Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,836 members, 7,872,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:32 PM

Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? (29783 Views)

Could This Job Of N130k Weekly Payment Be Real? / This Giveaway Is Better Than Abeg App Giveaway / Help Advice Me; Can It Be Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by illicit(m): 12:48pm On May 19, 2021
TroubleMaker47:

Oga Tebirah i hail oo grin

No be only Tebirah

Na Lanre Teribah
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Psoul(m): 12:54pm On May 19, 2021
Maryjane001:
Good evening N/Landers,
I was amongst hundreds of people that participated on a giveaway promo done by a popular actor,Kenneth Okonkwo.
Laptops and plama TVs would be shared amongst his fans randomly. I participated in it on two occasions. The first occasion didn't work out. The second one which happened on 13th May was what I received a reply on 14th but didn't get to read it till yesterday.
I was shocked to see the message because I never thought I would even qualify and also scared to know if it was real or not. Tried checking the email he used to send me the message and it is the same thing with the one on his Facebook page.
Today I called this Tebira guy who is in charge of waybilling the stuffs. He asked for my location and the code I was given. I told him everything. Then he said I have to come to their office in Abuja to get the items or pay 12k if i want it delivered to my place in Enugu.
Asked if he could accept payment in delivery, he said he only accepts half payment which is 6k. Told him to send me the address later on.
So guys is this real or not?. Cuz I m super scared that it might be a scam and would want to forfeit it. Even the Tebira guy told me to forfeit it if I think it is a scam.
Below is the message Kenneth Okonkwo sent to me four days ago.

N:B - I 'm sorry if you feel it's wrong I posted it on this section, I felt here is where I can get advise from the right people.
Also Mods should push to front page so people can be aware of this. Many people could have been scammed by this guys all in the guise of giveaway.

If you don't know what to do with that money u want to send to those scammers, u better take it and bless ur mother, father or siblings wt it.
There is nothing like giveaway from Kenneth Okonkwo to his fans.
You people should stop accepting all those celebrity's fans Facebook group. Most of them are scammers.
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by RexTramadol1: 1:05pm On May 19, 2021
Na scam

NA SCAM ooooo

Na all these baby yahoo people
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by AuroraB(f): 1:09pm On May 19, 2021
pjc:
Scam... Kenneth Okonkwo is not a philanthropist
Chineke nna cheesy cheesy cheesy shocked
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by BruncleZuma: 1:14pm On May 19, 2021
pjc:
Scam... Kenneth Okonkwo is not a philanthropist
grin grin grin grin
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Fanuchi007: 1:30pm On May 19, 2021
It's scam. I have done my research checking on all his official Media handles an nothing came up like that. I think if he was doing any form of charity, he will announce it officially through his Facebook or Instagram page

1 Like

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Chixco95(m): 2:03pm On May 19, 2021
Maryjane001:

Last year, a friend I met online that is based abroad wanted to pull a birthday scam on me. I didn't ask for any gift, he insisted he wanted to waybill an iPhone with dollars inside. That I should pay 15k. I just blocked him immediately
Once bitten, twice shy
To use an iPhone then dey sweet me too. They said I won a consolation prize of iPhone 7
grin

1 Like

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by profeoo(m): 2:57pm On May 19, 2021
That was how 2SURE_DIGITALS did a so called giveaway last month on Instagram.
Phone: 09058834529

They scammed my friend 3k for delivery of IPhone 7 from Zamfara State to Lagos. The next day they took down their Page and opened another with same format claiming 'Previous account was hacked at 64k'

Below are the details the scammer used:

Account Name: Mallam Audu
Account Number: 3147696152
Bank: First Bank

Now they are called ANTALA_MOBILE.

They just keep changing their Instagram page with the ' previous account was hacked at 64k' format

1 Like

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by ashantitope: 3:21pm On May 19, 2021
Don't fall for it ooooooooo scam scam it local scam please am begging you don't fall for it
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by GOOOGLE504(m): 3:31pm On May 19, 2021
Maryjane001:

Last year, a friend I met online that is based abroad wanted to pull a birthday scam on me. I didn't ask for any gift, he insisted he wanted to waybill an iPhone with dollars inside. That I should pay 15k. I just blocked him immediately

Sounds familiar lols, that guy no be abroad at all, they will promise u lappy and iPhone with dollars inside.

This trick is what they are tweaking to giveaway that OP faced.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by macdammy(m): 4:41pm On May 19, 2021
Op, since delivery around his location is free, i have a friend who stays around him.

Let's link up so my friend can get it, then you collect it from him
That's how best to know if its genuine.

If you send him money, that means na you do giveaway.

