Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,991 members, 7,949,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 07:05 AM

Lawyers Advice Needed - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lawyers Advice Needed (930 Views)

Lovely Pre-wedding Photos Of 2 Lawyers / Beautiful Pre-wedding Pictures Of 2 Lawyers / 2 Lawyers Do The “oya Hit Me” Trademark Pose In Lovely Pre-wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyers Advice Needed by Preciousgirl(f): 11:51am On May 26, 2021
Please,

There is this DNA test/Divorce case that I am involved with. I have realized that, counsel for the other party is deliberately delaying the case, adopting delay tactics

My question is: Why and when do lawyers adopt delay tactics? Thanks
Re: Lawyers Advice Needed by Preciousgirl(f): 12:15pm On May 26, 2021
No lawyer on bland?
Re: Lawyers Advice Needed by chatinent: 12:56pm On May 26, 2021
In criminal proceedings, failure to have the charge sheet to the defense lawyers may cause the defendant to suffer prejudice, which means that they must be given the charge sheet while allowing time to prepare for responses. This simple tactic can delay proceedings by more than two weeks or a month.

BTW, how else do you expect lawyers to feed? Each lawyer has to scratch the others back. Adjournment means money for them.

Are you standing for yourself?
Re: Lawyers Advice Needed by Preciousgirl(f): 4:58pm On May 26, 2021
chatinent:
In criminal proceedings, failure to have the charge sheet to the defense lawyers may cause the defendant to suffer prejudice, which means that they must be given the charge sheet while allowing time to prepare for responses. This simple tactic can delay proceedings by more than two weeks or a month.

BTW, how else do you expect lawyers to feed? Each lawyer has to scratch the others back. Adjournment means money for them.

Are you standing for yourself?

No, I have lawyers
Re: Lawyers Advice Needed by DownChelsea(f): 6:34pm On May 26, 2021
Preciousgirl:

Please,

There is this DNA test/Divorce case that I am involved with. I have realized that, counsel for the other party is deliberately delaying the case, adopting delay tactics

My question is: Why and when do lawyers adopt delay tactics? Thanks
on the next adjourned date, orally apply for a striking out/ dismissal for want of diligent prosecution.

That's if you are the defendant or "respondent" in the case. Since it's a case of marriage disolution.

If you're the plaintiff/petitioner. With any time wasting and prejudicial move the other counsel makes, you can always make a case for yourself per being awarded costs.
Re: Lawyers Advice Needed by Preciousgirl(f): 7:18pm On May 26, 2021
DownChelsea:
on the next adjourned date, orally apply for a striking out/ dismissal for want of diligent prosecution.

That's if you are the defendant or "respondent" in the case. Since it's a case of marriage disolution.

If you're the plaintiff/petitioner. With any time wasting and prejudicial move the other counsel makes, you can always make a case for yourself per being awarded costs.

Ok thanks

Will the cost be paid instantly? And who owns the cost? My lawyer or myself

(1) (Reply)

Why do igbos want biafra / Netize Reacts As First Female Of The House Walks In With Fallen Breast - Video / Freedom Or Loneliness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.