Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,350 members, 7,881,296 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:08 PM

Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? (27648 Views)

My Encounter With My Ex-girlfriend - Company Owner Shares Story / Please Help Me Confirm If This Job Invitation Is Real!! / Are You Interested In This Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by sylve11: 5:47pm On May 20, 2021
Saintkollyjoe:
Obviously you are the one that was dumped. In fact you endured many bad treatments while dating her but your hunger for her punana will not make you to dump her. Eventually she dumped yourself,it pained but you eventually accepted that she was gone but you still greet her and call her thinking that she may look your direction and consider you again. But she did not. Now you are looking for an opportunity to bring her under you by giving a job. You think she will be grateful and open wide for you after. Now let me tell you this: she will not. In fact she may plot your removal from that job. So if you still have some sense in that your stupidity infested skull, walk away. For good. Don't give her any job opportunity.

Lol grin cool
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by emmnprince(m): 5:48pm On May 20, 2021
Hintona:
Put emotions aside and do what needs to be done.

Tell him what needs to be done Hintona!
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by sylve11: 5:49pm On May 20, 2021
luminouz:

What's doing this one? undecided

The story is fake BTW. No ballsy nigga would ever come online to ask such mumu question.

Somehow, you're right. cool
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Cowbell521: 5:50pm On May 20, 2021
Hintona:
Put emotions aside and do what needs to be done.
what is the tin? Ex is gone and gone for good
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by quineP(f): 5:50pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:
Hello Nairalanders. I need your honest feedback on this issue.

There is this ex of mine I dated for approximately 4 years. During the course of our relationship, I Was totally in my best power not to be the toxic one and never cheated on her but she eventually left with no viable reason. There were times she messed up and I forgave her even while we dated.
Close to the time of her graduation from a reputable state university in Nigeria, she started messing up and eventually broke up the relationship.
I was pained though but I had to forgive her and move on.

After the break up (which is about 3 years away now) we still talk (greetings on phone) once in a blue moon.

Now the issue at hand is, a male boss of mine requested that I recommend a female staff that matches a particular vacant role in our organisation .
Note: This is an internal recruitment and who ever I recommend stand a 95% chance of getting employed ( the other 5% if for village people). The role is an entry role with pay centered around 80k-100k monthly. She currently earns 22k where she works now at at our last conversation. Though she use to be a cool person before her village people entered the relationship. Over three years of not being close as before gives me no clue of the type of person she might have become now. Maybe a scorned woman or a more sensible person. I'm doing far better than when she left me and it's super glaring to her.

The reason why I need advice is this: I work at the same organisation in question and I have no plan to leave soon. I'm trying to avoid a case where she will be the one to facilitate any issue for me at the said work place. Just avoiding anything that will result in regrets.

Update: I forgot to add, she's one of the person I know who suits the role. I don't have sister who matches the role.

I created this new account for just this thread hence the moniker "for this post"

Kindly advice biko. Bashing is allowed.
op incase you did not hire your ex for the role, i’m the perfect person for the job... i’m in need of a job right now. Thanks
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by ACKayleb: 5:52pm On May 20, 2021
my brother na so fiance give fiancee work ooo for work place, omo fiancee start date fiance Oga, fiance contract finish Oga refuse to renew my guy contract, fiance was the one who even wrote the test for her and made he was part of the interview panel so that e no get how fiancee no go pass, very dull fiancee self ooo, my guy almost committed suicide, na grace of God, couldn't eat properly for over six months, someone earning net of 450K(NGN) with an INGO, bros use your head, I will never give wether girlfriend oo, ex or or even fiancee work where I work never, I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by emmnprince(m): 5:53pm On May 20, 2021
Don't recommend her. I repeat: Don't recommend her!

Except you want to foolishly set yourself up and rest your soul in final pieces, recommend her!

