Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,519 members, 7,885,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:56 AM

Deleted - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Deleted (2097 Views)

Deleted / Deleted / Deleted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deleted by Ebookherbs(m): 9:51am On May 07, 2021
what is all this?

so you have been suffering from depression and you are yet to ask us on any herbal recommendation for it.

well as for brain boost to go past depression i will advice you get yourself red oil mixed with thyme and curry.

shake very well and take 1 spoonful daily

you will thank me later.

brain depressions are been cursed when the body lacks oil fluid.

this herbal recommendation will make your brain active again to its full capacity
Re: Deleted by Adamgeneral12: 10:07am On May 07, 2021
smiley
mariahAngel:

Everything will be alright. It is well with your soul.
Amen!!!!! smiley
mariahAngel:

Everything will be alright. It is well with your soul.
Amen!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Deleted by Adamgeneral12: 10:24am On May 07, 2021
Bullyslayer:

Nope, I am not an Aquarius. I'm sorry to hear about your struggles. It's going to be okay. Take care of yourself and keep a positive mind.
OK, I will. I hope u are not upset with the advice of visiting d psychaitrist?
Re: Deleted by DashDolls(m): 10:51am On May 07, 2021
This is one of the reasons why I want to go into Mental Health Nursing. I pray I can get Scholarship to travel out and study it. This Nigeria sef. We will overcome.

Most people especially in this Nigeria think anything tagged "Mental Health" is attributed to mad people but that is where they are getting it all wrong.

A large percentage of Nigerians are battling Mental Health issues from as little as Depression but some don't know. There are different things that causes such Mental Heath issues.

What my sister needs now is what we call "TALK THERAPY". This will go a long way is bringing out the underlaying causes of her depression at this state. There are other therapies for such cases as well. There are even medications for mental health issues that after taking them will make you feel much better and help you relax.

In her case again, Isolation is a trigger. Complete Isolation from the outside world leads to more issues. She needs to get out more.

3) Do what makes you happy. Not what makes your Parents happy. Its your life not theirs.
What is that thing that right from childhood you enjoy doing. Focus more on it. Do it everyday. Yes...everyday. If you are studying a course you are not passionate about, that is also a trigger. If it means leaving the course, do it before it affects your mental health more and leads to suicide.
This are what we call STRESSORS. Things that trigger and affect your mental health. Delete all Stressors from your life. (Uninterested Course of study, Bad friends, Demanding Parents and all).
She said she loves writing, have she tried writing by creating a free blog on or writing on Nairaland Diaries. That's a good way to start.

4) Now there is what we call MUSIC THERAPY. What type of songs do you love listening to. Download them on your phone, get a good earpiece and plug it on. Let the music enter into your soul. Release yourself to the music and let it guide you into anything either to dance or just relax. Open your soul to the music. Do this daily. You will thank me later.

5) Now there what we call PHYSICAL THERAPY. Also known as Exercises. Exercises tends to release happy hormones. It releases your stiff body, makes you sweat and makes your feel good. If you can't exercise, try walking about each day for some hours. You will thank me later.

6) Next is PEER PRESSURE. Most people think peer pressure is when your friends come to pressurize you into doing what you don't want. NO..NOT ATALL. We put ourselves into peer pressure without knowing.
Forget about your friends that are successful, are doing better or seem to be doing better. Your destiny and theirs are totally different. Don't check their social media to track their progress. Dont track their progress in life to know if they have more money, better job, gotten married, already have kids, bought a house, bought a car etc.
Have in mind that gold must pass through fire to be Refined for use. Run your own race.

Also, don't look for love from people.
The mistake we make is we tend to bother about whether people like us from people that don't even love themselves. Believe me when I say so. Don't expect love from people that don't even love themselves becos they don't. Everybody is masking their true emotions.

7) Find your Hobbies and do them daily. From watching TV, playing sports, writing, playing instrument, working out etc.
Do them without thinking about what others think becos people's opinions don't count. It's your life and you are the lead character in this movie. Play it. Live it.

