Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,776 members, 7,915,173 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 05:40 PM

Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? (29953 Views)

Could This Job Of N130k Weekly Payment Be Real? / This Giveaway Is Better Than Abeg App Giveaway / Help Advice Me; Can It Be Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by chukskafor(m): 9:31am On May 19, 2021
Who Kenneth Okonkwor epp, em don baff ? Better go and sit down before you cry had I known....
This is an old scam dating back over 15 years now; so therefore jakpa o, if you don't want to shade premium tears

1 Like

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by gulfer: 9:32am On May 19, 2021
GorillaApp:
Smells like scam.
He wants to harvest your 6k.
Tell him you will come to Abuja to pick it up in person, let him supply his office address
This doesn't smell like scam but is the REAL SCAM angry angry angry angry angry Have you been on holidays in VENUS bceause I am surprised you are still asking question over a scam method that has been in use for over 10years.......Use your 2 hands to hold your 2 ears and jakpa undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by shadelek(m): 9:32am On May 19, 2021
I don't think the op needed to be told that this is a pure scam.
It's either you win laptop or plasma TV. Is there any correlation between the two?

1 Like

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by MrDoGood(m): 9:32am On May 19, 2021
I'm in Abuja. Drop the address let me verify for you. I can drop photos if there's anything of such

1 Like

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by samsongbemisola(m): 9:33am On May 19, 2021
Pure scam i repeat pure scam. They are inpersonating the person
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by condralbedez: 9:33am On May 19, 2021
Kenneth Okonkwo..(Andy okeke) That's yet to Rebuild his father's house,the dude is not a philanthropist!!

3 Likes

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by TUBLEZ(m): 9:33am On May 19, 2021
Person do give away no fit send the item grin grin that's pure scam my dear, one told me i won some stuff from Nokia office in USA back then,he said the item will arrive Nigeria, sent code and everything then later on he mailed the item arrive and arrived to Abuja airport i should pay money to their agent in Nigeria 25K to ship it to my address in lagos.. I told him to sell one of the item and use the money to ship it grin I sadi i don't even mind getting just half of the items

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by smogia1994(m): 9:34am On May 19, 2021
im happy to reply you so deligently. i dont smell scam, but its a SCAM i have in my own case fall before this same scope was given to me. i called the number he told me to pay part payment. i sent a frnd cos i wasnt in abj, he gave my frnd wromg address and made him rally round about abj. after 2 hrs dribbling my frnd he gave up. but the guy alway insist i pay first. to God who made it i checked the number on true caller wat i saw shocked me. it says DO NOT FALL FOR SCAM on truecaller na so i forget and beg my frnd to forget abt them. meanwhile it isnt the okonkwo its another giveaway

1 Like

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by samsongbemisola(m): 9:34am On May 19, 2021
illicit:
It's better you send money than going in person

That's if you eventually want to try ur luck

So even if it turned out to be scam, what u will lose is money and not ur life

Remember the mudder squad
It is scam
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Sijo01(f): 9:35am On May 19, 2021
grin grin na them o. Pure scam.
Run away and don't look back.
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by MrDoGood(m): 9:35am On May 19, 2021
Maryjane001:
Good evening N/Landers,
I was amongst hundreds of people that participated on a giveaway promo done by a popular actor,Kenneth Okonkwo.
Laptops and plama TVs would be shared amongst his fans randomly. I participated in it on two occasions. The first occasion didn't work out. The second one which happened on 13th May was what I received a reply on 14th but didn't get to read it till yesterday.
I was shocked to see the message because I never thought I would even qualify and also scared to know if it was real or not. Tried checking the email he used to send me the message and it is the same thing with the one on his Facebook page.
Today I called this Tebira guy who is in charge of waybilling the stuffs. He asked for my location and the code I was given. I told him everything. Then he said I have to come to their office in Abuja to get the items or pay 12k if i want it delivered to my place in Enugu.
Asked if he could accept payment in delivery, he said he only accepts half payment which is 6k. Told him to send me the address later on.
So guys is this real or not?. Cuz I m super scared that it might be a scam and would want to forfeit it. Even the Tebira guy told me to forfeit it if I think it is a scam.
Below is the message Kenneth Okonkwo sent to me four days ago.

N:B - I 'm sorry if you feel it's wrong I posted it on this section, I felt here is where I can get advise from the right people.
Also Mods should push to front page so people can be aware of this. Many people could have been scammed by this guys all in the guise of giveaway.

I'm in Abuja. Drop the address let me verify for you. I can drop photos if there's anything of such

But the stuff smells like scam

1 Like

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by illicit(m): 9:35am On May 19, 2021
samsongbemisola:
It is scam

Yes obviously

But incase she still fell for it and lost something

It better be money
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by 27Pushing30: 9:37am On May 19, 2021
Maryjane001:
Good evening N/Landers,
I was amongst hundreds of people that participated on a giveaway promo done by a popular actor,Kenneth Okonkwo.
Laptops and plama TVs would be shared amongst his fans randomly. I participated in it on two occasions. The first occasion didn't work out. The second one which happened on 13th May was what I received a reply on 14th but didn't get to read it till yesterday.
I was shocked to see the message because I never thought I would even qualify and also scared to know if it was real or not. Tried checking the email he used to send me the message and it is the same thing with the one on his Facebook page.
Today I called this Tebira guy who is in charge of waybilling the stuffs. He asked for my location and the code I was given. I told him everything. Then he said I have to come to their office in Abuja to get the items or pay 12k if i want it delivered to my place in Enugu.
Asked if he could accept payment in delivery, he said he only accepts half payment which is 6k. Told him to send me the address later on.
So guys is this real or not?. Cuz I m super scared that it might be a scam and would want to forfeit it. Even the Tebira guy told me to forfeit it if I think it is a scam.

