Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,342 members, 7,881,263 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:29 PM

Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? (27647 Views)

My Encounter With My Ex-girlfriend - Company Owner Shares Story / Please Help Me Confirm If This Job Invitation Is Real!! / Are You Interested In This Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by k4all(m): 5:31pm On May 20, 2021
I repeat; don't try it.

Never try it.

Just don't try what you are about to do.

That's if you still Love your job. Look for someone you have nothing with and recommend the person for the job, especially in your neighborhood; someone who you know needs it.

You will be blessed doing this; than shooting yourself in the head by yourself, through an ex, who you know is or was toxic.

#butwhatdoiknow.

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by symbian123(m): 5:32pm On May 20, 2021
Lol. A regular girl I helped get a job when she was in need decided to use it against me. She said I gave her the job cos I wanted to shag her. She even insulted my grandma when we had a little scuffle. They usually seem nice at first but later expose their true self when they get settled. She could connive with one or two persons and u could lose ur position..She's an Ex for a reason. Let her be. Dont bring such drama into where u earn a living! I'm speaking from experience. If she hurts u eventually after getting the job, you'd start regretting why u gave it to her.. Leave that babe alone bro!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:
Hello Nairalanders. I need your honest feedback on this issue.

There is this ex of mine I dated for approximately 4 years. During the course of our relationship, I Was totally in my best power not to be the toxic one and never cheated on her but she eventually left with no viable reason. There were times she messed up and I forgave her even while we dated.
Close to the time of her graduation from a reputable state university in Nigeria, she started messing up and eventually broke up the relationship.
I was pained though but I had to forgive her and move on.

After the break up (which is about 3 years away now) we still talk (greetings on phone) once in a blue moon.

Now the issue at hand is, a male boss of mine requested that I recommend a female staff that matches a particular vacant role in our organisation .
Note: This is an internal recruitment and who ever I recommend stand a 95% chance of getting employed ( the other 5% if for village people). The role is an entry role with pay centered around 80k-100k monthly. She currently earns 22k where she works now at at our last conversation. Though she use to be a cool person before her village people entered the relationship. Over three years of not being close as before gives me no clue of the type of person she might have become now. Maybe a scorned woman or a more sensible person. I'm doing far better than when she left me and it's super glaring to her.

The reason why I need advice is this: I work at the same organisation in question and I have no plan to leave soon. I'm trying to avoid a case where she will be the one to facilitate any issue for me at the said work place. Just avoiding anything that will result in regrets.

Update: I forgot to add, she's one of the person I know who suits the role. I don't have sister who matches the role.

I created this new account for just this thread hence the moniker "for this post"

Kindly advice biko. Bashing is allowed.

Don't shìt where you eat bro
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by naijaebay: 5:35pm On May 20, 2021
Don't do it, it will end badly for you.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by FLESHnBLOOD(m): 5:35pm On May 20, 2021
I came to know your final decision on the matter and not to give u advice. So whats it going to be?
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by FatGuy: 5:36pm On May 20, 2021
Let the sleeping dog lie o
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Fairbanks(m): 5:36pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

There is this ex of mine I dated for approximately 4 years. During the course of our relationship, I Was totally in my best power not to be the toxic one and never cheated on her but she eventually left with no viable reason. There were times she messed up and I forgave her even while we dated.
Close to the time of her graduation from a reputable state university in Nigeria, she started messing up and eventually broke up the relationship.

After the break up (which is about 3 years away now) we still talk (greetings on phone) once in a blue moon.

Now the issue at hand is, a male boss of mine requested that I recommend a female staff that matches a particular vacant role in our organisation .
Note: This is an internal recruitment and who ever I recommend stand a 95% chance of getting employed ( the other 5% if for village people). The role is an entry role with pay centered around 80k-100k monthly. She currently earns 22k where she works now at at our last conversation. Though she use to be a cool person before her village people entered the relationship. Over three years of not being close as before gives me no clue of the type of person she might have become now. Maybe a scorned woman or a more sensible person. I'm doing far better than when she left me and it's super glaring to her.

