Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,721 members, 7,912,007 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 07:20 PM

How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? (13222 Views)

HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. / How Many Dayz Does It Take NIPOST To Deliver The Msg / Is Nigeria A Visa-free Country To Gambia With My Nigerian Ecowas Passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Nobody: 5:02am On Apr 04, 2008
danity:

Thank you oooo, david.
Morenike, you didn't answer me. Stop denying your Sly abeg. smiley

its not my old ID jare. . .belonged to my twin. . . her ID was toyinrayo. . .such a lovely ID too
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by 4Him(m): 5:02am On Apr 04, 2008
morenike09:

@david
hmmm!! see why they told you to keep an eye on that potbelly? for a man your stature5ft, it's not good na undecided embarassed grin

see example of bad belle people.  grin
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Nobody: 5:04am On Apr 04, 2008
4Him:

see example of bad belle people. grin
that's because you've not seen my belle. . if you need my help to flatten your, i know a great exercise method grin
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Nobody: 5:04am On Apr 04, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

sad sad sad
something dEy worry you?
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by danity: 5:06am On Apr 04, 2008
morenike09:

something dEy worry you?
He's missing his Sweetheart ~~~ Morenike smiley tongue
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Nobody: 5:08am On Apr 04, 2008
danity:

He's missing his Sweetheart ~~~ Morenike smiley tongue
oh yes. . .who can resist my charms. , even when we seperated, sly still Dey ring me? i told him its over, but the bobo won't listen. so devastated
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Nobody: 5:09am On Apr 04, 2008
ewwww lloyd tongue

@ Stillwater. . . e pain me o cool

Are you not the one praising God for some mystery girl just now, abegi cheesy Un soak your garri and spill the beans cheesy kiss

sad sad sad
No need to be sad, sly. I see a lot of open doors for you this year kiss
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by TheSly: 5:11am On Apr 04, 2008
No need to be sad, sly. I see a lot of open doors for you this year
cool cool cool

Need i remind y'all that ma second name is LLoyd?
I dont know why this morenike wont leave me alone!!!!!! angry
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Nobody: 5:12am On Apr 04, 2008
stillwater:

ewwww lloyd tongue
abeg, not lloyd banks o. . .Lloyd!! my boo, my baby daddy, my Caesar, my Apollo, my Hercules. .
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Nobody: 5:13am On Apr 04, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

cool cool cool

Need i remind y'all that ma second name is LLoyd?
I don't know why this morenike wont leave me alone!!!!!! angry
and need i remind you, you're not the only lloyd on earth. . . some are just rich. , why some are just Llyod(sly) grin
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by 4Him(m): 5:14am On Apr 04, 2008
stillwater:

Are you not the one praising God for some mystery girl just now, abegi cheesy Un soak your garri and spill the beans cheesy kiss

The Lord has taken away the pain.  wink
As for beans spilling, it aint gonna happen dear.
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by TheSly: 5:17am On Apr 04, 2008
morenike09:

and need i remind you, you're not the only lloyd on earth. . . some are just rich. , why some are just Llyod(sly) grin
angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Nobody: 5:17am On Apr 04, 2008
4Him:

As for beans spilling, it aint going to happen dear.
awwwwww. . . you finally gave that Puerto Rican girl a chance. .how cute
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Dreloaded(f): 5:17am On Apr 04, 2008
j-girl, email him with a reminder.

You dont have my reputation so Im sure he'll take you seriously wink
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by danity: 5:18am On Apr 04, 2008
morenike09:

abeg, not lloyd banks o. . .Lloyd!! my boo, my baby daddy, my Caesar, my Apollo, my Hercules. .
Lloyd = Sly = your baby daddy, your boo = your Caesar = Your Apollo = your Hercules! Yippee! smiley

Thanks, D - I'll try again - lol.
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by TheSly: 5:23am On Apr 04, 2008
sad sad sad sad sad umh. . . .
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Nobody: 5:29am On Apr 04, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

sad sad sad sad sad umh. . . .
you berra fix this angry angry angry angry
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Nobody: 5:30am On Apr 04, 2008
The Lord has taken away the pain.  wink
As for the beans spilling, it ain't going to happen dear

Geez, too uptight. I never expected you to spill anyway cheesy. I wouldn't spill myself cheesy.
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by TheSly: 5:34am On Apr 04, 2008
morenike09:

you berra fix this angry angry angry angry
Fix ko . . . . .Fixsayo ni angry angry angry
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by 4Play(m): 8:32am On Apr 04, 2008
So Nwando is denying that Debosky is actually Mr Nwando?

Well,I know say she dey joke.

