Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,419 members, 7,881,536 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:05 PM

Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate (17370 Views)

Customs Generated N3.21Trillion In 2023, Targets N5.08 Trillion In 2024 / FEC Approves ₦13.08 Trillion 2021 Budget / Meet Zainab Ahmed, Biography, Profile, Age, Finance Minister (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by mynaijadj(m): 2:13pm On May 05, 2021
Are you an independents music artiste with a new potential hit? See my signature for the best offer ever
Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by Asetua(f): 2:14pm On May 05, 2021
Simplyleo:
Based on the population of Nigeria, the size of the Nigerian Army and the ongoing insurgency across the country, that is grossly insufficient by any standard. Nigeria is indeed poor, forget the hype. The dominant source of national income is crude oil, nothing else.

Oil alone cannot sustain this country with a population hovering around 200m. Any idiot can do the simple arithmetic and tell me what every soul is entitled to from the gross earning.

Nigeria's annual budget is still less than 15 trillion, pls what will that amount do for over 200m people? Infact, let's assume 15t is to be shared physically, that is around 75k per head per annum.

US with a population of about 250m has annual budget in the excess of $2 trillion.

No one should quote me because I don't respond to bunkum from illiterates. cheesy

Oga US is 400m, check ur figures!!!

2 Likes

Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by nedekid: 2:18pm On May 05, 2021
Simplyleo:
Based on the population of Nigeria, the size of the Nigerian Army and the ongoing insurgency across the country, that is grossly insufficient by any standard. Nigeria is indeed poor, forget the hype. The dominant source of national income is crude oil, nothing else.

Oil alone cannot sustain this country with a population hovering around 200m. Any idiot can do the simple arithmetic and tell me what every soul is entitled to from the gross earning.

Nigeria's annual budget is still less than 15 trillion, pls what will that amount do for over 200m people? Infact, let's assume 15t is to be shared physically, that is around 75k per head per annum.

US with a population of about 250m has annual budget in the excess of $2 trillion.

No one should quote me because I don't respond to bunkum from illiterates. cheesy

Guess you choose not to know what is happening.
Give them the current military budget of the US army and you will get the same result. We will still be having the same discussion after 1 year.
Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by Akwamkpuruamu: 2:19pm On May 05, 2021
Simplyleo:

After yarning all these gibberish, what's the way forward? You won't Blame Buhari right but GEJ nad Dasuki
Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by sammysmiles(m): 2:19pm On May 05, 2021
susy6999:
1 trillion in 2 years and nothing to show for it

Those top officials handling the funds should be held responsible
Who wants to hold them responsible?
Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by fairheart(m): 2:20pm On May 05, 2021
Simplyleo:

US with a population of about 250m
has annual budget in the excess of $2 trillion.

You don't know what you're saying! U.S population is 328.2 million!
More so, your assessment is grossly not in touch with the reality in Nigeria, considering that there's much corruption in the Nigerian army. Even our soldiers are saying it; government officials are aware as well. So, coming online to defend corruption is unacceptable.

Most of the 1trillion Naira must have been embezzled, mismanaged, and wasted on things that cannot help the Nigerian security agency win the war on terror. In addition, part of the money spent on weapons that are snatched by Boko Haram also make winning the war hard.

If that money has been well used, there'd have been significant improvement. Stop supporting corrupt NA

2 Likes

Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by Asetua(f): 2:20pm On May 05, 2021
nairavsdollars:

https://thenationonlineng.net/army-got-n1-08tr-in-28-months-finance-minister-tells-senate/

Association of Professional Criminals - APC [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][i][/i]
Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by otipoju(m): 2:22pm On May 05, 2021
Simplyleo:

Stop bloviating bro.
Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by ictjobber: 2:24pm On May 05, 2021
Esseite:
Yet Burutai was appointed an ambassador by the one person that should have probed him while evading every means to account for such fund disbursement..

Buratai was bribed to keep his mouth shut
Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by TonyNavas(m): 2:25pm On May 05, 2021
Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by TonyNavas(m): 2:25pm On May 05, 2021
Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 05, 2021
I'm sure that about 80% of that amount went to boko haram in ammunition.
Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by Femeto: 2:27pm On May 05, 2021
Buy guns for each Nigerian.
Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by Femeto: 2:27pm On May 05, 2021
1 trillion would help Nigeria go far.
Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by onuman: 2:29pm On May 05, 2021
nairavsdollars:

https://thenationonlineng.net/army-got-n1-08tr-in-28-months-finance-minister-tells-senate/

Too much of Nigeria’s income is put into funding an armed forces of occupation of southern regions and Middle belt region of Nigeria to keep Nigeria one for the sake of Fulani dreams to make Nigeria a Fulani homeland in Africa.
Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by coretechng1(m): 2:33pm On May 05, 2021
Simplyleo:

USA population is not 200m but 328million. USA annual budget is not $2T but $4T plus.
Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by samwheel(m): 2:34pm On May 05, 2021
pafra:

You guys post without thinking just because you want to criticize.

Go check small country like Niger check their security budget and compare it with Nigeria.