The reason why I need advice is this: I work at the same organisation in question and I have no plan to leave soon. I'm trying to avoid a case where she will be the one to facilitate any issue for me at the said work place. Just avoiding anything that will result in regrets.

Update: I forgot to add, she's one of the person I know who suits the role. I don't have sister who matches the role.

I created this new account for just this thread hence the moniker "for this post"

07039314345.... Pls recommend my sister, this is her number
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Nelgenius4me(m): 5:36pm On May 20, 2021
Are you not trying to activate an old flame? Bringing an ex to work in same organisation is a no no. Guy let he remain where she is now.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by DMerciful(m): 5:37pm On May 20, 2021
If you do not help her there is no risk because she's not aware of the opening. If you do, there's considerable risk so why take risk in a place where you earn your living? If you know what is good for you, do not recommend her. Do not say you weren't warned because village people will not be responsible.

If a dog bite you the first time, that dog is mad but if same dog bite you again, you're mad. Use your tongue to count your teeth
Forthispost:

2 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by just2endowed: 5:37pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

find another person if you like yoiur job veru well....
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Burna440(m): 5:37pm On May 20, 2021
A male boss of urs needs a female employee and u are deciding to recommend ur ex? I am not wishing you bad but believe me you will regret it big time.

If you were the one that broke up with her, it would have been better sef to recommend her but she broke up with u... what makes u think she will not get close to the said BOSS and make u loose ur job for the guy she left u for?

Abeg since u no get sister to help, me I get sister and I believe my sisters are nice for the job, Abeg send me ur email make she send CV, thank u bros

2 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by zolajpower: 5:38pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

Rw you slowmirr or airforce1? shocked
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Atonsboy(m): 5:39pm On May 20, 2021
SEEN. Brother Abeg help her if you want to help her. It came from ur mind is not like she is pestering u to. U never will know where this kind gesture will lead to in future. Don't worry "our good no go kill us"
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Simple51624(f): 5:39pm On May 20, 2021
I do hope that everyone of us casting the first stone is blameless. I sincerely do hope so.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Qoko: 5:40pm On May 20, 2021
Godada:

Don't you have a sister or someone else? You gotta actually move on from a relationship that crashed

Read in between the lines
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by OloriVin(f): 5:40pm On May 20, 2021
Please, I'm interested in the job in case you end up not recommending her. Thanks
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by sylve11: 5:41pm On May 20, 2021
Firefox01:
The fact that you work there should be enough motivation not to recommend her. At the end of the day, she'll start fucking your boss and eventually get you sacked.

The op doesn't reason well. Leave him jare. cool
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Peterosky(m): 5:41pm On May 20, 2021
Op this is a very difficult decision to make though, I believe paying evil with good is the best decision to take and watch how her conscience fight for you.
All I am saying is,it will be a good idea to recommend her for the job as this will give her the understanding that she actually messed up with a guy that truly loved her.
Trust me,I have done same for a lot of my exes.So do it for her since she is the only person you know that is best for the job.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by shegzydave(m): 5:41pm On May 20, 2021
youj must be a motherfucker for coming here to ask this type of question
can she do such for you? even if u have not break up am sure she wont recommend such job for you let alone when you break up even for three years why cant you use your brain, guy you are not man enough
infact if am the one i will let her know and i wont give her the job i will tell her i rather give it to outsider than her,
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by TheGreatIYANU: 5:41pm On May 20, 2021
ojuolu:

I don't know why I feel you have answered your questions in your submission. Please note the bolded in your write up.
Please close your eyes, look elsewhere.
When opportunity come where you are not likely to be burnt, you may consider her...no hard feelings, just my gut telling me this...and it always 95% right.

