Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,619 members, 7,888,974 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:36 PM

Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) (58057 Views)

N15,000 Salary In Ibadan Or N10,000 Salary In Osun? / Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? / From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by jimcaddy(m): 3:20am On May 26, 2021
But wait first. Do Nigerians have conscience at all. I won't blame them sha. The situation in the country has made employers throw anything at graduates knowing fully well that job no dey. So we can take up anything and pay us nonsense salary on top that cannot even take care of a single man. 35k for a Masters degree holder? Hian. There should be benchmark stautory salaries for certain degrees and qualifications. Nigeria will not implement any of that. But if its to embezzle and scam, we are ogas in that.
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by NoToPile: 4:39am On May 26, 2021
I doubt he was sacked for disclosing salary.

Is he a full staff of ministry of Env. Or a casual worker?

Is the amount allocated to those workers more than 35,000? If it is then we have a story, if not there's nothing more to it then.

His degrees are not relevant in this case because we all know he didn't use his degree to apply for that Job.
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 5:23am On May 26, 2021
Bola146:
Believe me, this is good news for him, good people will be willing to give him better offer

Where were these “good people” in the seven years he’s been looking for work...
>
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 5:28am On May 26, 2021
jimcaddy:
But wait first. Do Nigerians have conscience at all. I won't blame them sha. The situation in the country has made employers throw anything at graduates knowing fully well that job no dey. So we can take up anything and pay us nonsense salary on top that cannot even take care of a single man. 35k for a Masters degree holder? Hian. There should be benchmark stautory salaries for certain degrees and qualifications. Nigeria will not implement any of that. But if its to embezzle and scam, we are ogas in that.

Abegi quit with the Culture of Entitlement...

Dude HIMSELF applied for the job after his own business FAILED and he had been JOBLESS for seven years...
Nobody forced the job on him or asked him to apply for a minimum wage job. He was free to stay unemployed.

>
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by smogup: 6:46am On May 26, 2021
criminalmindz:

Too much Nigerian film dey worry you

If it's a girl I'm very sure she will get a better job offer elsewhere.
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by DJInfluence: 7:13am On May 26, 2021
Even calling that job "drainage cleaner" is giving the job a sophisticated name. This na gutter cleaner. Imagine what this country has turned to. Degree holder. What's the use to waste so much money to study only to end up doing such jobs.
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by Jacksparrow7(m): 7:14am On May 26, 2021
May God answer your call
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by obstead200(m): 7:15am On May 26, 2021
Bola146:
Believe me, this is good news for him, good people will be willing to give him better offer
am not among such good pple oo.
As an employer of labour, I can't touch that man with a long pole. A lot of things just don't seem right with this story. The man smells of trouble. A disaster waiting to happen.

Am sorry, this is just my intuition. I might be wrong though
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by Basher8583: 9:30am On May 26, 2021
smallsmall:

Some of you bring shame to your anonymous moniker, thank God it is not your real name or how else can you ask such foolish question?
First, are you aware that a fresh Graduate employee, Level 8 officer collects above that #35,000?
Is it the amount he is paid that is the problem or that he disclosed his salary, when asked?
Where in the Civil Service Rule, does it state that you cannot disclose what you earn?
Does it not occur to you that he was sacked because his revelation embarrassed those who are short-changing staff like him and wanted to punish him for that?
As to whether he was forced to take the job or not, is a silly question! A family man will take any legal job he is offered, as long as he will get money to feed his family but that does not mean they should pay him half of what he is entitled to and pocket the rest. That is the official corruption that is killing this country.

In a sane country, everyone involved in that scandal that pay very hardworking people doing such work a meagre #35,000 (dont even mind his qualification for now), will be fired and some will even be prosecuted for fraud but in Nigeria, even peasants like you are the ones that will even be justifying the hubris

With an Unemployment rate of over 33%, what choice does an educated person have, to chose which job they would do or not do?
How many Schools are employing Lecturers, even now that those in employement are not being paid?

The issue here is about Ministry officials who just cut and steal part of the salary of their low-evel employees, just as they put Ghost Workers on the payroll.
Heads should roll in that Ministry of Environment, if not that Corruption has eaten deep into the administration of Sanwo Olu and "Baba'sope" is at the root of it all. undecided
Say what you like but.....
Get your head out of your social media hole. No head will roll. And stop judging situations with emotions and sentiments...

If he knew his worth he shouldnt have collected the job in the first place.

The other day a nairalander and an HR professional (Inova) placed an attractive and legitimate advert on Nairaland and he just had 20 views with no response. He has since stopped using Nairaland tagging its user as grossly unserious lots.

So what ..if he has masters.
Having a certificate is one thing being able to justify it in an interview is another.

I have interviewed this disappointing lots and wondered how they achieved the MSc.
People dont understand that self development is what gets them attention for job hires.

Find out the real story why he ended up like that and you will see he is the architect of him problems.

Dont have any pity for an attention seeker

Will not say more than that
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by frog12: 11:35am On May 26, 2021
My God, what sort of madness is this

We are our own problem !
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by frog12: 11:37am On May 26, 2021
for cleaning GUTTERS ? !!!!

baddosky1:
The reason he was sacked is simple:

He was paid N35,000 monthly but in the financial records of his employers, it would be indicated that he is paid N150,000
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by Ndipe(m): 6:52pm On Jun 23, 2021
May God open a better way for him in Jesus Name, Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chia Diko Detimbir Who Found Crashed Military Plane In Benue Becomes Soldier / Nigerian Public Service Salary Structures? / Since I Slept With My Staff She No Longer Respects Me Pls Advise Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.