Poverty mentality. Just because you here trillion

It is not in dollars it is in naira

Guy, its u gan gan dat don't have sense, nobody is condemning dem for d budget, but for d impact of d money, wat did dey achieved with it, if not looting and unaccountability.
Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by onuman: 2:37pm On May 05, 2021
Simplyleo:

The only insurgency is Boko Haram.

The Secessionist groups in the country are reactionaries to Boko Haram insurgency and the adoption of sharia criminal justice system by the 12 northern sharia states.

If not for the sabotage of Nigeria armed forces by apologists for a Nigeria to be governed with sharia criminal justice system, Nigeria armed forces even armed with Dane guns would defeat Boko Haram in a day.

2 Likes

Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by simplyOJ(m): 2:42pm On May 05, 2021
Pathetic and nothing tangible but more insecurity to show for it. Going further, the President still crowned their inefficiencies with Ambassadorial postings.

Criminal men at the helms of affairs.
Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by kponkedenge(m): 2:45pm On May 05, 2021
Simplyleo:

US population is 326 million from their most recent census. You can look it up.
Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by jaxxy(m): 2:45pm On May 05, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
Funding insecurity from the national purse. grin

We northerners are showing you people that b you are not smart at all, despite your useless PHD grin

Everybody cashing out. Imagine.
Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by BruncleZuma: 2:46pm On May 05, 2021
grin grin grin grin

Nah this clowns some people dey clamour to run Nigeria, all these uniformed Anini?
Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by vikstandon(m): 2:48pm On May 05, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

We northerners are showing you people that b you are not smart at all, despite your useless PHD grin

You would meet your water loop...we are foolish because we are in the same country with you...but you would soon be consumed by all this orchestrated by you and your people.

Time always avenges!!!

1 Like

Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by mechanics(m): 2:48pm On May 05, 2021
And we still have security challenges.
Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by Ahmeduana(m): 2:49pm On May 05, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

You so much take pride in destroying the country and impeded is progress, well-done continue. oneday TUKUNYA go river e no go come back home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by Reference(m): 2:52pm On May 05, 2021
Simplyleo:

Oh wise one.... angry

That is why we repeatedly say that government should choose its battles wisely and in the spirit of democracy stop lighting fires of conflict and insecurity all over the country BECAUSE WE CANNOT AFFORD IT.

A wise man puts aside his feelings when insulted and abused. He sleeps on a mat instead on the bed to avoid a troublesome spouse because he cannot cook for himself. He doesn't go into fights with his neighbors because the house rent is yet complete.

But for every mouse that squeaks in the Nigeria house the government arrives with petrol and matchstick threatening to raise hell and leaving carnage behind when it should be looking the other way or using its legitimate, constitutional power to negotiate peace and progress, diffuse tensions in communities and around different ethnicities, and religious inclinations.

90 percent of the insecurity challenges we face today is caused by the leadership, administrative and political lapses of yesterday. The wholesale destruction of institutions of social justice and equity that the ordinary man should run to for help before his final resort to rebelling against society is all damaged by this government beyond repair.

And as we all know it is far more expensive to repair or replace than to maintain.

Oga. No amount of resources on earth can palliate or subsidise bad governance. If the government cannot get the 'state of the nation right', it can build prisons every square kilometer, mount roadblocks every electric pole, mass an army the size of China's and buy more equipment than the United States has, it will never be able to overcome the fallout of misery and guarantee peace.

There is NO SUBSTITUTE FOR GOOD GOVERNANCE, period.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 05, 2021
Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by MikeBetty(m): 2:58pm On May 05, 2021
nairavsdollars:

and nothing to show for it. Buhari administration lead by buhari himself should kneel down and beg Dasuki for forgiveness. Those who imposed buhari on nigerians should hide their faces in shame.
Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by HellAnus: 2:59pm On May 05, 2021
PissfulProtester:
grin

That's an average of 429billion naira in a Year...And you want insecurity to end?

Imagine after giving this much,,,60% of these funds are embezzled, the remaining 40% will for the arms and running the organisation. Some of these arms will be snatched by or willingly given to Boko terrorists and IPOB miscreants under the umbrella of ESN..

Are we not in trouble like this?

chai shocked
Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by Elbinawi: 3:10pm On May 05, 2021
The finance minister reported that N1.08 trillion was paid to the Army in 28months & they also made “special request to the President” which was approved.

Mee:

More money for the Nigerian army under #Criminal_Buratai, more insecurity. In Mathematics there is what is called "Direct Proportionality" and "Inverse Proportionality". What we have here is "Inverse Proportionality". The more you invest, the less they achieve. That leaking bucket must have a container under it with people's name on it. And the name on one of the containers is "Tukur Buratai".

Massive and unprecedented looting in the Nigerian army under Tukur Buratai and you know what? President Buhari rewarded Tukur Buratai with ambassadorial appointment.

#ElbinawiTweets
Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by purplekayc(m): 3:14pm On May 05, 2021
Then Wan prepare for ww 3
Re: Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate by chaloskyx: 3:15pm On May 05, 2021
FAILED NATION

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adams Oshiomhole Gets Into Dance Competition With Children (Video) / Tribunal: Anti Bomb Experts Take Over Presidential Election Petition Courtroom / Afenifere: Buhari Can’t Be Trusted On Third Term Plot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.