Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,710 members, 7,918,188 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 03:01 AM

Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? (4464 Views)

HELP! My Relationship Is Sinking. Should I Break Up With Her OR Salvage It? / Advice: How Do I Break Up With A Girl After Deflowering Her / How Do I Break Her To Agree To Sex??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by miklo: 4:28pm On Jul 12, 2007
ToToChopper, i dey feel u. Mr. man u hear that "follow your heart" because the best advice is the one given to urself.
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 12, 2007
camden:

how many of you that are blaming him for not bein able to cope with the long distance relationship have actually been trough it urselves,

from what i see, u need someone u can hang out wit, watch movies together, and all that, and the distance is not makin all that happen abi ?, ,

The post isn't about if long distance relationships work.

It's about how he should break up with his girlfriend, by phone or in person. Or, don't you get it?
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by oyie(f): 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2007
u r really talking like a small boy!

why not reduce the calls if thats yours problem or alternative start using alternative means(maybe letter-then u give your postmaster grin).

i honestly think its not the girl you are missing but other things thereof.maybe giving your life to God will be a good idea.
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by ebos(m): 4:38pm On Jul 12, 2007
Break up the rust on phone, then you can explain to her later if at you owe her any explanation, cos she's not wife and no normal being will question you as long as u are not ready to marry her, but I repeat, be with friends with her. It's a good decision. I applaud ur move. face to face or phone makes no difference.
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by oIo(m): 4:47pm On Jul 12, 2007
@topic:
from your post, i don't think you have a problem here.
1) What is d distance between lagos and osun state? i tot it was lagos and australia grin
2) It is obvious you don't communicate - and i mean talking heart-to-heart with her
3) You and her alone can define your relationship, and solve your issues - not nairaland.
4) Do you even know her feelings on this relationship - if she is interested or not?
5) If really you aren't interested again, courtesy demands you tell her face-to-face, the phone thing is just too RUDE.

Just my 2 cents.
CHEERS,
OIO
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by swing4real(m): 5:00pm On Jul 12, 2007
Since you consider the distance and phone bill the problem then limit the amount of time u call her and she will get the message so that if in the future you see her again and you still need her it will be easy for u to confuse her and make her understand . Don´t break up with her yet and even u want to do that,don't it on the phone.From what u said distance and phone seems to be the problem so i don´t consider that alot of problem if you guys believe in love unless there is something else you are not telling us grin Make u first see her first,maybe she don fine pass the way she be dey b4 with better quality.By the way does she live close to you?

Don`t break up with girls just make them not understand wazzup and she will get the message so that you can still be friends because alot of 9ja babe dont wanna have anything to do with you once you break up with them.You automatically become they enemies
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by nana(f): 5:37pm On Jul 12, 2007
oIo:

@topic:
from your post, i don't think you have a problem here.
1) What is d distance between lagos and osun state? i tot it was lagos and australia grin
2) It is obvious you don't communicate - and i mean talking heart-to-heart with her
3) You and her alone can define your relationship, and solve your issues - not nairaland.
4) Do you even know her feelings on this relationship - if she is interested or not?
5) If really you aren't interested again, courtesy demands you tell her face-to-face, the phone thing is just too RUDE.

Just my 2 cents.
CHEERS,
OIO
Word! I believe that any guy that breaks up wiv a lady over d phone isnt man enough,
BTW,When did she move to Osun state?I mean has she been schooling in Osun b4 u met her or after u met her?
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by busygal(f): 5:47pm On Jul 12, 2007
Seun:

Assholes teaching each other how to be better assholes. How disgusting. Why must you spread your vice to others?

EASY DUDE!
wat is it with U sef!
wat does ASSHOLES VE 2 DO WITH
THIS NOW.

u think say na only u fit speak the Nigger Gee's accent
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by jaymobb(m): 5:55pm On Jul 12, 2007
abeg
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by mekoyo(m): 6:20pm On Jul 12, 2007
Did you start it on phone?
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by disturbed(m): 6:31pm On Jul 12, 2007
i met the girl through a friend. we got talkinh and then we started the relationship from there. Then like 3 months later, she moved to school in OAU. . . and she doesnt come home very often.
I've visited her a number of times but I'm also very busy here in lagos so we rely mostly on calls.

