Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,200 members, 7,974,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 02:32 PM

How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? (13296 Views)

HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. / How Many Dayz Does It Take NIPOST To Deliver The Msg / Is Nigeria A Visa-free Country To Gambia With My Nigerian Ecowas Passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Imani(f): 9:24pm On Apr 06, 2008
4 Play:

By shipping from Morocco or Senegal.Once you get to Spain,na road them take carry me enter Britain

One HGV belonging to a company whose folks on the inside work with the smugglers.Very straight-forward journey.They came into our continent without permission so I go into their's without permission too. cool

It also helps to fortify yourself with powerful "Ogwu" or charms from back home.You will be virtually invisible to immigration. wink

Nobody should listen to 4Play tongue. Most of his comments are "tongue in cheek". When trouble starts he will avoid you like a plague.

Mr adviser 4play, this is a serious thread, please keep it so. wink

Visa rejection is not the end of the world. My philosophy is "when one door shuts, another opens elsewhere". I have had dissapointments, though not visa related but have always managed to rise above them all.
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 06, 2008
Sly and 4play, you guys are not serious ooo. grin grin grin Who do you want to land in jail? From Egypt to Burkina Faso, which kain backward map you dey construct so?  cheesy grin
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by TheSly: 9:32pm On Apr 06, 2008
stillwater:

Sly and 4play, you guys are not serious ooo. grin grin grin Who do you want to land in jail? From Egypt to Burkina Faso, which kain backward map you dey construct so? cheesy grin

You will never listen!!!!!!!!!! I guess y'all like the way those white peepz are getting fat with your cash!!
Truth is bitter. . . .(if u get hear make u listen) no one is forcing nobody here. . its just an experience cool
It is also a way of getting yourself Outta visa denying mess! cool

Thanks!. . . cool
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by 4Play(m): 9:34pm On Apr 06, 2008
stillwater:

Sly and 4play, you guys are not serious ooo. grin grin grin Who do you want to land in jail? From Egypt to Burkina Faso, which kain backward map you dey construct so? cheesy grin

Look,we can start from Onitsha Head Bridge.That is the collection point.My guy works with the Army.From Onitsha,we took a bus to Gusau.From Gusau,we crossed the border into Niger. From there to Morocco.

I'm not saying people shouldn't use visas but there are other alternatives.
@Sly

Do you remember that guy that smuggles people in the carcass of whales? shocked That guy was a really imaginative dude

Imani:

Nobody should listen to 4Play tongue. Most of his comments are "tongue in cheek". When trouble starts he will avoid you like a plague.

Mr adviser 4play, this is a serious thread, please keep it so. wink

Madam,wetin be your problem? The whole purpose of the thread is for people to relate their experiences.I am telling people my own fantastic experience.
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by 4Play(m): 9:39pm On Apr 06, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

You will never listen!!!!!!!!!! I guess y'all like the way those white peepz are getting fat with your cash!!
Truth is bitter. . . .(if u get hear make u listen) no one is forcing nobody here. . its just an experience cool

Thanks!. . . cool

Leave them,let white people be chopping their money.Our people will never learn,there is an old Russian saying,"zagnief ignatief putin"(people struggle in life when they fail to exploit other alternatives)

Why use only the visa route when you can try other routes? You can try the visa one first,if it doesn't work,then you should try this.A friend of mine just came into Spain via Thailand using the same route.
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by minute(f): 9:42pm On Apr 06, 2008
and am assuming that you are a permanent resident  now in Spain?
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by 4Play(m): 9:44pm On Apr 06, 2008
minute:

and am assuming that you are a permanent resident now in Spain?

Nope,I'm in England. cool I boarded a van to Spain.Once you to your destination,they will fix the necessary papers you need.I don't even know what a visa looks like.
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Imani(f): 9:47pm On Apr 06, 2008
4 Play:

Nope,I'm in England. cool I boarded a van to Spain.Once you to your destination,they will fix the necessary papers you need.I don't even know what a visa looks like.

