Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,495 members, 7,940,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 01:21 PM

Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? (9080 Views)

Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank / Score Cards For Banks In Nigeria / Salary Package For Nigerian Navy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 14, 2007
@spaceworld

it is not illegal biz, those boys selling parts and importing chinese goods do make more monies than u know

so it is sure not illegal
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by MT: 6:35pm On Jul 14, 2007
@DREMONEY

I have a friend working for virgin nigeria, and he told me that his salary + allowances per month is more than 300,000 naira. How far this is true I don't know ooo so don't crucify me here o grin He works as an hostess
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by DaKnight(m): 7:12pm On Jul 14, 2007
what about UBA pay?
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by spikedcylinder: 10:51pm On Jul 14, 2007
@MT. . .getting paid 300grand as an air attendant is gangster isnt it? I doubt if i believe that.
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:46am On Jul 15, 2007
@MT

Air Attendant 300K virgin NIGERIA na today, abeg. lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by MT: 1:23am On Jul 16, 2007
Well, does air attendant mean the same as cabin crew cos thats wat he says he collects, and I cant question him, but he says the allowances which include his mileage push the salary up monthly. He travels like 3 to 4 times a week to UK tho, but not really sure if he is that realistic abt the salary o, 300k, thats wat he says he collects as a cabin crew sha
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:19am On Jul 16, 2007
yea, he's part of the cabin crew. but still don't believe he earns that. but it might be true undecided who knows grin grin grin
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by dremoney(m): 12:59pm On Jul 16, 2007
hahahahahaha, cnt stop laughing.
300k 4 wetin

though there is what we call flight allowance but i totally disagree wit that package, na complete lie.
na im sabi shaa
check this out in him,
1, is his standard of living measurable wit d pay.
2, goin to jand is no luxury my dear,he goes there to spend his money(notin special bout that)
3, is he really worth that amount to u?

abeg
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by tkb417(m): 10:03am On Jul 18, 2007
@ ALL
Bankers you guys just dey make mouth. The highest isnt more than 150 from all i gathered here. Dont think i work with an oil company oo. far from it. I work with one of the big consulting firms in 9ja.

Apart from our salary, we sleep in the best hotels all around 9ja. when we come to your bank to work, we speak to your Ogas even if na the same time we start our jobs. we are always in the aeroplane( Thats the scary part of the matter). Some of my friends have joined me, he left Diamond for pwC, another left Zenith for Delloitte. please, drop your counting machines and come and join us. Two to three years here after entry level, i might just be your boss if i eventually join your bank. hahahahahahahaha. i just dey joke ooo
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by bimbliss(f): 7:37pm On Jul 18, 2007
first bank- 1.7m per annum
intercontinental just increased last week- 2.6 m per annum
thou u dont take home every thing they make some deductions
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by seun001(m): 7:18am On Jul 19, 2007
bimbliss:

first bank- 1.7m per annum
intercontinental just increased last week- 2.6 m per annum
thou u don't take home every thing they make some deductions

access bank also pays 2.6m.was expecting intercon to do something abt their pay.now boys go wan run go there.
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by Syenite(m): 10:19pm On Jul 20, 2007
You shouldn't be so much concerned about how many million a bank will offer you.When a bank offers you N2million, it expects N20million from you.And besides most of those amounts (N2.6m,150K,170K etc) are not the actual amounts they pay.Any way, I won't blame you guys cos I also had that impression.All the best.
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by Icon4s(m): 10:12pm On Jul 22, 2007
The truth is that Bankers lie alot about their pay package may be just to promote their bank.I totally agree with"SYENITE".I advice you to get into the system first then you'll know how much Banks pay.I was with a leading bank in Lagos and now with the NNPC.I won't say much rather than the difference is clear.
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by seun001(m): 7:11am On Jul 23, 2007
Icon4s:

The truth is that Bankers lie alot about their pay package may be just to promote their bank.I totally agree with"SYENITE".I advice you to get into the system first then you'll know how much Banks pay.I was with a leading bank in Lagos and now with the NNPC.I won't say much rather than the difference is clear.