The last time she came home, we got talkin about the distance stuff and i'll told her my pain. we both realised the distance was nobody's fault. . just fate.
So the only way to keep it goin is to keep callin and vistin her when i av the time. . .

seriously, the calls is not the issue. . . .but i just feel empty sometimes.

so many times i jus want to treat her maybe go see a movie or something, she's not around.

i know its not her fault, but should i also suffer for it?
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 12, 2007
disturbed:

i know its not her fault, but should i also suffer for it?

You make it sound like a life sentence!

it's your choice - by all means, break up with her if you feel that strongly, but, not with a phone call! angry
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by sammy6(m): 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2007
The best way to break up with a girl is to stop calling and stop recieving her call.Women are generally proud,she would get the picture within days.Remember that you say it best,when you say nothing at all.
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by Amigoz(f): 6:58pm On Jul 12, 2007
disturbed:

seriously, the calls is not the issue. . . .but i just feel empty sometimes.

@ disturbed,  I agree with most people who have responded that you should break up with her face to face.  Since as you mention the calls is not the issue, only you alone feel the emptiness, so we cant judge you for breaking up with her.

I would  however suggest  that you dont go see her guns blazing (as in today na today, breakup day).  Try and talk to her heart to heart, see if you can both agree to a better way of both investing in this relationship (i.e if you still both want to be in the relationship) , eg her finding time maybe once a month to come down to Lagos to visit you, or whichever works for you guys.

All the best.
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 12, 2007
I won't encourage travelling for either of you naija highways are rarely in good condition

besides she's in school for an education not because of a relationship

If visits are few and in between just make those visits worthwhile and sweet

There are so many ways to communicate besides calls

send txt messages,good old fashioned letters

send gifts via courier

and better still use the WEB

set times for you both to chat online, I KNOW there is access on Ife campus
send emails too

Haba , its not like she's schooling abroad!
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by k0be: 7:39pm On Jul 12, 2007
disturbed pay no mind to salsera. he's basically encouraging you to cheat on her.
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by Tats(m): 7:42pm On Jul 12, 2007
mekoyo:

Did you start it on phone?
Good one guy!

Don't do it over the phone.
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by nana(f): 7:55pm On Jul 12, 2007
$ammy:

The best way to break up with a girl is to stop calling and stop recieving her call.Women are generally proud,she would get the picture within days.Remember that you say it best,when you say nothing at all.
Which kain advice be this? That advice sounds childish.Apart from it being childish,it will leave the babe wondering wot she has done wrong and that could lead to lots of things, Abeg,have little human feelings jare,
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by wifeypenth(f): 8:25pm On Jul 12, 2007
dats crazyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by mamaput(f): 8:29pm On Jul 12, 2007
If you are ready to give your life to Christ, please do it immediately.  In fact, I prefer phone because it will be faster.  At times, I wonder what is the gain of all these.  Think of your life 2morrow if death strikes now.  Quit everything that is ungodly in that affair, and then keep her as a friend.  Please, don't tell me this is not a bible issue or whatever.  There are some advise that will affect your life negatively, and they may seem good to you. But at times we need to get the point clear

is that what they teach you in Your church.

@ .Poster Relationship is not my force.
This is what i will do if i were you.
I will stop calling as often as i used to.
I will stop talking as Long as i used to on the phone.
Slowly she should get the hint.
And when you see her break up with her. If she is smart , it will not come as a big "out of the blue" for her.
One year relationship should be treated with some respect
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by mamaput(f): 8:34pm On Jul 12, 2007
$ammy:

And this statement is comming from a girl. Now i understand what it means when they say a woman is her own worst enemey.
We are talking about girlfrind and boyfrien and not about Pet and sugar daddy
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by nana(f): 8:59pm On Jul 12, 2007
mamaput:

And this statement is comming from a girl. Now i understand what it means when they say a woman is her own worst enemey.
We are talking about girlfrind and boyfrien and not about Pet and sugar daddy
Nah, a guy posted it,
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by iincarnate: 9:10pm On Jul 12, 2007
@disturbed,

u can do whatever u want. guy, just do d right thing. if na congy dey worry u, u need not break up! just find other options. if na call-costs dey worry u, buy a glo line and dial 1251 and just follow d voice prompt. its 40% off to any glo no. u add to ur list.

to cut it short, u have no excuse at all! u dont luv her, simple! at least, not any more.

men are on this forum o, especially with more experience on issues like this o.

one more thing, pls invite her to view this topic on nairaland & hear what she has to say!