Tochukwu, I wish i could get my hands on your inflated neck angry

BTW, did it snow at your end or where you bed ridden all morning? tongue
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by TheSly: 9:52pm On Apr 06, 2008
@Sly

Do you remember that guy that smuggles people in the carcass of whales? shocked That guy was a really imaginative dude
4Play cool

That reminds me!!!!! cool
The dude is superb and perfect!!!!! u will get to anywhere in the world with ease!! cool

Why use only the visa route when you can try other routes? You can try the visa one first,if it doesn't work,then you should try this.A friend of mine just came into Spain via Thailand using the same route.
Exactly!! After-all the goal is to enter Europe successfully or is that not it? regardless of the route. . . .Na to enter be the main thing!! cool
Just leave this peepz. . .they wont listen to simple advise!!! i don't have the time to cue at the embassy and at the end of the day. . .
U get turned down!!! and the mosta annoying thing is that! most of these white peepz are not even worth 1/9 of your GP sad
You can feed most of 'em without feeling it in your pocket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yet they are devoid of respect for our intelligence! sad
. . . . .that one is now a thing of history!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to Google Earth for providing a well-marshaled MAP!!!! cool
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 06, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

Thanks!. . . cool

Sly you no suppose fair as you say you fair if you really pass your desert route, you for done blackkk like edu tongue. Make I hear word, o jare!!!!!! cool
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by 4Play(m): 9:56pm On Apr 06, 2008
@Imani

Calm down dear,I'm Michael Winner

Bed ridden? I had to go church you heathen tongue Had to cast out some demons cool
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by TheSly: 10:02pm On Apr 06, 2008
stillwater:

Sly you no suppose fair as you say you fair if you really pass your desert route, you for done blackkk like edu tongue. Make I hear word, o jare!!!!!! cool

Nope!!! I aint black!! cool
I dey maintain my skin!!! and i see no reason why my skin could have changed as a result of me traveling via the desert route! cool
It was nice chilling with those rebels in sudan as well. . . . cool
I am still as fresh as a new born!. . . .Cool as Ice!!
Smelling Good. . . .looking Good. . . .Feeling Good. . cool
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Imani(f): 10:06pm On Apr 06, 2008
4 Play:

@Imani

Calm down dear,I'm Michael Winner

Bed ridden? I had to go church you heathen tongue Had to cast out some demons cool

grin grin grin You casting out demons, you sure it is not the other way round? lipsrsealed, the one that says "paul i know, peter i know, who are you? lipsrsealed. The way you go around this forum sometimes, one would think you are one of those english folk who think " i will go to church for me wedding" grin and nothing else.

Looks like you are in a "friendly" mood today, could it be because you team dropped points too lipsrsealed. sorry to rub it in tongue. We are more or less out of the title race.

Did you say Michael Winner? Is it as a director or a man that slept with more than 130 women lipsrsealed
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by 4Play(m): 10:15pm On Apr 06, 2008
@Imani

Can't blame you, can I? They say a prophet has no honor in NL(something like that). I run a small ministry dedicated to true Christians ever since the Lord touched me soul. cool

You should drop by one day,you need like you need some exorcism lipsrsealed

About Winner,as a director of course.You think I'm a womaniser? I'm not like that tongue
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by ayettymama(f): 10:32pm On Apr 06, 2008
you guys are funny, if u want a visa and ur denied just go to another european country and you can get to us or london thru there, besides i dont even no why everyone wants to leave nigeria anyway its better down there.
well being born in london i dont think i will know how visa rejection feels but its not the end of the world!! save ur money, invest it, make more money, start a business, there are sooo many options in nigeria 4 u!!!! People running away 4rm niger just lazy!
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Imani(f): 10:49pm On Apr 06, 2008
ayettymama:

you guys are funny, if u want a visa and your denied just go to another european country and you can get to us or London through there, besides i don't even no why everyone wants to leave Nigeria anyway its better down there.
well being born in London i don't think i will know how visa rejection feels but its not the end of the world!! save your money, invest it, make more money, start a business, there are sooo many options in Nigeria for you!!!! People running away from niger just lazy!