Last but not the least. PRAY. Talk to GOD daily. He will guide you and lead you. If you have the energy, read a chapter of the Bible daily. Start from book of John. Start slowly. Remember I said one chapter a day. With time, you will graduate to reading more on your own.

I hope my advice have been helpful. I wish you the very best. Above all, I wish you love and light.

P.S:
Anybody who knows of how I can get full scholarship to study Nursing (Mental Health Nursing) in any country abroad, please let me know. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Deleted by Nobody: 11:20am On May 07, 2021
Bullyslayer:
STORY OF MY LIFE (PLEASE HELP ME THIS IS A CRY FOR HELP)

Hi everyone, I need to share this with people because I don’t know what to do anymore. I have been on Nairaland since I was sixteen and I had to create this alternate account as I am scared someone might know me even though my real account is not active. I just turned twenty this year and I am at my second year of study. I am a depressed young woman. I am studying law in one of the top federal universities in Nigeria and I am on a GP of 3.8 out of 4.0 The problem is I have a lot of mental health issues, I am prone to panic attacks, I have anxiety and these past days I just break down in tears and feel hopeless and blank.

The depression I have been trying to ward off is fully back. I carry this weight on my chest that won’t ease. I can’t see a shrink/therapist because I don’t have the money/means to do so and my parents won’t help me with that aspect. They are very traditional and believe that mental hospitals are for mad people. They know that I have mental health issues but they just counsel me and warn against me killing myself because I am quite suicidal.

I left home around March to the apartment gotten for me so that I will be able to concentrate on my online class. I have lost my interest in my course, I have been coping only with social media; watching funny videos and memes ,tiktok and the likes. My mental health issues have always been with me, it hit me the hardest when I was 19 during the lockdown/ASUU strike. I just turned 20 on April. Now I feel so helpless, I can’t feel joy, I feel trapped and I feel like I am deliberately ruining my life, I can’t study even though I am always indoors 24/7. I fear that I am going to continue feeling this way forever. I fear I can’t be truly happy again and I feel so wretched at this young age, I overthink till my head hurts and I become so negative and frustrated. I have this strong urge to quit everything and run away or just leave forever, I can’t disappoint my parents and I can’t break their hearts.

My chest is really heavy and it feels like I am dying every night I don’t know what to do again. I even pray to God to heal me and make this pain go away.
Asides from my woes, I am a creative writer, I vent all I want in my writings but I don’t share them. I also love kids and I hope I can one day impact people life positively, I dream of working with UNICEF and these dreams sometimes keep me going but now I have hit a stand still, I really don’t want to die this young. I don’t have any friends and I am really introverted.

PS: please everyone, I don’t know if I can get an online job that relates with writing, I can edit and write beautifully and my Microsoft word skills is excellent. I don’t want to be forever dependent on my parents and if I have a regular income, I can take better care of my health, see a therapist, get professional help and probably get medications so my quality of life can improve. Thank you so much if you took your time to read this through, May God bless you.

Edit: I am really distressed and will be really grateful if a mod can move this to front page, thank you. @lalasticlala

You need Cognitive behavioral therapy, you can do that on your own., it can reduce your panic attack.

Good exercise can also help.

Why i wouldn't recommend medication is this, you get dependent on it and also when you stop you get more severe panic attacks than before.

- I will advice you to face your fears.
- Eat lot of fruits and food that gives vitamin D, it will enhance your mood
- do lot of excercises, like jogging or just talking a walk, they boast the mood.

Staying indoors all day, makes you suicidal and depressed.

And lastly what most people don't talk about, masturbation, excessive masturbation reduces dopamine level in your brain, dopamine is a chemical that help in changes of your mood, most chronic masturbators experience, suicidal thought, heart palpitations, anxiety and panic attacks, sometimes shaky hands. If you are into it, reduces the number of time you engage in that act and you will see changes.
Re: Deleted by Adamgeneral12: 11:21am On May 07, 2021
DashDolls:
This is one of the reasons why I want to go into Mental Health Nursing. I pray I can get Scholarship to travel out and study it. This Nigeria sef. We will overcome.