Good day.
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by dada22(m): 10:48pm On Jul 12, 2007
MA MAN I FEEL U! I UNDASTAND DA SITUATION EVEN BETA THAN U DO,COS I JUST TACKLED MINE 2 DAYS AGO.
WAT U NEED 2 DO IS, SINCE DA RELATIONSHIP HAS GROWN COLD,JUST BE CALM WEN SHE CONPLAINS OF NOT CALLING HER,COS I KNOW HOW MUCH U CAN BURN JUST ON SAYING 'HELLO'
SHE REMAINS U GIRL,BUT U GUYS HAVE A BARRIER- 'DISTANCE'.CALL HER WEN U CAN & TAKE THINGS SLOWLY
WIT TYME DA GROOVE 'LL PICK UP AGAIN BUT U MUST BE SINCERE & REMAIN FAITHFUL 2 HER,B4 U KNOW IT SHE'S THERE WIT U.
CHEERS MA GUY,
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by Palbony: 11:01pm On Jul 12, 2007
Distance is a barrier on relationships.u guys r far apart frm each other which isn't always d best for a love-relationships.
70% of the calls isn't cheap considering call tariffs.i really feel ur pain.
Atimes u guys might want to do a little more than jst expressing ur feelings for eachother over the fone then u become helpless.
Look dude,here's what i think u shuld do.
Jst let her kno that u tried ur best to wait 4 her bt u culdn't help it anymore and u thnk the best thing is 4 u to give eachother a break.
If u cnt do this, then u r on ur own o!
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by justkunmi(m): 11:37pm On Jul 12, 2007
@disturbed
there is no point in managing a relationship. you will only keep hurting yourself. . do not manage a bad relationship. if u cant cope, end it.

but the ending on phone part is wat am concerned about. everyone keeps sayin dont break up over the phone. he said the girl wont be back in another 5 months. so wat shld he do? chill out till then? and put his love life on hold?
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by slazzy(m): 11:43pm On Jul 12, 2007
whether you do that on the phone or in person it doesn't really make any difference. You've made up your mind to break up with her isn't it? So go ahead and tell her its over better still talk to ur girlfriend maybe you both would sort something out.
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by Obirin0521: 4:09am On Jul 13, 2007
@Disturbed:

Simply put -Don't break up with her over the phone.

We may not remember much on the details of our interactions with others but we always remember how they made us feel. Please don't make her feel less than her worth.
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by amaikama(m): 9:09am On Jul 13, 2007
First of all, are you not aware she in school before you fall in love with her? When you met and fall in love with her knowing fully she is a student and she will not be around now and then, you don't have cause to complain, even if your relationship is based on only sex and going by your feelings for her, it's not for just sex but something much more than that. I advice you to have a heart to heart talk to her about your feelings. i believe she will understand and console you in the best way she can.

That's the disadvantage of a distance relationship my friend.

take heart! duo! sanu!! sorry oo!! kpele!! grin
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by pek(m): 9:13am On Jul 13, 2007
i want to believe you did start dating her through the phone. so, why do you have to break with her through the phone. the problem is not breaking up with her but doing it in the right way. if you cant wait for her, then take a trip to ger base and give the news.
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by mandyluv(f): 9:18am On Jul 13, 2007
breaking up with someone is not as easy as it is being said.if someone as ever broken your heart you will know wats its like cry
Re: Can I Break Up With Her On Phone? by hayo(m): 9:45am On Jul 13, 2007
@ Poster:
Let me do it the poetic way -
Different people, different stroke
Man is a complex being
Most times, he knows not what he wants
Sometimes, he complains his world is empty and needs constant presence
And at times, he needs his space
When he sees his babe everyday, he grows tired of her
And when she is scarce like gold, his feelings grow cold

My Bro,
I understand how you feel, but before you make the final decision, please talk to her and express your fears, worries and anger. Be open for once, men don't really want to be seen as weak, but expressing what u feel is not weakness. What makes you think she is also happy not seeing you always? I don't know your age, but if you are at a level where what you want is a serious relationship - you need to talk to her. if this does not work out, then go ahead and break up with her but not hurriedly on the phone. Or do u have an ultimatum for carrying out this act? Are you under pressure? Take care man!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can Someone Fall Out Of Love? / Fun Moment Between This Man And His Lady Partner In Imo (photo) / S**xy Woman Hilariously Mimic Celebrities’ Instagram Pics! (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.