Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,154 members, 7,977,324 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 05:35 AM

AYC 2011 Final: Nigeria Vs Cameroun On Sunday May 1 @ 2pm Nigerian Time - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AYC 2011 Final: Nigeria Vs Cameroun On Sunday May 1 @ 2pm Nigerian Time (7584 Views)

Poll: Who Wins The AYC 2011?

Nigeria: 90% (18 votes)
Cameroun: 10% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

AFROBASKET2015 FINAL: Nigeria Vs. Angola 74 - 65 On 30th August 2015 / The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In / AWC 2012 Semi-Final: Nigeria Vs South Africa (0 - 1) On Wed November-7-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AYC 2011 Final: Nigeria Vs Cameroun On Sunday May 1 @ 2pm Nigerian Time by myinfobell(m): 4:14am On May 02, 2011
nigerians nawaoh, busy watching arsenal vs man u when they should be celebrating our boys and there victory
Re: AYC 2011 Final: Nigeria Vs Cameroun On Sunday May 1 @ 2pm Nigerian Time by PastorOla1: 8:30am On May 02, 2011
Congratulations Nigeria!!!!!!
Re: AYC 2011 Final: Nigeria Vs Cameroun On Sunday May 1 @ 2pm Nigerian Time by floriana(m): 9:05am On May 02, 2011
The only player from the U17 that was so outstanding just two years ago was Olukayode Olarewaju. Stanley Okoro was anonymous as he came in
Re: AYC 2011 Final: Nigeria Vs Cameroun On Sunday May 1 @ 2pm Nigerian Time by yiboboy: 9:39am On May 02, 2011
^^^ Effect of using players who're on the decline as they've passed their peak. Here's hoping they don't embarrass us @ the world cup.
Re: AYC 2011 Final: Nigeria Vs Cameroun On Sunday May 1 @ 2pm Nigerian Time by Limaoscar: 10:49am On May 02, 2011
Congrats Nigeria but these boys look older than their age IMO

No they are not older. The two  whom they suspected where older were sent home earlier. Nigeria played the touney with 18men and one Ahmed Musa was also absent for most of the competition (recalled by his clubside) further depleting the team. Inspite of all that they still won with a red card in final minutes against a Camerounian side that was fit and has a legacy of a very physical football style.

I will only caution that this performance is not re-assuring so the coaching crew should scout for more men to beaf-up the squad.
My biggest worry is how our culture reflects in almost every thing we do i.e. we can't manage success as a people. We like to show-off and lose our lead or advantage. We tend to go on premature celebrations and lower our guards before we are even there.

A man get's an employment letter for a plum job and He's already throwing a lavish party. A man's wife is pregnant after 6 years of a fruitless marriage He throws a stupendous party to announce the pregnancy before the baby is born. A man gets a contract to execute a job, He takes part of the advance to build himself a house or buys a car or marries an extra wife to announce His new status, etc. We as Nigerians and the black race in diaspora do have a struggle with managing success and that is reflected mostly in the way we live and you find the extension of that culture in our sports too.
Re: AYC 2011 Final: Nigeria Vs Cameroun On Sunday May 1 @ 2pm Nigerian Time by marutimon: 10:55am On May 02, 2011
I hope Sani Emmanuel gets called up. As far as I'm concerned he is the biggest youth talent in Nigerian football since Okocha. And beyond doubt he is as old as he says he is.
Re: AYC 2011 Final: Nigeria Vs Cameroun On Sunday May 1 @ 2pm Nigerian Time by Nobody: 11:31am On May 02, 2011
always wondered why we do so well at youth stages

same can't be said for senior level

by then, the so called young ones would have gone past their prime tongue
Re: AYC 2011 Final: Nigeria Vs Cameroun On Sunday May 1 @ 2pm Nigerian Time by Myself2(m): 2:10pm On May 02, 2011
There was needless tension in that match arisingt from John Obuh's tactical blunder in substitution
When the eagles were 2-0 up,why did he have to bring on that useless,self-praising player called Stanley Okoro,that runs and walks in a very annoying mannerMust Okoro have to play in every game.The team had a good rhythm,all the players were attacking and defending well as a unit,NOBODY complained or asked to be substituted,then Obuh just displayed his lack of technical scruples by bringing in Okoro,who immediately gave away the ball that led to the first goal by the Camerounians,this gave them belief and they went and got the second goal,IMO the game would have been won at 2-0 in regulation time had it been Okoro was not brought in.