Most people especially in this Nigeria think anything tagged "Mental Health" is attributed to mad people but that is where they are getting it all wrong.

A large percentage of Nigerians are battling Mental Health issues from as little as Depression but some don't know. There are different things that causes such Mental Heath issues.

What my sister needs now is what we call "TALK THERAPY". This will go a long way is bringing out the underlaying causes of her depression at this state. There are other therapies for such cases as well. There are even medications for mental health issues that after taking them will make you feel much better and help you relax.

In her case again, Isolation is a trigger. Complete Isolation from the outside world leads to more issues. She needs to get out more.

3) Do what makes you happy. Not what makes your Parents happy. Its your life not theirs.
What is that thing that right from childhood you enjoy doing. Focus more on it. Do it everyday. Yes...everyday. If you are studying a course you are not passionate about, that is also a trigger. If it means leaving the course, do it before it affects your mental health more and leads to suicide.
This are what we call STRESSORS. Things that trigger and affect your mental health. Delete all Stressors from your life. (Uninterested Course of study, Bad friends, Demanding Parents and all).
She said she loves writing, have she tried writing by creating a free blog on or writing on Nairaland Diaries. That's a good way to start.

4) Now there is what we call MUSIC THERAPY. What type of songs do you love listening to. Download them on your phone, get a good earpiece and plug it on. Let the music enter into your soul. Release yourself to the music and let it guide you into anything either to dance or just relax. Open your soul to the music. Do this daily. You will thank me later.

5) Now there what we call PHYSICAL THERAPY. Also known as Exercises. Exercises tends to release happy hormones. It releases your stiff body, makes you sweat and makes your feel good. If you can't exercise, try walking about each day for some hours. You will thank me later.

6) Next is PEER PRESSURE. Most people think peer pressure is when your friends come to pressurize you into doing what you don't want. NO..NOT ATALL. We put ourselves into peer pressure without knowing.
Forget about your friends that are successful, are doing better or seem to be doing better. Your destiny and theirs are totally different. Don't check their social media to track their progress. Dont track their progress in life to know if they have more money, better job, gotten married, already have kids, bought a house, bought a car etc.
Have in mind that gold must pass through fire to be Refined for use. Run your own race.

The mistake we make is we tend to bother about whether people like us from people that don't even love themselves. Believe me when I say so. Don't expect love from people that don't even love themselves becos they don't. Everybody is masking their true emotions.

7) Find your Hobbies and do them daily. From watching TV, playing sports, writing, playing instrument, working out etc.
Do them without thinking about what others think becos people's opinions don't count. It's your life and you are the lead character in this movie. Play it. Live it.

Last but not the least. PRAY. Talk to GOD daily. He will guide you and lead you. If you have the energy, read a chapter of the Bible daily. Start from book of John. Start slowly. Remember I said one chapter a day. With time, you will graduate to reading more on your own.

I hope my advice have been helpful. I wish you the very best. Above all, I wish you love and light.

P.S:
Anybody who knows of how I can get full scholarship to study Nursing (Mental Health Nursing) in any country abroad, please let me know. Thanks.

I pray say make God help u in Jesus name.
tank u very much on the list especially No6.
Re: Deleted by Bullyslayer(f): 6:02am On May 14, 2021
Babysho:

Hi! My name is Sam and I'm going through something pretty similar to yours. If you'd like someone to talk to, reply my mail. Xoxo
Thanks, I sent you one already.
Re: Deleted by Bullyslayer(f): 6:03am On May 14, 2021
Adamgeneral12:

OK, I will. I hope u are not upset with the advice of visiting d psychaitrist?
No, I am not.
Re: Deleted by Bullyslayer(f): 6:05am On May 14, 2021
DashDolls:

P.S:

Thank you so much. I wish you luck with the mental health nursing you are pursuing.
Re: Deleted by Bullyslayer(f): 6:08am On May 14, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You need Cognitive behavioral therapy, you can do that on your own., it can reduce your panic attack.

