Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,187 members, 7,913,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 03:45 AM

Why I Returned Missing $3,000 To Owner – Journalist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Returned Missing $3,000 To Owner – Journalist (243 Views)

Aishatu ‘yan Guru Nahuce: Pilgrim Returned Missing $80,000, Honoured In Zamfara / Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion / Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Returned Missing $3,000 To Owner – Journalist by nairavsdollars(f): 3:13pm On May 03, 2021
Mr Abdulkadir Shehu, a journalist with Progress FM, a private radio station in Gombe, said he returned the $3,000 dollars he found along the road to its owner, because it would be wrong for him to claim it.

Shehu told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Gombe on Monday, that as at the time he returned the money, he had less than N2000 on him.

“I was really in dire need of money at the time because I had received a call from Kano that my son was sick and needed to be tested for kidney and liver diseases at the hospital.

“ They couldn’t go ahead with the test because there was no money.

“My son is still under medical supervision, but I will try to get the N35,000 for the test on Tuesday,’’ he said.

Shehu stressed that poverty should not be an excuse for anyone to do what is wrong, adding that a person’s honesty is better tested when faced with challenges.

“We should always set an example for ourselves by being honest for the good of our society.”

Shehu stated that he never thought of using the money for his personal needs, “because it was not mine.’’

“If I touch the money, Allah will Judge me; in Islam, the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, told us that whoever finds a missing thing in the city, must seek its owner for a year.’’
On how he found the money, Shehu said: “I was going to the office on Wednesday from my house around 7am when I saw an envelope on the road, I opened it and discovered some currencies in US dollars.

“I told some of my colleagues but didn’t disclose the amount and currency.

“So I began to announce on the radio that whoever lost money along so so area, the money has been found and should call a particular mobile number.

“The owner called, crying profusely, described the location he lost the money, what the money was rapped with, the total amount, and so on. So I handed over the money to him after a satisfactory explanation.”

Shehu added that after the radio announcement, about 50 persons called in, claiming ownership of the money but non gave the correct figure.

“This to me showed that there is a problem of selfishness amongst some people.’’
https://thenationonlineng.net/why-i-returned-missing-3000-to-owner-journalist/

Re: Why I Returned Missing $3,000 To Owner – Journalist by Kriss216: 3:14pm On May 03, 2021
God bless him immensely for doing what I can not do. cool
Re: Why I Returned Missing $3,000 To Owner – Journalist by Simplyleo: 3:14pm On May 03, 2021
Ipob pigs will soon come for Abdulkadir Shehu's head.

To those animals, Abdulkadir Shehu has missed his chance of "making it".
Re: Why I Returned Missing $3,000 To Owner – Journalist by Okoroawusa: 3:18pm On May 03, 2021
About 50 people called in claiming to be the owners of the money?

Na wa o!
Re: Why I Returned Missing $3,000 To Owner – Journalist by chatinent: 3:18pm On May 03, 2021
Nice one, sir.
Re: Why I Returned Missing $3,000 To Owner – Journalist by SportsHD: 3:21pm On May 03, 2021
Okoroawusa:

Na wa o!
greedy people everywhere.
Re: Why I Returned Missing $3,000 To Owner – Journalist by FarahAideed: 3:40pm On May 03, 2021
Nothing special about what you did ..You should never take what doesn't belong to you ..That's the hallmark of a proper human , only sub humans steal
Re: Why I Returned Missing $3,000 To Owner – Journalist by Simplyleo: 3:43pm On May 03, 2021
FarahAideed:
Nothing special about what you did ..You should never take what doesn't belong to you ..That's the hallmark of a proper human , only sub humans steal
What you said here is on one perspective.

On the perspective of ipob pigs, he just missed Baba's call.
Re: Why I Returned Missing $3,000 To Owner – Journalist by Nuelito: 3:43pm On May 03, 2021
It's good to be good always
Re: Why I Returned Missing $3,000 To Owner – Journalist by Villagemeat: 4:06pm On May 03, 2021
Simplyleo:
Ipob pigs will soon come for Abdulkadir Shehu's head.

To those animals, Abdulkadir Shehu has missed his chance of "making it".
You don't care about Boko Haram,ipob is ur life problem. Hypocrite
Re: Why I Returned Missing $3,000 To Owner – Journalist by longetivity(m): 4:12pm On May 03, 2021
Nice one boy
Re: Why I Returned Missing $3,000 To Owner – Journalist by Olakunleyakub(m): 4:37pm On May 03, 2021
Imagine why this country can hardly be good again if we citizens did not change our ways too.
Honestly speaking I know buhari is a total failure especially in insecurity and economy departments but tell me was it buhari that told mr shehu to returned the money and also tell the 50 people to be claiming what does not belong to them abi is it possible that they all lost the $3000 at the same time?

Until Nigerians work on themselves no any Messiah can change this country to the point of expectations!
Okoroawusa:

Na wa o!
Re: Why I Returned Missing $3,000 To Owner – Journalist by Ademola47(m): 4:41pm On May 03, 2021
Man of utmost integrity!
You're a rare gem.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari is trying his best / Over 1,000 Gunmen Attack Niger Town, Kidnap Scores Of People / Akwa Ibom State Governor, Emmanuel Udom Consoles The RCCG Over The Demise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.