of coourse thats the total pay package.there will always be deductions of course.some to be paid every six months or quaterly depending on the bank.think u need to get back into the industry.
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by Lagoseko(m): 8:27am On Jul 23, 2007
How much does Spring pay ?No body has said anything about that.
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by MISSWORLD1(f): 12:11pm On Jul 23, 2007
i need a job in the bank,but their pay is low,compared to the work you do.bank phb pays n57,ooo per month,very poor-to marketers
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by uchetobi(f): 12:25pm On Jul 23, 2007
Like someone said the take home is different from the annual figure. You cant just take the annual figure and divide by 12 and expect that to be the take home. No. There are tax deductions, Quarterly and so on allowances. So anyone stating any figure should state the aannual and the take home
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by Lagoseko(m): 5:41pm On Jul 23, 2007
How much is Spring entry pay.Pls you guys shld post ur authentic replys.We are waiting.
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by Icon4s(m): 9:44pm On Jul 23, 2007
@miss world, When did you complete NYSC?If you'v stayed at home for 1 or 2 years you'll jump at that offer.You better take it.Besides, that's just the monthly take-home.I'm sure there are other allowances.Also, BANKPHB is a professional bank, they'l boost your career.All the best.
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by Icon4s(m): 9:51pm On Jul 23, 2007
@ lagoseko,
Monthly take home for SpringBank is not more than 70k.And it varies based on your qualification(B.Sc or HND).Got an offer from them?

If you are goin into a bank because of how much they pay, I bet you'll be dissapointed.Your focus should be more on Career prospects.
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by Icon4s(m): 10:00pm On Jul 23, 2007
@seun001,
Not in my widest dream will I go back to the banking industry.I rather open a hair dressing salon or something else.Why do you think people don't stay in the industry for long?Please I am sorry if I am dampening you guys' spirits but that's just the truth of the matter.As I said before if you'r entering just because of the pay package I bet you'll be dissapointed.
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by ayojango(m): 11:05pm On Jul 23, 2007
what about uba i mean the head office
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by seun001(m): 7:11am On Jul 24, 2007
Icon4s:

@seun001,
Not in my widest dream will I go back to the banking industry.I rather open a hair dressing salon or something else.Why do you think people don't stay in the industry for long?Please I am sorry if I am dampening you guys' spirits but that's just the truth of the matter.As I said before if you'r entering just because of the pay package I bet you'll be dissapointed.

i do know people thats been in the industry for long.its even better now afta the consolidation because theres so much competition.if u had worked in the top 5 banks then u should get what am saying.am not talking abt those old generation banks ooo!!
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by sammiek1(m): 9:00am On Jul 24, 2007
You guys dont know what you are talking about. The lump sums paid by banks is tied to productivity allowance. Virgin pays 70k. Pls, get your facts right before you post. No Nigerian bank has a take home pay of more than 150k monthly. Forget the big figures written in letters of employment.
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by seun001(m): 6:55pm On Jul 24, 2007
sammie.k:

You guys don't know what you are talking about. The lump sums paid by banks is tied to productivity allowance. Virgin pays 70k. Please, get your facts right before you post. No Nigerian bank has a take home pay of more than 150k monthly. Forget the big figures written in letters of employment.

yes of course how many times will somebody have to say its the total gross pay at the end of the year.which includes all allowances.

and its only access bank that may not pay their 400k of the 2.6million thats their productivity allowance.
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by Lagoseko(m): 4:59pm On Jul 25, 2007
Please what is the exact entry pay package for Spring I dont believe what ICON4s is saying I was hearing some thing close to 120 and ICON4s is damping my heart from what he said. Am waiting.
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by MaryAnne: 1:07am On Jul 31, 2007
pls does any one ve an idea how much etb pays
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by MaryAnne: 1:11am On Jul 31, 2007
pls does any one ve an idea how much etb pays their mgt trainee
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by onydchic(f): 2:39pm On Jul 31, 2007
well, here's the thing, access is the highest I know of right now, a family member works there, but they'll WORK that money and MORE out of you. She works almost 7 days a week, and never has time to sleep, talk of enjoying the money ur being paid. That's how it is in banks. They'll squeeze you dry. It really isn't somewhere u want to stick around in for long, especially if you want to live long.
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by uchetobi(f): 3:10pm On Jul 31, 2007
@onyi its the norm in all banks not only access
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by MaxDivine: 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2007
I think it is important that you get a job first. You should not be bothered about the pay if you really want to build a career in the banking industry. With time your worth will make you gravitate towards better bank(s) and pay. Cheers.
Re: Entry Level Package For Banks You Know? by Icon4s(m): 9:07pm On Aug 04, 2007
Max_Divine,
I feel you.Only very few young people know this.

Lagoseko,
I'm sorry if my response dampened your spirit.My cousin works with SpringBank so what I said is not far from the the truth.The 120k you talked about might be the average monthly take home.I.e your anual divided by 12months.Springbank is not among the highest paying banks.Even Oceanicbank which until recently used to be the highest pays trainees little above 90k as take home though their annual is N2.2m.Note the difference between monthly take home and annual my dear.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The New Nigeria Local Content Joint Qualification Website: What Is In It For Me? / Do You Work For Money Or Passion? / How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.