How would you know if people are "lazy" if you have never been in their shoes? Living in Nigeria for some is like living in a jungle. A lot of basic amenities taken for granted in the UK like running water, electricity, good roads, good transport links, good education, shopping malls are very limited for most and the average wage for some earners is less than £5 per week. These are people who probably have families, maybe more educated than you but the opportunities are simply not there, or if they are have been subjected to nepotism, as happens a lot in the Nigerian culture. Sometimes it is "who you know" that matters and leads to the right connection.

I am not advocating we all abandon our "beloved" country, but for some, when you get an opportunity to see a different way of life, why would you want to go back into obscurity?

4 Play:

@Imani

Can't blame you, can I? They say a prophet has no honor in Nairaland something like that). I run a small ministry dedicated to true Christians ever since the Lord touched me soul. cool
You should drop by one day,you need like you need some exorcism lipsrsealed

About Winner,as a director of course.You think I'm a womaniser? I'm not like that tongue

Tochukwu dear( I have a lady friend called by that name who is way calmer than you tongue), are you sure the "ministry you running is not another "side business" in London. These days, even cleaners and careworkers own churches shocked after all "the Lord touched them too. You are all touched grin

Give me your address so i can drop by. [s]hope it is not another african house of horror [/s]

As a womaniser, you are almost as bad as debosky. tongue where is he sef? Bless him
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by bawomolo(m): 12:36am On Apr 07, 2008
i woke up the nextmorning and found my self on a hospital bed, i asked what was wrong they told me that i fainted when i found out that i was refused a visa,

damn, aye o le to yen oo
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by techzone: 1:09am On Apr 07, 2008
No shaking. angry

Rejection is NOT the end of the world.

Ghana dey! grin grin
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by ty4real(m): 10:11am On Apr 07, 2008
4 Play:

Nope,I'm in England. cool I boarded a van to Spain.Once you to your destination,they will fix the necessary papers you need.I don't even know what a visa looks like.[b][/b]

You will soon know by the time smith and Gordon Brown tighten up their border well well and you are caught and you find yourself in Ikoyi ,Lagos Nigeria.Then you will know what a visa is. grin ;DVery silly post angry angry angry
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by pharuk: 12:43pm On Apr 07, 2008
Practically, i cant believe you all, why is it that we like talking about negetive things in life, those it help us move forward, those bitterness, anguis, failure and refusal makes us smile, in some cirumstances they are stumbling blocks to sucess, but face it, i rather see a thread that talks about how our fellow m8ts made it, how he got his visa, how she said yes to him, how he finally got admission to school and other testimonies that would give hope, because if God can do it for bro A he can do it for sis B,
pls lets not discourage each other by how we were denied, i am saying this because i got an offer in sheffield hallam university, i love the place and would apply for a visa soon and i refuse to believe or allow myself to think that i would be denied.
scientist talked about Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), NLP is the study of how language, both verbal and nonverbal, affects our minds. By
consciously directing our minds, we can create resourceful ways of behaving for ourseleves.
lets help each other.
love u all
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by JUNIT1(m): 4:56pm On Apr 07, 2008
the truth is if your paper work is genuine, you would get a visa, most people get turned down because they do not have the right peper work, and all they wanna do is go to that country and stay there for life disgracing the nigerian name. sad
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by mishooo(m): 7:22pm On Apr 07, 2008
J UNIT:

the truth is if your paper work is genuine, you would get a visa, most people get turned down because they do not have the right paper work, and all they want to do is go to that country and stay there for life disgracing the nigerian name. sad

That not very true my guy.

many people with perfect paperwork get turned down daily for flimsy reasons.

The embassies realized the more they turn people down, the more they generate cash 'cos people come back to try their luck.
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by tinard(m): 12:24pm On Apr 08, 2008
I always believe that any Nigerian with enough money for visa and ticket is comfortable enough in Nigeria. Why are you going make yourself better in Nigeria with that money and apply when the time is right. You will be given, they will be begging you to come to their country.

