Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,598 members, 7,888,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:07 PM

I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda (1019 Views)

Obiano Visits Mosque Which Was Attacked During The Protest In Onitsha (Photos) / Yuguda, Abubakar, Gidado In Missing Aircraft As It Lands In Nigeria (Photo) / Bauchi Presidential Rally Was Attacked By PDP Supporters - Yuguda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by Dotman01(m): 1:23am On Apr 29, 2011
The Governor of Bauchi State, Malam
Isa Yuguda, stunned journalists at the
Government House, Bauchi, on
Thursday when he said he too was
attacked as a member of the National
Youth Service Corps in Ibadan.
Yuguda reasoned that the corps
members, who were murdered last
week in the state, only fulfilled their
destinies.
He spoke just as the rescheduled
governorship and National Assembly
elections in the state was
characterised by low turnout of
voters.
Addressing journalists after casting
his vote at Shadawanka Primary
School, the governor blamed the
Independent National Electoral
Commission for not providing
adequate security for the corps
members.
Yuguda was reacting to a question
that bordered on the brutal murder
of non-indigenes, including at least
nine corps members, in his domain
when rioters overran the state after
President Goodluck Jonathan was
declared winner of the presidential
election. Over 50 people were
reportedly killed during the violence
while 90 churches were also burnt.
He said, “They (corps members) were
destined to experience what they
experienced. Nobody can run away
from destiny. When they were
serving me, they were the happiest in
Nigeria.
“Immediately I handed them over to
INEC, it was the responsibility of INEC
to protect them. They were not the
only ones affected. My own house
was burnt; they almost lynched my
first son. It is part of their destiny. I
was also attacked as a corps member
in Ibadan in 1979.
“They were attacked on the services
of INEC.”
The governor, who said what
happened should not be seen as a
reflection of the state, declared that
the state should be commended for
having the best brains in security
management.
He described the development as
unfortunate, saying the victims were
serving the nation during the attack.
He said, “What happened last week
was a tragedy, with the killing of
Christians, Muslims, burning of
churches, mosques and the
destruction of innocent people ’s
property. But what happened in
Bauchi is far less than what
happened in some other states. What
happened in Bauchi only lasted for
one day. ”
Meanwhile, the rescheduled
governorship and House of Assembly
elections in the state was
characterised by an extremely low
turnout of voters as supporters of
opposition parties in the state
practically abandoned the polling
units for the ruling Peoples
Democratic Party.
Our correspondent, who went round
some of the polling units as early as
8.30am, observed that only a few
voters and agents, representing the
PDP, came out to participate in the
accreditation contrary to the usual
crowd that gathered before 7.00am
during the previous elections.
The election was generally peaceful
and anti-riot policemen were
stationed in strategic places in the
town to forestall possible breakdown
of law and order.
In one of the units located inside
Tropical Hotel, our correspondent
gathered that as at 9.15am, only
about 35 people had been accredited
out of 1,110 registered voters.
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by Dotman01(m): 1:28am On Apr 29, 2011
''Yuguda reasoned that the corps
members, who were murdered last
week in the state, only fulfilled their
destinies.'' . . . Oloriburuku somebody.
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by Nobody: 1:59am On Apr 29, 2011
May every member of his family experience such destinies,
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by Nobody: 2:05am On Apr 29, 2011
height of insanity angry

I must be a little slow today, his statement is condescending.

Continue to despair . . .
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by EzeUche3(m): 2:13am On Apr 29, 2011
I cannot believe what I just read. shocked
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by dayokanu(m): 2:27am On Apr 29, 2011
I heard Yuguda is one of GEJ's henchmen in the North?

Thats PDP reasoning for you
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by Kilode1: 2:38am On Apr 29, 2011
"It is part of their destiny. I was also attacked as a corps member in Ibadan in 1979. They were attacked on the services of  INEC.”
SMH
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by knotty(m): 2:43am On Apr 29, 2011
This si sad, very sad. What a myopic way to reason! It is reasoning like this that goes on when they make decisions that affect governance. No wonder we are where we are. him father.
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by koruji(m): 2:50am On Apr 29, 2011
Isn't this the same person some people were grooming for the presidency ?

Why couldn't Buhari's supporters accept the vote as Buhari's destiny?
Why couldn't they believe in a "destiny" of non-violence?

This is the same statement some highly placed northerner made to Abiola after IBB annulled the June 12 elections.

This statement is the root cause of a lot of problems up north with people like Yuguda playing on the ignorance of the masses.

A governor of a state? With people like this Nigeria has a 1000 years to go on the journey to progress.

Dotman01:

''Yuguda reasoned that the corps members, who were murdered last week in the state, only fulfilled their destinies.'' . . . Oloriburuku somebody.
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by koruji(m): 2:53am On Apr 29, 2011
What does this have to do with anything? Mumu governor.