Little Messi my arse.
Re: AYC 2011 Final: Nigeria Vs Cameroun On Sunday May 1 @ 2pm Nigerian Time by skelemba: 8:49pm On May 02, 2011
To know what's happening in your world, follow us @mypages10 on twitter. If you are not on twitter, stay abreast and get a free twitter account. www.twitter.com/mypages10.
Also get a chance to win free recharge cards on our weekly quiz. Tell your friends and family.
Email us on mypages1.0@gmail.com for enquiry. The Weekly quiz holds every Sunday from 4pm-6pm.
Prize goes to the first correct answer via retweet.(Please do not send your answers via direct message) do let us know the mobile network you use alongside your answer when you are retweeting.
U can also say that '@mypages10 provides u with the latest tweets on what's happening around the globe so you can be sure to stay intouch with you world even as you tweet.
Please Note weekly quiz start from the 22nd of may 2011
Re: AYC 2011 Final: Nigeria Vs Cameroun On Sunday May 1 @ 2pm Nigerian Time by DisGuy: 2:50am On May 03, 2011
They have not arrived home yet? or they are waiting for a private jet?

Where is the celebration pics, make dem no go hire another cattle trailer o
Re: AYC 2011 Final: Nigeria Vs Cameroun On Sunday May 1 @ 2pm Nigerian Time by vicenzo(m): 12:14pm On May 03, 2011
A man completes the task set before him,and a jerk stays at home saying rubbish.

Coach obuh did what he thought was best,with a two goal advantage the momentum was with nigeria and the coach decided to go for the kill,rather than sit back to defend, hence he brought stanley okoro who was supposed to keep possesion and frustrate the camerounians.Stanley floped,but he is not the only one,the defenders gave the camerounian too much space to put the match to 2-1 and hence giving them hope.
The most important thing is that the team won,and this is because obuh is the best coach in the competition,and stanley did play his part in this victory.
Myself2:

There was needless tension in that match arisingt from John Obuh's tactical blunder in substitution
When the eagles were 2-0 up,why did he have to bring on that useless,self-praising player called Stanley Okoro,that runs and walks in a very annoying mannerMust Okoro have to play in every game.The team had a good rhythm,all the players were attacking and defending well as a unit,NOBODY complained or asked to be substituted,then Obuh just displayed his lack of technical scruples by bringing in Okoro,who immediately gave away the ball that led to the first goal by the Camerounians,this gave them belief and they went and got the second goal,IMO the game would have been won at 2-0 in regulation time had it been Okoro was not brought in.

Little Messi my arse.
Re: AYC 2011 Final: Nigeria Vs Cameroun On Sunday May 1 @ 2pm Nigerian Time by enomakos(m): 10:11am On May 04, 2011
CONGRATS BOYS BUT I WAS NOT IMPRESS MOST OF THE BOYS MUST NOT MAKE THE TEAM TO THE WORLD CUP,WE WERE JUST LUCKY TO WIN THE CUP

THERE WAS NO OUTSTANDING PLAYER IN THE TEAM
Re: AYC 2011 Final: Nigeria Vs Cameroun On Sunday May 1 @ 2pm Nigerian Time by seunlayi(m): 12:20pm On May 04, 2011
these guys had better put their act together when they get to the competition.
Re: AYC 2011 Final: Nigeria Vs Cameroun On Sunday May 1 @ 2pm Nigerian Time by semid4lyfe(m): 10:02pm On May 04, 2011
enomakos:

THERE WAS NO OUTSTANDING PLAYER IN THE TEAM

True! There were no outstanding players in the team but Chidi Osuchukwu and the captain Ramon Azeez did well IMO.

Anyway, I expect the likes of Nnamdi Oduamadi, Ahmed Musa, Joel Obi & others to be in the team to the WYC.
Re: AYC 2011 Final: Nigeria Vs Cameroun On Sunday May 1 @ 2pm Nigerian Time by Myself2(m): 10:02pm On May 04, 2011
vicenzo:

A man completes the task set before him,and a jerk stays at home saying rubbish.

Your father is a buffoon
Re: AYC 2011 Final: Nigeria Vs Cameroun On Sunday May 1 @ 2pm Nigerian Time by enomakos(m): 4:24pm On May 06, 2011
semid4lyfe:

True! There were no outstanding players in the team but Chidi Osuchukwu and the captain Ramon Azeez did well IMO.

Anyway, I expect the likes of Nnamdi Oduamadi, Ahmed Musa, Joel Obi & others to be in the team to the WYC.

i agree those players you mention are need ,sam obuh shall call up emmanuel sani and onazi too
Re: AYC 2011 Final: Nigeria Vs Cameroun On Sunday May 1 @ 2pm Nigerian Time by johnkobe: 8:07pm On May 09, 2011
Thanks 2 ma team mates, Ramon and Azeez, welcome back to Future Pro Academy
Re: AYC 2011 Final: Nigeria Vs Cameroun On Sunday May 1 @ 2pm Nigerian Time by johnkobe: 8:08pm On May 09, 2011
Thanks 2 ma team mates, Ramon Azeez and Ogungbe, welcome back to Future Pro Academy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Salisu picks Ezenwa, Ali, Okpotu, 20 others for CHAN 2018 / AFCON 2012: Botswana Vs Guinea (1 - 6) On January 28th 2012 / Dreams Come True! See Photo Of French Star “mbappe” At Age 14 With His Longtime.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.