@ author, if rejected there is no need to feel like killing yourself. there are worse things in the world. If you feel like killing yourself when you've been rejected, what would you feel if you are given, you travel, but you do not make it. Then you will not think about it, you act on it so think
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by bazzman(f): 1:25am On Apr 09, 2008
It seems that these applicants have forgotten they are Nigerians, How on earth a Nigerian would want to apply for a tourist visa, cos being a tourist means u ar nt going for business rather u are going to spend over there, and u know that u are definately not going to tour and return so I advise you not to apply as a tourist,

If you really wanna tour, have u checked out Obudu? Incase u change ur mind, dont travel to Obudu by air, u may get there in fragments, thanks to our airlines.
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by amaikama(m): 10:18am On Apr 12, 2008
Why? since u are the one eager to leave ur country to his country (s) they would want to prove their country is not a go area by refusing to grant u visa. u can come with the non-refundable visa fees as many times as possible and they will still not grant u one. if u like go and commit suicid is non of their business as long as they have gotten the much money and still getting much more from the unfortunate visa applicant like u, it doesn't boarder them if u die or not.

One out of hundred visa applican does that make any difference if u die or got frustated? angry

Abeg, make una bring better talk make we gist abeg angry
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by amaikama(m): 10:23am On Apr 12, 2008
"many people with perfect paperwork get turned down daily for flimsy reasons.

The embassies realized the more they turn people down, the more they generate cash 'because people come back to try their luck."

Good talk!!!! kiss Tell them make them hear, e be liks say them no get ear to hear again. angry
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by femikay149(m): 11:56pm On Apr 15, 2008
yeah people with genuine and complete papers experience visa refusal.am a good example. i applied for student visa.bt i was refused.the officer wrote that there were no papers supporting my sponsor's (my mum) financial capability.Guess w@, my mum 's statement of account was actually dere.nd i dnt want even mention how much was in her account.bt trust me it was a huge sum also supported with properties in the uk.She stays in the uk.The annoying thing is that the document they claimed wasnt dere was returned with my letter of refusal.See injustice.

that day i felt like kidnapping any white man or woman i saw.trust visa is just luck and favour.i know people who use all fake documents and are given.am stil given it a tot though.lol.

I 4git to mention, the embassy was Uk high commission

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by eimiren: 12:59pm On Apr 16, 2008
Visa Rejection is an awful experience, I tell you from experience. But you do not have to go through the horror when you have the shoulders of others to climb on. Travelling either for studies, tourism or business is an experience we all can have if we know the right procedures. We may personally not be comfortable with the rates of Visa Rejection but it is believed that it can be reduced with access to appropriate knowledge. If you are willing to climb on the shoulders of others to get things done right at the first attempt then perhaps you should consider eimiren; on the yahoo.com network.  Do it right the first time or correct the mistakes that lead to the Visa Rejection by seeking to know the right procedures; or would you rather keep on experiencing the depressing feelings of Visa Rejection?
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by femikay149(m): 10:21am On Apr 17, 2008
emirem, please right procedures or not,you can always be refused visa.i have used a very reliable agency for student visa and we used the right procedures and was stil refused.my friend that did all the procedures all by himself got his visa.

See guys, visa is just luck and favour. The embassy decides who they want to give and who they don't want to give, its their discretion.any entry clearance officer will tell you that
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 15, 2008
i cant laugh again. IYA, u been busted just like Mr Biggs busted that cheating ass girl friend of his.
ya trick ya!
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by danedrol: 1:38am On May 20, 2008
A visa is an official stamp of the embassy or high commission of a country in an individual’s passport or traveling document. It officially authorizes him/her to travel to that country for a period of time which is ususlly stated on the visa. The visa is usually granted for a specific purpose.

An individual may be denied entry into a country where he/she has no valid entry visa. Such an individual may be repatriated if he/she manages to enter the country and is later discovered.

Any person who satisfies the visa rules and regulations of a particular county may be issued a visa. More often than not, people get denied visas [/b]not because they are not qualified for it, but [b]because they fail to take advantage of simple and available information resources [/b]that will help them to understand what a visa officer really requires from them. Suggestions of what to do before applying for a visa to any country of your choice without any fear of visa-rejection can be found at an informative site, [b]ServiceForts.
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by realcool: 9:58am On May 20, 2008
[b][/b]no comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

Twelve(12) Pathways To Relocate To Canada This Year / Lagos Council To Roll Out 200 Electric Mini Cabs In March / Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.