The Governor of Bauchi State, Malam sa Yuguda, stunned journalists at the Government House, Bauchi, on Thursday when he said he too was attacked as a member of the National Youth Service Corps in Ibadan.
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by tpia5: 4:44am On Apr 29, 2011
i doubt we can ever let go of these generational hostilities.
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by Kenyy: 5:14am On Apr 29, 2011
Dotman01 link=topic=656384.msg8225197#msg8225197 date=t1304036590:

They were not the
only ones affected. My own house
was burnt; they almost lynched my
first son. It is part of their destiny. I
in Ibadan in 1979.
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by Kenyy: 5:52am On Apr 29, 2011
Dotman01:

I
in Ibadan in 1979.
Sir, please tell us more. You mean that while some parts of the country were in school learning the Art of Violence some parts already had professors?
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by Dotman01(m): 10:52am On Apr 29, 2011
Dotman01:

“Immediately I handed them over to
INEC, it was the responsibility of INEC
to protect them.
. . . . Look at how he was talkin about human beings as if they were papers. . . . SMH
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by adegoke87(m): 11:33am On Apr 29, 2011
that jaguda man is a bastard,
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by johnie: 11:46am On Apr 29, 2011
Highly insensitive.

cry
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by Arosa(m): 12:21pm On Apr 29, 2011
tatiana009:

May every member of his family experience such destinies,
Amen!
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by otokx(m): 12:49pm On Apr 29, 2011
amen
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by leonaidas(m): 1:10pm On Apr 29, 2011
When i said the violence was probably sponsored by pdp inorder to discredit Buhari, everybody was on my neck. With the comments from both sides ie Buhari and the pdp governors up north. One can safely conclude that the violence were sponsored, while the former has come out to dissociate himself /condemn the killings, the later is trying to justify the killing of innocent corpers with an attack that occured in 1979, so sad.
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by seanet02: 1:18pm On Apr 29, 2011
May God almighty punished Yuguda for this Reckless statement.
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 29, 2011
useless man.
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by Kx: 1:38pm On Apr 29, 2011
why does this society allow careless utterances like this?
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 29, 2011
Kx:

why does this society allow careless utterances like this?

he has immunity.
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by Dotman01(m): 1:54pm On Apr 29, 2011
leonaidas:

When i said the violence was probably sponsored by pdp inorder to discredit Buhari, everybody was on my neck. With the comments from both sides ie Buhari and the pdp governors up north. One can safely conclude that the violence were sponsored, while the former has come out to dissociate himself /condemn the killings, the later is trying to justify the killing of innocent corpers with an attack that occured in 1979, so sad.
. . . Hmmm, thats true ooo
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by mbulela: 2:09pm On Apr 29, 2011
i guess he won the election??
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by MaiSuya(m): 2:27pm On Apr 29, 2011
ridiculous, simply put
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by T9ksy(m): 3:23pm On Apr 29, 2011
Like someone already noted earlier, this is the same mo.ron that is being groomed to be our future president. And we wonder why we are where we are now. There is no future for that country whilst the ilk of yuguda is striding our political horizons like a prized peacock.

In the future when he does contest to be our president (as indeed he will as he 's one of the creme de la creame of the northern oligarchy) and he fails to get a single vote in the south. I bet his supporters will be out on the streets killing and miaming innocents citizens from the south, claiming they voted along tribal lines.
Would any sane person entrust the future of his offspring to such an id.iot?

If indeed, he was attacked in Ibadan, all i can add is, its a pity they didn't do a good job on him.
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by itsme2(m): 6:11pm On Apr 29, 2011
Insensitivity taken to a new height**** he shud av been killed then, atleast we wud av bin saved frm dis embarassing comment from this f.aggot, semi literate, mumu almajiri!
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by MrInfo1(m): 6:58pm On Apr 29, 2011
~Bluetooth:

he has immunity.

SMYansh
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by Dotman01(m): 11:28pm On Apr 29, 2011
its.me:

Insensitivity taken to a new height**** he shud av been killed then, atleast we wud av bin saved frm dis embarassing comment from this f.aggot, semi literate, mumu almajiri!
. . . true talk
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by AlabaSlim: 11:34pm On Apr 29, 2011
I 1st hear pple dey tex Star fm dis mornin (moyo&mofe show@ 8am) abt wetin yuguda talk so i say mk i check am gosh i no suprice cos na so dos guys b 4 dere weda u b literate or not dier mentaliti dey low cos til 2moro RELIGION NA NO 1 WEDA U SCH 4 HARVARD OR XFORD
i serve 4 jos 2yrs ago so i notice say d almagiris dey do d ACTION while d so caled educated guyz dey do dier OWN ACTION wit mouf
if u check veri wel i sure say sanusi,umar, & rest literates surport dese almagiris but dey go hide dey talk dier own
i jus piti al southerners 4 north.wetin wi corpas c den na onli GOD fit save us
til 2moro i sti dey piti south guyz 4 dere
Re: I Was Attacked As A Corps Memberin Ibadan –yuguda by tpia5: 11:40pm On Apr 29, 2011
Now, the man is rather insensitive considering the issues which led to this, but i guess people have different ways of approaching matters.

and, after asking around, i found out there was indeed some civil unrest in ibadan during the period he spoke of. Unfortunately, many of us are unaware of this, more's the pity.

(1) (Reply)

Fashola Shops For Kitchen Cabinet / Icpc Uncovers Fraud In Ministries, Fct, Phcn, Customs / Goodluck Jonathan Not Very Bright-british Prime Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.