Call me here
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by charixel: 4:48pm On May 19, 2021
Maryjane001:
Good evening N/Landers,
I was amongst hundreds of people that participated on a giveaway promo done by a popular actor,Kenneth Okonkwo.
Laptops and plama TVs would be shared amongst his fans randomly. I participated in it on two occasions. The first occasion didn't work out. The second one which happened on 13th May was what I received a reply on 14th but didn't get to read it till yesterday.
I was shocked to see the message because I never thought I would even qualify and also scared to know if it was real or not. Tried checking the email he used to send me the message and it is the same thing with the one on his Facebook page.
Today I called this Tebira guy who is in charge of waybilling the stuffs. He asked for my location and the code I was given. I told him everything. Then he said I have to come to their office in Abuja to get the items or pay 12k if i want it delivered to my place in Enugu.
Asked if he could accept payment in delivery, he said he only accepts half payment which is 6k. Told him to send me the address later on.
So guys is this real or not?. Cuz I m super scared that it might be a scam and would want to forfeit it. Even the Tebira guy told me to forfeit it if I think it is a scam.
Below is the message Kenneth Okonkwo sent to me four days ago.

N:B - I 'm sorry if you feel it's wrong I posted it on this section, I felt here is where I can get advise from the right people.
Also Mods should push to front page so people can be aware of this. Many people could have been scammed by this guys all in the guise of giveaway.

It is SCAM
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Smiles000: 5:13pm On May 19, 2021
NA THEM
blazepascal:
that guy is a good scammer. I like his tactics I've learnt one or two.
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Smiles000: 5:15pm On May 19, 2021
profeoo:
That was how 2SURE_DIGITALS did a so called giveaway last month on Instagram.
Phone: 09058834529

They scammed my friend 3k for delivery of IPhone 7 from Zamfara State to Lagos. The next day they took down their Page and opened another with same format claiming 'Previous account was hacked at 64k'

Below are the details the scammer used:

Account Name: Mallam Audu
Account Number: 3147696152
Bank: First Bank

Now they are called ANTALA_MOBILE.

They just keep changing their Instagram page with the ' previous account was hacked at 64k' format

CAN YOU IMAGINE
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Freemasonry: 5:32pm On May 19, 2021
Chaii!
So people are still falling for this silly scam!?

Bros, FYI, this is a certified scam. If you’re in doubt, send the money and kiss it goodbye.
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by mizzyoma(f): 6:25pm On May 19, 2021
this is complete scam, fall for it at your own peril, dont pay dime dont allow alonga to get plasma make you loose your hard earned money, if its give away you should pay at delivery

1 Like

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by may320: 6:55pm On May 19, 2021
Maryjane001:
Thanks a lot guys. It's definitely a scam.
Don't fall for it, it's SCAM!
They've used this type of line in the past few years before, guess they're bringing it up again cos people have sort of forgot about it.

If you tell them Abuja address, they'll tell you to come to Lagos. If you say you're in Lag, they'll ask which side, then give you area that's like North and South to where you mention......or tell you it's Warri office that's in charge of the gift items again.
Also, they normally use pictures and names of popular people to make it look like it's real.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by BBQZ: 7:57pm On May 19, 2021
KO can afford to gift you and other people new laptops and and plasma TVs and would then be bothering you of 12k delivery fee? Think am...

1 Like

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Cindy222(f): 10:33pm On May 19, 2021
It's a scam o....

He is gonna make you feel as if you're missing something good so you can have 2nd thoughts and later fall for their crap....

Just bone them,if celebrities actually wanna give you something for real,you won't pay anything.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by sheriffdude: 11:08am On Jul 02, 2021
I received a similar message from an account named Kenneth Arinzechukwu Okonkwo on Facebook. When I called the guy and told him I was in Lagos, he then said he was in Gwarimpa, Abuja. For delivery to Lagos, he asked me to pay 17k but I insisted I'd only opt for Pay on Delivery. Then he agreed I could pay half of the amount and give him the remainder once the laptop and plasma TV are delivered. We hanged up.

Minutes later, I called him back that someone would pick up the items for me in Abuja. Then the guy, now realising that I'm smarter than him, became aggressive and insisted that he was only mandated to deliver it to the winner in person and not a third party receiving it on behalf of the winner.

At this point, it became clear that his intention was fraudulent.
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Chiglory: 7:26am On Apr 08, 2023
lanocfoods:

If you have someone in abuja, authorize them to pick on your behalf, then the person will waybill it, if he is genuine he won't have a problem with that
I got same message too. Am in Abuja but mine is in Portharcout, he said line is 17k

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Graduate Trainees Needed At Consolidated Breweries Plc August 2013 / Workforce Interview / My Experience With UBA Bank Aptitude Test Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.