N:B - I 'm sorry if you feel it's wrong I posted it on this section, I felt here is where I can get advise from the right people.
Also Mods should push to front page so people can be aware of this. Many people could have been scammed by this guys all in the guise of giveaway.

That you even need to ask if this is a scam is quite worrisome.

I’ve never been scammed in my life for the mere fact I pay attention to details.

Forget the other signs and look at the last paragraph.

“Please note that delivery is free within his state”. Which state? Even scam online vendors will tell you it’s free within Lagos /Abuja / etc so this is even a very low level scam.

The concluding line then says “unless you live outside his state” . It’s that line that they have used to hook u lol making you undecided on whether or not it’s real.

My dear please go to Twitter , send the Nigerian police force a DM with this fools details and mails and inform them your purpose of this DM is to enable them nip such acts in the bud as these scammers can also double as kidnappers.

Just let it be documented that you have laid a complaint albeit online.

We need to start whistleblowing else more hiny umoren’s Will happen.

Regards.

4 Likes

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by SunTzu123(m): 9:40am On May 19, 2021
Mighty scam! Classical 419; that's actually where the name advance fee fraud comes from. You need to pay for something in advance.
I'm into scam baiting. If you don't mind, send me their details and tell them that your elder brother in Abuja will come to pick up the items.

Or, if you have friends in Abuja in need of some adventure, link me up with them and we will make the scammers pay!
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by 27Pushing30: 9:40am On May 19, 2021
Even the grammar is so offkey

HP laptop and plasma TV

Wtf is plasma tv? Lol
shadelek:
I don't think the op needed to be told that this is a pure scam.
It's either you win laptop or plasma TV. Is there any correlation between the two?

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Nobody: 9:48am On May 19, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

Even scammers on Nairaland will dish out advice, Op...be careful grin

Lol. That Obason22 is a fellow scammer. Arindin scamer

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Wantedmiller: 9:52am On May 19, 2021
paulolee:
big fat scam my gee...people jus de create format this days because things too hard..
na so I apply for one giveaway on tweeter by one account dt claimed to be davido personal person...d gee gat alot of snaps. video. shots with d real davido n he said he is giving 50k to only 20 people..
I apply to try luck n I got a d.m dt I won d moni but before I would be sent, I need to pay 10k for a token code n need to send m bvn so they verify from my account if I really need d moni..
I tell d gee say, mk him tell davido say i say am a big fan of his music bt aside music, him n davido de ment..

Exactly the way the run give away on WhatsApp........... claiming to be give out.
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Agbebakun22: 9:53am On May 19, 2021
Na scams is not Kenneth, they had scammed my guy before, they did Regina Daniels own, funks Akindele and many more na scam oooo
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:53am On May 19, 2021
Nothing but a scammer trying to SCAM you,
Don't fall for those shit, half payment is local format.
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by mariahAngel(f): 9:53am On May 19, 2021
Maryjane001:
Good evening N/Landers,

It's a scam!
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by lawalosky(m): 9:54am On May 19, 2021
Maryjane001:
Good evening N/Landers,

Exactly Thesame thing he sent to me

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Lawbaron: 9:54am On May 19, 2021
Actually, it's a scam. I have been scammed in similar manner before. The moment you send the 6k. You will not hear from them again. Them use Paul O take scam me. My eye clear. Though mine was 4k, but e still pain me.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by TroubleMaker47(m): 9:56am On May 19, 2021
illicit:
It's better you send money than going in person

That's if you eventually want to try ur luck

So even if it turned out to be scam, what u will lose is money and not ur life

Remember the mudder squad
Oga Tebirah i hail oo grin

3 Likes

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Sponsor222(m): 9:57am On May 19, 2021
Omo no send shit o
Na scam o
Dey don scam me plenty for that giveaway bullshit

1 Like

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Olaa: 9:58am On May 19, 2021
Original SCAM.... RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN

Maryjane001:
Good evening N/Landers,

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by armadeo(m): 10:03am On May 19, 2021
Maryjane001:
Good evening N/Landers,

This old format.

If you fall for this....

Modified I can even feel you quivering with anticipation, that's exactly how your scammer wants you to feel..better keep your 6k.
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Alex08101558404: 10:05am On May 19, 2021
Bro na scam ,they did same tin to my lil bro ..same tactics too I told em to supply to my location den I pay..till today dem Blok me
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Leemekzy: 10:20am On May 19, 2021
Maryjane001:

The 6k na for part payment of the waybill money
its scam. The same guy used NGOZI EZEONU'S name to scam a friend.
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Frenzy01(m): 10:21am On May 19, 2021
Nah big scam oo.. Don't try it
I once fell for something like that too.

Abeg.. I sell and buy any breed of dogs swiftly at a very reasonable price.
I also offer pet care services
Stud services
Boarding services.
Check my siggy for contact information and slide into my DM so we could have a business
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Leemekzy: 10:22am On May 19, 2021
Maryjane001:

There is a suspicious thing going on now. I tried accessing the page which the promos were done but couldn't find it. But it is his main account on FB, not fan page or whatever.
The Tabira guy is yet to send me the address.
I don't even have money to give to anybody. Me that I m broke like this. If he isn't doing pay on delivery, I go just wash my hands comot. Good things don't come easy abeg
thas not his main account.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bank Phb Is Recruiting! / Advans Lafayette Mfb Test Invite / Immigration Provisional Appointment Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.