Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,177 members, 7,880,671 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:23 AM

Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) (5025 Views)

Monday Sit-at-home: Soludo Meets IPOB Leadership / Willie Obiano & Peter Obi At Cardinal Arinze's 60th Birthday Mass (Photos) / Peter Obi Meets Cardinal Arinze At Basilica Onitsha- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by Aonkuuse(m): 6:25pm On Jun 03, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM0dMztQNp0

Some members of the Indigenous People of Biafra have been shocked after they approached Cardinal Francis Arinze in Rome begging him to convince Pope Francis to support Biafra.

Cardinal Arinze is from Anambra state in Nigeria.

In a video shared online, the IPOB members are seen standing with the Nigerian Cardinal in a building in Rome while making their request.

However, Cardinal Arinze, 88, was not on the same page with them as regards secession and he made this known.

"It is those who did not see the civil war who are talking 'Biafra, Biafra'. They have no idea," Cardinal Arinze told the IPOB members.

The Cardinal added that citizens being separated is "not the mandate Christ gave to the Bishops."

He encouraged the IPOB members to join politics instead and bring about the change they want to see in Nigeria.

He said: "It is for people like you. You get into politics and work hard with others."

Cardinal Arinze was one of the principal advisors to Pope John Paul II. He was also considered a possible candidate to be elected Catholic Pope before the 2005 papal conclave, which elected Pope Benedict XVI.

Source: https://community.vanguardngr.com/forum/topics/video-not-mandate-christ-gave-to-bishops-cardinal-arinze-kicks

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by Bola146(f): 6:29pm On Jun 03, 2021
grin Let me keep quiet cheesy cheesy
Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by SmartProf(m): 6:30pm On Jun 03, 2021
He's got his right of choice on what he decides to support or not and so does everyone else.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by DDDEnterprises: 6:31pm On Jun 03, 2021
Bola146:

i was going to take that space before you ruined my plans with your disgusting set of teeth angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by AntiBMC(m): 6:32pm On Jun 03, 2021
With all due respect, he should focus on his Catholic duties. His opinion doesn't hold water.
He's in Rome na, enjoying good life in a country, other men who came b4 him worked hard to build.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 03, 2021
LOL BUT THE MAN WHO CALLED HIMSELF BISHOP NEVER SEE ANYTHING WRONG IN FULANIS KILLING THE IGBOS... CHRISTAINS ARE PROBLEM OF CHRISTAINS, MY CHRISTAINS BROTHERS EVERYTHING IS NOT GOD TO FIGHT FOR YOU, IF ISRAEL HAS THE SAME MENTALITY WITH THE CHRISTAINS, THE TERRORIST MUSLIMS WOULD HAVE CONQUERED THEM, AS LONG AS I LIVE I SEE NOTHING WRONG SOMEONE DEFENDING THERE LAND....

14 Likes

Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by Bola146(f): 6:32pm On Jun 03, 2021
DDDEnterprises:

i was going to take that space before you ruined my plans with your disgusting set of teeth angry

Kikikikikikikiki ... cheesy cheesy Pele ooo... Go and drink your ogogoro wink

3 Likes

Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by nairalandankrah: 6:33pm On Jun 03, 2021
Several black indigenous south Africans worked against the fall of apartheid...but it did not stop the fall of apartheid..

Dont blame him, he is completely caught off from recent happenings in Nigeria..

19 Likes

Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by bencr7: 6:34pm On Jun 03, 2021
So na for Rome u want make them give u Biafra d same Rome were say make European to accept Arab refugees in there country now France and Germany they cry from diz Arab pples,go ask France president wat is facing now in his country, Rome can never solve problem in a country but to destroy it,go and read history of 2nd war world how d church of Rome supported Hitler and gave him d power to form Nazi

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 03, 2021
nairalandankrah:
Several black indigenous south Africans worked against the fall of apartheid...but it did not stop the fall of apartheid..

Dont blame him, he is completely caught off from recent happenings in Nigeria..
Why can't Igbos get this Biafra through a democratic way?

4 Likes

Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by nairalandankrah: 6:41pm On Jun 03, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Why can't Igbos get this Biafra through a democratic way?

Because Nigeria doesn't practice democracy in reality but on paper..