Good exercise can also help.

Why i wouldn't recommend medication is this, you get dependent on it and also when you stop you get more severe panic attacks than before.

- I will advice you to face your fears.
- Eat lot of fruits and food that gives vitamin D, it will enhance your mood
- do lot of excercises, like jogging or just talking a walk, they boast the mood.

Staying indoors all day, makes you suicidal and depressed.

And lastly what most people don't talk about, masturbation, excessive masturbation reduces dopamine level in your brain, dopamine is a chemical that help in changes of your mood, most chronic masturbators experience, suicidal thought, heart palpitations, anxiety and panic attacks, sometimes shaky hands. If you are into it, reduces the number of time you engage in that act and you will see changes.
Thanks for this. I have been researching on cognitive behavioral therapy recently.
Re: Deleted by longjames4(m): 7:44pm On May 14, 2021
Hi i'm joe, me too feel it sometime. I have learn to manage it. I am a developer and learning marketing. If you want me to create,market and give you platform. That pay you user name on facebook long james
Re: Deleted by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 08, 2021
Typing....
Re: Deleted by Aucun(m): 6:13pm On Jun 08, 2021
Bullyslayer:

Thanks for this. I have been researching on cognitive behavioral therapy recently.

Hi,

How're you doing?

I sent you an email.

Kindly reply.
Re: Deleted by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 08, 2021
Bullyslayer:
STORY OF MY LIFE (PLEASE HELP ME THIS IS A CRY FOR HELP)

Hi everyone, I need to share this with people because I don’t know what to do anymore. I have been on Nairaland since I was sixteen and I had to create this alternate account as I am scared someone might know me even though my real account is not active. I just turned twenty this year and I am at my second year of study. I am a depressed young woman. I am studying law in one of the top federal universities in Nigeria and I am on a GP of 3.8 out of 4.0 The problem is I have a lot of mental health issues, I am prone to panic attacks, I have anxiety and these past days I just break down in tears and feel hopeless and blank.

The depression I have been trying to ward off is fully back. I carry this weight on my chest that won’t ease. I can’t see a shrink/therapist because I don’t have the money/means to do so and my parents won’t help me with that aspect. They are very traditional and believe that mental hospitals are for mad people. They know that I have mental health issues but they just counsel me and warn against me killing myself because I am quite suicidal.

I left home around March to the apartment gotten for me so that I will be able to concentrate on my online class. I have lost my interest in my course, I have been coping only with social media; watching funny videos and memes ,tiktok and the likes. My mental health issues have always been with me, it hit me the hardest when I was 19 during the lockdown/ASUU strike. I just turned 20 on April. Now I feel so helpless, I can’t feel joy, I feel trapped and I feel like I am deliberately ruining my life, I can’t study even though I am always indoors 24/7. I fear that I am going to continue feeling this way forever. I fear I can’t be truly happy again and I feel so wretched at this young age, I overthink till my head hurts and I become so negative and frustrated. I have this strong urge to quit everything and run away or just leave forever, I can’t disappoint my parents and I can’t break their hearts.

My chest is really heavy and it feels like I am dying every night I don’t know what to do again. I even pray to God to heal me and make this pain go away.
Asides from my woes, I am a creative writer, I vent all I want in my writings but I don’t share them. I also love kids and I hope I can one day impact people life positively, I dream of working with UNICEF and these dreams sometimes keep me going but now I have hit a stand still, I really don’t want to die this young. I don’t have any friends and I am really introverted.

PS: please everyone, I don’t know if I can get an online job that relates with writing, I can edit and write beautifully and my Microsoft word skills is excellent. I don’t want to be forever dependent on my parents and if I have a regular income, I can take better care of my health, see a therapist, get professional help and probably get medications so my quality of life can improve. Thank you so much if you took your time to read this through, May God bless you.

Edit: I am really distressed and will be really grateful if a mod can move this to front page, thank you. @lalasticlala

embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Bitters So Popular Among Nigerians? / Virgina Heals Wicklow / Pls Help Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.