Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,030 members, 7,928,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 08:43 AM

Big Mistakes Christians Make When They Meet The Afflicted - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Big Mistakes Christians Make When They Meet The Afflicted (154 Views)

5 Mistakes Christians Repeat Everyday That Causes Delay Of Their Blessings. / Mistakes Some Christians Make Out Of Ignorance / Will Nigerian Christians Make Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Big Mistakes Christians Make When They Meet The Afflicted by Nobody: 9:50am On May 16, 2021
I was privileged to pray with a boy that had AIDS. He joined me in the prayer, and what I prayed was that God should forgive us our sins... Later on he died.

Please, whenever you meet a sick person, accident victim, crisis victim or those at the point of death, the first prayer to make is for the person to join you in Repentance prayers before praying for healing or whatever. It is not a time to begin speaking in tongues without leading such person to repentance. If your relatives, friends, family member, neighbor or a stranger is so sick, afflicted, accident victim, or at the point of death, lead them to Christ by telling them to confess their sins and accept Jesus.
Re: Big Mistakes Christians Make When They Meet The Afflicted by Kobojunkie: 10:14am On May 16, 2021
prettyheart:
I was privileged to pray with a boy that had AIDS. He joined me in the prayer, and what I prayed was that God should forgive us our sins... Later on he died.

Please, whenever you meet a sick person, accident victim, crisis victim or those at the point of death, the first prayer to make is for the person to join you in Repentance prayers before praying for healing or whatever. It is not a time to begin speaking in tongues without leading such person to repentance. If your relatives, friends, family member, neighbor or a stranger is so sick, afflicted, accident victim, or at the point of death, lead them to Christ by telling them to confess their sins and accept Jesus.
1. Why lead a one who only seeks to be healed, to repentance ? undecided

2. According to Jesus Christ, in order to enter into the Kingdom of God(not to be mistaken for Heaven itself), one must complete all steps necessary to meet the mark as described by Jesus Christ Himself in John 3 vs 1 -21. In no particular order, the steps are

A. Must have a change of heart and life and be born of water (a step in the born-again process)
B. Must believe Jesus Christ is the New Covenant Law of the Kingdom of God, the agreement between God and individual man
C. Must be saved through the eating of the body and drinking of the blood of Jesus Christ in order to be graced with eternal life in place of the condemnation of sin(Death)
D. Must be born of the Spirit (a step in the born-again process- Spirit here not to be confused with the Spirit of God)

You said you prayed a prayer of repentance with the Boy in question, right before he died. However, according to Jesus Christ, if he never completed all the steps above, he will never make it into his Kingdom. So my question at this point is isn't it a lie to give false hope to a one who has no hope at eternal life? undecided

Second, let's go ahead and assume in this case that the boy was previously born-again and saved .I.e. he was already a citizen of the Kingdom of God. My question here is are you of the mind that saying a prayer of repentance will help usher him into Heaven, this I ask assuming you are also aware that only those who attain God's righteousness are promised Heaven and this by Jesus Christ? undecided

P.s. I think when it comes to healing, we ought to do as Jesus Christ did. He did not attempt to shove Salvation and born-againism at those He healed. He healed them whether they believed in Him or not - except the few He simply told to go and sin no more. undecided

(1) (Reply)

My Question About Night Prayer(salatul Layl) / Demons ? / Anointed Worship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.