His intuition is speaking and he can't hear it.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by DamianBriel(m): 5:42pm On May 20, 2021
Godada:

Don't you have a sister or someone else? You gotta actually move on from a relationship that crashed

Oga she go eventually put you for wahala o. My people say "firewood wer dem don use before no dey tay to catch fire o." If she gets picked eventually, it's 80% possible that you guys could pick up your relationship and e no go jell for your job. However, my sister just finished NYSC o. Hafa? Lol
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by ACKayleb: 5:42pm On May 20, 2021
[quote author=sylve11 post=101892149]

my brother na so fiance give fiancee work ooo for work place, omo fiancee start date fiance Oga, fiance contract finish Oga refuse to renew my guy contract, guy almost committed suicide, na grace of God someone earning net of 450K(NGN) with an INGO, bros use your head, I will never give wether girlfriend oo, ex or or even fiance work where I work never, I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by confirmedniggae: 5:43pm On May 20, 2021
Don't ever do that ..

Talking from experience
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Awoo88: 5:43pm On May 20, 2021
If she starts working in the place, two things are involved. Is either you two start fucking again which will complicate things for you or you two will turn into bitter enemies. Which either way, it will not turn out well for you

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Deydontknow(m): 5:44pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

Guy the worst thing you can do yourself is to recommend that girl, take it or leave it she will be the reason why you will loose your job, I'm telling you out of experience.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Laboni: 5:44pm On May 20, 2021
I see you looking for a job very soon.. She will eventually facilitate your sack.. Be humble like a dove and wise like a snake.. Bible says so.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Revolva(m): 5:44pm On May 20, 2021
Op you are a slowpoke....helping a woman that dos not even love you and even give a damm about you....infact as both of you have broke up its enough evidence that two of you are not for each other she no send you....

and you are still going back to help her....bro you are a weak soul..because of all these gals that have nothing to offer your life...

you want help her get a job again so she can use the new job to shine over you.... and there she go get her latest big boy to de hang out with...

Dont help any woman....bro they are ingrates.....especially modern gals of today never try to help them. if you must do do it with a condition

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by shegzydave(m): 5:45pm On May 20, 2021
guy u no dey think deep at all
what if she get close to your boss and cook stories for your boss and eventually your boss sack you what will happen
she will start making jest of you
i will STRONGLY advice you not to do such and if u do love in the air and eventually u recommend her and she make you loose your job dont come here and be crying asking for advice again
i pray you will not use your hand to do yourself
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by emmnprince(m): 5:46pm On May 20, 2021
Kondomatic:
Bad idea.

One thing you have to understand is that feeling is like fire, it can easily be rekindled. Just add dry firewood here and there and it will catch, and the fact that she's the first person that came to your mind means that yours have not really died down.

Here's a problem, if you want her but she doesn't want you. Wahala.
If she wants you but you don't want her, double wahala.

If you both want each other then you both are fvcked. I am totally against office romance.

Secondly, I don't like to have people that know me well anywhere near where I earn a living, there's now 11 Judas in every 12..

I share your view!
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by ogolad(m): 5:46pm On May 20, 2021
To be kindid with you brother is good to help, but be also careful when helping so that you don't live to regret ur action.

My advice for you is

DON'T RECOMMEND HER

Read my words
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Prinxx(m): 5:46pm On May 20, 2021
It will end in tears
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by DamianBriel(m): 5:47pm On May 20, 2021
[quote author=Forthispost post=101859647]Hello Nairalanders. I need your honest feedback on this issue.

Kindly advice biko. Bashing is allowed.[/quote

Oga she go eventually put you for wahala o. My people say "firewood wer dem don use before no dey tay to catch fire o." If she gets picked eventually, it's 80% possible that you guys could pick up your relationship and e no go jell for your job. However, my sister just finished NYSC o. Hafa? Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Government Is Recruiting Teachers. Application Closees 25th July / Five Million Applied For N-power Batch C - Sadiya Umar Farouq, Minister / Breaking: FG Order Banks Not To Sack Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.