Whether you recommend her or not, that's not even our business! After all, you will still make your decision and won't give us feedback!
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Cowbell521: 5:53pm On May 20, 2021
Bigdik70inch2:

I pity u!!!
Shm......
Leave that woman alone........sims u haven't learnt your lesson

The Mumu guy go still recommend her.... Just wait and see... He wan use hin hand spoil hin life.

Forthispost:

Hmmmmmm
See am... He don dey say Hmmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Simplythebest: 5:59pm On May 20, 2021
Pls better tell ur boss to make the job vacant open to public with that he will get the person that suit the job since u don't have anyone aside from her cus of story that touches the heart. Is better not to bring her were u work incase of tomorrow. If u see another job in other places u can recommend her but not the place office with u. Pls save ur self hid i know of tomorrow u will start to say. A word is a enough for the wise.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Thomkelleb(m): 5:59pm On May 20, 2021
I would say you recommend her for the job ex's are still humans and they deserve our help remember who get today no get tomorrow, becos of this singlar act you are saving a whole generation cos she might be the bread winner in her family...help revolve around help
Thanks[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by emmnprince(m): 6:00pm On May 20, 2021
ACKayleb:
my brother na so fiance give fiancee work ooo for work place, omo fiancee start date fiance Oga, fiance contract finish Oga refuse to renew my guy contract, fiance was the one who even wrote the test for her and made he was part of the interview panel so that e no get how fiancee no go pass, very dull fiancee self ooo, my guy almost committed suicide, na grace of God, couldn't eat properly for over six months, someone earning net of 450K(NGN) with an INGO, bros use your head, I will never give wether girlfriend oo, ex or or even fiancee work where I work never, I rest my case

My guy you're thinking well. You advised him based on the experience you witnessed.

Even if someone countered your advice by saying she's not that fiancee and wouldn't act like he, after all, humans are different, it is far better to be a safe side than try to give it a try by setting a stage you might end up not featuring when the performance is set!

Succumb not to self-emotional manipulation.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Godful: 6:00pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

There is this ex of mine I dated for approximately 4 years. During the course of our relationship, I Was totally in my best power not to be the toxic one and never cheated on her but she eventually left with no viable reason. There were times she messed up and I forgave her even while we dated.
Close to the time of her graduation from a reputable state university in Nigeria, she started messing up and eventually broke up the relationship.

After the break up (which is about 3 years away now) we still talk (greetings on phone) once in a blue moon.

Now the issue at hand is, a male boss of mine requested that I recommend a female staff that matches a particular vacant role in our organisation .
Note: This is an internal recruitment and who ever I recommend stand a 95% chance of getting employed ( the other 5% if for village people). The role is an entry role with pay centered around 80k-100k monthly. She currently earns 22k where she works now at at our last conversation. Though she use to be a cool person before her village people entered the relationship. Over three years of not being close as before gives me no clue of the type of person she might have become now. Maybe a scorned woman or a more sensible person. I'm doing far better than when she left me and it's super glaring to her.

The reason why I need advice is this: I work at the same organisation in question and I have no plan to leave soon. I'm trying to avoid a case where she will be the one to facilitate any issue for me at the said work place. Just avoiding anything that will result in regrets.

Update: I forgot to add, she's one of the person I know who suits the role. I don't have sister who matches the role.

I created this new account for just this thread hence the moniker "for this post"

don't recommend her if you don't have a plan of leaving the organization soon. E get y
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Oiza131(f): 6:00pm On May 20, 2021
Since you're skeptical about your decision. Abeg recommend me. I need a job.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Puhrs: 6:01pm On May 20, 2021
no . they are wicked
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Afonja2: 6:02pm On May 20, 2021
Mr. Woman wrapper, recommend her if you have found another job. Talking from experience, you will live to regret this. Cram that!
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by pretydiva(f): 6:04pm On May 20, 2021
Op if you no wan recommend her for the job, link me up biko
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by pretydiva(f): 6:04pm On May 20, 2021
And where does she works that pays her 22k shocked
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Rickylambert: 6:06pm On May 20, 2021
It’s only a matter of time
U will lose ur job.Sorry if I sound harsh.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by D1zion: 6:07pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

The office is close to where I work. In fact, I've been the one supervising the unit. sad
if you do it,you'll regret it tomorrow I bet you.check around I believe you'll get better people suitable for the post as well.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by aishapmbtoto: 6:07pm On May 20, 2021
You will REGRET it if you ever give her the job.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by adonaimart(m): 6:09pm On May 20, 2021
If I can answer my questions 95% by myself, then I should know what to do..

