind all this violence in the north I just dont get it
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by CrudeOil2(m): 9:47am On Apr 23, 2011
The violent protest and killings coming from the terrorist members of the party would increase after a proscription. As someone said, they have no foundation, no plan, and not future. Hence they would implode and self destruct.
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by francisj(m): 10:02am On Apr 23, 2011
If people feels that ,the Representative of CPC or anyother party in the gubernatorial election is OK,
they can vote 4 them ,this is democracy so there will definitely b  opposition parties
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by Beaf: 10:07am On Apr 23, 2011
youngmonie:

Wait I just like to ask one big question. DID BUHARI EVER TELL HIS SUPPORTERS TO GO OUT AND KILL PEOPLE?, DID HE NOT CONDEM THE VIOLENCE WHEN IT BROKE OUT?, so all this rant about buhari being behind all this violence in the north I just dont get it

Yes, he did. And he kept at it to the extent that the FG had to warn him twice, on the last occassion, threatening him with arrest. I created a thread on that subject and a horde of wild CPC zealots came on saying GEJ dare not arrest Buhari for whatever inciting things he was saying.
We don't have short memories, there are clear as day pictures of both Buhari and Bakare conducting CPC rallies with spears in their hands. They could have passed the same message with AK, cutlasses or daggers. Buhari is famous for telling almajiri's to lynch; Bakare is famous for his "wild-wild North" as well as telling CPC supporters to go vote with kerosine and matches, as well as telling them to be ready to self-immolate like the guy in Tunisia.
Buhari, Bakare and Odumakin repeatedly told the World to expect a Libya, Egypt and Tunisia all rolled into one.

CPC entered the contest like a party spoiling for war and bloodshed. Today, the result is clear.
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by Pataki: 10:11am On Apr 23, 2011
Whoever takes the words of Prof. Omoruyi serious must be a dunce.

The same Prof. Omoruyi, that IBB used shamelessly?

I wonder why these dolts still keep looking for political relevance. . . . . .

Only in the PDP I have noted.
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by seanet02: 10:14am On Apr 23, 2011
Pataki:

GBAM!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by youngmonie: 10:26am On Apr 23, 2011
Beaf:

Yes, he did. And he kept at it to the extent that the FG had to warn him twice, on the last occassion, threatening him with arrest. I created a thread on that subject and a horde of wild CPC zealots came on saying GEJ dare not arrest Buhari for whatever inciting things he was saying.
We don't have short memories, there are clear as day pictures of both Buhari and Bakare conducting CPC rallies with spears in their hands. They could have passed the same message with AK, cutlasses or daggers. Buhari is famous for telling almajiri's to lynch; Bakare is famous for his "wild-wild North" as well as telling CPC supporters to go vote with kerosine and matches, as well as telling them to be ready to self-immolate like the guy in Tunisia.
Buhari, Bakare and Odumakin repeatedly told the World to expect a Libya, Egypt and Tunisia all rolled into one.

CPC entered the contest like a party spoiling for war and bloodshed. Today, the result is clear.

No ohhh, he said they should lynch anyone "caught trying to rig the election", nt trying to exonorate him nd his extremism, but from d way i see it, if all this talk about zoning or no zoning hadnt come up, do u think all this would have happened ( some northern elders in PDP I believe should be investigated as well, d like of ciroma and IBB)
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by jmaine: 11:08am On Apr 23, 2011
youngmonie:

No ohhh, he said they should lynch anyone "caught trying to rig the election", nt trying to exonorate him nd his extremism, but from d way i see it, if all this talk about zoning or no zoning hadnt come up, do u think all this would have happened ( some northern elders in PDP I believe should be investigated as well, d like of ciroma and IBB)

So by the emboldened part . .the youth corp members who died because they tried to resist the CPC rigging machinery to some extent in the North defaulters of election rigging . . people amaze me in trying to justify the unjustifiable
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 23, 2011
PROSCRIBE ALL OPPOSITION PARTIES!!!
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by egift(m): 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2011
Pataki:

My dear as it stands now, even a demon that supports the winning team, should declare his support and sign the samba rhythm will be praised and granted a VIP stand and may I add, all his sins will be forgotten and buried.

But deer say anything that is in opposition (no matter how truthful that may be), my friend Beaf and his gang of PDP apologists/agents will pounce on you like lions that met a lonely Antelope. grin grin grin
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by Bawss1(m): 3:45pm On Apr 23, 2011
I agree that CPC appeared to have entered these elections as though spoiling for a war. Statements about the wild wild north have sadly come true.

However I think that the party is fated to die a natural death, the more rational members will leave unless the party distances itself from the violent and terrorist-like undertones that appear to stem from it.
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 23, 2011
Jon.Bee:

PROSCRIBE ALL OPPOSITION PARTIES!!!

BAN ALL OPPOSITION PARTIES
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by Dede1(m): 6:37pm On Apr 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

When did we shat chat about me being a pro -or- anti CPC?

I did not know you are also known as Bottom Bead. What a maker.

You are simply a political fence-sitter. Thank goodness you do not jump beds in the manner you switch allegiance to political parties. grin grin grin
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by texazzpete(m): 6:48pm On Apr 23, 2011
Senility strikes in strange ways indeed!

Last I checked, the 'I' in INEC stands for 'Independent'. So INEC is supposed to proscribe a party because they lost abi?

Omo Omoruyi has been entertaining us for a while with his imbecilic comments to the press. This is no different.
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 23, 2011
SILENCE ALL OPPOSITION PARTIES!

*Singing Tuface ''only me''; if to say na just me - - - - -'*
Re: Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC by Pygru: 8:22pm On Jul 12, 2013
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

News - Details Cia Operation That Executed Osama Bin Laden In 40minutes / Consultants’ Strike Paralyses Services At Unth / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.