11 Likes

Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2021
bencr7:
So na for Rome u want make them give u Biafra d same Rome were say make European to accept Arab refugees in there country now France and Germany they cry from diz Arab pples,go ask France president wat is facing now in his country

Any country with the population of muslims will one-day be in war...
The religion of piss too like problem...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by Elvictor: 6:44pm On Jun 03, 2021
Person wey don jakpa from Nigeria
Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by temitope27(m): 6:50pm On Jun 03, 2021
AntiBMC:
With all due respect, he should focus on his Catholic duties. His opinion doesn't hold water.
He's in Rome na, enjoying good life in a country, other men who came b4 him worked hard to build.
na jeje the man dey b4 those terrorist go meet am nw

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 03, 2021
White Jesus idol worshipper

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by slivertongue: 6:53pm On Jun 03, 2021
the cardinal was straight to the point. we are better together if the right things are done

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by AntiBMC(m): 6:57pm On Jun 03, 2021
temitope27:
na jeje the man dey b4 those terrorist go meet am nw

Na jeje I dey wey wan fulani bandit quote me nw

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by ejighikemeuwa: 6:58pm On Jun 03, 2021
Remember; he will not support you, he is relaxed and will be buried in the Vatican city, even if he join you he Will sabotage the program.so leave him alone

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by Jesuschristus: 7:02pm On Jun 03, 2021
No elderly man that witnessed Biafra will wish for another war

4 Likes

Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by temitope27(m): 7:03pm On Jun 03, 2021
AntiBMC:

Na jeje I dey wey wan fulani bandit quote me nw
sorry no cry embarassed grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by AntiBMC(m): 7:06pm On Jun 03, 2021
temitope27:
sorry no cry embarassed grin grin grin

Ntorr cry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by IamWonderful: 7:14pm On Jun 03, 2021
Olela
Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by Unik3030: 7:16pm On Jun 03, 2021
Now let's watch as they label him Fulani or afonja,some will even dig out history of how he refused to share kolanut with their grandfather in 1955.

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by Unik3030: 7:22pm On Jun 03, 2021
nairalandankrah:

Because Nigeria doesn't practice democracy in reality but on paper..
y can't ipob form a party n field his candidates in all elective positions in the east so as to make the struggle civil n reasonable.

Oh sorry I think that will stop the brainwashing n nobody will pay monthly dues to dilector again.

Nnamdi Kanu is just a scammer, someone I can liken to all these Nigeria bike men.once they know u don't understand a location,they will prefer to take u round the town for more time so they can charge u high than to do the needful n collect their money.

Nnamdi Kanu knows nobody will give him Biafra by shouting but by democratic approach but he won't tell them so as to continue collecting monthly dues

6 Likes

Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by Unik3030: 7:23pm On Jun 03, 2021
PeaceforNigeria:
White Jesus idol worshipper
so meaning all Christians are idol worshippers?

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by Brimstone77: 7:23pm On Jun 03, 2021
I'm not surprised, Catholic Church and Christianity in general have never helped Igbo people, despite we being majority Christian's the church..

During the war Britain that happens to be a Christian country connived with Fulani lead Muslim federal government to massacre igbos..

Despite all the killings in the east the pope have never find it important to make a speech condemning it,but will not hesitate to visit majority Muslim countries in the middle East.

This is main reason Igbo should adopt Judaism..

6 Likes

Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by OfoIgbo: 7:25pm On Jun 03, 2021
This took place about 4 years ago or so.

It's old news.

It happened way before the last general election
Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by nairalandankrah: 7:26pm On Jun 03, 2021
Unik3030:
[s]y can't ipob form a party n field his candidates in all elective positions in the east so as to make the struggle civil n reasonable.[/s]

Oh sorry I think that will stop the brainwashing n nobody will pay monthly dues to dilector again.

[s]Nnamdi Kanu is just a scammer, someone I can liken to all these Nigeria bike men.once they know u don't understand a location,they will prefer to take u round the town for more time so they can charge u high than to do the needful n collect their money.

Nnamdi Kanu knows nobody will give him Biafra by shouting but by democratic approach but he won't tell them so as to continue collecting monthly due[/s]s

I'll agree with you if Nigeria were practicing democracy, but they are not..
What does the imposition of hope uzodimma on imolites by the federal government teach u?..
That your vote doesn't count

3 Likes

Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by Dreambeat: 7:28pm On Jun 03, 2021
VERY old video
Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by BKayy: 7:28pm On Jun 03, 2021
While Muslim countries are arming up Nigeria to wipe Ndigbo, Cardinal Arinze and the Catholic Church are killing the Morale of Ndigbo.
I blame any Igbo man that is still a Christian.
In short and concise term "You are a fool"

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by Brimstone77: 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2021
[s]
Unik3030:
y can't ipob form a party n field his candidates in all elective positions in the east so as to make the struggle civil n reasonable.

Nnamdi Kanu is just a scammer, someone I can liken to all these Nigeria bike men.once they know u don't understand a location,they will prefer to take u round the town for more time so they can charge u high than to do the needful n collect their money.

Nnamdi Kanu knows nobody will give him Biafra by shouting but by democratic approach but he won't tell them so as to continue collecting monthly dues
[/s] incoherent gibberish!!

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Arinze Meets IPOB Members, Kicks Against Biafra Agitation (video) by Cholls(m): 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2021
Bola146:
[img]https:///media/6-10-2018/nFVMcC.gif[/img]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Anger On This Woman's Face At Tinubu Campaign Today - Photo / Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos / Breaking News: RCCG Member Accuses OSINBAJO Of Rape And Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.