I was at their wedding in 2006,the food was awful but it was a great occasion. cool
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Blackcat(f): 8:36am On Apr 04, 2008
:-x
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Rogo: 9:20am On Apr 04, 2008
you take it as one of those things
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Frizy(m): 9:47am On Apr 04, 2008
Never happened to me. cheesy
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by kalmebad(f): 10:55am On Apr 04, 2008
@ Topic

Never have been so keen on issue of traveling as have lots of folks out there
But then,one moment of trial even with an Inviation letter from a sis who is a citizen, i was denied visa
I felt real bad/disappionted, thats the honest thruth but i didn't let it hurt deeper
I guess sometimes this embassys don't even appreciate genuine facts and figure's

I have chilled now, when next am set, they have no better option but to give me that damm stamp called visa. grin grin
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by dee02(m): 11:30am On Apr 04, 2008
upon all the suits wey people dey cack, them go still deny visa
upon all the holy ghost fire prayers outside the embassy gates, them still go deny visa
upon all the hassles in getting the documents from oluwole, them still go deny visa

reminded me of about 12yrs ago at the british embassy wen i was a kid, kasala burst for inside embassy wen this woman was rejected
the embassy had to close 4hrs early becoz of the commotion and stampede, lol, that is how serious it is! grin

itz f8cked up in naija nairalanders
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Albato(m): 11:42am On Apr 04, 2008
Feels like the world has ended. Damn! After all the prayers and great expectatons. Its the same feeling you get when you fail WAEC or JAMB. Totally devasted. Its takes some weeks to get over it.

I had the experience once but I refused to give up and appealed my case - simply because the reasons given where not justified. These people sometimes want to test your resolve and psychology. I won in the end.
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by tkb417(m): 11:44am On Apr 04, 2008
@dee
how do you mean its bleeped up in 9ja?
pls, explain abeg
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by dee02(m): 12:42pm On Apr 04, 2008
tkb417:

@dee
how do you mean its bleeped up in Nigeria?
please, explain abeg

I mean itz bleeped up in Nigeria because we make the most effort (in some case show desperation) to try and get visas but often get denied,
compared to other scenarios i have seen in other countries, for example, i have friends in the UK who are white and go to embassies like they are going to a field trip (scruffy looking and all ) and they still get the visa

do u get my point mate?!
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by tkb417(m): 1:40pm On Apr 04, 2008
@Dee02
yeah, got you man.
Got you perfectly. .
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by chukz4real(m): 1:43pm On Apr 04, 2008
Well, I was denied student VISA by the British Consulate, Lagos,  March and April 2002. Didn't feel a damn myself. However, a friend of mine who was then repatriated from Hong Kong and had the intention of making use of my VISA as resemblance stuff cried foul right from V.I. (Walter Carrignton), but I never felt it so much until later at night. It happened to me twice in one year.

Hmmmmmm, the most painful aspect was that my tuition fees had already been paid by elder sis who is a UK citizen. Guess what those 'FOOLISH OYIBO' said to me: Mr. Chukz, we are pretty much sorry to turn down ur VISA application . We believe u don't have the intention of comin back to Nigeria and we don't want u to go there and create more unemployment problem to our citizenry, quite funny u know  embarassed.

And the second one: It was alleged that some Benin guys used one Nigerian lad for ritual purposes in the UK, and the consular office were then very strict or so. Bull shit.

UEL gave my sis back her money after September and I returned back to my school here in 9ja. Not so happy though cos I wasted 2yrs at home making the whole plans. I've long graduated and working. Well, then I hated Whites with passion, feel like bein a [b][Militant/b] and takin them Hostage. Next time,  they won't deny me cos I'll be spending my hard earned money in their country in a very big way.  cheesy grin
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 04, 2008
Well well well.
My one and only visa denial wasn't actually a denial denial.
I was travelling to the UK to study and I was denied because I needed some more paperwork .
Needless to say,I cried in the "ekene dili chukwu" luxurious bus all the way from Lagos to Onitsha.

Even the loaf of "our ladies bread" and fanta I "snacked" on wasn't enough to console me.
What would I tell my friends after waving them goodbye? grin
I had even dashed out my clothes to my youger sisters and cousins.
I didn't know what to do.
When I got home,my eyes were blood shot red.
It looked like I'd been smoking Igbo'

I returned to the embassy with the requested papers.
This time I made up my mind that if they denied me,I would look for a flat in Lagos,marry a rich Igbo trader and not go back to the East

They collected my passport with those words "Ms blah blah blah,come and pick up your passport tomorrow.
2 day's later I was in London freezing to death. grin

The end.

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 04, 2008
Imani:

It has reached my e-ears about the level of "underground" romance going on among nairalanders. Nothing wrong with that. It's all good.

Morenike09 dear, there are two or perharps three interested parties. consider carefully wink

Debosksy: Ashawo no be work. That is all i will say to you tongue

4Him: we ALL know who one is, the other has be found out. Sorry there can be no secrets on this land grin

D-reloded: Just say yes to him.

4Play: that one is another matter.

[b]Nwado: Nothing do you. Your bakasi is safe with Mr Nwado wink[/b]Almond: No mind the haters. Seeking assylum is not a crime. I don't believe you are one. But looks like you have "stepped on a lot of toes"

Good analysis.
Thank you cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

Luxembourg Enquiries. / Lagos Council To Roll Out 200 Electric Mini Cabs In March / Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.