Bros japa!!

It will bring no good and besides you still de catch feelings..

Check my signature; don't think you owe your boss anything. Once the job doesn't fit with your professional goals, bros Japa!!!
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Godfather898989: 6:12pm On May 20, 2021
You must have a female relation to recommend.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Lexusgs430: 6:16pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

You dated her for 4 years, and you still don't know what went wrong....... Keep wondering........ cheesy

One degree course length ...... WASTED....... tongue
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Nonexisting: 6:19pm On May 20, 2021
If you don't have sisters, go to your village church and tell your priest to help recommend someone from there. This is what I do when I want to help random people. That uour exgirlfriend will come and fucck your boss. After that, she will ruin your friendship with him with bad blood and possibly force you out of there. Don't say we didn't warn you.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Innomach(m): 6:21pm On May 20, 2021
First of all, she's a human being. Ex or no ex, she needs to survive. If you think you can influence her live positively by getting her the job, why not help her out. After all, there's no perfect human. Just do your best and leave the rest.

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by pmc01(m): 6:23pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

Thank you. I beginning to think it's a bad idea to recommend her

Recommend her, but don't get involved in anything after that. You can let your boss know why, if you are that close. But that will mean you can hold yourself from paying her no attention. Put away all feelings for her, knowing what isn't meant to be wouldn't be.

For the sake of her own family and dependents, she deserves a better paying job. But never let her know you recommended her or had anything to do with it.

That's maturity.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by pmc01(m): 6:24pm On May 20, 2021
Innomach:
First of all, she's a human being. Ex or no ex, she needs to survive. If you think you can influence her live positively by getting her the job, why not help her out. After all, there's no perfect human. Just do your best and leave the rest.

Of course
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by habakukjss3: 6:25pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

Bro I heard u mentioned how she " messed" in the relationship u guys had.

And how do u think she won't mess you up now when she acclamitize in the workplace.

It's a stake, she might mess you up , at the same time she might now.

Obviously, don't take that risk of bringing her in due to her ugly antecedents.
It's so glared you r better than her now financially, if actually u want to help her send her huge amount of money or better still get her a job outside your organization.
Some risks are not worth taking

Use Your head and not your heart here
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by gift4nature(f): 6:25pm On May 20, 2021
Abeg recommend me. I seriously need a job. I have a bsc in psychology and also a quick study
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by DEBJOCH1(m): 6:30pm On May 20, 2021
HELP HER IF YOU MIND TELLS YOU THAT, REMEMBER DONT PAY EVIL TO EVIL, JUST GO AHEAD AND HELP HER, I DONT SEE HER HURTING YOU.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by one4GOD(f): 6:30pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

Do not take friends and family members to where you eat, might be dangerous and risky. if your yam dey white, make you cover am
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by DEBJOCH1(m): 6:32pm On May 20, 2021
HELP HER IF YOUR MIND TELLS YOU THAT, REMEMBER, DONT PAY EVIL TO EVIL, NOT EVERY RELATIONSHIP WILL END IN MARRIAGE, SHE LEAVING YOU DURING YOUR COURTSHIP DOESNT MAKE HER A WITCH OR A BAD FELLOW JUST GO AHEAD AND HELP HER, FATE HAS A WAY OF BRINGING PEOPLE TOGETHER, I DONT SEE HER HURTING YOU.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Government Is Recruiting Teachers. Application Closees 25th July / Five Million Applied For N-power Batch C - Sadiya Umar Farouq, Minister / Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.