Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,335 members, 7,881,239 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:58 PM

Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? (27645 Views)

My Encounter With My Ex-girlfriend - Company Owner Shares Story / Please Help Me Confirm If This Job Invitation Is Real!! / Are You Interested In This Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Victoria938(f): 5:59am On May 21, 2021
Do your work, get your pay pack and go home. Don't recommend anybody because you may not like the outcome. I repeat, don't bring in a close acquaint to your workplace if you like your job and don't want conspiracy. To be forewarned is to be forearmed. This is pragmatic conception as a result of my experience.
Although, you may recommend her to other firms for job consideration but not your firm. I hope you get the point.

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by MeghaneMorgane(f): 6:16am On May 21, 2021
Let your ex alone. If you have any female friend from church or university or a distance relative , you can recommend them.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Tsolutionifede(m): 6:55am On May 21, 2021
Elporo:

Arrant nonsense.
lol, one Malians sighted.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Nobody: 7:46am On May 21, 2021
InformationPro:

And you are sure I am not a lady, right? Even if I am an hermaphrodite, I think you should allow me shoot my shot!
you don change gender Sharp Sharp . grin grin
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by ledaman: 10:07am On May 21, 2021
I guess you wanna lose your job. Because your ex would destroy you when she get the job you are about to recommend for her.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by joy4real1(f): 10:35am On May 21, 2021
Am available please! If there is still a vacancy. God bless you in return.

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Kingzy4pep(m): 10:55am On May 21, 2021
My simple advice is that you should look for another person.
Go to your church and ask the pastor if any member fits that role. My 2cent
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by iInjureHerYansh: 12:21pm On May 21, 2021
Forthispost:
Hello Nairalanders. I need your honest feedback on this issue.

There is this ex of mine I dated for approximately 4 years. During the course of our relationship, I Was totally in my best power not to be the toxic one and never cheated on her but she eventually left with no viable reason. There were times she messed up and I forgave her even while we dated.
Close to the time of her graduation from a reputable state university in Nigeria, she started messing up and eventually broke up the relationship.
I was pained though but I had to forgive her and move on.

After the break up (which is about 3 years away now) we still talk (greetings on phone) once in a blue moon.

Now the issue at hand is, a male boss of mine requested that I recommend a female staff that matches a particular vacant role in our organisation .
Note: This is an internal recruitment and who ever I recommend stand a 95% chance of getting employed ( the other 5% if for village people). The role is an entry role with pay centered around 80k-100k monthly. She currently earns 22k where she works now at at our last conversation. Though she use to be a cool person before her village people entered the relationship. Over three years of not being close as before gives me no clue of the type of person she might have become now. Maybe a scorned woman or a more sensible person. I'm doing far better than when she left me and it's super glaring to her.

The reason why I need advice is this: I work at the same organisation in question and I have no plan to leave soon. I'm trying to avoid a case where she will be the one to facilitate any issue for me at the said work place. Just avoiding anything that will result in regrets.

Update: I forgot to add, she's one of the person I know who suits the role. I don't have sister who matches the role.

I created this new account for just this thread hence the moniker "for this post"

Kindly advice biko. Bashing is allowed.
You're a fool to even think of her in the first place
Premium tears awaits you in abundance
Tueh! angry
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by iInjureHerYansh: 12:23pm On May 21, 2021
Bigdik70inch2:

I pity u!!!
Shm......
Leave that woman alone........sims u haven't learnt your lesson
Leave the unrepentant simp alone to get burnt to ashes by a supposed hoe

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 21, 2021
She's very likely to cause you issues at that place. But I always advice that you help people whenever you are in a position to, especially since you said she's qualified. Las Las, you qo shaa dey alright
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Fadoria: 12:31pm On May 21, 2021
AM INTERESTED IN THE JOB PLS,
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Rhozabeth(m): 1:35pm On May 21, 2021
Bros if na sense u no get, go borrow one o! Your ex may be qualified but she is the most unsuitable for that job. If u want peace at ur place of work don't bring her close to ur place of work!
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by VTJN(m): 3:44pm On May 21, 2021
iInjureHerYansh:

Leave the unrepentant simp alone to get burnt to ashes by a supposed hoe
Lol, una dey para

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by WudBMother: 3:53pm On May 21, 2021
If the position is still open recommend her, and don't let her know you did. If possible, ensure she does not report to you.

For those telling you not to, What if this person applied for another position from the outside and was successful, will you keep malice with her in the office, simply because you dated previously? Be wise.

BTW you are not meant to receive something in return from every recipient of your acts of kindness. Leave the reward for God.

Forthispost:
Hello Nairalanders. I need your honest feedback on this issue.

There is this ex of mine I dated for approximately 4 years. During the course of our relationship, I Was totally in my best power not to be the toxic one and never cheated on her but she eventually left with no viable reason. There were times she messed up and I forgave her even while we dated.
Close to the time of her graduation from a reputable state university in Nigeria, she started messing up and eventually broke up the relationship.
I was pained though but I had to forgive her and move on.

After the break up (which is about 3 years away now) we still talk (greetings on phone) once in a blue moon.

Now the issue at hand is, a male boss of mine requested that I recommend a female staff that matches a particular vacant role in our organisation .
Note: This is an internal recruitment and who ever I recommend stand a 95% chance of getting employed ( the other 5% if for village people). The role is an entry role with pay centered around 80k-100k monthly. She currently earns 22k where she works now at at our last conversation. Though she use to be a cool person before her village people entered the relationship. Over three years of not being close as before gives me no clue of the type of person she might have become now. Maybe a scorned woman or a more sensible person. I'm doing far better than when she left me and it's super glaring to her.

The reason why I need advice is this: I work at the same organisation in question and I have no plan to leave soon. I'm trying to avoid a case where she will be the one to facilitate any issue for me at the said work place. Just avoiding anything that will result in regrets.

Update: I forgot to add, she's one of the person I know who suits the role. I don't have sister who matches the role.

I created this new account for just this thread hence the moniker "for this post"

Kindly advice biko. Bashing is allowed.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by InformationPro(f): 5:55pm On May 21, 2021
Wittyduchess:
you don change gender Sharp Sharp . grin grin

Incase you didn't notice, I hardly comment here. I only indicated (not change) gender to avoid getting remarks relating to that in the future.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 21, 2021
InformationPro:

Incase you didn't notice I hardly comment here. I only indicated (not change) gender to avoid getting remarks relating to that in the future.

K.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Kenechukwu98: 4:20pm On May 22, 2021
My brother na who see you, you go see na so life be... Me personally I don't think I have anything with my ex cos DOS are in the past... Why I'm saying this is that I have seen people their favour and good will has fell all in the name of trying to make everyone fine... Check in your family instead in your community there is a soul there you can save..must not be someone you know...if she actually left you for no reason as you said and you have the mind to do this... Mehn you're plotting your downfall... No cap...... Anything wey b ex na level you suppose dey give them..

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Government Is Recruiting Teachers. Application Closees 25th July / Five Million Applied For N-power Batch C - Sadiya Umar Farouq, Minister / Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.